Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: best dragon pokemon???

I'd say Salamence because of its ability (or is it just me that finds intimidate useful) and stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    I'd say Salamence because of its ability (or is it just me that finds intimidate useful) and stats.
    Oh yeah, its ability Intimidate is so useful, but it cannot cover Ice Beam or Blizzard, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Oh yeah, its ability Intimidate is so useful, but it cannot cover Ice Beam or Blizzard, though.
    'That' is a problem! But then again it can reduce the power of an ice punch which Dragonite or garchomp can't do.

I think only two Dragon Type Pokemon are in the conversation for 'The Best Dragon Type'.

vs

Dragonite, with Multiscale, can be really tough to stop, especially if it can recover itself to full health with either Roost or Rest + Chesto Berry. He is probably one of the best defensive Dragon Types if you want him to be, because of his move set and Stats. His wide move set makes it easier to cover weaknesses. He can cover his weaknesses against Rock Types with Earthquake, Aqua Tail, Dive, Waterfall, Super Power, Iron Tail, and other moves. He can cover his Ice weakness with Fire Punch, Super Power, Iron Tail, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, and other moves. Have a Dragonite with the move set of Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Rest, and Outrage with a Chesto Berry and Multiscale (plus Adamant Nature), he'd be tough to stop. Outside of Ice types, Stealth Rock and Hail/Sandstorm are the only things that'd concern a Multiscale Dragonite Trainer. If you start with Dragonite, Stealth Rocks shouldn't be an issue, but weather, there isn't much you can do, other than shorten your Dragon Dance charge ups. But, if this is a question for before Gen 5, he is not the choice for best Dragon. If he can have Multiscale, I'd choose him over any other non-Legendary Dragon Type.

Salamance is my second choice (first if you don't count Dragonite's Multiscale), because of his high power and speed. He doesn't even have to know Dragon Dance, because his Ability doesn't support it like Dragonite's does. He has high Attack and Special Attack, which makes it a good idea to have a Naughty Nature Salamance with a move set, along the lines of Draco Meteor, Earthquake, Outrage, and Stone Edge/Iron Tail. All of his moves take care of each of his weaknesses and all deal 100+ base power.

First post here... read around for a while before making an account.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    'That' is a problem! But then again it can reduce the power of an ice punch which Dragonite or garchomp can't do.
    And you forgot Avalanche! It's terrible!

Dragonite, it is the king dragon.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Dragonite, Easily.

But my Hydreigon is hard to kill like Steven Seagal.

In 4th gen? Salamence. Before it gets banned from 4th gen OU, that can thing tear through anything but crocune, weavile & etc.
    For personal favorite, its on my sig :I

Garchomp, definitely.

In gen 4, noobs were fawning over it, and we discovered it was actually good. SD Garchomp was ridiculous, especially in sand. It was like this:

The foe's Garchomp used Swords Dance!
    Go, Starmie!
    Starmie used Ice Beam! Ice Beam misses! Garchomp beats the crap out of Starmie and then sweeps your team.

Or...
    The foe's Garchomp used Swords Dance!
    Go, Starmie!
    Starmie used Ice Beam!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's Garchomp's Yache Berry weakens Ice Beam's power!
    Garchomp takes 70% damage!
    Garchomp beats the crap out of Starmie and then sweeps your team.

Weavile was pretty much the ONLY check to Garchomp if he was at 100% health.
    Last edited by UbersSuck20; 24th April 2013 at 8:16 PM.

Dragonite. Multiscale just does so much to add to it's bulk.

I'd have to say Garchomp is out of the list for me because speed isn't enough really. And not to mention it's pretty abusive when using Sand Storm with Double Team. Salamence has it's draw backs being that it seriously lacks physical and special defense. All Salamence relies on are basically just attacks. But of all Dragon types, I'd go with Dragonite hands down. Known for high attack and above average stats along with being the very FIRST Pseudo Legendary Pokémon. And there is a video I watched on YouTube some guy made about Dragonite and it was pretty funny. So yes, Dragonite takes the cake on this one.

Arceus with a dragon plate. Lol Jk.

If you're including legendaries, it'd have to Rayquaza. I don't call him WRECKquaza for nothing.
    If you're not including legendaries, probably Dragonite. He's quite possibly the best pseudo legendary in pokemon history.

^^^Lol ubers don't suck

Thumbs up Best Dragon Pokemon...

Dragonite. I only say this because I have a Dragonite in PMD:EoS and in SS, with maxed out stats, and epic moves.
    Looking for shinies. Willing to trade a MAGIKARP shiny with hacked move set and Lv.100 Moves: Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Judgment, Draco-meteor. If you wanna trade PM me.

Garchomp looks cool and Dragonite since it's confusing to which type it's weak to if it flies and a dragon

IMO, Dragonite is the best. That thing can tear apart almost everything.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Hmm, that's hard... MoxieMence is beast, but Multiscale Dnite is a little more bulky, Kingdra is also good after +1 but walled by Ferrothorn. I'd go with Dragonite.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456