Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Minccino-Neat & Tidy (672)

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    Who?

(checks bulba)

Oh riiiiight. Baseball girl. She was a rival?
    She was basically the anime's Marina counterpart at the time. Er, maybe Silver I'm not sure whereof. She had blue hair and her color scheme was that of Yellow and Black. I always thought she would be the Marina to our Ash, but I guess not. Like Richie is Ash and Gary combined.

I agree with everyone on Belle. I like it when Ash's rivals are crazier than he is. Even hypocritical Iris has to admit that Belle is more childish than she perceives Ash to be.

Quote Originally Posted by turtle twig View Post
    I agree with everyone on Belle. I like it when Ash's rivals are crazier than he is. Even hypocritical Iris has to admit that Belle is more childish than she perceives Ash to be.
    Is it just me or has the love everyone had for Iris kind of disappeared? With Dento taking the spotlight and Bel outshinning her in her premier I think people realized the "wild girl" isn't all she was hyped up to be. Its kind of disappointing Iris and Bel barely interacted, considering when previous girls met each other they became close very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    Is it just me? -snip-
    yup, It's just you.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    yup, It's just you.
    So what did you like best about Iris in the last 4 episodes?

Is it just me or has the love everyone had for Iris kind of disappeared?
    Because if we're not talking about Iris every week, we stopped liking her.

Can you just admit you hate Iris?
    With Dento taking the spotlight
    One episode is not the spotlight. It's good that Dento has a real presence as much as Iris.
    and Bel outshinning her in her premier
    That's why it's called a character premiere. Because the character is premiering. She's supposed to outshine the main cast, like Iris outshining Ash in her premiere
    So what did you like best about Iris in the last 4 episodes?
    I liked her small verbal pwnage of Shooti and that we learned she can make medicines. Oh and how they kept the running joke of "everything bad happens to Satoshi or Dento except Iris who jumps out of the way." Also, something nobody noticed or said (or I missed it) is that Dento and Iris have a very good comedy duo when it comes to pointing out silly things that happen in the show, like with nearly anything Bel did so I enjoy when silly things happen. Now, that I have written this, your next post will be copying the previous sentence and writing some BS like "oh that's nothing" or "That's not something to like" because you're a Dawn fanboy who jumps to conclusions about everything.
    Last edited by garfield15; 17th December 2010 at 1:12 AM.

I mean that I liked Bel's premier more than Iris' premier. Bel was very animated and interesting.
    Im only pointing this out because before everyone said Iris was amazing, now some of those people said "iris is not doing much, she is just taking up space, etc."

I mean that I liked Bel's premier more than Iris' premier. Bel was very animated and interesting.
    Well, that's great for you. I liked them both
    Im only pointing this out because before everyone said Iris was amazing, now some of those people said "iris is not doing much, she is just taking up space, etc."
    Everyone huh. I just did the "find" option on my browser for the word "iris." Iris was mentioned on page 3, by me (talking about how I like her and my notation about her in the episode) and you (talking about how you dislike her). Iris was not mentioned at all in page 2 and Page 1 was, surprise, you again talking about her only providing side commentary, not even mentioning the funny reactions she had to Bel's antics in the episode. So "everyone" saying those things, seems to be just "you."

Is it just me or has the love everyone had for Iris kind of disappeared? With Dento taking the spotlight and Bel outshinning her in her premier I think people realized the "wild girl" isn't all she was hyped up to be. Its kind of disappointing Iris and Bel barely interacted, considering when previous girls met each other they became close very quickly.
    Its not a matter of love lost. Iris just hasn't earned it yet. She hasn't been on the show for very long, and her position in the show just isn't substantial. Misty was the first female traveling companion and she followed Ash because of the bike thing. May and Dawn both took the contest route, with Ash slightly more advanced than them. Iris has no reason to follow Ash (I'm hoping for shipping for once), and yet all she does is criticize everyone and face-fault. Again, I'm hoping this remedies itself by the time BW is almost a year old.

Watched the episode.

Best of of Best Wishes so far. Like I said before, Belle needs to be a rival. I can't stress that enough. She was weird, funny, stupid, but awesome at the same time. Chillarmy got got spotlight for being a pretty bland Pokemon. Its obsession helped it.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Sucker for comedy? You bet. Did I like this episode? I think that's obvious. God, Belle is a riot.

The second Bel broke the fourth wall (waving at the audience) I knew I was going to like this episode.

-I love Bel. She's hilarious. Everything about her makes me smile. Her ditziness, her hyperactivity, the fact that she was screaming at Satoshi the whole episode. She's just a joy to have on the show. My favorite parts involving her were her screaming for Mijumaru to use Hydro Pump and Pikachu to use...um, which one is "Denji Wheel?" That. I also loved when she got mad that Chaobuu's Nitro Charge didn't work and when she smacked her foot on the ground, Chaobuu copied her. That was cute. Oh, and when she ran at the group, she tackled Satoshi and Dento, but Iris slid out the way like a ninja. Love her.
    A very fun, happy-go-lucky girl. And a ditz. What's not to love?

[in bold]
    Iris and her ninja jumping is become a very amusing occurrence.

-Dento also had a great moment with Bel nabbing his spoon. And him subsequently sad moments with it (and his facepalm. His facepalm was great). And he commented on Bel/Chillarmy's compatibility so glad to see they haven't forgotten his Sommelier-ness.
    I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when I saw the look on Dento's face when she was "defacing" his spoon. Classic.

I liked her small verbal pwnage of Shooti and that we learned she can make medicines. Oh and how they kept the running joke of "everything bad happens to Satoshi or Dento except Iris who jumps out of the way." Also, something nobody noticed or said (or I missed it) is that Dento and Iris have a very good comedy duo when it comes to pointing out silly things that happen in the show, like with nearly anything Bel did so I enjoy when silly things happen.
    You also forgot to mention that apparently Soryuu city likes to secretly train ninja's alongside their dragons. I mean, Iris quicksteps the last two things that have happened to both Ash and Iris. That can't be coincidence.

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by turtle twig View Post
    Its not a matter of love lost. Iris just hasn't earned it yet. She hasn't been on the show for very long, and her position in the show just isn't substantial. Misty was the first female traveling companion and she followed Ash because of the bike thing. May and Dawn both took the contest route, with Ash slightly more advanced than them. Iris has no reason to follow Ash (I'm hoping for shipping for once), and yet all she does is criticize everyone and face-fault. Again, I'm hoping this remedies itself by the time BW is almost a year old.
    The point is that Bel had more substance in one episode than Iris had in 13 episodes. Capture, comedy, playfulness, fanservice, etc. just a lot packed into it.

Bel was just awesome, i don't mind her being a clutz even though it does give into the stereotype about blonds (I mean there's Cynthia, Caitlin, etc still).

It seems like she will be a rival to Ash now, which is awesome! I hope to see her in more episodes, I want to see Cheren still too. But I'm more of Bel fan. ^^;
    My Youtube Account: XCutieBlondieX

Me: Thumbs up if you like the new Black characters in Pokemon Aloe, Iris, and Renbu! ...oh wait...
    Caitlin: What? Is this youtube now? ._.
    Cynthia: Thumbs up.

To my shame, I call stuff "gay" all the time. However, the gay guys I know don't mind. These things always look worse in the form of written text, to be fair, so it's usually best to curb it when written (like on an internet B) I think.

It's not a GOOD thing that the word "gay" has come to mean something stupid or rubbish because obviously gay people aren't all stupid and rubbish. But then there are loads of bad things about the English language that continue to slip by. Like "I could care less," for example. You might even interpret the term "gay" as stereotyping even if used properly, anyway. Not all gay people are happy by default, lol >_>

tl;dr: not necessarily condoning it but it is an accepted phrase in that context.

-=-

This episode was cool, btw. Good to see Ash getting a win, since I thought it would tie, but I can't help feel like they've thrown Bel in to be like Barry: act as a rival clearly inferior to Ash to make Ash not look like a total weakling all the time when he loses to people like Shooti. That and for comic relief.

Another couple of personal highlights: "sexy" Chillarmy. Funny to see Snivy get Attracted in the first place, but that was hilarious. In fact I'm going to work it into my sig.
    Bel telling Oshawott to use Hydro Pump >_>
    Dento freaking out over the spoon.
    Bel accidentally capturing Chillarmy. Funny.

All in all, great ep...and there's also the awesomeness of her having Chaoboo, which looked great (as did all its moves). And naturally, Shooti will have Jalorda soon. She will have Enbuoh. You know what that means for Ash (maybe!)! Let's hope so, anyway.
    Last edited by TheNewGuy; 17th December 2010 at 3:30 AM.

I rather enjoyed this episode, it's definitley one of the better ones that has aired so far.

The way Belle caught Chillarmy was great and very different, it may be a contender in future battles.

I'm also glad that the writers decided to make her Ash's rival since I never felt like Shooti was that great and I like her character a lot more. I hope Cheren becomes a rival as well.

The point is that Bel had more substance in one episode than Iris had in 13 episodes. Capture, comedy, playfulness, fanservice, etc. just a lot packed into it.
    What?

You're not talking about Ash and Dento having their shirts off are you?

Wonder if we'll see Bell's dad one of these days. It would be nice character development.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Stop the "is Iris a good character?!" derail. Now. Teshub's just trying to stir up trouble & bash Iris, and you're all falling for it.

Now get back to discussing this wonderful episode!
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

I agree with Juputoru about everbody falling for Teshub's posts.

I have a question, what move did Belle tell pikachu to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    Stop the "is Iris a good character?!" derail. Now. Teshub's just trying to stir up trouble & bash Iris, and you're all falling for it.

Now get back to discussing this wonderful episode!
    I believe it is a legitimate comparison. Both are female characters who are in Best Wishes. If someone made the comparison that Dento had a more interest personality than Ash or Shootie, nobody would have made a big deal about it being "bashing." I see this as a huge double-standard and appeasement to those who are oversensitive about characters who aren't even on the show anymore.

I believe it is a legitimate comparison. Both are female characters who are in Best Wishes.
    No it's not. Stop doing this. Can we please just talk about the episode.
    If someone made the comparison that Dento had a more interest personality than Ash or Shootie, nobody would have made a big deal about it being "bashing." I see this as a huge double-standard and appeasement to those who are oversensitive about characters who aren't even on the show anymore.
    Well, I'm glad you're psychic enough to know how we all feel but, seriously, we know you just don't like Iris and would love it if everybody agreed with you.

Question: If we know if crap like this is 90% of his posts, why do we keep letting him do this?
    Last edited by garfield15; 17th December 2010 at 4:40 AM.

No it's not. Stop doing this.
    You are deviating away from the topic. We are here to discuss the episode, not your meaningless points.

Anyway, what do you guys of Bel being so overexcitable? I think the writers will have to cut some of that down. Because after a while it will be too much and we might get bored of it. I hope Bel can still maintain her clever characteristics, like when she had the idea to use the spoon and plate cover. But next time Dento should stand for himself.

Question: If we know if crap like this is 90% of his posts, why do we keep letting him do this?
    Because people respond to him, just like you did now.... -_-

Anyway, I'm curious to what attack Belle told Pikachu to use... maybe its foreshadowing.

Only watched because I was interested in how they would portray Bel (I love her design and how she is a female rival), and I must say that I like it. She is pretty much a female Barry, and who doesn't love Barry. Battle was pretty short, but it's about time Pikachu started OHKO'ing opponents. Liking her Chaobuu's moves as well. Heat Stamp looked pretty badass.

I guess there are a few tidbits of this series that have sucked me in. Especially Ash's current party. Would like to see more of Bel later on as well as Cheren. Rivals like in the games makes it pretty awesome.

As for Iris, still wish there was a mute option for whenever she speaks. Doesn't help that from what I have seen, she just derps on the sidelines and commentate like Max did.
    Last edited by deathseer; 17th December 2010 at 4:59 AM.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

yeah it's just you

iris is as awesome and funny as she was at the start i enjoy every moment of her. except maybe during the snivy capture episode where i found some of her lines just a touch annoying.

as far as bel i find her rather annoying yet she has the potential to grow on me so i don't know yet how i'll end up feeling about her.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast