Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Minccino-Neat & Tidy (672)

It's time once again for another tedious episode review. I'm getting a little tired of typing up these large and over-the-top reviews/rants about Best Wishes episodes. I only took the time to type these reviews in the first place because I felt like the Best Wishes series deserved my attention; seeing as how it includes new characters and new Pokemon and an amazing soundtrack that is based on the in-game music from Black/White. Now however, things seem to be winding down a bit so I think I can stop focusing all of my attention on this series. So this will probably be my last large episode review. Anyway, I really thought this episode did the anime some justice. After the whole Takuto/Tobias/Trollbias incident from DP, I had lost my respect for the anime producers. But now, thanks to this episode, I've regained some of that respect for them. They made a bland in-game character like Belle seem totally awesome and hilarious in the anime. And then add her voice and quirky personality into the mix, and she's even more divine than I had expected her to be. I really think she's even more faaaabulous than Dento is, now that I've seen her in action. Now, I'm not saying that this episode was totally perfect since there were some bad things about this episode, but the good stuff out-shines the bad stuff. Well then, here we go. This episode started off like most of the previous Best Wishes episodes: with Ash, Iris, and Dento walking along a forest path on their way to a next destination. In this case, that destination was Shippou City so that Ash could battle for his second Isshu region badge. I thought the scenery was pretty boring, until I noticed that the forest path was near a small river. That was a nice touch since I get tired of seeing just trees all of the time; it seems like Isshu is chock-full of nothing but forests sometimes. Just as we had some nice Isshu route music playing (which always sounds amazing), a voice called from behind Ash, Iris, and Dento. At first, it sounded like the person was shouting "Johto Johto!", but I'm assuming they said something else since mentioning the Johto region would have been really random. Anyway, Ash and friends turned around in surprise and we got our first glimpse of Belle (pronounced “Beru” in Japanse) running towards Ash, Iris, and Dento. Oh my goodness, I have to admit that Belle looked great! I was worried that they'd mess up her design in the anime, but she looked stunning for an anime character. What? I can't help but like her; Belle has style and charm, which is something that other girls in the anime just don't have.

Just as Belle was running towards Ash and his friends, she tripped on a rock. Haha, what the heck? Yeah, you know, because people often trip on rocks. I guess. Anyway, Belle sort of wobbled towards Ash and his group after losing her balance, and you could tell by their faces that they were stunned as Belle got closer. Belle crashed into Ash and Dento after that and that was somehow able to knock both Ash and Dento into the river by the forest path. Even though, of course, that wouldn't have happened in real life. Oh, anime physics. After the Opening theme (which updated to include Yabukuron), we got to see Ash, Iris, Dento, and Belle near the forest by a campfire. I was wondering why they were near a campfire since it was the middle of the day, but then I noticed why. There, just a few feet from the fire, stood Ash and Dento. Oh my goodness, they didn't have shirts on! It was like getting double the fanservice! Geez, Dento looked 10 times more faaaabulous without a shirt on haha. Seriously now, it appeared that Belle was very sorry for the little tripping incident that had occurred, so she was bowing so as to show her remorse. Dento and Ash on the other hand, thought that she had apologized enough. Just then, Belle called Ash by name. I wondered how she knew him, and Ash himself seemed to wonder that as well. Belle walked up to Ash and she showed him her Live Caster. Wow, I was surprised to see one of those again. She turned it on and Professor Araragi started talking to Ash. She seemed to ask Ash if he had gotten any Gym badges, and Ash said he had. Professor Araragi then apologized for forgetting to give him a badge case, and that was apparently how Belle knew his name: because she was sent to deliver it to him. As Belle introduced herself with a cute little wave, Iris and Dento both introduced themselves. Belle then started searching her big green tote bag for the badge case, but she wasn't able to find it near the top of the bag. As she continued to dig deeper into her bag, her face turned all sad since she couldn't find it. Haha, she looked cute. It was funny to see Ash and friends look at her all surprised, since it seemed like she couldn't find it. Time passed and just as Ash and his friends were getting ready to leave, Belle finally found the case. It was covered in dust though, so she blew on it and gave it to Ash. Ash then did that little victory-pose thing that he does. Oh please Ash, give it a rest. I mean, it is just a badge case, after all. It’s not that important.

Ash then opened the case and placed his Tri Badge into the proper slot. Just as Ash handed the badge case to Belle so that she could look at his badge, something took the case out of her hands! Something furry then ran off with the badge case, and Ash, Iris, Dento, and Belle chased after it. We then saw that it was actually a Chillarmy that had taken the badge case. It ran through the forest with impressive agility. Pikachu chased after it faster than the others, who had all stopped to catch their breath. Despite the situation at hand, Belle seemed really excited that a Chillarmy had taken it. I guess she liked Chillarmy since it was a cute Pokemon or something. As Belle was obsessing over Chillarmy's cuteness, Ash stood on a log and he fell over. Pfft, that was hilarious. Ash got up angrily, but just then, he heard Pikachu calling. Ash and friends all poked their heads out of a nearby bush, and they saw Chillarmy apparently cleaning the badge case. What the heck? I guess that the wild Chillarmy was just some sort of neat freak. Well, at least it looked cute. Belle then took out her Pokedex and scanned the wild Chillarmy with it. Wow, I didn't think she would have a Pokedex. I should've known. Anyway, after getting some intel from the Pokedex, Belle was seen giggling about Chillarmy. Weird. As Ash was going forward to challenge Chillarmy, Belle got in his way and she apparently wanted to fight it herself. Chillarmy put the badge case into its mouth and was going to make a run for it, but Belle tossed her Pokeball. Out of it came a Chaoboo, which is an interesting Pokemon for Belle to have. Ash then scanned Chaoboo into his own Pokedex to get the 411 on it. As some of that kung-fu type music was playing, we saw Belle ordering Chaoboo to attack Chillarmy. Chillarmy was too fast though, and it easily evaded Chaoboo. While Dento appeared impressed with its speed, Chaoboo leapt into the air and then landed near Chillarmy. Belle then ordered it to use Nitro Charge. At first it was just stomping and sending dust into the air, but then its entire body was covered in a red aura of flames and it looked like a fiery Aqua Jet attack! Chaoboo crashed near Chillarmy, but Chillarmy managed to get away by climbing a nearby tree. Darn, I wanted it to get at least a little injured. It managed to make Chaoboo look like a fool. Belle then had a temper tantrum and she started to stomp around. It was really funny to see her Chaoboo do the same. Hmm, it would appear that Belle is a lot like her Chaoboo. I mean to say that Belle has a fiery personality.

Ash tried to call Belle's attention to the matter at hand, and I had to wonder if maybe Belle suffered from ADD or something, because she seemed to get distracted easily haha. Belle noticed that Chillarmy was on a tree with the badge case, so she had Chaoboo ready to attack. Chillarmy then surprised me when it closed its ears. I didn't understand why it was doing that, but then it sent out a loud attack and I understood why. The attack was Hyper Voice and it went straight towards Chaoboo. Because you know, sound only travels in a straight path. Chaoboo was holding its ears down because of the attack, and just then, Chillarmy jumped off of the tree and it landed on Chaoboo's back. I was wondering what it would do next, when it used its tail to tickle Chaoboo's armpit! I loved Chaoboo's face when it was tickled by Chillarmy's tail, and seeing it roll around on the ground with Chillarmy still clinging to it was cute. As Belle looked on, worried about Chaoboo, we saw Iris make this weird face. Haha, it was Iris' best moment of the episode. Since Chaoboo was useless, Belle returned it to its Pokeball. Despite Chillarmy rendering Chaoboo useless, Belle was still obsessing over its cuteness. Haha, oh Belle, you make me laugh. Ash then decided to get involved since Belle wasn't very helpful, and he sent Pikachu out to deal with Chillarmy. Just as Chillarmy was cleaning itself with its tail and Pikachu was approaching it to do battle, one of Ash's Pokeballs popped open. I was wondering who it might be, but it was obvious before the Pokemon even exited the Pokeball: Mijumaru! AHHH! I'm so glad its back! So many episodes had passed since it appeared in the flesh. Belle thought that Mijumaru was cute too, though Iris made a face again haha. Ash decided to use Mijumaru to battle Chillarmy. Just as we got some Isshu Wild Pokemon music, Ash had Mijumaru attack Chillarmy, though that failed. Chillarmy started running and Mijumaru ran after it. Eventually, Chillarmy stopped just as Mijumaru did the cutest little pose. Oh God, I love Mijumaru-kun! Ash was about to order Mijumaru to attack, but Belle arrived and interrupted him. What? She ordered Mijumaru to use Hydro Pump, despite it not being her Pokemon and despite it not knowing that attack. Geez, could Belle be anymore scatterbrained? Mijumaru seemed confused but Ash finally ordered it to use Shell Blade on the wild Chillarmy. I then noticed two amazing things: Mijumaru's Shell Blade seemed more like a sword than ever, and Belle is totally tall compared to Ash and his friends! Guess I missed that before.

While Mijumaru was preparing to use Shell Blade, it noticed that the wild Chillarmy had disappeared from sight. As Mijumaru looked around for it, we noticed Chillarmy on a tree branch. As Belle was jumping around and shouting about something, Mijumaru's Shell Blade went back to normal. That was bad timing though, as the Chillarmy appeared near Mijumaru after jumping off of that tree. Mijumaru was stunned, and so were Ash and Pikachu apparently. Chillarmy then used its Tickle attack to make Mijumaru roll around on the ground laughing. There's nothing cuter than seeing a Chillarmy and a Mijumaru just rolling around on the ground together. Hmm, CleanOtterShipping, anyone? Seriously though, Chillarmy used the distraction to attack Mijumaru with DoubleSlap (using its tail of course). Mijumaru's reaction looked painful, and funny. Mijumaru couldn't take it, and it just fainted. NOOOOO! Why does Mijumaru get weaker as the anime progresses?! This is bullspit! Despite Mijumaru having fainted, both Iris and Dento seemed to admire Chillarmy's power, though Belle looked depressed (a first!). Just as Ash was going to use Pikachu against Chillarmy, the Chillarmy took the badge case and ran for it again. Belle wanted them to go after it so that she could capture it, while Ash looked upset that this whole ordeal would take too long since he was in a rush to get to Shippou City. As Ash looked toward the mountains near Shippou City, we got our first glimpse of the city. I looked really small, but colorful too. The anime's Shippou City had the old train tracks that exist in the game's Shippou City, so it was nice to see that the anime was consistent with the games. As usual, we got to see Team Rocket, being serious again. They all stood on the roof of some building this time. They were seen observing the city below while James took out a weird iPad-looking device that unfolded. There were tons of odd symbols flashing across the screen, but then there seemed to be a map on the screen. It seemed like Team Rocket was trying to find a certain location on the map, and when they did, they suddenly disappeared as a girl was passing by. Grr. I hate serious Team Rocket, but at least their little cameo didn't take up 5 minutes this time haha. Back at the forest with Ash and friends, we saw them just sort of standing around, looking for Chillarmy no doubt. Belle asked Dento for something, and then we saw that she wanted to borrow a spoon and a bowl. I wondered what she was up to, and then she suddenly started rubbing the spoon in the dirt, much to Dento's dismay haha.

Then Belle just ran into the forest, all cheerful-like. I liked Ash's face as he watched Belle run since he didn't look too happy. I guess he's had enough Belle to last him a lifetime haha. I also noticed where his hand was; I guess some of Dento's faaaabulousness is rubbing off on Ash teehee. Once everyone else was in the forest, we got to see that Belle had used her brain to come up with an interesting trap to catch the wild Chillarmy. She used the dirty spoon as bait to lure Chillarmy out of the trees. Once Chillarmy tried to take the spoon, Belle would just drop the bowl on it, and capture it right there. It seemed like a great plan, seeing as how Chillarmy seemed to be attracted to dirty things, since they're such little neat freaks. Dento was still upset that his spoon and bowl were being used to lure Chillarmy out, however. Well, it could be a lot worse Dento. Suddenly, Belle and the others heard a rustling in the bushes up ahead and they all ducked to hide. Chillarmy appeared out of the bushes and it seemed to take interest in Dento’s spoon. It started to clean it, and just then, Belle pulled the rope which caused the bowl to fall on Chillarmy. Belle looked pleased since it appeared that she had Chillarmy trapped, but things went from bad to worse. Chillarmy just walked away, with Dento’s silver bowl on top of its head and the spoon in its mouth. Oh my God, it was so cute how it was just walking away, so nonchalantly. I wonder how it could see where it was going though haha. Belle was disappointed, and Dento was depressed since his spoon and bowl were now lost to the wild Chillarmy, just like Ash‘s badge case was. At that point, I noticed that Belle wasn't just taller than Ash or his friends; she was a giant! Seriously, she looked even taller than the normal adults in this anime. Did her dad feed her growth hormones or something? Geez. Ash also seemed disappointed at how things were going, but he seemed to want to find Chillarmy his own way now that Belle's plan to capture the wild Chillarmy, failed. Ash, Pikachu, Iris, Dento, and Belle were then seen running on a stream. I guess that the water wasn't very deep, otherwise that wouldn't have been possible. We then got to see Chillarmy on a tree branch somewhere in the forest, with its collection of dirty objects including Ash's badge case, and Dento's spoon and bowl. Chillarmy was still cleaning that stuff too, like it had nothing better to do with its time. Forget what I said about it being a neat freak; Chillarmy has extreme Obsessive–compulsive disorder!

As Chillarmy was obsessively cleaned its treasures, Ash and the others managed to sneak closer and they hid behind a rock by the stream. Ash then leapt into action (about freaking time). He sent out his trusty Tsutarja, just as we got some cool Isshu route music playing in the background to highlight the upcoming battle. Chillarmy noticed Ash and Tsutarja, and it jumped down near the stream to fight them. As Ash was getting ready, Belle was talking to Dento and Iris, and she said something stupid judging from the look on Iris and Dento's faces. Belle then started "dancing" as Iris and Dento had those funny expressions on their faces again haha. I don't know what the heck that was about, but it seemed like a waste of time. Anyway, Ash had his Tsutarja use its signature attack on Chillarmy: Attract. Iris and Dento appeared to have confidence in Attract's power, and I admit that I did too. However, Chillarmy was able to evade Tsutarja's Attract pretty easily. Chillarmy then used its own Attract while it was behind a tree, and it hit Tsutarja! What? I guess Chillarmy is male then. Tsutarja was infatuated with Chillarmy, and I loved how Chillarmy looked in Tsutarja's eyes: all manly and charming with it's hand under its chin! Hmm, FurrySnakeShipping, anyone? Yeah well Ash recalled Tsutarja, and sent out Pikachu to do the job. I thought it was the best choice, since Chillarmy's Attract wouldn't work on a male Pokemon like Pikachu (unless Pikachu is gay, oh!). Ash had Pikachu use its Iron Tail attack, and Chillarmy seemed surprised. It managed to avoid the attack though, but Iron Tail still looked cool. Ash had Pikachu use Quick Attack, and I hadn't noticed that Pikachu glows when it uses Quick Attack now. Chillarmy was seen running on the water from the stream, but Pikachu managed to catch up to it quickly. Dento commented on Chillarmy's lack of speed compared to Pikachu, just as Ash had Pikachu use another Iron Tail attack. Chillarmy was no fool though, and it used its DoubleSlap attack to counter Pikachu's Iron Tail. The power of the two attacks colliding caused a shockwave that shook the water of the stream; now that's power. Belle thought it was cool and so did I. It then rained a bit since the water from the stream had been uplifted, but that soon stopped and Chillarmy closed its ears again. Just as we got some awesome Isshu Gym Leader battle music, Chillarmy used Hyper Voice once more. The attack sent a sound wave straight at Pikachu, but Pikachu stood its ground and didn't let the attack phase him. Whoa, you go Pikachu!

Chillarmy used Hyper Voice as a distraction, and it jumped behind Pikachu as Pikachu had its eyes and ears closed. Chillarmy then used Tickle with its tail again, and Pikachu was trying really hard not to laugh. Belle cheered for Pikachu, and just then Chillarmy got tired of tickling Pikachu. Cool, I guess Pikachu was able to withstand a Tickle attack; lets see Shooti's Pokemon do that haha. Belle told Pikachu to use Thunder Wave, despite it not knowing how and despite it not being Belle's Pokemon haha. Pikachu used Thunderbolt, and Chillarmy was dizzy. Belle got in the way and was planning to capture Chillarmy, but she couldn't find a Pokeball. She finally found it as Chillarmy was running away, but it was dirty. That apparently caught Chillarmy's attention, and it ran up to Belle. I laughed when it started cleaning her dirty Pokemon, but it sounded cute. The Pokeball activated and it captured Chillarmy, just like that. Belle captured Chillarmy, without having done anything. Pfft. That's why I like Belle so much, she's so random! Ash was surprised, but Belle did her own little capture pose that looked really faaaabulous. Ash then climbed the tree where Chillarmy had stashed the goods, and he retrieved his badge case. The tree branch broke because of his weight, and the bowl feel on his head, but everything seemed to be back to normal (or as normal as things get in Pokemon, anyway). At a Pokemon Center, Ash and Belle had their Pokemon healed by Nurse Joy and her Tabunne. Nurse Joy then handed Ash back his Pokemon egg and Belle seemed to take interest in it. Maybe she had never seen a Pokemon egg before or something. She then asked Ash if he wanted to battle against her, and of course, he agreed to it. Ash and Belle used the battlefield at the back of the Pokemon Center to battle while Dento, Iris, Kibago, and Pikachu watched from the sidelines. After Ash explained the rules of the battle to Belle, they started. Belle sent out her trusty Chaoboo to fight, probably because it's her strongest Pokemon. While Ash was trying to decide which of his Pokemon he would use against a Fire-type like Chaoboo, Belle interrupted him and she asked him to use his Pikachu against her and Chaoboo for some reason. Although Ash was puzzled by her demand, he went with Pikachu. Pikachu ran quickly towards Chaoboo just as Chaoboo began to glow. That glow was apparently its Take Down attack, which managed to hit Pikachu and send it flying. I had no idea Chaoboo was so strong.

Belle then had her Chaoboo use its special Heat Stamp attack on Pikachu. I hadn't seen that attack before in the anime, but I was pleased to see it at last. Chaoboo's body was surrounded by a ball of fire and Chaoboo looked a lot like a meteor as it headed towards Pikachu. The attack collided with Pikachu and caused a pretty large explosion that had Dento and Iris worried. I was worried that Pikachu had fainted, but that wasn't the case. Pikachu got up like a champ, just as Belle had her Chaoboo use Nitro Charge. Ash ordered Pikachu to use its Volt Tackle, and I loved seeing that red aura around Chaoboo and that yellow aura around Pikachu as the two Pokemon collided. There was a big explosion as both Ash and Belle called out to their Pokemon. Both Chaoboo and Pikachu were thrown back by the power of their combined attacks, but Pikachu was able to stand while Chaoboo could not, since it had fainted. Wow, Pikachu won a battle? Ash's Pikachu? Yay! I'm so glad that Pikachu isn't totally useless after all. Belle recalled Chaoboo, thanking it for battling so bravely. She then ran to Ash, just as excited as ever and like their battle hadn't had any effect at all. She began babbling and then she left the area, talking about the Shippou City Gym challenge. I loved seeing her run away since she did it so awkwardly and it really reminded me of Barry from Sinnoh. Ash seemed to like Belle, despite her awkwardness, clumsiness, and over-the-top cheerfulness. He looked at his badge case and he seemed eager to add yet another Gym badge to it. The episode ended with Ash and Pikachu looking mighty poised for the battles ahead. Well, that was all. Like I said before, I really like Belle despite her minor flaws and her constant need to jump around and stuff (I know I called her "Belle" and not "Bel", but I hope I can be forgiven). I also loved Chillarmy's cuteness as well as Chaoboo's power. Those Fire-attacks like Nitro Charge and Heat Stamp are attacks that I hope Ash's Pokabu will learn. Speaking of Pokabu; I was disappointed that Pokabu didn't appear in this episode though. I would have loved to see Pokabu and Chaoboo in the same scene together. Hmm, BarbequeShipping, anyone? Haha, seriously though, I hope that Belle returns as a recurring character at some point and that she provides tons of laughs. There are a few other minor things that bugged me about this episode, like Iris and Dento's lack of a true role, but overall, Belle's part in this makes everything worth while. I'm going to give this hilarious episode a good old 9/10, since it was almost perfect. Well then, stay faaaabulous~

Hey, where do you guys watch Best Wishes? The website I was on stopped working.
    Who the hell do you think I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm gonna be king of the pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanizaru View Post
    Hey, where do you guys watch Best Wishes? The website I was on stopped working.
    Keyhole TV is the only legal way to watch the anime online(and therefore the only way that can be discussed here); it only lets you watch the episode as it's actually airing on Japanese TV, but them's the breaks. I really should stick that into one of the FAQs if I haven't already.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Belle was just as I expected her to be. Real good episode, and loved Belle and Oshawott.

just watched the ep with subs and I have to say, belle is hilarious she makes more sense now, but LOLOLOL wut why the hell did you tell pikachu to use zap cannon?

"Just as expected of a Pokemon Sommelier....I understood absolutely nothing."

Dento is kanpeki, he makes fangirls fangasm when their hearts go doki-doki

when you walk around dento, their is always a celebration as people are always screaming KANPAI around him, dento is ecstasy he makes you drunk on his fabulousness, simply by saying what he is in a low voice and bowing.

I thought this episode was good, but Belle was so f***ing annoying. She's like the female version of Barry. Chillarmy's capture has to be the lamest PKMN capture ever.

I do believe we finally found someone who is better than Ash in speed attacks. This was a fun episode Bel's definitely going to be an interesting rival for Ash, she'll more than likely end up as the female equivalent of Barry, but I can hope for more. If Brock were still traveling with Ash i'm sure he'd love to get a few pointers from Bel's Chillarmy in order to attract the ladies
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Now that I've seen the subs of the episode, I now know it's official that Bel is Ash's second rival and his first female one at that. She really has a Barry-esq feel to her, especially with how she seems to be constantly at her own pace. In fact she even has the whole wind up pokeball throw just like Barry did. Can't help but wonder what it would be like if she and Barry ever met one another.

Though one thing I find funny is that Bel only recently started her journey, only had Chaoboo, and is still ahead of Ash in badges. And unlike Shooti, Bel doesn't seem to be the most focused individual out there, seeming easy to distract.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Pokemon Best Wishes Episode 14: Chillarmy is a neat freak?!

The episode starts off with the gang traveling towards Shippou city near a forest area on there right and a Lake on the left. They hear a voice telling them to hold on, they turn around to see a tall girl with a green beret, a white one piece shirt and long skirt a orange jumper, long orange socks, light yellow shoes and big yellow hair. She trips on a rock (Sure why not?) and she stumbles into Ash and co. Iris slides out of her way and the girl knocks Ash and Dento into the lake. Opening.

Ash and Dento are topless whilst drying there clothes and they’re standing near a fire to get warm. Belle keeps apologizes but Dento says it’s enough. Iris asks who she is. Belle mentions that she is there to run an errand for Ash. She shows Ash her Red caster, Araragi is on the screen, she asks how he is going and how he is going with the gyms, Ash says that he is fine and that he won the first gyn. She says that she is sorry that she forgot to give Ash his Badge case, she says Belle will do it. Belle introduces herself as Belle, to the audience and the Ash and Co., Iris introduces herself, Dento says that he is a Pokemon Sommelier. Belle tries to search through her big green handbag but she is worrying because she can’t find it, time goes by the fire goes out and everyone is fully dressed. Belle eventually finds it and it’s covered in dust, she coughs because of the dust, Iris says that it’s covered in dust, good job Iris! We see a grey creature in a tree up above moving. Belle blows on the badge case and she gives it to Ash, Ash poses with it, he puts his first badge in it, the tri badge, Ash wants to get all eight right away, Iris says he’s pumped and while Dento talks about Shippou being near the same creature is looking at them, Belle asks if she can see the badge case. Ash says alright and he gives it to her, whilst he puts in her hands the creature snatches it away. The creature runs away with the badge case in it’s mouth, Ash chases after it along with Pikachu and then Iris, Dento and Belle follow. The Pokemon runs away with it and it jumps over a mossy tree that is in the way of the path, pikachu runs over it and chases the Pokemon, Ash rests on the stump and he says that it sure is fast, Belle says that it’s amazing, Iris says it’s not the time but Belle says that seeing a fast Pokemon makes her happy. Dento mentions that Belle’s personality changes a bit, Ash stands on the stump determined to get the badge case back, Belle asks if he can’t just ask for another one, Ash falls off the stump and he land in front of it, he tells Belle that it holds strong memories, Pikachu yells out.

All four are in a nearby bush, while they watch Chillarmy clean Ash’s badge case. Belle mentions that it’s cute, she looks it up on her pink pokedex, it says “Chillarmy the chinchilla Pokemon, it likes to find shiny object and it likes to dust them with it’s tail to make them clean”. Belle mentions that it’s a neat freak Pokemon, Dento mentions that is why it stole the badge case, Belle also mentions that the weird personality is great for her. She jumps out of the bush and she mentions that she will get the badge case back. Chillarmy puts the badge case in it’s mouth, Belle sends out Chaobuu. It poses and Dento mentions that it evolves from Pokabu, so Ash looks it up on his Pokedex, it says “Chaobuu is the evolved form of Pokabu, it uses food as fuel to fire it’s stomach. It’s speed increases when it’s body reaches it’s ignition point”, Belle orders Chaobuu to use tackle, Chillarmy jumps and dodges, Chaobuu hits the floor and lands in a bush, it then jumps back out. Belle orders it to use Nitro Charge, Chaobuu consecutively stomps it feet one after the other. It creates a dust cloud and Chaobuu flies through it covered in a flaming aura. Iris and Ash are impressed, it misses by Chillarmy climbing up a tree. Belle keeps stomping her left foot and Chaobuu copies her (Cute). Ash asks if she would hurry up, Belle says fine, Belle orders another Nitro Charge, but Chillarmy is on a tree branch, it puts the badge case down and it rolls up it’s ears frontwards and it holds it’s breath and it unleashes a powerful Hyper voice attack. Dento says that it stops Chaobuu from moving, Chillarmy jumps on Chaobuu and it uses it’s tail to tickle under Chaobuu’s right armpit, Chaobuu can’t resist (Lol at Iris’s face). Belle returns Chaobuu so Chillarmy falls to the ground. Belle is impressed that it is strong for being so small, she wants to capture it even more. Ash says that he will take over, he tells Pikachu to battle, but Mijumaru comes out of it’s ball and wants to battle instead. Belle asks if Ash’s pokemon always do this. Iris says Mijumaru is...and Belle finishes it by saying it’s interesting, Ash tells Pikachu to sit this one out. Ash tells Mijumaru to use tackle, it uses it but, Chillarmy jumps above it, dodging it. Ash tells it to use tackle again, Mijumaru chases Chillarmy, so Chillarmy stops and Mijumaru poses. Ash goes to call out for Mijumaru to use Shell blade, but Belle interrupts, she goes crazy and she says for Mijumaru to use Hydro pump, Mijumaru is confused (Guess Belle used confuse ray). Ash tells Mijumaru to use Shell blade, it created a sword shaped Shell blade, but Chillarmy isn’t there. Chillarmy jumps off a Tree branch and it uses tickle on Mijumaru (Cutest scene ever) then it uses double slap. Mijumaru can’t battle anymore

Belle says that Ash should still continue, Iris says that it using tickle was a good idea because then it could use Double slap. Dento says that Chillarmy has a mellow taste for moving around and confusing it’s opponent in circles (Didn’t know Dento was a Pokedex, i’ll make a memo). Ash asks if Mijumaru is giving up, Mijumaru pushes Pikachu to battle. Ash says that Pikachu should battle now, Chillarmy puts the case in it’s mouth and it runs off. Belle is annoyed and Ash tells Belle that she shouldn’t ramble on during a battle. Belle mentions that she’ll take his advice and that she’ll definitely capture Chillarmy. Belle asks for Ash’s assistance to capture it, Belle mentions that it is a way to get his case back, Ash agrees and Belle is happy. She said she’ll be capturing it, Ash says that he thought that he was be in Shippou city by now. Dento tells Ash to be patient because they only need to cross one more mountain. We zoom past the mountain in a couple of shots and we see Shippou city, old train tracks and all (I’m sorry but it’s Ugly). Team Rocket are on a building. Jessie wonders where the warehouse in Shippou city is. They kneel down, James puts down a pad with the Team Rocket symbol on it. The bottom part moves flips up, then a layer under it flips from the top, creating a triangle shape, so on the side facing Team Rocket, it also has a screen, it has 3 rows of 3 yellowish buttons on it with writing. James presses the middle one it shows where they are and it moves forward, James mentions that the train tracks are old. Meowth says that they need to find where the museum is. The search through building and they find it. They click on it and Jessie mentions that they should make good use of the escape routes while they can. Meowth says Roger while they all stand up, after a woman on the ground walks past them and her umbrella moves past them they disappear.

Back with Ash and the gang they can’t find Chillarmy anywhere, Belle has an idea, she asks Dento if she can borrow some of his stuff, she gets out a food cloche and one of Dento’s silver spoons that he recently cleaned. Belle looks at the spoon then she rubs it in the dirt on the ground below, Dento is angry and Ash asks what she is doing, Belle runs off into a forest. We see the food cloche being held up by a stick on one side and a rope around the stick with dento’s dirty spoon underneath the shelter of the food cloche. Our gang are in a nearby bush watching, Dento is upset that his spoon is dirty Ash asks if it will work and Belle says Shh. We see some rustling the near the trap, Chillarmy pops out, it sniffs the spoon it goes back out then it starts to clean the spoon, Belle roughly pulls the rope, Chillarmy hears and it is trapped under the food cloche, Belle thinks that she succeeded, but Chillarmy walks away with the spoon and the food cloche it’s head, we only se it’s legs walking away. Belle yells for it to hold on, but it keeps going. Dento is upset that his food cloche and his spoon are gone. Ash mentions that they have to battle to get it back, Iris warns not to get to close, Dento warns Ash not to let his Pokemon to get tickled and Ash isn’t worried. All of them run through a shallow river with lots of rocks in it. They find Chillarmy on a tree branch with all of the objects, Ash and the others are hiding behind a rock watching it, cleaning Dento’s spoon, Iris sees the badge case with it, Belle tells Ash to go for it, Ash agrees he jumps over and he sends out Tsutaja and Chillarmy jumps down to battle it. Belle mentions that Ash has a lot of Pokemon, Dento asks how many she has besides Chaobuu, Belle says Chaobuu is her only one, Dento and Iris fall down on the rock, feeling shocked, Iris asks if she has had one this whole time. Belle says that she always says “till the end with Nitro Charge.”, Dento asked how long she has been traveling, she says that she trained at home but now she is traveling, she said her father wouldn’t let her but he eventually caved, Dento calls her vintage and Iris says that she is a princess. She tells us that she has two badges and Iris mentions that she is still ahead of Ash. Ash tells Tsutaja to use attract, Belle asks what it is, Dento says it’s a good move and Iris says that it will slow down it’s opponent and their movements. So Tsutaja uses it but Chillarmy dodges it and goes behind a tree, Chillarmy winks at Tsutaja and pink hearts go towards Tsutaja, Dento notices and Ash mentions that it also knows attract.

Tsutaja has fallen for it and she is smitten with Chillarmy (Tsutaja is funny). Ash recalls it and he tells Pikachu to battle. Dento says it’s good because Pikachu is a male, Belle thinks it’s interesting. Pikachu uses Iron tail but it misses, then Ash orders for Pikachu to use quick attack, Pikachu runs after Chillarmy and Dento is impressed. Ash tells Pikachu to use Iron tail so it does but Chillarmy uses Double slap once and they collide in the air sending water below them to be thrown in the air. Both Pokemon land with water drops coming down from the water thrown up, looking like rain, Chillarmy rolls it’s ears forward and it holds it’s breath and unleashes another Hyper voice, sending shock waves through the shallow river. Belle says that Pikachu is resisting it, Chillarmy jumps behind Pikachu and it uses tickle, but again Pikachu resists, Chillarmy tires itself out and Belle tells Ash for it to use Zap canon. Ash says it doesn’t know that move and that Belle should watch, Ash tells Pikachu to use Thunderbolt, it hits Chillarmy. Belle rushes in and says that Ash should leave it to her, Belle tries to find something in her bag. Ash says to hurry up, Chillarmy runs away and Belle pulls out a dirty Pokeball. Chillarmy stops and notices, it runs past Pikachu causing Pikachu to spin and Chillarmy jumps on Belle and dusts her Pokeball, Chillarmy does it so much that the Pokeball opens and it captures Chillarmy. Chillarmy is now Belles, a dirty Belle with a neat freak, theres a weird pair. Ash is like WTF?!, Dento states the obvious, Iris says everything is alright. Dento says that Belle is reckless and Chillarmy is well put and firm and if it was a marriage it would make an interesting couple. Ash thinks that what Dento said is expected since he is a sommelier, because he didn’t understand it.

Belle poses and Ash climbs up the tree and he gets his badge case, but the tree branch breaks and Ash falls down with the food cloche falling on him. The group are at a Pokemon centre and they get there Pokemon healed. Belle looks at Ash’s egg and she asks Ash for a battle and so he agrees. They go to the dirt covered battle field next to the Pokemon centre, Ash says that it’s one on one, Iris says that Belle has the advantage and Dento says that he will be happy no matter what battle. Belle sends out Chaobuu and she asks to battle Pikachu, Pikachu runs over ready to battle. Ash asks if it ready, Pikachu agrees and it charges down the field, Belle tells Chaobuu to use take down, it charges down the field with a yellow aura in front of it. It hits Pikachu sending it to fly in the air. Belle says for it to use Heat stamp, Chaobuu is now in a burning hot, red, flaming ball, Chaobuu then hits Pikachu into the ground. Iris is worried Dento says it’s too much. Pikachu gets up and Belle is impressed, Iris is saying the Belle is babbling during battle again but Dento is worried for Pikachu. Belle tells Chaobuu to use Nitro Charge, it stops it’s feet creating a dust cloud around it then it flies through it, surrounded by a flaming Aura. Ash tells Pikachu to use Volt tackle, Pikachu runs and it’s surrounded in bright yellow electricity the two run at each other and the clash. Belle and Ash are worried, Chaobuu flies back and so does Pikachu but Chaobuu is unable to battle, Ash wins. Iris says badges don’t mean anything and that Ash is in a good lead. Belle returns Chaobuu and she rushes to Ash and she tells him that the next time they will meet her Pokemon will be stronger and she wishes him good luck at the next gym, then Belle runs away. Dento says that she travels at her own pace and Ash is just happy to get a badge case and to win a battle and he mentions that he will win his next badge in the same manner as this one. The episode ends.

Good parts

- Belle

- Chaobuu

- Chillarmy

- Tsutaja

- Mijumaru

- Ash winning a battle.

Bad points

- I found Pikachu annoying in this episode

-and Iris hardly did anything, then again it wasn’t about her.

I’ll be harsher on my reviews so 10/10, meaning it was great.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Since I never got around to post my opinions on this one, I figured I might do it now since I'm bored anyway.

Going to sum it up in few points

- Belle is awesome. ♥
    - Pikachu winning over Chaobuu really made my day.
    - Chillarmy was funny AND cute AND HANDSOME!
    - Iris please do something, don't just stand there. :|
    - Funny interactions FTW!

Great, and overall enjoyable episode. And no, Belle is not a Barry clone - she's much different, but in a good way. Since she said she already won two badges, I think we can count her as Ash's second (first female) rival for sure.

And you have no idea how I loved Pikachu beating Belle's main Pokemon, it was about time he got a win. Though I still disliked how Iris didn't get to do anything, even Dento had more screentime. I'd give this one 9/10.

I liked this episode and I liked Chillarmy (Minccino), but I cant fake, Belle was annoyin the whole episode.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Hated the oneshot victory vs Chaobuu. This thing beat two gyms, Ash struggled just getting past them. He should at least have taken more than ONE hit before fainting. Especially considering how pikachu took three.

And just Pikachu in general, I want to see more use of the other mons.

Cilan/dento....i'm going to say this right now.....IT'S JUST A SPOON! GET OVER IT!

I really hope that either Rachel Lillis or Lisa Ortiz voice Bianca in the dub
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Belle is cool! and Chillarmy is just soo cute! =D
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion Trainer View Post
    I liked this episode and I liked Chillarmy (Minccino), but I cant fake, Belle was annoyin the whole episode.
    I completely agree. She's always annoying.

I did like the episode and Minccino was funny. Ash had no idea what Cilan said at the end. XD
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 2nd May 2011 at 2:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    I completely agree. She's always annoying.
    I don't see what's so annoying about her. To me, there's nothing annoying at all. I enjoy her very much.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I don't see what's so annoying about her. To me, there's nothing annoying at all. I enjoy her very much.
    Yass! she's one of the highlights of Best Wishes, I love her ditz personality.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Hated the oneshot victory vs Chaobuu. This thing beat two gyms, Ash struggled just getting past them. He should at least have taken more than ONE hit before fainting. Especially considering how pikachu took three.
    So, let me get this right: First people were complaining about Pikachu losing to a Snivy in episode 1, then people complained about it losing to a Panpour in episode 5, and now you're mad about it beating a Pignite?

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    And just Pikachu in general, I want to see more use of the other mons.
    Bianca wanted to battle Pikachu.

This episode was alright. It was great to see Belle for the 1st time. It was cool to see Chaoboo and Chillarmy for the 1st time. Belle is one untidy and disorganized trainer. It was funny when she tried to command Mijumaru and Pikachu to use attacks. It was very cool when Chillarmy got himself caught in a Pokeball after dusting off the Pokeball Belle was holding. It was great to see a battle between Chaoboo and Pikachu, glad to see that Pikachu won. It was cool to find out that Chillarmy also knew attract.

When Chillarmy used attract, the screen showed that the Pokemon saw him as handsome. Belle was a really funny character

69/100
    Last edited by G50; 1st May 2011 at 1:16 PM.

I don't like Bianca's voice...

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    Japanese version - This episode was alright. It was great to see Belle for the 1st time. It was cool to see Chaoboo and Chillarmy for the 1st time. Belle is one untidy and disorganized trainer. It was funny when she tried to command Mijumaru and Pikachu to use attacks. It was very cool when Chillarmy got himself caught in a Pokeball after dusting off the Pokeball Belle was holding. It was great to see a battle between Chaoboo and Pikachu, glad to see that Pikachu won. It was cool to find out that Chillarmy also knew attract.

When Chillarmy used attract, the screen showed that the Pokemon saw him as handsome. Belle was a really funny character

---

For the US Version - What's up with all of the mistakes? Bianca said "Flamethrower" instead of "Flame Charge" twice, she got it right the 3rd time. "Tail Slap" is called "Double Slap" by Cilan, and Minccino accidentally says Chillarmy one time.

Bianca's voice isn't too bad... actually a little better than the Japanese voice.

69/100
    Well since Bianca's Minccino doesn't know Tail Slap and it actually knows and used DoubleSlap, they didn't actually stuff up.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

It's a good episode. Bianca's introduced and a Minccino steals Ash's badge case. It reminds me of the Murkrow episode in Johto and the Snorunt episode in Hoenn. Bianca gets Minccino when it tries to clean the Pokeball. Ash and Bianca have a battle, but she loses. She has a long way to go to be a better trainer.

Is it me, or Bianca is slightly taller than Ash?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast