Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The most aggravating Pokemon in The Ranger series

My god, Ranger 1 was just full of these:

1. CHARIZARD (both times)
    2. STEELIX
    3. MR. MIME.
    4. On a much lesser extent, Billy's Tyranitar, Pupitar and Larvitar. Nice music.

The list goes on and on...

Ranger 2... Am I the only person who found Drapion easy? Cresselia and Heatran were MUCH tougher for me.

Ranger 3 was a joke. I'm not mentioning any because there is no need.

I never did beat the first Ranger game, but oh god, Charizard is an nightmare. 0:0
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Charizard, Salamence, and Arceus
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

Entei in the first ranger game. It really pissed me off.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Entei in the first ranger game. I remember what I was thinking when I was trying to capture him. I was thinking he needed to die. XD

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

Well, I didn't get too far in Ranger...but in my experience, Steelix. How are you supposed to circle that thing even ONCE, much less 7 times in a row?!
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

omg charizard was a b***** to get in the first ranger series....it was so annoying :/

Charizard and Steelix in the first game. Took me about a month to get pass each one of them.
    Friend Code for Black: Rick; 3611 5401 6824

Deoxys, him multiplying himself is annoying

In the three games:
    Ranger 1: Charizard, the first time. Funny enough, I didn't have a problem with him second time round, strangely. Steelix is hard until you finally get a moment to strike, and the final three story mode bosses are hard if Plusle/Minun aren't at the ready and you don't know, for example, that you have to circle Entei to get rid of the flames surrounding it.
    Oh, and Billy's Tyranitar, Pupitar and Larvitar battle. Luckily the music's good.
    Ranger 2: Drapion. It's the only boss I had problems with. Luckily it was on my favourite part of the game. I didn't play post-story of Shadows of Almia because I lost interest in it, so I don't know of any more bosses. I do wish I could play Liberate the Tower!, but it's sadly gone now and there's no good footage of it on YouTube that's not in Japanese.
    Ranger 3: From the story mode, Metagross and its laser spamming. However, it can't even come CLOSE to Arceus in the past missions. That thing is INSANE.
    Last edited by Shadow Jirachi; 9th June 2012 at 2:11 PM.
    Pokémon games I own: Diamond, Platinum, White, HeartGold, Blue Rescue Team, Explorers of Time, Explorers of Time, Ranger, Shadows of Almia, Guardian Signs, Colosseum.
    Currently reading the Ginji's Rescue Team manga.

RangerShipping, my OTP~

Solana x Lunick forever~!

Easily the hardest Pokemon I had to get was the Charizard in the first game, especially after you lose to it once and no longer have your partner Pokemon. At that point it becomes beyond insanely difficuly to circle it the correct number of times without it attacking or breaking your line. Arceus in the last Ranger game is a pretty close second, but I've only faced it with 2 or more people so 1v1 it's probably harder.
    Back : D
    I help write the Pokemon of the Week!
    Trapped since February 9, 2013
    Woooo competitive. Also doing ASB, with my squad being here.
    Also have a Youtube channel where I do Nintendo News. Woo.

Beedrill was too annoying in Ranger 2!
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Salamence. That thing nearly drove me insane. Eventually I had actually caught it. But I forgot to save, took on Charizard (also a total struggle) and failed. When I realize I hadn't saved, it was hard for me to suppress my pure rage and anger at myself for not saving. It also was hard because it was the middle of the night.

In Ranger 2, I have to say Drapion. That thing held a barricade on my progress in Almia. It was so infuriating! In fact, it might just be the reason my DS has a really floppy top screen.

In Ranger 3, I haven't seen Arceus in the past yet (but I still have the event in the present) because I'm stuck at that Weavile in the Ice Temple. So hard with infuriating speed, even when I have a Blaziken partner.
    3DS FC: 4597 - 0384 - 5442

If you add me, PM me with your friend code and I'll add you.
    Friend Safari: Grass; has Oddish, Ivysaur and Quilladin

Charizard, Rayquaza, and Steelix. The 2 because they were long and Charizard just because of its flames the killed me almost everytime. But Entai wasnt that far behind them. With the flames in the ground every second of the fight x:

I slided through the second and third games with ease, but that first game... I still haven't beaten it and it's been out since, what, 2007?

I have no idea how I did, but like on my fourth try I managed to beat Steelix but those Mr Mimes back in that factory, gosh! They are just so difficult! I've actually got two versions of the first game (for some reason, my first one I'm playing a a girl and the second I'm a boy), and on the boy one I can't get past those Mr Mimes, while I somehow did it on my girl one.
    I'm currently on the hardest part on any game ever on the girl one, the Team Go-Rock Squad base, those damn red lights...
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/otn79k.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Poke's4Ever View Post
    I slided through the second and third games with ease, but that first game... I still haven't beaten it and it's been out since, what, 2007?

I have no idea how I did, but like on my fourth try I managed to beat Steelix but those Mr Mimes back in that factory, gosh! They are just so difficult! I've actually got two versions of the first game (for some reason, my first one I'm playing a a girl and the second I'm a boy), and on the boy one I can't get past those Mr Mimes, while I somehow did it on my girl one.
    I'm currently on the hardest part on any game ever on the girl one, the Team Go-Rock Squad base, those damn red lights...
    Yeah, those Mr. Mime were impossible, I was so happy they were replaced by Gastly later on though.

That Steelix was impossible too. The Red lights were hard at first, but there's a really simple pattern. Justvlook at it for a while and you'll figure it out.

But, the bosses of that mission aren't all too hard... It's the Lastoise/Blaziken combo and the Gen II Starter combo that are pure hell to beat.

I, personally, had the most trouble w/ Purple Eyes' Garchomp... It took me forEVER to beat it the first time playing through. I also have trouble w/ Ho-oh in each playthrough.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

I have 3. 1 is a scared buziel that i cant keep up with when it runs and the double team of sharpedo. also agitated raikou. All of these are in pokem ranger gurdian signs.
    Last edited by AGGRON GUY; 1st April 2013 at 8:54 PM.
    me:cat use scratch. friend:your cat is not a pokemon. ME: OH YEAH? CAT USE GROWL. CAT:MEOW (SHUT UP! JUST BECAUSE I CAN DO THAT DOES NOT MEAN I WILL DO THAT!) FRIEND:HA HA! ME:FEEL THE WRATH OF MY CHARZAIRD! FRIEND: DUDE THATS A TOY. ME:WAH! CAT AND FRIEND:HAH HAH! IDIOT. LATER: HEY CAT IS THAT A ARCANINE?! CAT:MEOW (I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS BUT I DONT LIKE CANINES.) FRIEND:RUN! ME: HAH HAH. TURD FACE...I TOLD HIM POKEMON WERE REAL. BY AGGRON GUY

Registeel is IMO the hardest Pokemon to 'capture' throughout the series. Those annoying balls just keeps on damaging my styler.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Well, good question.

Froslass. You want to know how long it took me to beat that thing? Weeks. Those Ice Type attacks show no justice.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

In the first pokemon ranger, I succesfully captured Steelix, Salamence, Charizard, Entei, etc. It was a terrible mess, almost impossible.
    But I reached the end, where you need to capture Raikou, Suicune and Entei in a row. It is truly impossible.
    No seriously, I couldn't even capture Raikou. I did once, but got raped by Suicune.. What's the point of making a game so hard? D:
    Current Hunt: 800 eggs hatched
    RE shinies:

If you need to be rescued on Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team, send me a message!

Loudred from the original game, not difficulty, just how to get to it. It was on a ledge and you had to slide down ice and pick the right hole, took too long...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

It's been a while since I've played any of them, but soloing (past) Arceus on a timed mission designed for four playersis one of the most difficult things ever, at least it isn't like PR1 where you have to do all the circles in one shot. I used a maxed out Gallade to do it, but, good grief, those Laser Beams of Doom everywhere are just insane.

that goddamn drapion in PR:SA. it was too much.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rches/0Kw8LKfX

Everybody, sign this. Churches need to be taxed.

Quote Originally Posted by KyuremFreeze View Post
    that goddamn drapion in PR:SA. it was too much.
    I agree, I had so much trouble with that the first few times.

-Uh oh.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast