Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 194

Thread: Minccino-Neat & Tidy (672)

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    You can't always believe mentions in this anime.

    It's not that they were mentioned by name or something.

    So, even if they appear, their role will still be nowhere as big as it is in the games.
    I think it's very safe to assume Team Plasma is the one that was being mentioned. The fact they are the only organization that is working behind the shadows in Unova pretty much spells it out. Implication is something used in many many shows of all varieties. This is one of those cases.

    They will appear, all past groups have appeared. They will still seek Reshiram and Zekrom, and want Pokemon to be free. Remember it's only been 13 episodes so far. There is plenty of time left.

    They will appear.

    But this is off topic so back on topic-I really like Belle's character. She's very odd and I like that. I'm hoping we get more knowledge about her character as she appears later.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    Judging from the fact Plasma is completely absent, no.
    This is episode 14 of BW. Galactic did not arrive till ep 36 of DP and if you dare hide behind the fact that this series is suppose to be faster paced then thats a gay thing to say since in Kanto Ash had three badges by now. All faster paced means is not many fillers. This region could take as long as Hoenn. Which is somewhere to be 121 I believe.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Weak? No it didn't. Shows he's passionate over cooking, so much he likes his spoons and that clean.
    Then he should have given that girl a stern talking about messing up his precious silverware instead of acting all submissive. It's not bashing, just because someone is fabulous doesn't mean they need to be light in the loafers. Harley was also fab but he didnt take guff from anyone.

    They are absent from the episode physically but they have been acknowledged to be in Unova like I said. Their plot will most likely be the same, get Reshiram and/or Zekrom. It's just they aren't doing the minor missions they were doing in the games, doesn't effect them much.
    You must have a magic ball or something. Because so far Team Rocket have virtually supplanted Plasma in their scheming role.

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    This is episode 14 of BW. Galactic did not arrive till ep 36 of DP and if you dare hide behind the fact that this series is suppose to be faster paced then thats a gay thing to say since in Kanto Ash had three badges by now. All faster paced means is not many fillers. This region could take as long as Hoenn. Which is somewhere to be 121 I believe.
    Excuse me but i did not just see you using gay in a derogatory way. You are just beyond rude, im reporting you.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    Then he should have given that girl a stern talking about messing up his precious silverware instead of acting all submissive. It's not bashing, just because someone is fabulous doesn't mean they need to be light in the loafers. Harley was also fab but he didnt take guff from anyone.



    You must have a magic ball or something. Because so far Team Rocket have virtually supplanted Plasma in their scheming role.



    Excuse me but i did not just see you using gay in a derogatory way. You are just beyond rude, im reporting you.
    I didn't I ment it as stupid, idiotic, retarded and I ment your view on Plasma not you as a person. So I fail to see how that is an insult of any kind.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    This is episode 14 of BW. Galactic did not arrive till ep 36 of DP and if you dare hide behind the fact that this series is suppose to be faster paced then thats a gay thing to say since in Kanto Ash had three badges by now. All faster paced means is not many fillers. This region could take as long as Hoenn. Which is somewhere to be 121 I believe.
    Look up the word "gay", using it to mean "Stupid" or anything of the sort is offensive. Other then that I agree with what you're saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    Then he should have given that girl a stern talking about messing up his precious silverware instead of acting all submissive. It's not bashing, just because someone is fabulous doesn't mean they need to be light in the loafers. Harley was also fab but he didnt take guff from anyone.

    You must have a magic ball or something. Because so far Team Rocket have virtually supplanted Plasma in their scheming role.
    But that's not in Dento's nature. He's not a mean guy.

    Magic ball has nothing to do with it. It's common sense. Giovanni has already said twice there is a mysterious organization in Unova. Add the fact that the anime closely follows the game and how all "Evil" groups from the past appeared, all points to Team Plasma being the organization. Also, just like the past organization they had they same goal as they did in the game. So Team Plasma will be in the anime, they will be on the hunt for Zekrom and Reshiram, and they will want Pokemon to be freed, the writers know what they are doing.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    I didn't I ment it as stupid, idiotic, retarded and I ment your view on Plasma not you as a person. So I fail to see how that is an insult of any kind.
    Uhuh, so gay = stupid, idiotic, retarded, then? It's better for you if you dont say anything further.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    I didn't I ment it as stupid, idiotic, retarded and I ment your view on Plasma not you as a person. So I fail to see how that is an insult of any kind.
    You still used the word with negative connotation.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    You still used the word with negative connotation.
    All I know is in my school I hear people calling each other gay and they laugh about it. Its pretty much just like calling someone an idiot in a friendly manner. did not know people actually take offense to it. But getting back on topic is it possilbe Bel could be Barry's sister? They look alike and there nature is a bit alike too. Also due to them being game characters.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    Judging from the fact Plasma is completely absent, no.
    That's ********. Giovanni acknowledged them.

    Excuse me? where were first Team Galactic appearance?

    and they totally skipped some of the parts TG appeared in the games.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    All I know is in my school I hear people calling each other gay and they laugh about it. Its pretty much just like calling someone an idiot in a friendly manner. did not know people actually take offense to it. But getting back on topic is it possilbe Bel could be Barry's sister? They look alike and there nature is a bit alike too. Also due to them being game characters.
    Gay has two meanings:
    1)Happy
    2)Attraction to same gender

    Using it in the following means is offense, and can be taken as homophobic:
    1)Calling someone "Stupid"
    2)Saying something "Sucks"
    3)Purposely calling someone gay to insult them in a way that you personally thing it's nasty
    4)Anything in a similar situation

    Using it in those ways makes you ignorant, among being rude and offensive. You should always be careful with what you say because it's very easy to hurt someone's feelings.

    If you think something is "stupid" then just say that, a lot less offense.


    On topic-Belle being Barry's sister is very unlikely if you're being serious. Looking a like and acting a like doesn't mean anything, a lot of people who aren't related act the same and look the same, and even people who are related can be very different in both looks and personality. I don't think it was ever mentioned in the games they were related, and when you add the fact they each have a different father(Assuming it's their biological father), they can't be more then half brother and sister.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Gay has two meanings:
    1)Happy
    2)Attraction to same gender

    Using it in the following means is offense, and can be taken as homophobic:
    1)Calling someone "Stupid"
    2)Saying something "Sucks"
    3)Purposely calling someone gay to insult them in a way that you personally thing it's nasty
    4)Anything in a similar situation

    Using it in those ways makes you ignorant, among being rude and offensive. You should always be careful with what you say because it's very easy to hurt someone's feelings.

    If you think something is "stupid" then just say that, a lot less offense.


    On topic-Belle being Barry's sister is very unlikely if you're being serious. Looking a like and acting a like doesn't mean anything, a lot of people who aren't related act the same and look the same, and even people who are related can be very different in both looks and personality. I don't think it was ever mentioned in the games they were related, and when you add the fact they each have a different father(Assuming it's their biological father), they can't be more then half brother and sister.

    Thats right. I forgot about Palmer.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    That's ********. Giovanni acknowledged them.

    Excuse me? where were first Team Galactic appearance?

    and they totally skipped some of the parts TG appeared in the games.
    Plasma can show up in Unova. But my comment was to the person who was hoping this series will follow the game more closely. The obvious answer is, No. If it was following the game more than previous generation we would have seen Plasma a while ago.
    In that sense it is on par with DP. The fans should cut down a bit on the incredible scenarios they are hoping to happen. If you are expecting an epic battle between Plasma and TR and N and who knows what else, you are setting yourself for disappointment when all we get is a tiny Plasma arc.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Some of the scenes really made me laugh (on the inside). I think this episode has a nice little charm to it.
    This victory for Ash reminds me of the victory over Nando at the start of Sinnoh, and it's nice to finally see him take a step forward since his battle against Paul at the Sinnoh League. A pokemon other than Pikachu to win it would have been reallly impressive to show he's still training a little, but at least this is better than nothing.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    madisonia.
    Posts
    44

    Default

    This may have been my favorite episode ever, it was hilarious.

    Bel may also be my new favorite character.



    derp derp

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Asheville, North Carolina
    Posts
    81

    Default

    We all can wish can't we Teshub? But, you are most likely right. If the anime follows the games complete, than that would mean before the plasma arc ends, Ash would have to beat the league and we all know that can't happen.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanizaru View Post
    We all can wish can't we Teshub? But, you are most likely right. If the anime follows the games complete, than that would mean before the plasma arc ends, Ash would have to beat the league and we all know that can't happen.
    I never understood why. Not saying it is going to happen but just because sh wins single league does not mean there series is over. Didn't Tyson win the Beyblade championship twice in the old Beyblade series? Plus Yugi won Duelist Kingdom and Battle City and the series went on. All I'm saying is Ash has been getting a better ranking in the league for the last 13 seasons so it is possible he would come in second this time or win it. Though this is just my opinion.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    624

    Default

    The second Bel broke the fourth wall (waving at the audience) I knew I was going to like this episode.

    -I love Bel. She's hilarious. Everything about her makes me smile. Her ditziness, her hyperactivity, the fact that she was screaming at Satoshi the whole episode. She's just a joy to have on the show. My favorite parts involving her were her screaming for Mijumaru to use Hydro Pump and Pikachu to use...um, which one is "Denji Wheel?" That. I also loved when she got mad that Chaobuu's Nitro Charge didn't work and when she smacked her foot on the ground, Chaobuu copied her. That was cute. Oh, and when she ran at the group, she tackled Satoshi and Dento, but Iris slid out the way like a ninja. Love her.

    -And no wonder Chillarmy wanted to clean her case. Her bag is freaking filthy. And people thought he was stealing it for no reason. Speaking of gender, I like how the writing staff is confirming these genders. I literally went "OH SNAP" when he used a re-Attract on Tsutarja and he became....um...bishie-Chillarmy?

    http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3...lchillarmy.png
    (Everything involving this was awesome)

    I'm glad Satoshi is using Attract every time like a boss.

    -Dento also had a great moment with Bel nabbing his spoon. And him subsequently sad moments with it (and his facepalm. His facepalm was great). And he commented on Bel/Chillarmy's compatibility so glad to see they haven't forgotten his Sommelier-ness.

    -If the TRio are going to the museum next episode, will we see them battle? Hoping for it.

    -Chaobuu vs. Pikachu. I was wondering how exactly they were going to do this with like three minutes left in the episode so yeah, it was quick. But it was a good fight. I really didn't think Pika would get up after that Heat Stamp attack, but it led to Nitro Charge vs. Volt Tackle which, honestly was an awesome moment.

    Bel, you cannot show up again quick enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ha to allll of you saying pikachu would lose lol finnally ourr favorite mouse winns one.
    He beat Hatobou remember?
    Last edited by garfield15; 16th December 2010 at 8:54 PM.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South-East England.
    Posts
    553

    Default

    I'd like to point out that the Elite Four were very weakened by the time the Plasma plot in game ended. Its possible that the they just take it a step further and have the Elite Four completely incapable of fighting, meaning Ash won't have to battle them.

    A more likely scenario would be that the anime's version of the league is interupted part way through.

    In both cases, Ash doesn't have to win a thing.

    As for the episode itself, I quite enjoyed it. Bel's antics were fun to watch and I'd be happy for her to appear again to liven things up now and again.

    One thing I didn't particular like though is how weak they're making Ash's other Pokemon look recently and, by extension, showing how strong Pikachu is in comparison. We already know how strong Pikachu is, but his other Pokemon aren't being given many opportunites to shine. For me, it would have been better for one of Ash's other Pokemon to have a good fight against Chaobuu and lose, thus making Bel look like a better battler than for Pikachu to beat it in one move. Still early days, however, so it isn't a concern for me yet.
    Last edited by VoltTacklingPika; 16th December 2010 at 8:58 PM.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Asheville, North Carolina
    Posts
    81

    Default

    I'm agreeing with multiple people who said it earlier but Bel's hilarious. Might just be my new favorite character.
    Who the hell do you think I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm gonna be king of the pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    ROFL!! I loved this episode! <3

    Dento crying over his spoon was the best thing ever XDDDDDD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,933

    Default

    -AshnFriends are in the Generic Forest of Woe, and...the writers took no time in bringing Belle into this!
    -They also took no time in making Belle a clumsy fool who tripped and knocked Ash & Dento right into the river!
    -Belle is super-apologetic, and...Ash and Dento are shirtless. Fanservice, ahoy?
    -After Ash chats with Araragi over the live caster, Belle introduces herself...and waves at the audience. Fourth wall? What's that?
    -Just how long can it possibly take to find a badge case? No bag is that messy and full of crap.
    -Also the case is really dusty somehow.
    -The badge case looks like it does in the games, both inside and out. A nice touch.
    -And then Chillarmy swipes the case.
    -Belle's really excited about Chillarmy and how cute it is and and and
    -Hahahaha Chaobuu and Belle doing an annoyed stomp in unison
    -...you know, couldn't they just wait for Chillarmy to finish cleaning the case before taking it back? I mean, presumably the neat freak won't care anymore once it's fullfiled its OCD compulsion to clean all dirty things.
    -I'm loving the facial expressions in this episode.
    -Nothing fazes Belle, does it? She's all peppy about Chillarmy even after it tickled Chaobuu to the point of uselessness.
    -Ash sends in Pikachu...but Mijimaru has its own ideas about who he should use!
    -...and Belle jumps in during the battle hyperly demanding that Mijimaru use Hydro Pump. Calm down, woman! Jeez.
    -Mijimaru is defeated(no thanks to Belle, who distracted it right before Chillarmy wrecked its shit), and...now it wants Pikachu to battle.
    -Hahahaha, Dento's just STARING as Belle goes on about how she's going to fight/catch/something Chillarmy and blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
    -Meanwhile, TR's apparently already at Shippou City and plotting something or other.
    -Belle seems to have an idea that involves Dento's precious cookware. Specifically, it involves getting one of his spoons dirty, and DENTO DOES NOT APPROVE.
    -Bahaha, Dento's still moping about that spoon even after the trap's been set up & they're just waiting for Chillarmy to show up.
    -The plan worked! ...except for the part where Chillarmy could still walk away with the fancy food cover thing over it. Now Belle's depressed her plan didn't work, Dento's depressed that his favorite spoon's gone, and Ash is annoyed that his badge+badge case are gone. This just keeps getting better and better!
    -The next plan involves running in a stream for some reason.
    -It's Tsutarja time! Which means...Attract! Probably.
    -I have no idea what Belle said about her Chaobuu, but it was apparently very stupid.
    -Then Belle talks about her dad and stuff and Iris *and* Dento are both getting tired of her antics.
    -Attract time! ...and Chillarmy dodges it, before using Attract itself!
    -BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BISHOUNEN CHILLARMY
    -I love the little detail of Chillarmy folding its ears up before using Hyper Voice.
    -Belle really needs to clean that bag of hers.
    -Then Chillarmy accidently catches itself because its OCD compelled it to clean the Pokeball. Yeah, sure, whatever.
    -Ash finally gets his badge case ba-ohwait, the tree branch broke before he could try his BADGE CASE GET DAZE again.
    -And at last, it's time for Belle and Ash to battle. Belle sends out Chaobuu, and...insists that Ash use Pikachu!
    -I'm somehow disappointed that they're not using an instrumental version of the game's VS Belle/Cheren theme.
    -Blah blah Nitro Charge vs Volt Tackle blah blah Pikachu wins.
    -Belle is insane. That's the only explanation for all this.


    A very fun episode overall, mostly because of how spastic and insane Belle is(the great facial expressions also helped!). It may just be the writers making her do a variation on Barry's "spastic and ADD and hyper" schtick, but it's funny enough that I don't care.


    EDIT: Also, now that I've read the rest of the thread:
    This isn't really the thread to be speculating about whether or not/how soon Team Plasma is appearing. Focus on discussing the episode at hand, please.
    Last edited by Juputoru; 16th December 2010 at 9:43 PM.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

    Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    I liked this episode a hundred times more than the last episode.

    Belle is a joy! Commanding Mijumaru to use Hydro Pump was lol worthy.

    Chaobu was beaten too easily by Chillarmy and Pikachu.

    Genders known to this point.

    Ash's Pikachu: Male
    Ash's Mamepato: Female
    Ash's Oshawott: Male
    Ash's Tepig: Male
    Ash's Snivy: Female

    Shooti's Janovy: Male
    Shooti's Pururiru: Male

    Belle's Chllarmy: Male

    Random : PokéRadar


  23. #48
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,860

    Default

    Belle is the best character in Best Wishes. She better return, even if it's a recurring role instead of a gym battler.

        Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Where there is snow.
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    Belle is the type of rival I've waited for Ash! The last time he had a female rival was Casey back in the glory days of Johto! I hope Belle has a lot of character development like in today's episode. She's a combination of Lyra and Barry. And Chillarmy was quite hilarious infatuating Snivy.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    Belle is the type of rival I've waited for Ash! The last time he had a female rival was Casey back in the glory days of Johto!
    Who?

    (checks bulba)

    Oh riiiiight. Baseball girl. She was a rival?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •