Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Night in the Nacrene City Museum! (673)

Default A Night in the Nacrene City Museum! (673)

Shippou City! Big Adventure at the Museum!

Ash & Co. have finally arrived in Shippou City and decide to visit the museum to get to the Gym. However, when they get to the museum, the doors promptly shut on their ownm. Failing to get out, they meet the director of the museum who lets them know that there are many strange things going on in the museum. Will Ash & Co. stop it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

So it seems like Team Rocket won't do anyting in this city. 10 seconds in a ep is really embarrassing.
    Aloe's husband was wrong when he brought the Desumasu mask to the museum, and that's why the mask was doing troubles, until Aloe arrived and saved the day with Miruhog. Now it's the gym battle time.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Bit of a shame we see Desukan's sarcophagus but no inhabitation of it

Bit of a shame we see Desukan's sarcophagus but no inhabitation of it

Yeah, not much of an eventfull episode but it was a nice Aloe, husband, Mirohogu/Deathmask introduction, fun enough.

He captured Kurumiri that was on a Shikijika back I think.

Please don't discuss the previews for future eps in this thread

I enjoyed the episode enough.
    Good to see the opening complete (especially since I missed the last few episodes) and the episode was interesting and easy ton understand, even in a different language or mute.
    As Serebii said, I had high hopes of a Desukaan appearance following the sight of its sarcophagus but Desumas was good enough for me.
    I also presumed that the possesion of Dento would be a more longer and important plot point but it was quite short.
    All in all, a good fun episode to round off an awesome year of D/P and Best Wishes.

Bit of a shame about the lack of Desukan action, yeah- that would have made a nice climax to the episode.

Nicely done little pre-gym filler, with some excellent moments; Desumasu's mask crying was a nice touch, and Aloe looks decent. Judging by that trailer at the end, roll on 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    So it seems like Team Rocket won't do anyting in this city. 10 seconds in a ep is really embarrassing.
    Aloe's husband was wrong when he brought the Desumasu mask to the museum, and that's why the mask was doing troubles, until Aloe arrived and saved the day with Miruhog. Now it's the gym battle time.
    Yes they will...

Kidashi explicitly showed a meteorite in the museum, along with the skeleton and fossil. Then we saw the Team Rocket scene with Flint reappearing and Jessie, James and Meowth having a flashback when they got the Meteorite Dummy...

It's TOO obvious that they're going to swap the fake for the real when Ash has his gym battle...

Anyway, for the episode 4/10. Horrible! It was 100% the Darumakka episode rebooted. The only thing that saved it was the appearance of Aloe. Who Kidashi apparently refers to as 'mamma' :S That's pretty big reference to Big Momma! :S

Anyway:
    Ash and co arrive at Shippou City.
    - Well haven't we seen this city already in the previous episode? No need to see the whole thing again...
    Ash wants his gym battle, but the Museum is locked...
    - How typical...
    Scene with Kidashi getting chased by a Kabuto fossil...
    - Yawn...
    Kidashi breaks through the door, and says that he was chased by a fossil, but nothings there...
    - Yawn...
    Kidashi explains about the museum and how it suddenly became haunted: flashback. We see a small Will o' wisp following Kidashi when lights fall out.
    - Yawn...
    Police come to inspect the scene, yet find nothing.
    - YAWN!
    Iris and Dento want to help Kidashi out, Ash is frustrated since he wants his gym battle
    - Oh god... He's officially a dunce..
    The 'Mystery Inc' goes inside museum and get a tour: fossils, knights armory, a METEORITE, a Desukan coffin, with nothing in it, and a Dragonite skeleton, ow and a Desumasu mask.
    - Interesting.. Not.. We've seen this things in the preview..
    Team Rocket scene, Flint returns and tells them they're going to snatch the meteorite from the museum and swap it with a dummy that TR recently acquired.
    - Interesting enough, nice to see their plot actually doing something criminal again, and rather then just only being mysterious.
    Lights fall out in the museum, a possessed knight's armor comes walking in. A long and lengthy battle that goes absolutely nowhere ensues. Pikachu uses Quick Attack and Volt Tackle, Mijumaru uses Water Gun a couple of times and we see a shimmer of Desumasu.
    - Not to exciting to watch.. The thing just keeps getting up again and it gets repetitive.
    They go back to the desert exhibit and see that the Desumasu mask has tears.. and it begins to move..
    - WTF...
    Suddenly they hear footstamps, enter the Dragonite part 2! Somehow they expurge Desumasu and Kisashi opens the closed case where the mask was set in.
    - Yawn, the Dragonite skeleton really doesn't do anything threatening.
    The mask sets itself on Dento and he gets a deep voice and starts doesn't listen to Ash and does a Will o' Wisp.
    - Could've been interesting, and I liked the lower voice thing, but lead nowhere since...
    Aloe walks in, sends out Miruhoggu. Miruhoggu is a shining hog yes he is and suddenly Desumasu is a good pokemon...
    - Oh brother.. Another misunderstood pokemon?? Doesn't that remind you of Darumakka much?
    Apparently Kidashi put the Desumasu mask in the museum though it wasn't officially on his display list. By putting it behind glass, the Desumasu couldn't get to it. Ow did I say it lost it by momentarily falling asleep on a museum cart?
    - Asspull! What the crap! Ash even said that he finds Desumasu cute! I don't need to be a translator to know what 'Desumasu' followed by 'kawaii' means...
    Ash and co leave the museum but Ash gets to challenge the gym leader in the next episode.
    - Like we didn't know this scene was going to happen
    The group says goodbye to Desumasu as it flies of in the distance
    - Oh brother...

Seriously, this episode is like a combination of the Darumakka and the Ishizumai episode put together. The misinterpreted pokemon who acts fiendishly at first and even explicitly pronounces anger, but is eventually a cute pokemon from the Darumakka episode, and the 'lost the thing that completes it' from the Ishizumai episode, being Ishizumai's rock, and Desumasu's mask.

In fact, I'll lower this episode to a 3/10. One big yawn fest that we've seen way too many times before. The only thing that were exciting to watch were the Team Rocket scene, Miruhoggu flashing everybody, and the preview for the upcoming episodes. The plot for this episode was horribly executed, it dragged on and on with nothing really happening.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I cant wait to see it...
    Hello!

xD

I couldn't watch this episode but just seeing the epi pictures and Aloe appearing makes it 11/10 for me!

I'm sorry but everyone else said Miruhog is using Flash i knew it was Illuminate, good to see Aloe appeared.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Did the opening change?

Who is this Piplup I hear about?

WishfulShipping forever (Dent X Iris) <3

Red's PokePet

Whizzer the level 43 Lucario!

Your signature was too tall. I removed what was needed to make it short enough. Please read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue3Mayfield View Post
    Did the opening change?
    I haven't seen it yet but I'd say no since Chaoboo debuted last episode so it would be colored in this episode. Next episode will probably be the change in the opening.

As for the episode...was really hoping James would get Desumasu. But no it just wanted it mask.

The Team Rocket plot is slowly thickening. They may just steal the item in the next episode.

Aloe appeared and saved the day...kind of.

Desumasu left and was happy in the end I guess. Ash challenged Aloe to a gym battle in the end I think.

Overall, not really interesting for me. It had Desumasu which was nice. Aloe probably was cool too, haven't seen the video yet just pictures on serebii.

It was a nice episode but I really wish things went I how I thought they would.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

This was yet another sub-par BW episode that I did not enjoy.

I'm just glad Oshawott got an appearance, it's the only thing getting me through some of these episodes.

When are Team Plasma going to make their big debut? They've already passed up their first actual appearance in K-Town, and we're seeing no signs of their members anywhere in the city.

I just hope they don't push their appearances too later into the anime. Otherwise we can't anticipate it as much. :/
    Long ago, when the deity Pokemon of time was born, so did time. Without it, the world would just stand still, no motion or life to make happiness. There is no substitute for the gift of time, which we must use to make good on this earth...

100% Luckyshipper!!!

Even though no one was in an actual battle I think it was cool that they used the Battle Pinch music.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dialga View Post
    When are Team Plasma going to make their big debut? They've already passed up their first actual appearance in K-Town, and we're seeing no signs of their members anywhere in the city.

I just hope they don't push their appearances too later into the anime. Otherwise we can't anticipate it as much. :/
    Team Plasma has been reference to by Giovanni twice, not by name but as a "mysterious organization". They are set to appear though in the next month or so. So they are appearing soon.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Something that I am getting bored of is Ash getting upset he cant get his gym battle in the beginning. How many times was that done already (including DP)? Same old intro, btw.

From the screenshots, I notice that Iris and Dent seem to argue a lot.

In short, I still don't like Iris, and see why she is there. She's not helping Ash along in anyway, and has too much of a superiority complex.

Seems like a good episode from what I can tell from the screenshots lol. The only thing that bothered me was Dento's bow tie seemed a bit off in a way...it looked smaller than normal =/
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Boring episode... I mean it.

Random : PokéRadar

Just watched it. I LOVE THIS EPISODE!!! I got a kick out of scared Kidachi scenes. Not to mention Iris seeming to be like a spirit finder person and Dento being all skeptical XDDDDD It was great.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

I did not expect this to turn into a Iris vs. Dento episode in terms of "It's an evil spirit" vs. "No, we can explain it WITH SCIENCE!" I really enjoyed the moments of banter they had together. I also enjoyed "Mama" Aloe showing up as well as Miruhogg lighting up the place. Also, I enjoyed the TRio getting the mission to steal that meteorite. Looks like that'll come to a head either next episode or the one after that.

-Everything else was pretty boring though. The fact that we see Aloe for the first time and that Team Rocket get their next mission prevents the episode from being completely filler but man, this really did feel like the Hihidaruma episode. It literally had the exact same plot except with a Gym Leader and a possessed Dento. I guess coming after Bel's awesome introduction and the upcoming Gym Battle, there wasn't a big idea they could put in.

-Also, Yanappu just...disappeared or something after Bullet Seed.

-Glad to see Miju getting more screentime though (thought he was sending out Mamepato for a second)

-But man, that 2011 preview sure got me psyched for the future episodes!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast