Thread: The Special League - Pokemon/Mario Combat Focused PvP RPG [Rated G]

Default The Special League - Pokemon/Mario Combat Focused PvP RPG [Rated G]

Latias Arena. This 400,000 capacity stadium, located on a beautiful island resort town just outside of Sinnoh, this is the home of the Special League, where Pokemon Trainers of all backgrounds and even "talking" Pokemon, forming independent teams, gather from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and other exotic locations, To compete in the prestigious Special League. Recently though, there have been a fair number of contestants hailing from a far off place called the Mushroom Kingdom, and the likes of Goombas, Paratroopas, Yoshies, Hammer Bros., Dry Bones, and even the occasional Chain Chomp all vie for the spot of League Champion, even having the guts to fight Pokemon without assistance. The sheer weirdness that goes on the town outside the stadium due to them almost makes Inter-Region TV on a regular basis, such as a Group of Koopas calling themselves the "Koopa Bros." crashing Sinnoh Now to say "Hi mom!" . They have also brought with them new styles of battling, not limited to the old 4 attacks per fighter rule, and even to them Badges mean something entirely different, being fighting buffs instead of systems of progress in the Pokemon League. They even bring with them special Equipment that bestows effects so bizarre yet useful Devon Corp. and Silph Co. are paying top dollar to replicate it's effects. It's gotten to the point where the Special League has redrawn the rules to account for the new arrivals. The Special League has earned a "special" place in the Pokemon League due to this, and surely a trainer who reaches the #1 spot is considered one of the elite of Pokemon Trainers, as the position is considered in the Pokemon League to be as prestigious as a Regional Champion. as Jane Harrison, the 2008 Special League Champion, demonstrated when she defeated Lance, the then Kanto regional champion. In these circumstances, it is anyone's game, and even the lowliest of Goombas and Rattatas have a chance to win fame, fortune, and prestige.
    Notice to Special League Trainers: The Special League is not responsible for: Exponential growth and shrinking, Ghost Pokemon being turned into paintings, being given fury, your Pokemon getting a bee suit or constricted by spring that allow them to jump at great heights, being poisoned by Mustard of Doom, having a comeback comeback upon, being force fed Belly Belch worms, being shoved through a hole in time and meeting up with yourself as a baby, and Bean Fever.

What is this RP exactly?

Glad you asked. This is a Pokemon/Mario PvP focused RPG, where you create a team and fighter other user's teams. While there isn't a plot per se, you do have an objective: reach the position of Special League Champion by fighting
    higher ranked teams until you can challenge the champ. Along the way, you can, with your prize money, buy items, badges, and equipment that bestow a variety of effects on your team members. When your not fighting, feel free to interact with other user's teams. Hijinks by the participants aren't rare, Though Officer Jenny and State Troopas do their best to keep it to a minimum.

Sounds interesting. How do I sign up?

Well, you have to create a team. It might look hard, but you'll get the hang
    of it.
    To start off with, you start with 2 fighters for your team. Here is the sheet
    for creation:

Name-Self-Explanatory

Species- What species the fighter is, such as a Shinx or a Goomba. Must be
    Pokemon/Mario-related("Cross-Series" teams not allowed).

Bio- A short description of the character's personality.

Appearance- A description of the fighter's appearance.

Type- The elemental type of your character. Pokemon types are used, and Double types, like Gastly's, are allowed.

HP-How much damage your character can take before being KO'd.

Defense-The amount of damage taken off Physical attacks.

Special Defense- Damage taken of of Special Attacks, such as a Magikoopa's
    magic blast.

Speed-Sees if you attack first. Not REAL important.

Ability-A special ability. Can be immunities to certain status effects, or a
    boost when a condition happens, as long as it's not OP.

Your fighters start out with 3 attacks each(Attacks will explained later)

The following stats are "team stats" and shared to all team members:

PP- Power Points. They work differently than in the Pokemon games. Instead of each attack having it's own PP value, you have a universal PP value, which
    certain attacks use. If you run out of PP for a move, you can't use it anymore
    until you restore it.

BP- Badge Points. Badges work differently than in the Pokemon games too.
    Instead, you equip them, to a certain fighter, and they bestow a variety of
    effects on the equipped. How many badges you can equip is limited by BP. BP
    usage is on the badge when you obtain it.

You don't start with any of these, but put them down anyway, just for
    reference:

Items-Items such as Potions and 1-up Mushrooms. If a fighter uses one, it
    takes up his/her turn.

Badges-Badges can bestow a veriety of effect on a fighter. If equipped, put in
    Blue. Please mention BP cost.

Equipment- A piece of equipment your character can equip. Only one piece may
    be equipped at a time, though.

Star Points-The RPG's form of EXP. Use these to upgrade your character or
    "buy" Teammates.

Team members equip their own Badges and Equipment

Here's an example Character that will help you understand a few things:

Name- Punch T.
    Species- Toad
    Bio- Generic Example character
    Appearance-A generic looking red Toad.

Type- Normal

HP- 25
    PP- 7
    BP- 9

Defense- 0
    Special Defense- 0
    Speed- 7

Ability- +2 Special Defense increase when defending.

Attack 1- (Normal, One Foe) Punch- 4 damage (Physical, Direct)

Attack 2- (Flying, One Foe) Star Spin- 1-1-1 (Special, Direct) (2 PP)
    Makes the foe Dizzy for 2 Turns

Attack 3- (Fire, One Foe) Fireball- 4 Damage (Physical, Indirect)

To people playing as a Pokemon team:

You may ether play as a "talking" Pokemon team, or a Trainer and his/her
    Pokemon. In case of the latter, a short paragraph about the trainer, appearance and such, is recommended.

You said you would explain Attacks?

You got me. Alright, let's dissect a typical attack to help you understand:

(Normal, One Foe) Tackle- 4 damage (Physical, Direct) (1 PP)

The first part, Normal, indicates what elemental type the attack is, in this
    case Normal. One Foe means the the attack hits a single target. then we have the name of the attack itself, Tackle. After that, we have how much damage the attack does, giving ideal conditions. Physical means the attack is affected by Defense, not Special Defense. Direct is something unusual from the Pokemon games. There are 3 types of "attack methods", Direct, Indirect, and Jump. The differences between the 3 are superfluous, but most of the time, certain attack methods are affected. So it isn't superfluous at all. Last but not least, PP usage is in it's own set, to the far right. Summon attacks, such as a Lakitu throwing Spiney Eggs so they hatch into Spinies, are allowed. Now does Defense and Special defense work into this, you ask? Well, lets say a fire type Physical move with 6 Damage hits an Ice type fighter with 2 Defense. First off, you would subtract Defense from the damage, then apply any type advantages. So, 6 - 2 * 2 = 8. Not a big difference at first glance, but in a system with low HP values, it's a lifesaver.

So can I upgrade my characters?

Curious, arn't you? Well, yes, you can. For every battle you fight in , you
    gain Star Points. Winner gets 2 Star Points, loser gets 1 SP. You can use them to upgrade your character, or buy another addition to the team. Here's how it
    works:

HP- 5 Star Points for a 4 HP increase

PP- 5 Star Points for a 3 PP increase

BP- 5 for a 2 BP increase

Defense/Resistance- 5 SP For a Defense/Special Defense point

Speed: 4 SP for a 1 point boost.

New Attack: SP price varies, OK'd by me.

Attack Power Boost: 6 points, for an all around attack buff OK'd by me.

To "buy" another member of the team, PM me his stats, and I'll decide how many SP he/she/it will cost.

For your two starting fighters, you get 30 Star Points to spend per fighter to decide initial stats.

You may spend SP at any time.

So how do I start a battle?

Simple. In a "separate series" locker room, there is a touch screen terminal
    that will display the current rankings. You may choose from any rankings who
    to fight, except fighters who you last fought with. Take note that the challenged has the option to accept or decline, with no penalty for a decline.

Alright, so how do I battle?

First off: 1 team has only 3 fighters "active at a time" and can have a max of 4 in reserve.

The battle order is determined by the one with the highest speed, they go first, then the next fastest fighter moves, regardless of team. The one with the highest speed posts stats and RPs an attack, like this:

Fighter 1 body slams Fighter 2 into the wall!

Fighter 1: hp/hp
    Fighter 2: hp/hp

and vice versa. When you have a status effect, it should like this:

Fighter 1: hp/hp (Name of status effects, # of turns the effect will last)

You don't have to attack every turn. Aside from attacking, you can also:

Defend(increase Defense and Resistance by 1 until next turn)
    Focus(Restore 2 FP)
    Throw the towel(surrender at the cost of not getting Coins for the match)

What about status effects?

Status effects are mostly unchanged from the Pokemon games, though there's a few new ones too:

Poisoned: HP is reduced by 2 each turn until cured or worn off.

Burned: This condition reduces the foe's HP by 2 every turn while also lowering attack by 1 until cured or worn off.

Sleeping: This condition makes the fighter unable to do anything for 1 turn or more depending on the Attack/item. This status is removed if the card is hit by any damaging attacks, but not from poison or other damage over time effects.

Dizzy: This condition causes all of the fighter's moves to miss during the duration of this status. However, moves that affect the user will still work.

Paralyzed: This condition makes the character unable to do anything for 1 turn or more depending on the attack/item.

Frozen: This condition makes the character unable to do anything for 1 turn or more depending on the attack/item. If hit by a Fire type move, do half damage and then remove this condition.

Electrified: Counters 1 damage to Direct and Jump attacks.

Invisible/Hidden: Attacks miss the user for _ turns.

HP-Up: Restores 3 HP every turn until it wears off.

Fury: Can only use Damaging moves

Fear: Takes 4 extra damage from Ghost type attacks.

Do I get something for winning?

Yes, you do. You get coins for winning and losing. It’s not just winning and losing, if you fought hard, or made a comeback, you’ll do good. However, wins by items will dampen your coinage, so only do it if you wanna win.

---

When you're not in a battle, feel free to shop for badges, equipment, watch

other fights and cheer or boo other teams, and generally role play.

---

Current Sign Ups:
    FiretheAbsolLord: Spirit and Spark(Eevee and Absol)
    FourCartridge: Graff and Brang(Hammer Bro. and Boomerang Bro.)
    Klingkan: Beetle and Luke(Scizor and Lucario)

New spots always open

If you have any questions fell free to PM me.
    Last edited by FourCartridge; 17th December 2010 at 9:50 PM.

Name-Spirit
    Species-Eevee (pokemon)
    Bio- Caring, kind, a bit of a phychopath. Born and raised in the sinnoh region. Not finding a fun battle, decided to have some fun with the Special League.
    Appearance- A almost regular eevee. Entire beard thing is covered up by a dark gray scarf with small lighter gray lines. Inside of ears and tail are dark green
    Type- Normal
    HP-14
    BP-3
    PP-7
    Defense-3
    Special Defense- 3
    Speed-10
    Ability-Adaptability:
    Adaptability increases STAB from 1.5× to 2×.

Name-Spark
    Species-Absol
    Bio-Careless, wise, sometimes seeming emotionless. Was born and raised in Kanto, but despite his high stats, he has forfeited his matches always. When Spirit had challanged him, calling him weak, he beat Spirit with no mercy. They formed a team but Spirit still having his doubts, Spark is determened to win.
    Appearance- All blue is orange, wears a purple scarf
    Type-dark
    HP-18
    BP-2
    PP-7
    Defense-7
    Special Defense-4
    Speed-11
    Ability-Super luck:
    Super Luck enables the user to critical hit twice as often as normal.

Spirit's attacks: Trump Card, Yawn, and Rock Smash
    Trump Card: 3 PP, Power varies on amout of PP (starts at 2, doubles each time used), direct (?) Yawn: 4 PP, no power (makes opponent sleep), indirect Rock Smash: 5 PP, 3 power, direct (?). Trump card in normal typed and only one opponent, same for yawn, Rocksmash in fighting typed and only one opponent. Trump card is special, Yawn is status, and Rock smash is physical.
    Spark's attacks: Crunch, Tail whip, Strength
    Crunch: 5 PP, 7 power, direct (?) Tail whip: 2 PP, no damage (it lowers defence of targeted opponent), indirect, Strength: 3 PP, 5 power, direct (?). Crunch is dark typed and single opponent, Tail whip is normal typed and single opponent, same for Strength. Crunch and Strength are physical, Tail whip is status.

Okay, I think I fixed it. I apologize if there are still a few bugs with it.
    Last edited by FireTheAbsolLord; 17th December 2010 at 12:05 AM.

Your Characters:
    Well, First off, you left BP, PP values for the team as a whole. Next, you appear to have added a zero to every stat, and then, you forgot the team members 3 attacks. It's a bit Confusing, I know. Questions are good.

On when we start:
    Well, there's new spots always open. As soon as someone else joins, you two can duke it out right away.

I could create a team to help you show the ropes.
    Last edited by FourCartridge; 14th December 2010 at 9:54 PM.

I'm creating a team to help show how you sign up:

Name- Graff
    Species- Hammer Bro.
    Bio- A recent immigrant to Sinnoh, Veilstone City to be exact, Graff has had a small taste of the Pokemon League. He joined the Special League to see how tough Pokemon really are.
    Appearance-Somewhat generic looking Hammer Bro. His Shell and Helmet are black.

Type- Normal

HP- 12
    PP- 8
    BP- 0

Defense- 0
    Special Defense- 0
    Speed- 1

Ability- Quick Striker: Gets an extra hit on multi hit attacks.

Attacks:

(Normal, One Foe) Hammer Toss 2-2 Damage (Physical, Indirect)

(Normal, One Foe) Dizzy Hammer 2 Damage (Physical, Indirect) (3 PP)
    Inflicts Dizzy on the target for 2 Turns

(Normal, One Foe) Knockback Bros. - 7 Damage (Physical, Indirect) (3 PP)
    Can only be used when Brang is not fainted and is active.

-

Name- Brang
    Species- Boomerang Bro.
    Bio- Brang is a steely, determined person. He has joined Graff, in hopes of fame and adoration from the masses.
    Appearance-Green Skin, Black Helmet and Shell

Type- Normal/Fighting

HP- 12

Defense- 1
    Special Defense- 1
    Speed- 1

Ability- Brang can get an additional PP boost when he focuses.

Attacks:

(Fighting, All Foes) Boomerang Throw 2-2 Damage (Physical, Indirect) (2 PP)

(Fighting, One Foe) Boomerang Whack 3 Damage (Physical, Direct)

(Normal, One Foe) Splash Bros. - 7 Damage (Physical, Jump) (3 PP)
    Can only be used when Graff is not fainted and is active.
    Last edited by FourCartridge; 14th December 2010 at 5:27 PM. Reason: Created a team.

I'll be going into this with my all! Let's a go!

Name- Beetle

Species- Scizor

Bio- He had been down on his luck since birth. Right before he hatched,
    his entire family was attacted and killed by a shiny Raticate.
    He then trained every day, and soon after evolving, found Luke.
    Being a small pain to Luke in the start, he gained respect for
    Luke after he saved him from a Beedrill.

Appearance- Blue, cyan-ish eyes.

Type- Bug, Steel

HP- 12

Defense-1

Special Defense- 1

Speed- 1

PP-3

Ability- Can't be infected with burn.

(Fighting, 1 foe) Overkick-2 damage (Physical, Jump)

(Bug, all foes) Swarm call (Special, Indirect) (1 PP)
    Lowers all enemy stats by 1.

(Flying, 1 foe) Kamikaze flight-5 damage (Physical, Jump) (2 PP)
    Beetle deals himself 1 damage.

Name-Luke

Species- Lucario

Bio- "Live to train" is his motto. His passion for training is
    burning hot, but due to Beetle's more timid nature, Luke felt
    sometimes even more lonely than Beetle. But when he almost was
    killed to defend Beetle, they started working as a combo and
    headed to the Special League.

Appearance- Lucario blue, with gold-ish outlines.

Type- Fighting, Psychic.

HP- 8

Defense-1

Special Defense-1

Speed-1

PP- 6

Ability- Revenge (Instead of being KOed, Luke is left with 1 HP.)

(Psychic, Self) Aura heal (Special, Indirect) (5 PP)
    Heals Luke for 7 HP

(Fire, 1 foe) Napalm blast-5 damage (Physical, Direct) (1 PP)
    50% chance to Burn.

(Fighting, 1 foe) Pummel throw- 7 damage (Physical, Direct) (4 PP)
    Last edited by Klingkan; 17th December 2010 at 1:20 PM.

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/okzb68.jpg[/IMG]
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig .

<--- Mah fave... Got none.

On Bettle:
    Overkick won't need a PP value, while Kamikaze Flight and Swarm Call can be reduced to 1 and 2, respectivly.

Luke:
    Aura Heal could use a buff to 7 HP healed, Napalm Blast is fine using 1 PP, and Pummel Throw is fine with using 4 PP)

Other than those things I pointed, out, everything else looks fine.

@ FiretheAbsolLord: Could you enable PMs, please? It's gonna be way easier for me to get a hold of you if you do. Also, Before you made that last edit, I took the liberty of making your stats more in-line with the rules in the main topic. Is there anything you want changed? And yes, It's different(think Paper Mario. Some attacks need it, some don't)
    Last edited by FourCartridge; 16th December 2010 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FourCartridge View Post
    On Bettle:
    @ FiretheAbsolLord: Could you enable PMs, please? It's gonna be way easier for me to get a hold of you if you do. Also, Before you made that last edit, I took the liberty of making your stats more in-line with the rules in the main topic. Is there anything you want changed? And yes, It's different(think Paper Mario. Some attacks need it, some don't)
    Well....I would able PMs but for some reason I can't. When I unclick unable Pms the massage box at the my username dissapears, and it doesn't say pming is an option. I honestly don't understand whats going on with that, but when I press unable the private messages notification appears. Maybe email could work or something? I don't know whats going on with my pms.

I guess email can work.

Also, Klingkan, Those edited stats are OK! Beetle and Luke are now officially part of the Special League! You can RP them joining up now, and you and FiretheAbsolLord have 50 Coins to start with to shop.

Name: Jack
    Species: Human, trainer
    bio-Dedicated, Jolly
    appernce- light blond scruffy hair,light shining blue eyes, red and black cap, bllack and red top top with a picture of a white and black pok&#233;ball on it, black white and red stripy shorts, thin red a black jacket.

Sorry for blandness and laziness.

That's OK, but I need to know what Pokemon he fights with and their stats. You have 30 SP per fighter to choose stats however way you want them. Here's how you choose:

HP- 5 Star Points for a 4 HP increase

PP- 5 Star Points for a 3 PP increase

BP- 5 SP for a 2 BP increase

Defense/Special Defense- 5 SP For a Defense/Special Defense point

Speed: 4 SP for a 1 point boost.

And here's how it's filled out:

Name-Self-Explanatory

Species- What species the fighter is, such as a Shinx or a Goomba. Must be
    Pokemon/Mario-related("Cross-Series" teams not allowed).

Bio- A short description of the character's personality.

Appearance- A description of the fighter's appearance.

Type- The elemental type of your character. Pokemon types are used, and Double types, like Gastly's, are allowed.

HP-How much damage your character can take before being KO'd.

Defense-The amount of damage taken off Physical attacks.

Special Defense- Damage taken of of Special Attacks, such as a Magikoopa's
    magic blast.

Speed-Sees if you attack first. Not REAL important.

Ability-A special ability. Can be immunities to certain status effects, or a
    boost when a condition happens, as long as it's not OP.

Your fighters start out with 3 attacks each

Right. I'm Not sticking with my char. Its like so plain. and boring so heres my new chars. Here goes nothing!!!

Name: Donkey Jr.

Species: Donkey Jr.

Bio: Hates being like his Dad. Dedecated. Lived in Hoenn for 4 days. A Infernape Showed him everything about Pokémon and got his old friend, Shyle to compete against Pokémon

Description: Looks like a Donkey Jr.

Type: Normal

BP:2
    PP:8
    HP: 18
    Def: 7
    Sp Def: 4
    Speed: 2

Immortal: Cannont die <- Joking

Monkey Buisness: If It HP is below 4 it gets angry and raises it Speed and Special and Physical Defence Level up 2

Attack 1:

(Normal, One Foe) Monkey Hugs - 3 Damage (Physical, Direct) 2 PP

(Psychic, Two Foes) Floating Bannas - 4 Damage (Special, Indirect) 3 PP

(Fighting, All FOE'S) Camacazie Monkies - 5 Dammage (Special, Jump)2 PP.
    Makes Foe's Dizzy for 2 Turns at least.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Name: Shyle

Speicies: Shy Guy

Type: Steel

Bio: Nervous. Best Friends With Donkey Jr. Got kicked out of his home and was laughed at by Donkey Kong becuase he was so Shy and weak. Met Donkey Jr, Jr applogisesed for his fathers actions and they both becomae friends, went to Hoenn with Donkey Jr then competed in the leauge

HP: 17
    PP: 7
    BP: 2
    Sp Def: 5
    Def: 5
    Speed: 2

Super Courage: When one of the foes HP is below 6 Shy Guy Boosts his courage along with his Sp Defence, Defence And speed levels up 3.

(Steel, Two Foes) Mask disk 7 Damage ( Special, Indirect ) 3 PP
    Shy guy throws his mask at a blinding speed. it is sure to go first

(Psychic, Two Foes) Inner Happiness - 4 Damage (Special, Direct) 2 PP

(Dark, One Foe) Pure Evil - 4 Damage (Physical, Jump) 2 PP
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by LostMetagross; 23rd December 2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling

I'm not trying to be rude or anything...but you know how pokemon are suppost to be their regular type? I'm not trying to say anything against Klingkan, but Lucario is fighting steel type, not phychic. I just thought I should point it out, unless its okay....one more thing, if we lose a battle are we out of The Special League? Are we still in and fight the other losers or what? It does say in the first post the loser gets 1 star point, and I'm asking here for the sake of anyone else who doesn't understand and wants to join.

Just 2 things wrong:

1. Those stats are insanely high for 30 SP.

2. Monkey Hugs and Pure Evil don't need a PP cost.

@Fire: You aren't kicked out of the league if you lose, you just get less Coins and 1 SP point.
    Last edited by FourCartridge; 23rd December 2010 at 6:35 PM.

"Wait up!" Screams Donkey Jr, getting lost in the crowds
    "Ahh! Sorry!" Shyle shouts acrost the heaps of trainers and what not
    As donkey Jr starts to jump across peoples heads and a usual "Ow!!!" from every person he did this to Shyle started to laugh a little more each time.
    That was until a Hammer bro smacked donkey Jr across the whole part of the staduim they were in convnietly next to shyle, and to the start of where this short story begins.
    "Wheres our name, Shyle?" Donkey Jr asked as he looked on the player board
    "Mmm..Hmmm...Muu.." Shyle replied, this is what he usualy did if he was
    1) Very, Very Nervous
    2) Lying
    3) Going to TRY and lie
    "What did you do!!??!?!!?!!" Demanded Donkey Jr
    "Well.. I was ganna sign us up but i was a bit.." Shyle sighed and before he coluld continue
    "Shy? Well I thought so!" Then Donkey sighed, shaked his head and walked off with his friend

Sooo.....where is everyone? It's been quite a bit and I've been waiting for the next part of the battle....so, yeah, where is everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by FourCartridge View Post
    being poisoned by Mustard of Doom
    I am in. That's all I need to know. End of story.

Seeing as I've had weaknesses (in a good way) for both Super Paper Mario and Pokémon for a while, I figured I'd join this adventure. Don't know how well I'll actually do but I'll give it a shot. I don't know if you're allowed to have a team name, but I came up with a decently cool one. If my bios are too long, don't read.

Team Name
    Hot JaVa (from the first two letters of their names, Javier + Valenti)

Alignment
    Mario series

Fighter #1
    Name: Javier (pronounced: Hah-vee-ay)

Species: Red Magiblot

Bio: Raised in the harshest and most inescapable dungeon of Castle Bleck Foyer, Javier is intelligent and sociable but impatient and rebellious. After getting his butt kicked by Mario himself, Javier entered The Overthere, but got tired of all the boring clouds and angels and descended into Kanto. Here, he lived on Cinnabar Island for several years, keeping a false identity as a "glitched shiny Muk." Javier has only recently revealed his true form and, having formed an alliance with Valenti, is now pumped for the Special League championship.

Appearance: Like a regular Red Magiblot (picture here, except he has floating detached feet as well as floating detached hands, enabling him to walk easily and deliver martial arts kicks. He also has a gold-coloured athletic headband around the top of his head.

Type: Dark/Fire

HP: 8
    BP: 2
    PP: 3
    Defense: 0
    Sp.Def.: 0
    Speed: 1
    Attack Power Boost

Ability: Pop Up - Randomly pops up behind the foe and occasionally raises speed enough to allow the first strike.

Attack 1: Fire Shoot - Fire, one foe - Special, Direct
    "Shoots a burning red blot at an enemy at high speed."
    4 damage to one foe; 50% chance of burning.

Attack 2: Quad Strike - Fighting, one foe - Physical, Direct
    "Consecutively slams the foe with detached hands and feet."
    Either 2, 4, 6 or 8 damage to one foe, depending on how many hits are achieved.

Attack 3: Melt Away - Dark, user - Special, Jump
    User becomes Invisible for 2 turns.

Fighter #2
    Name: Valenti (pronounced: Vah-len-tee)

Species: Blue Cataquack (from Super Mario Sunshine)

Bio: Valenti grew up on Gelato Beach. He was cool, calm and dreamed of success during his childhood. However, after the mean and powerful Red Cataquacks started moving in, his fellows took to the seas, looking for new homes. Most of his friends only moved worlds or galaxies away, but the adventurous Valenti tried a whole new universe! He landed on Nabiki Beach in Almia and has never been detected since, because any Ranger who has tried to capture him has been thrown 30 feet in the air. Valenti is willing to fight, but defensive and protective of his allies, which led him to come to Kanto and team up with Javier for the Special League.

Appearance: Again, very similar to the regular Blue Cataquack (picture here). However, he is smaller and his build is a bit more resilient and defensive. He has a gold-coloured mouth guard on his beak.

Type: Water/Flying

HP: 8
    BP: 0
    PP: 6
    Defense: 1
    Sp.Def.: 1
    Speed: 1

Ability: Coin Catch - When Valenti is involved in a battle, the winning team receives 25% more coins than it naturally would. Similar to Meowth's Pay Day.

Attack 1: Beak Toss - Flying, one foe - Physical, Direct
    "Retaliates any Direct attack using a ferocious toss."
    After the user is hit with a Direct attack, does 5 damage to the foe.

Attack 2: Toughener - Flying, ally - Physical, Direct
    "Tosses a team member in the air to make it tougher."
    Does 2 damage to an ally, but also raises its Defense and Special Defense by 1.

Attack 3: Dune Bud - Ground, both foes - Physical, Indirect
    "Summons a massive sand mountain that may induce dizziness."
    Does 2 damage to each foe, and may make them dizzy for 1-3 turns.

--------

If anything's wrong with my team, I will change it to fit the rules. I hope this is still going ahead.
    Last edited by W.T.; 16th January 2011 at 8:02 PM.
    HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY,
    POKÉMON COLOSSEUM!

May your quirky characters and edgy plot twists
    live forever inside our minds.

Because according to producers
    and copyright lawyers,
    that's the only place
    where they belong.

Sorry W.T., this RPG is dead. FourCartridge hasn't come around here for a reaaally long time. I'm just waiting to see if he'll show up or a mod'll close this thread.

Shame. This one was a quite good idea