Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: best dragon pokemon???

garchomp is actually the top tier dragon in my opinion. not much can get past him
    My pkm white team.

my friend code:
    Danger: 1678 3908 5350

PM me for trades, battles, facebook, whatever!

<--This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by lunar22 View Post
    Garchomp is actually the best competitive battling-wise.
    I disagree with this for the most part. True statistically speaking Garchomp has an upper hand, but if you love something enough you will find a way to make it work to your advantage. For instance someone could just get a really strong pokemon, in this case garchomp, and still lose to someone who got a pokemon that they really like. It is a known fact that you will work with something better if you like it, rather than taking the better thing.
    The only thing I would change is making Lonely nature to Lonely so HP Ice is more powerful.]
    " I don't swim, water just wants to be around me."

-Chuck Norris

Dragonite w/ Multiscale gets up DD's really easily with roost and looks awesome

Although it pains me to admit it because I'm a big Salamence fan, I think that statistically speaking, Garchomp is a bit better.
    "Be yourself and no regrets... that's our motto!"
    -------------------------->[+-][+-]
    ---------------------------->[+-]
    -------------------------->[+-]
    ----------------------->[+-][+-]apto369

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

In Soviet Russia, Pokemon claim you!

Current play through-
    Heartgold FC: 4686 1335 9888. Feel free to add me and message me to add you too!

Hydregion! Geez~

Pokemon X Round 2

gotta be garchomp

Founder Of TOTW
    War record 9/0/0
    Smogon rank 1345 (peak)
    8/8 OSL Basges
    Unbeaten on wifi
    But does it really matter.......

Well, this is in the older gens forum, so I am going to go with Dragonite.
    Undsiputedly the best Dragon type of 1st Gen.

But yeah, my answer would still be the Dragonite, because it is cool. I mean, it even has Nite in the name. That is like, the incorrect spelling of two words, and you can't tell which one it is. Vague and mysterious. And then it KOs you, or cures your team of status, or prepares to KO you by dancing around you, because Dragonite is so awesome it is allowed to dance, and the opponents can't do anything about it.

Oh, I am clearly not biased in any way with this though, especially since Dragonair is one of my all-time favourite poke'mon.

Garchomp is the best in my opinion but DNite is pretty beast with multiscale but honestly garchomp is just better when used right Example: in a Sandstorm its ability Sand Veil activates

actually kingdra is the fastest now with drizzle + swift swim. and since its only weakness is dragon, it outspeeds pretty much anything its weak too. and this is why we cant have fun in OU with drizzle and swift swim (major buzzkill for things like ludicolo and kabutops).

garchomp was created too strong IMO. if they at least brought down his speed that would be nice (since 102 is better that sally or flygon, whose niche as a ground-dragon was stolen by chomp). I still like flygon beter though. whlie it doesnt have pseudolegendary stats, it does have many things garchomp doesnt, like levitate, u-turn, fly (better for in-game of course)

I have claimed Giratina

Well, since Flygon generally uses a Scarf (or at least, did, I'm not that active in the 5th Gen discussion), it would be able to outspeed the others.

Thinking over my choice, while I still like Dragonite, Kingdra might actually be the better choice. In rain dance teams, (or with the new Drizzle Politoed, although apparently swift swim was banned with it in some environments?) Kingdra is probably the best, as it gets the Speed boost, and then can strike with either Dragon Pulse or Ice Beam (or Surf even), and dish out damage.

Then again, team support for Garchomp (for example, Tyranitar), could make it harder for Kingdra to work, and then Garchomp could KO it. (although it couldn't switch in safely, could it?).

Ever Dragon has their Niche. And who's better completely depends on the support from the team. None of them will work great if you don't provide them the right support.

Revenge Killing Goes to Garchomp
    Sweeping goes to Salamence
    Breaking Walls goes to Dragonite
    Scouting goes to Flygon
    Special Sweeping goes to Kingdra in the Rain.

If played right any one of them can tear an unprepared team to shreds.

Spoiler:- Threads You Should Check Out!:

I will have to say Dragonite. He is the first classc dragon, Learns good move(Like all the others), and is very bulky yet has good attack power

Quote Originally Posted by Tbird View Post
    Ever(y) Dragon has their Niche. And who's better completely depends on the support from the team. None of them will work great if you don't provide them the right support.

Revenge Killing Goes to Garchomp
    Sweeping goes to Salamence
    Breaking Walls goes to Dragonite
    Scouting goes to Flygon
    Special Sweeping goes to Kingdra in the Rain.

Complete agreance (if that is a real word) with this.

Dragonite or Salamence, because they have high attack.
    Dragonite has high defenses, while Salamence has high speed.
    nam nam nam nam

I got no ideas for a sig

I love all of them. Kingdra looks cool, and it's a seahorse. That adds up to awesome. Chomp and Mence... no explination required. Dragonite & Flygon have popularity problems when compared to Salamence & Garchomp.

Garchomp is the best
    How many hammerhead sharks do you see on the land..??

Well i think it is salamence it has very good speed and you can boost one of the attack stat. It can learn also powerful moves.

The speed alows you to avoid being destroyed by ice beam. [my tactic on dragonite since it is slow is to use ice beam it is *4. You can also do it with thunder waves then confuse rays]

Its obvious that garchomp is the choice here. Its been ban in 4th gen and now 5th it has no counter's and can garuntee at least one kill. It isnt my favorite dragon pokemon out of the choices though.

HG fc:0132 0664 3881 @ savior
    BLACK fc:3095 8852 9856@ paul

PaRtY BoYz!!

Salamence. He is one of my favs and he is in a very high tier in Smogon. Garchomp is decent as well

Mine is Garchomp

flygon or salamence

ss fc: 0948 2714 3348 GMT-7

|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QG-X...eature=related|
    -----------------------------------^whiscash win^-----------------------------------
    I have officially claimed Kingdra!

They each do different things. Flygon scouts and stuff, Garchomp sweeps with its speed and raw power, and Dragonite sweeps with its bulk and raw power.

^ Click this for good times ^

Dragonite with Choice Band Outrage
    Kingdra with Swift Swim and Surf.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

hmm i would pick flygon

FC:1891-1694-6992

Quote Originally Posted by Tbird View Post
    Ever Dragon has their Niche. And who's better completely depends on the support from the team. None of them will work great if you don't provide them the right support.I don't support mence.All I do is use DD and it does great.Same with all my dragons.

Revenge Killing Goes to GarchompLatios/Scarfed Haxorus(Older gen haxorus isn't in but you get the point)
    Sweeping/Breaking Walls goes to Salamence(Salamence is the OG of Breaking Walls)
    Breaking Walls goes to Dragonite^As I said before this goes to Mence
    Scouting goes to Flygon
    Special Sweeping goes to Kingdra in the Rain.Hydreigon(same gen thing) and the Lati twins.
    Supporting goes to Altaria.(Why do you keep forgetting the one Dragon that rapes excadrill on sandstorm?.-.)

If I see just one more person saying garchomp is the best because its Uber I will kill someone.Garchomp isn't Uber because it's the best.It's uber because it got a haxy ability(funny thing smogon still wont ban rachi or toge but chomp gets a few misses and becomes uber).Its stopped by pokemons that a simple attack from another Dragon would kill.Example skar vs chomp=skar wins,skar vs mence=fire blast mence wins.
    so yeah-_-
    Last edited by Gray™; 29th September 2011 at 11:44 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast