Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Zoroark: Master of Illusions (M13)

How long until it airs in the US?

They skipped the whole intro. WTH?

Quote Originally Posted by Rentaline99 View Post
    Yeah, that surprised me as well. They started at the title sequence, and I just thought that maybe they moved its place. That would be fine, but they skipped the whole beginning. I guess they needed room for the commercials. >_>

I am disappoint.
    Now, my little cousin is saying where did this all come from? Skiploom evolves into Zorua after falling from the sky?

This might make the movie confusing to people who haven't seen it. It just makes the movie plot seem random...

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Tails View Post
    Yeah, that surprised me as well. They started at the title sequence, and I just thought that maybe they moved its place. That would be fine, but they skipped the whole beginning. I guess they needed room for the commercials. >_>
    Wait, are you speaking about the intro as in Ash vs. Gold and The Pokemon World Prelude?

edit- wait, they skipped the entire whole scene with Zorua escaping from the bad guys and Zoroark being tortured?!

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    Wait, are you speaking about the intro as in Ash vs. Gold and The Pokemon World Prelude?

edit- wait, they skipped the entire whole scene with Zorua escaping from the bad guys and Zoroark being tortured?!
    Yes. They skipped it all. :/

Yes. They skipped it all. :/
    Well, there is always the DVD correct? I'll buy that. When does it release?

The Vigoroth scene is great. Zorua is quite bratty, no? "he he he he he"
    Zorua's dub voice is great; just perfect for a little kid Pokemon. I like how the kids are just so nonchalant about telepathy speaking Pokemon at this point.
    omg Ashrua is hilarious

Zorrrark? Zorark?
    SUPER ZOROARK AWAYYYYYY
    You'd think the vaillains would move their GIANT AIR FORTRESS away from city view to avoid detection.

Celebi the makeshift alarm clock is just silly.

Oh my god the pink haired kid is the most annoying person already. Cammie pedlling Tangrowth is hilarious, though; awwww friendly Mightyena is such a nice change of pace. Remember when everyone thought Zoroark would be a Mightyena evo?
    There guys are so happy to see Celebi back; Surely nothing is going to go wrong!

Zoroark seems perfectly capable of causing fear all by itself, honestly; wait is this guy like an evil reporter? Oh goodness I'm in a James Bond movie aren't I. All things considered this is a very interesting Town Destruction scene I've seen in a while. Although, how much of this is just an illusion

Hahahah holy crap it is the Corrupt the News; Take the World plot.
    I didn't expect the shiny beasts to be the REAL beasts; honestly I thought if anything Zoroark would be the shiny beasts to show their fake.

Ash you idiot. "OH NO legendary Pokemon are destorying the city?!? BUT WHAT ABOUT THE POKEMON BACCERS"
    Mema=mama? Odd change, yet oddly endearing
    Knowing the journalist is from Unova, it suddenly makes a lot of sense as to why he'd know about Zorua & Zoorark so much.

Kodan can see the future? Interesting. (sidenote: Iris' voice is nice)

There's also the mall tour that shows the movie in theaters that started today. I have no clue when the DVD releases.

Wow, I honestly can't believe they skipped all of that. Now we don't know about Nimbasa City either. (Or aren't supposed to.) Stupid CN. That pretty much put a plot hole in the entire thing.

So Cartoon Network loves their commercials so much the cut out the entire opening scenes... lovely now the rest of the movie is going to be confusing as heck, those opening scenes explain why everything is even going on. Ah well, hopefully the DVD comes soon.

At least Zorua's voice is cute, and Kodai's is pretty good. But why change Kurt's name to Carl? I don't really see the point there.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

Quote Originally Posted by catzeye View Post
    This might make the movie confusing to people who haven't seen it. It just makes the movie plot seem random...
    I'm a bit sad you seem to think viewers are idiots. I've gone into this knowing very very little, and even I could put two and two together. I didn't even know there was an extended intro.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyVaati View Post
    So Cartoon Network loves their commercials so much the cut out the entire opening scenes... lovely now the rest of the movie is going to be confusing as heck, those opening scenes explain why everything is even going on. Ah well, hopefully the DVD comes soon.

At least Zorua's voice is cute, and Kodai's is pretty good. But why change Kurt's name to Carl? I don't really see the point there.
    They probably didn't want another character named Kurt considering, you know, Kurt the Pokeball maker.
    Last edited by R_N; 6th February 2011 at 1:32 AM.

I have mixed feelings on Zorua's dub voice. It fits him, but at the same time it sounds really weird when he says "Mee Maa" instead of just "ma" or "mama". It sounds kind of forced.
    Last edited by Hyper Tails; 6th February 2011 at 1:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    I'm a bit sad you seem to think viewers are idiots. I've gone into this knowing very very little, and even I could put two and two together. I didn't even know there was an extended intro.
    I'm not saying I think the viewers are idiots. I just feel that the intro gave a little insight to the rest of the plot. The intro makes everything flow a bit better. I'm not saying you can't get the plot with out it, but the intro helps.

Zorua sounds, quite interesting. It reminds me a bit of Shaymin. Also, was that Lisa Ortiz?

The Vigoroth scene is great. Zorua is quite bratty, no? "he he he he he"
    Zorua's dub voice is great; just perfect for a little kid Pokemon.
    Oh god yes! Thank you D. I can't wait now! At least I can reassured that Zorua has a great dub voice.

Knowing the journalist is from Unova, it suddenly makes a lot of sense as to why he'd know about Zorua & Zoorark so much.
    Hmm... wasn't aware he was actually from Unova. Should have clued into it when he mentioned he'd been "after" Kodai for so long.

(sidenote: Iris' voice is nice)
    Heh?

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Kodai's vision being physically exhausting is actually kind of neat; I don't think I"ve seen a painful interpretation of this before. Oh Time wrinkle, it sounded like Time Riddle

Did they really have to keep Goon, "Goon?"

TANGROWTH SURPRISE

Why does he keep the broadcast going the entire time. You'd think the point would have got across.
    Celebi is kind of petty to stop visiting the town when it withered; it clearly has the power to rejuvinate things.

Zoroark's anguish is really sad. As is Zorua's sadness over trying to find his mema : (
    I like the scene where the Pokemon gang up on Zorua for thinking he's related to all this on purpose; it's just a nice touch to have them do something.

Celebi is the best placator; EVERYONE STOP FIGHTING AND EAT DAMMIT. Mischievous Celebi is so cute.

God Kurt is huge; I figured Brock was roughly the size of a grown man.

Kodai is a very determined villain. Always seems one step ahead and always prepared, too. I like him a lot more than the other villains so far, I think.

Huh, Zoroark in the shadows of the cage looks almost exactly like its Shiny version. Interesting coincidence, or reference to the movie?

See? Celebi could have totally saved the town.
    alsjdbas;bdasbas the Zorua & Zoroark sleeping scene is super adorable

Why would you just come out and admite you're undercover? What if Goon or Kodai were nearby? Or had security tapes?

So Kodai wants to absorb Celebi's time ripple to forever see the future and control the news (basically)? Quite the plot, I must admit. Certainly unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Oh god yes! Thank you D. I can't wait now! At least I can reassured that Zorua has a great dub voice.
    His little giggle is fantastic.
    Hmm... wasn't aware he was actually from Unova. Should have clued into it when he mentioned he'd been "after" Kodai for so long.
    I was wrong, he's from Crown City but I'm guessing he's been to Unova for an extended time. Probably where he got the Woobat hat.

Heh?

/CL
    CN showed a brief bumper for the BW series that starts next week, had a brief clip of Iris saying hello before being zapped by Pikachu.

Ok the movie is finally coming on in three minutes where I live. I always loved the extended music in the begginning even if the lyrics are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by torterra82 View Post
    Ok the movie is finally coming on in three minutes where I live. I always loved the extended music in the begginning even if the lyrics are weird.
    There's no music this time around.

Celebi is kind of petty to stop visiting the town when it withered; it clearly has the power to rejuvinate things.
    Sure... but rejuvenating an entire city? That would take quite a bit of power to do, legendary or not.

Kodai is a very determined villain. Always seems one step ahead and always prepared, too. I like him a lot more than the other villains so far, I think.
    When you're as power hungry as he is (monetary wise), can see into the future, and is as smug as he is, he'd have to be. But, yeah, I agree that he's probably one of the most persistent villains. Also, when you're the head of a company, you kind of want to stay there, so being informed of things is kind of big. He'd have the resources to get that done.

And Rioka has mad video editing skillz, no?

Why would you just come out and admite you're undercover? What if Goon or Kodai were nearby? Or had security tapes?
    They left her in charge of the ship; clearly she could have shut everything down. That, and at this point, Kodai/Goon is more concerned with the Ripple of Time; they wouldn't really care so much about what happens on board, as that's what she's doing there.

So Kodai wants to absorb Celebi's time ripple to forever see the future and control the news (basically)? Quite the plot, I must admit. Certainly unique.
    Remember when he see's himself getting the Time Ripple? Keep that in mind. Best "WTF?" moment of the movie.

His little giggle is fantastic.
    Does it sound close to "kihihihi"? Or is it more like "hihihihihi"?

I was wrong, he's from Crown City but I'm guessing he's been to Unova for an extended time. Probably where he got the Woobat hat.
    Oh. Man, 1 month since seeing the film subbed and I already forgot? Shame...

CN showed a brief bumper for the BW series that starts next week, had a brief clip of Iris saying hello before being zapped by Pikachu.
    Who's voice does it sound closest to?

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra82 View Post
    Yeah, no they aren't doing that this time. Kind of a shame really, but seeing as the format for this movie is drastically different from previous ones, I let it slide. At least the one for movie 12 was done well.

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Good god the time ripple transference sounds incredibly painful. And that's how the town became withered? Yeesh, no wonder Celebi couldn't fix anything. How disastrous.
    And he doesn't care about the town at all; definitely the best villain in the past 12 movies.

Piplup just...just stop going near trees.

The illusion effect is fascinating; looks like any attack done while under Illusion is just a really convincing trick.

Oh right the shiny beasts were still a thing that was happening. Angry Zoroark is free!
    Time for a misunderstood fight scene between 4th gen fanservice and 5th gen promotion.

Poor Celebi & Zorua. Kodai is just plain cruel, nearly chocking Celebi like that.

Oh! The beasts even have their event skills.

Oh hey Togekiss, sup.
    Riona know is not the time to suddenly try hiding yourself! Kodai gets over betrayals quite quickly, already planning.

Nice bit of game mechanic continuity, having Zoroark instantly shed the illusion upon being hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    And Rioka has mad video editing skillz, no?
    Able to destroy landmarks like that and make it seem so real is quite the feat, yes.

They left her in charge of the ship; clearly she could have shut everything down. That, and at this point, Kodai/Goon is more concerned with the Ripple of Time; they wouldn't really care so much about what happens on board, as that's what she's doing there.
    Oh, I guess I missed that. Makes slightly more sense, then.

Does it sound close to "kihihihi"? Or is it more like "hihihihihi"?
    "hihihihi", or the k is very silent.

Who's voice does it sound closest to?
    No idea.

Is it me or does Kodai's vehicle (the floating thing) look like Genosect's head from an angle? Look at the yellow bulbs and you'll see. Also, I hear Zoroark kept its original Japanese voice and perhaps Celebi too, but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    Is it me or does Kodai's vehicle (the floating thing) look like Genosect's head from an angle? Look at the yellow bulbs and you'll see. Also, I hear Zoroark kept its original Japanese voice and perhaps Celebi too, but I'm not sure.
    Celebi's is probably the same, sounds exactly like it did in the 4th movie.

I don't really see the resemblance, by the way.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast