Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Here Comes The Trubbish Squad! (671)

I personally enjoyed this episode greatly. True, it felt slightly filler-ish, but I think it had more purpose than simply to take up space.

Although it might not be readily apparent if you simply take everything at face value, a lot of the episode's focus seems to be on Ash. It helped to establish Ash's character to a newer audience, while also showing how much Ash has grown throughout the series to the older ones.

Starting from the top, in the beginning of the episode, when Ash loses his hat as the kids stampede by with Yabukuron. Aside from the initial annoyance, he doesn't seem all that bothered. Contrast to when he first lost his Ash to Mankey early on in the Kanto season, where he spent an entire episode essentially raging around trying to get it back, and later on during the Hoenn season, where, though handled much more maturely than before, he still expresses irritation when Aipon also steals it. Here, rather than dwell on his lost hat (outside of retorting to Iris), he's more concerned about the apparent problems that the kindergarten teacher and the children are having, showing a heightened sense of priority compared to prior seasons. Furthermore, although one of the children, Hirota, is clearly wearing his hat, he doesn't make a fuss about it, and, in fact, doesn't even bother mentioning it at all. Hirota, who eventually grows to trust Ash, returns the hat of his own free will, which Ash accepts with grace. In other words, we're already shown just how much Ash has grown since Hoenn.

When he learns of the overall situation, as well as the "base" that the children have put up, Ash is able to empathize with the children, something that none of the other characters were able to do. He attempts to infiltrate their base, and although captured, quickly gains their trust. Although he initially tries to get the children to make up with the teacher Yuri, once he sees just how much they love Yabukuron, he becomes much more sympathetic to their cause, and even battles on their behalf against their teacher. Although this might seem needless and even outright uncalled for to some, to Ash, who dearly loves Pokemon with all his heart, this course of action is the only one he could take. He sees that the teacher is unable to come to terms with the children, and since the children aren't able to do so, he fights in their place. Thus, we are shown another very important aspect of Ash's character: that he will always charismatically stand up for what he believes in. It's simple and perhaps obvious, but it's still a key part of who he is.

Finally, at the very end of the episode, Ash is shown enthusiastically cleaning up the kindergarten grounds, despite having no obligation to do so. This shows his sense of responsibility and basic desire to help people, a trait that some viewers often take for granted. Certainly, he had no reason to get involved with this whole experience, and to some, the episode may have been little more than a detour to Ash's training journey, but it simply wouldn't be in his character to ignore it when someone is in trouble. Ash simply wouldn't be Ash unless he stopped to help every single person in need he came across. True, it kinda impedes on his progress, but I think it's more important to grow as a person before you grow as a trainer. Ash accepts everything as an important lesson to learn from, and this incident is no different. And besides, such kindness and empathy are precisely the reason many of Ash's Pokemon even took a liking to him to begin with so you can't say such traits are entirely unhelpful to his training.

Well, Ash is still pretty childish. He's in a near-constant state of enthusiasm over every little new thing he sees, he has a tendency to act before he thinks and he's, well, a ten-year-old boy. But he's still growing, maturing, evolving in his own way, and the empathy and kindness he displays regularly are all proof of that. Sure, he's not the greatest trainer in the world, but as a human being, I think he's seriously come a long way, and this episode does a splendid job of showing that. And like I said before, personally, I think that's equally, if not more important, than his growth as a trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Meguroku attacking makes more sense now as well.
    It made sense to me from the start. Clearly Meguroco has a grudge against Pikachu and/or Ash, or Meguroco is just itching for a good battle against Pikachu. As of now we don't know what it's deal is, but I'd say it has some sort of grudge.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

The old lady knew yabakkuron would stop smelling if he fround a friend yet she let the others come full circle on their own saying its important to figure things out for yourself and thats important in pokemon yada yada, then she gave the eccentric old person laugh.

Why would megoroku have a grudge? That makes no senses. I think he came to the daycare for something( his mate?) and he ended up in the trash pile. Since meguroku invaded the children attacked. When meguroku saw pikachu I got the " Hoo this is going too be fun ,lets battle" kind of smile from meguroku.

Why would megoroku have a grudge? That makes no senses. I think he came to the daycare for something( his mate?) and he ended up in the trash pile. Since meguroku invaded the children attacked. When meguroku saw pikachu I got the " Hoo this is going too be fun ,lets battle" kind of smile from meguroku.
    None of it made sense, which is why the writers could later on add onto this. Revealing what Meguroco deal is and such. It looked mad at Pikachu, and Pikachu looked confused what Meguroco was looking mad, at less that's how it went in my eyes.

We'll most likely get another thing like this some other time and things get explained. It may even show up a lot and become something like the new Team Rocket, the fact it blasted off like them could be foreshadowing this.

I didn't look mad to me, it just looked taken aback in suprise that pikachu was there

I didn't look mad to me, it just looked taken aback in suprise that pikachu was there
    It's a matter of different vision. I see something, you see something else. We wont know until more is revealed. Nothing much to go on from the episode though, nothing was said about it at all.

To me Meguroko looked evil when it stared at Ash, Ash probably had a chill through his spine. I don't think it wants to be friends with him at all, but that's just me, he was there for a reason, i wonder if it will be explained later.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

This was a fun episode. I thought for sure Ash was going to be catching and adding Meguroco wasn't expecting him to receive an egg. Speaking of Meguroco I just hope the writers have learned from Jigglypuff & Snubull & don't overuse the little fella. Ash really is just a kid at heart he really seems to connect with young kids when they're featured.
    Last edited by Battra; 18th December 2010 at 5:30 AM.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

The egg probably has kurumiru in it

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Like I said, I can't see the writers or Ash just giving an egg to someone when it was used as a token of thanks.
    l.
    Isn't the whole reason that Misty got Togepi was because it saw her first and became emotionally attached to her? Not because the egg wasn't a thank you gift so it was ok for Ash to give away. In which case he didn't have much choice in the matter. The same could happen with this egg...

I think it's probably Zuruggu, I can't see it being Meguroco somehow. Also I would have thought a Kurumiru egg would have some green on it somewhere....I guess eggs aren't always aesthetically accurate.
    Last edited by Sponge; 29th December 2010 at 11:03 PM.

I kinda want that egg to be a Meguroco (Sandile) egg. :/ Although I can see him having a Zugguru.

Not that great of an episode in my eyes. Only thing good in this episode is Ash got a Pokemon egg.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Yabukuron for the 1st time. It was cool to see Shikijika and Meguroco again, especially in battle. I'm glad Ash got a Pokemon egg during the episode. It was cool how Pikachu almost shocked the kids, but then decided not to and instead shocked Ash. It was great to see that the Teacher decided to let the kids keep Yabukuron at the end.

40/100

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    This episode was ok... It was cool to see Yabukuron for the 1st time. It was cool to see Shikijika and Meguroco again, especially in battle. I'm glad Ash got a Pokemon egg during the episode. It was cool how Pikachu almost shocked the kids, but then decided not to and instead shocked Ash. It was great to see that the Teacher decided to let the kids keep Yabukuron at the end.

40/100
    Question. Why do you always do this?

You post about an episode you just saw in japanese, a few hours right before the dub version airs?

Random : PokéRadar

Yay, Ash gets an Egg.

I'm surprised the Sunglasses Sandile didn't get a dub name (He just calls it a Sandile with Sunglasses here...)

I thought the episode was OK. It was nice to see the Day Care & Kindergarteners from Route 3 in the games here. Trubbish was a cool Pokémon to see and I thought it was cool to see Sunglasses Sandile for a little bit. I wonder what Pokémon will be in Ash's Egg!!
    7/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I always found this episode cute :3
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

It was a good episode. Ash helps out kids and a Trubbish from taken. Ash gets an egg at the end episode. That's all I have to say.

Not a too bad of an episode. Ash really showed some child traits, too, especially once he joined the Trubbish Squad. I know he's technically a kid, but still.

Trubbish was interesting, but today was when I actually figured out that it's smell wears off if it's raised friendly. What a relief! Thank you grandma for telling us that late.

And now, to find out what Pokemon is in the Egg that Ash got from the breeder.

I also thought seeing Sandile again was cool, but he got a short appearance. Plus, he got treated like Team Rocket so easily. *cough BLASTING OFF AGAINT*Cough*

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I never really liked this episode.

The teacher ticked me off, the grandmother looked like a male, the kids were annoying, and Trubbish is hideous.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post

The teacher ticked me off, the grandmother looked like a male, the kids were annoying, and Trubbish is hideous.
    ^.^

i liked it lol your comments are quite harsh ahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post

I agree with the first two, but I don't mind the kids and Trubbish isn't that ugly, now it's evolution? *Shudders*

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

eh, the episode was obviously filler
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

I'm thinking of just skipping this episode

I didn't really get the purpose of putting Sandile in the episode.

3DS: 5413 1009 1553

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast