Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Home for Dwebble (670)

I knew Dento would be getting the thing, I just knew it. I'm glad they showed Iris has some Pokemon skills. I can't wait for next weeks episode ^^
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I'm very sad to notice the absence of old soundtracks in this episode (ie. tracks that have existed and been played prior to BW001). While Best Wishes is still a relatively new saga, both AG and DP have introduced older soundtracks (ie. non-AG or DP tracks) at around this time during their own respective sagas.

It looks like my fear that the entire old soundtrack having been officially retired from the entire show may unfortunately be confirmed to be true. I knew something was suspicious when Miyazaki released 80-something (mostly) unreleased tracks immediately after DP191 aired.

As a fan of nostalgia, I hope I am wrong with this.

Hey everyone, I think I've just invented a cool new drinking game! Every time I use the word faaaabulous or any variation of such, you take a drink! I guarantee you'll be wasted in no time! Anyway, I hadn't watched episode 11 of the Best Wishes anime for several reasons. First of all, I just didn't have the free time to be watching the episode and then the time to type up a review of the events in this episode. Second of all, I just didn't like this episode very much once I did take the time to watch it. I know I'll probably get flamed and receive death threats for saying this but here it goes: I thought this episode and its predictable plot points were pure Filler. I know Dento and Ishizumai got tons of love and stuff, but I thought this episode was rather unnecessary and Dento shouldn't have even gotten an Ishizumai at all since it just looks so unfaaaabulous compared to other Pokemon. Well, there you have it. Rant aside, there were still some good stuff about this episode that I'd like to point out. While I'm not a fan of this episode, I do think it was a fun little episode for all you Dento lovers out there. Anyway, here we go. Things started off in a nice lush valley near a river where Ash and friends had set up camp. Ash was sitting on a table waiting for food while Dento and Iris were preparing the meal. Apparently, the faaabulous Dento is some sort of master chef as he is always seen cooking the meals for the group. I'm 100% sure he's meant to replace Brock now, in more ways than one. Anyway, Dento was cooking up potato salad if I'm not mistaken. Why potato salad though? I don't understand why Dento would cook that up for lunch, but whatever. I guess they got tired of the wild berries Iris usually picks haha.

Aside from just the potato salad in his bowl, he was also making sandwiches. He seemed to be adding all sorts of ingredients like chopped tomatoes and more potato salad. Potato salad sandwiches? LOLWOTT? Anyway, Iris, being a growing girl, ate the sandwich Dento had just finished preparing. She seemed to like it as well. What I liked about that scene was that Dento didn't seem mad at Iris; I thought he actually looked happy. Why does he always have to smile so faaaabulously? I laughed because while all of this was happening, Ash was still sitting down, dying of hunger. Dento brought Ash and plate of sandwiches and Ash loved them right away. He then asked Pikachu and Kibago if they were enjoying their food, and both appeared to be content with Dento's cooking. So, the Pokemon got fed before the humans? Oh geez. Just as Iris appeared to baby Kibago, Kibago sensed a disturbance beyond the rocks. Kibago went off on his own and was followed by Pikachu shortly after. They encountered quite a sight beyond the rocks though: a shell-less Ishizumai that was tapping a rock it had found. Ash and friends arrived and Ash scanned Ishizumai in his Pokedex to better learn about the species (or something). It was at that point that I noticed how small Ishizumai looks without a shell. Creepy stuff. It then started chipping away at the rock it had found. Soon after that, Ishizumai managed to chip away at the rock long enough for it to shrink to a perfect size and Ishizumai was able to use it as a shell. Just as Ash and friends were watching Ishizumai with awe, three more Ishizumai appeared from the ground. The leader ordered the other two to jump the first Ishizumai, which was quite a sight to see, since they pushed Ishizumai to the ground and it looked hurt.

Ishizumai was no fool though, as it quickly used Protect when the other two Ishizumai attacked it with their claws. As all of this was happening, we got to see Dento being faaaabulously worried. The first Ishizumai got up and attacked the other two with Slash, but they used Protect and avoided damage. Grr. They proceeded to push Ishizumai again and its new shell came off. The leader Ishizumai then came around and took Ishizumai's shell and added it to his own using some type of sticky gunk. Eww. Just as Ash and friends were about to do something, the three Ishizumai fled using Dig and the little Ishizumai went after them. Dento faaaabulously sent out his Yanappu to chase after the three Ishizumai using Dig as well, but it didn't find them. Too bad, can we move on to Shippou City now? Apparently not, because the little Ishizumai appeared soon after Yanappu, and it looked beat. Dento then offered Ishizumai his faaaabulous hand, but Ishizumai fled quickly. Maybe it was shy? Dento and the others ran after it, and I laughed at how funny Ishizumai looked while it was running away haha. Iris cornered it and Pikachu tried talking to it, but it attacked Pikachu and a rock hit Yanappu and knocked it out cold. Yes! Anyway, that didn't last long as Dento sprayed Yanappu with some of his faaaabulous Super Potion and it was fine again. Dammit. After Ishizumai apologized, Ash and friends seemed to offer to help it and it fled again. Meanwhile, in some town far away from the forest where Ash and friends were, Team Rocket were just sort of standing around in front of some building along with at guy that looks a lot like Takuto, I mean Tobias. They looked all suspicious so you know they were going to do something naughty as part of their mission.

Sure enough, Team Rocket entered some old-looking subway station with that other guy. I really hate the new serious Team Rocket, but I loved how they managed to get in so quickly, just as a car drove past. It was so smooth. As Team Rocket walked inside that abandoned subway station, the guy with the long hair talked to them; I'm guessing he mentioned some stuff about their mission. He then talked about some project and showed Team Rocket an image of some tower facility. I loved that the image was shown on a hologram that was projected from his ring though. He talked more about a computer that was inside the building that Team Rocket was supposed to go after as well. Jessie and James accepted their mission without another word and that other guy gave them a creepy smile haha. Anyway, back in the forest area, just as the sun was setting we found Ash, Iris, and faaaabulous Dento waiting for Mamepato to appear. Ash apparently sent it out to do some aerial searching to locate the three Ishizumai, but Mamepato hadn't spotted anything. Dento's Yanappu appeared from the ground soon after, but it hadn't seen anything either. Ishizumai was the last to appear and it was upset that it hadn't located the others either. Since they hadn't seen anything, Ash and friends decided to camp out for the night and they invited Ishizumai to join. How thoughtful. They all ate that night by the campfire and even though Ishizumai appeared to be enjoying itself, Yanappu looked sick. I mean to say, sicker than it usually looks. It fainted so faaaabulously that Dento was concerned about its health. Dento checked its forehead and noticed that it got a fever, probably from the rock that hit it before. I guess rocks give you fevers? I don't know. We got some Tower of Heaven music during the explanation though, that was nice to hear.

What surprised me the most about this emergency situation was Iris and her knowledge of wild berries. She was able to pick some medicinal berries that she managed to grind down into a type of syrup that she fed to Yanappu. Yanappu didn't look all-that better, but it fell asleep quickly, which is just as good. Ishizumai on the other hand, looked worried as it should since Yanappu's fever was all its fault: I love Ishizumai because of that though! I've been waiting for Yanappu to suffer for so long teehee. Anyway, later that night, we got to see Ash, Iris, and Dento in sleeping bags (Dento’s was extra faaaabulous!). I think this is also the first time they’ve ever slept outside as a group. Huh. Anyway, Dento woke up and noticed Ishizumai looking after Yanappu. Dento seemed to realize how sorry Ishizumai was about hurting Yanappu, and it looked like Dento tried to soothe Ishizumai’s anxiety by talking to it. I also noticed that Dento had a faaaabulous night shirt on. Fan service, perhaps? Moving right along now, Ishizumai continued taking care of Yanappu by covering it with a blanket. Aww, how cute. We also got some nice guitar music in there, which suited the situation perfectly. During the same night but at some other location in Isshu, we found Jessie, James, and Meowth at that tower facility the Takuto look-alike showed them before. They used their spy tools to climb up the building’s wall and Jessie and James put on some neat-looking goggles over their eyes. I thought they were normal, but they showed where the security lasers were located (I don’t know what they’re called haha). After locating those, Team Rocket quickly and stealthily made their way deeper into the facility. They were like real spies!

Once Team Rocket got to the area above the main computer they were after, they removed the ceiling panel and James activated a little flying robot that was able to hover past the security lasers and land on the main computer. With a little hacking on James' part, Team Rocket was able to crack the computer's password and gain access to tons of files that would be important for their mission in the Isshu region or whatever it is that the writers have come up with in this series. In the morning, back at the forest where Ash, Iris, and Dento were staying, we got to see Yanappu back at full health and it was jumping around like the monkey that it is. And here I wanted to see it suffer. Oh well. I noticed that Ash and Dento still had their faaaabulous night clothes on though haha. Iris greeted Yanappu and Yanappu looked happy to see her. Ishizumai then appeared and it looked happy to see Yanappu looking all better. Soon after that, Ash and friends got dressed properly and they all returned to that rocky area where they had first encountered Ishizumai and those three bully Ishizumai the day before. Once they knew they were confronted, the three Ishizumai fled the area but Kibago went chasing after them like the kid that it is. Iris then chased after Kibago to make sure it didn't get hurt. While Kibago was alone though, it got lost in the rocks and it couldn't find the three bully Ishizumai. Apparently, those sneaky Ishizumai had disguised themselves as rocks behind Kibago. Kibago discovered them though, just as Ash, Iris, and Dento arrived at the scene. So it looks like Kibago isn't as dumb as it would have us believe it is.

I loved Dento's faaaabulous arrival pose though, that was a stand-out scene haha. Once Ishizumai located the bully Ishizumai, it just sort of rushed right in to get its shell back from their boss. It had planned to use Slash from the look of it, but once again, it was knocked back down due to one of the other Ishizumai. Just as Iris was worried about Ishizumai, Ash finally decided to take matters into his own hands and he ordered Pikachu to get involved at last. However, Pikachu wasn't able to do anything because Ishizumai wanted to fight and defeat the three bully Ishizumai on its own. I guess it had tons of hidden pride? At least Pikachu didn't get involved: you know what would've happened lol. Anyway, Ash wished Ishizumai good luck as it went on with the attack. As one Ishizumai distracted it, another came at our Ishizumai with Slash from the air. Even though Ishizumai was prepared with its own Slash, it wasn't able to hurt the other Ishizumai and it just fell to the ground and bounced onto a rock, for like the hundredth time in this episode. How utterly unfaaaabulous. However, Ishizumai made good use of the dust to attack the bully Ishizumai with Slash, only to get knocked back because of Protect. Those wild Ishizumai sure are crafty! One of the other Ishizumai attacked our Ishizumai with its shell and our Ishizumai fainted. Haha, what? After all of that? Wow. Anyway, the other Ishizumai fled and our Ishizumai eventually recovered. While Ash and Iris discussed their options, Dento came up with a faaaabulous way to find the Ishizumai again: food as a lure. Just as some funky kung-fu music was playing, the three Ishizumai appeared near the food. Ash and friends pulled on the ropes tied to the food bowls and our Ishizumai got the chance to attack!

Sadly, its first Slash attack wasn't able to injure the Ishizumai it had targeted and our Ishizumai just got hurt again. Just as another Ishizumai attacked from the air, our Ishizumai used its speed to hide among the rocks. I was shocked to see that the wild Ishizumai's Slash was able to cut through solid rock though. Crazy! As all that was happening, Dento seemed amazed at Ishizumai's speed and he looked positively faaaabulous! Ishizumai then noticed a boulder on top of a cliff and it formed a plan. Once one of the other Ishizumai cornered it, it put its plan into action. The Ishizumai used X-Scissor and the shockwave of the attack caused the boulder to fall and knock the Ishizumai into the sky haha. Ishizumai then used X-Scissor on the second Ishizumai and knocked it out too. Ash and Dento were really excited. Tell me this ain't faaaabulous! As Kibago lured another Ishizumai away, our Ishizumai came in and knocked that one around a bit and sent it flying as well! I'm surprised Ishizumai is as strong as it is. After that, Ishizumai along with Ash and the gang all arrived at the place where the leader of the Ishizumai bullies was still eating. The leader noticed that the other Ishizumai were no longer there, and our Ishizumai challenged it to a fight at last. While our Ishizumai was able to dodge the leader's shell attack, it still got knocked around a bit. The leader Ishizumai then fired out a powerful attack that collided with our Ishizumai and caused it to land near Ash and friends. Ash, Iris, Pikachu, and Kibago all cheered for Ishizumai and it got up and lured the leader to some rocky area. The leader Ishizumai then got stuck in a rocky arch, giving our Ishizumai the chance to jump in and attack with X-Scissor. There was a ton of dust after the attack collided with its target!

Right before the dust cleared, and Dento was looking all proud and faaaabulous, the leader Ishizumai attacked our Ishizumai with Slash and then something unexpected happened: Ishizumai glowed red for a second and then it was revealed by Dento that it used Shell Smash! That new Shell Smash move powered Ishizumai up by a ton and it was able to use a more-powerful version of X-Scissor on the leader Ishizumai. The attack was so powerful, that it broke the leader's shell. Naked and without protection, the leader fled. How the mighty have fallen. With the bullies defeated, Ishizumai was able to get the shell it had created before and it finally looked complete. Ash and the others all cheered since Ishizumai had defeated the bullies all on its own. Back at the abandoned subway, Team Rocket handed the Takuto/Tobias look-alike some computer chip and then they all left the area. Whatever. Back at the rocky area of the forest, Ash and friends were saying their faaaabulous goodbyes to Ishizumai. However, Ishizumai wanted to go with Dento and Dento decided to capture it as his own Pokemon, which was pretty predictable if you ask me. Dento did his faaaabulous capture pose and Ash once again set his sights on Shippou City for his second Isshu badge battle. Well that was it. Pretty much everything I had predicted that would happen, happened. In fact, this episode might have been my least favorite Best Wishes episode since a certain otter-based Pokemon was missing. I mean, where the devil was Mijumaru?! The anime isn't the same without him. Anyway, I'm glad that Dento got his second Pokemon, but did it have to be an Ishizumai? Geez. Anyway, only the last Ishizumai battle was all-that interesting. This episode gets a 7/10, which is still ok for a Filler episode. Stay faaaabulous (and drunk?)~

Thank you for making me drunk. Also the person that looks like Tobias is named flint. And yeah Mijumaru didn't appear, . I guess that's why it was angry and it had his arms crossed when it was let out to battle against shooti because it wasn't in episode 9.
    I liked the episode as well, one of my favourites so far.

*Waits for my hangover*.

*while drunk* Don't use...fabulous...for...every sentence...if that was the case....people...would...be drunk...after every episode....of Star Driver *hiccup*
    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I thought this episode and its predictable plot points were pure Filler. I know Dento and Ishizumai got tons of love and stuff, but I thought this episode was rather unnecessary and Dento shouldn't have even gotten an Ishizumai at all since it just looks so unfaaaabulous compared to other Pokemon.

Anyway, I'm glad that Dento got his second Pokemon, but did it have to be an Ishizumai? Geez. Anyway, only the last Ishizumai battle was all-that interesting. This episode gets a 7/10, which is still ok for a Filler episode. Stay faaaabulous (and drunk?)~
    Man, I must be the only one who thinks Ishizumai looks cool and cute at the same time.

I know this episode really seemed like filler, but just because the events looked like it doesn't mean that it is. I mean, absolutely nothing of real importance happend in BW003 (well, as we know of anyway) but it's still not filler because Satoshi officially got his Mijumaru in it, not even really catching it.

I doubt Miju will be in the next episode either *sad face*
    Last edited by garfield15; 6th December 2010 at 8:24 PM.

@_@ I think I had an overdose of faaaaaaabulous....(nice review though ...just...let's not play that game again....*_*)
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

I always love the episodes where they show Pokemon doing thing's based off their real life counterparts. Man TR's very effective when not going after Pikachu, seeing how well they completed their mission in this episode makes one wonder if they'd be elites in TR if they hadn't become obsessed with catching Pikachu. Congrat's to Dent for catching an Ishizumai judging by the way it battled it looks like it'll be an impressive member of the team.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Ishizumai for the 1st time. Ishizumai's Shell Smash attack was very cool. It was cool to see how it turns a rock into its home. It was great to see Ishizumai being very concerned after Yanappu became very sick. It was cool to see Ishizumai work very hard, and never giving up when trying to get its home back. I'm glad Dent ended up catching it.

43/100

Dwebble voice is really cool. I love this episode, hope the dub is as good as the original.

Dwebble sounds too adorable. Which is good though~

Overall though, the episode was alright. It's nice to see Cilan got most of the spotlight in this episode, but Ash and Iris got a fair amount as well.

Jessie/James/Meowth were pretty cool to see, while they infiltrated that facility for data. Man they're getting good; I even enjoyed their mellow and cold attitude in this episode. For some reason it sounds excellent. And then we see Pierce again (Mr Green), so awesome.

In the end though, the next meet up with the trio Dwebble felt rushed, but not by a lot in a way. It's nice that Dwebble took a better approach at challenging the trio, and it worked out well. But in the end, the battle seemed as though he won to easily. Whatever works though I guess.

I woke up when it was already halfway over, but I'll catch the rest of it later.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Dwebble was so cute. You can't argue with that...and a some Wishful-shipping--Cilan and Iris should really be together.
    And no Ash outbursts this episode.

8/10.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

It was a good episode. Ash and friends find a Dwebble whose home was stolen from other Dwebble. Ash and friends help Dwebble get its home back. Dwebble joins Cilan's Pokemon party as well. Can't wait for the next episode.

I kinda liked this episode. Dwebble seemed like a cool pokemon. I found it weird that Cillan had thought Pansage got a fever from getting hit in the head by a rock.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Dwebble is an interesting pokemon. I'm even going to use it for my next team in Black. But that aside, I was intrigued when I finally saw how shell smash worked in the anime. I always assumed the pokemon just broke off the shell it was carrying on its back. I was glad to see Cilan get another pokemon. Also did it feel kind of weird seeing Dwebble not have a shell on?

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

I really liked this episode, especially seeing the life of dwebble outside the shell. It was quite emotional during the end when dwebble was trying everything to get his/her shell back but the bully dwebble were being so mean. However, YES go dwebble who is much smarter to use his tactics on the terrain - it is much better to have brains than brawn.

We also learn Iris is the herbalist of the group which really fits her character as she is really good at gathering. I hope this part of her character gets some more development so we can see a softer side to Iris behind her hard shell where her image is the most important to her (yeah whos the kid now Iris).

Also, it still baffles me that Cilan puts all that stuff into a bag but I suppose when you have watched Mary Poppins, anything is possible.

Finally, good to have dwebble on Cilan's team. It will be very interesting to see how Cilan uses dwebble in upcoming episodes because we will see if he/she will be used as a equal to Pansage (who is very close to Cilan) or will be used significantly less to pansage. We might even be surprised and we see dwebble more than pansage but I doubt that will happen.

Anyway, good episode. Orton155 over and out
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Ash and Co didn't meet TR, AGAIN. I can't even understand what's they're doing.

It looked more like a Dento episode for a few moments, due to Yanappu's injury, but it wasn't. But Ishizumai got his shell and it was fine, thanks to the friends' help of course.

And good that he caught it.
    I agree! What's up with Team Rocket. How can they go from one extreme to another? I mean its not a horrible thing but now they are so mysterious and don't battle nearly at all. When will James capture a pokemon! Argh.

On another note the episode was cute but X Scissor looked like cross poison! I mean come on it was purple. :-\
    some bugs really can be beautiful

Just watched the episode. Not bad, it was nice that Dwebble was able to get his house back with very little help from Ash, Iris, and Cilan. And it's a good thing that Dwebble chose Cilan and joined the party.

As for Team Rocket, they're still up to no good. We'll have to wait and see what they're going to do next episode.

Pretty cool episode. The animation was nice. I was sad to see Dwebble's shell taken, but now it got the shell back which was good. Dwebble sure is smart! I like how Cilan now caught a Pokémon too.
    9/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I felt sorry for dwebble.
    Dwebble was cute in a odd sort of way.

Glad to see Cilan caught a new Pokemon, makes me moreso glad that it was Dwebble :P

Team Rocket were pretty cool aswell, they had some nice scenes in this episode.
    James
    FC 4771 1307 9049 WHITE
    Playing Jap White 2 EXCITED

Time
    I operate under NZST (UTC+12). The times of which I am available are generally 9A.M - 1:30A.M.

Currently
    Hibernating. Training and playing White 2.

I forgot how much I loved this episode.

I love Cilan's cooking speeches. I think he needs a cooking show after he's done on Pokemon, I'd watch it everyday.

Cilan's Dwebble is pretty cool, so tough and yet so cute. I love how it and Pansage were a little close with each other.

Cilan and Dwebble made this episode great for me. Pansage, and Team Rocket were pretty awesome too.

I like how Ash had more of a backseat in this episode to give Cilan some spotlight, and a little for Iris too.

One of my favorite Best Wishes episodes.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by aquizero View Post
    I agree! What's up with Team Rocket. How can they go from one extreme to another? I mean its not a horrible thing but now they are so mysterious and don't battle nearly at all. When will James capture a pokemon! Argh.

On another note the episode was cute but X Scissor looked like cross poison! I mean come on it was purple. :-\
    not untill 14 more episode
    .................................................. ......................

I. love. new. TR

Spoiler:- spoilers:

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    I. love. new. TR

Spoiler:- spoilers:
    Are you serious, their objectives change, but their ways of going about things, don't change. Anyway, I liked this dub episode, especially how Dwebble sort of sounded like it's Japanese voice.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

It was a nice episode... but how does Dwebble manage to carry that heavy rock all the time... It shouldn't be able to even walk properly

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast