Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Zoroark: Master of Illusions (M13)

I did like the fact that Ash said "I always trust you Brock!"

Shows how much of a big brother he sees Brock. Also the line about Brock an his twin brother was priceless. Also when Dawn just pushed Brock out of the way when he was starting to flirt with officer Jenny.

Bronzer was brotier in this film. Flipping over Kodai's car like it didn't care was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Zorua is so adorable, yet so creepy with his giggles haha. Triforce Saturn even told me that he believe it was like Fawful, from the Mario & Luigi RPG series. I can totally see the resemblance haha.
    Zorua's a troll, plain and simple. Glad to know that his laugh is kept mostly intact. That's what just made him a hit.

I also don't get how Zoroark took pain from Shuppet's Shadow Ball. Since pure Dark types don't take damage from Ghost type moves, I just don't know.
    You're getting your typings mixed up here: Dark isn't affect by Psychic, but ghost still does damage, albeit not effective.

I can't believe that Kodai; such a jerk. However, his role was pretty clever, since he had the ability to see into the Future. Especially how his assistant is actually a agent to get his information, he just knew that she would betray him. It all really came together.
    Definitely one of the better villains we've had. They really set out to make you really want for him to get it in the end (:P). At least Zoroark handles that just fine.

I also like how Ash foreshadows his venture to the next region (Unova), when he promises to visit him and Zoroark, as they were off on the cruise with Carl and Rowena (Kodai's former assistant) back to that region.
    I honestly thought it was hilariously ironic, because he makes no mention whatsoever of this in the anime, yet he doesn't realize that Unova is where they come from. So, he's saying he's going to meet them in a place that he doesn't know about, yet doesn't realize he'll eventually be going to.

And I wish CN didn't have to make the ending credits so small, when the movie ends. I really want to see all thats happening in full view. Since I read that the Rivals, Gym Leaders and Elite Four members are implimented on there somewhere.
    That's gotta suck. Yeah, don't worry, they appear. It's a really neat way of finishing off this saga. Sure, the finale today may have made it more meaningful for the characters, but for the generation in itself, I felt it was the perfect little transition between gens 4 and 5.

Plus, this is when the Baccer tournament is happening, yet it's disappointing to not see it during the movie.
    That tournament is literally the first thing shown during the credits.... wait a sec *checks*

Yup, it's the very first thing they show during the credits.

If you'd like, I could PM you a clip of the subbed Jap credits, so at least you can see what you were missing.

Overall, this was a great movie for the DP saga, yet I'm sad to see this is the last bit of the main series run. Ah, it's been a great 4 years, while watching the DP series. Up to the first episode, the last episode, and the last movie now.
    Oh, it has. TPCI did a surprisingly good job, and I'm just glad I'm still as much of a fan now, as I was then.

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I think this movie was pretty decent compared to the rest of the films. Not my favorite (That spot belongs to Destiny Deoxys and 2nd place is the Darkrai movie), but it's still worth the watch.

I wasn't too happy to find out Cartoon Network cut out ten minutes of the film and the ending credits for their commercials, but it's nothing I can't live without.

During the movie I always thought Meema was just name of Zoruas friend, but during the commercials I realized Mee-ma backwards sounds a lot like 'mommy'.

Though, I've heard people discuss that Zorua is actually adopted, so I'm not gonna push the issue.
    Let me see your Pokemans!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    You're getting your typings mixed up here: Dark isn't affect by Psychic, but ghost still does damage, albeit not effective.
    I was actually thinking I missed something. Before I had second thoughts, I believed that Dark was resistant to Psychic and Ghost. Screwed up mistake on my part. However, it makes sense now of course.

Definitely one of the better villains we've had. They really set out to make you really want for him to get it in the end (:P). At least Zoroark handles that just fine.
    I saw Kodai was on a pretty satisfying level for me. Other villains were great as well, but there was definitely something about Kodai that felt more evil. His visions to see the future, yet to manipulate that power to take over the world's business, that's quite a big power he's got. No wonder he's so successful prior to his appearance. Great character, but I don't like him. When I would say this about the antagonist, then the he/she is doing a great job in that role.

I honestly thought it was hilariously ironic, because he makes no mention whatsoever of this in the anime, yet he doesn't realize that Unova is where they come from. So, he's saying he's going to meet them in a place that he doesn't know about, yet doesn't realize he'll eventually be going to.
    I forgot to mention this in my notes. I wonder if Ash is really going to meet Zorua/Zoroark again. I know this sounds very far fetched, since Movie characters/Pokemon never usually appear in the anime show. It might be great to see them again, though the whole part from this movie was really amazing from Ash. I just loved how I could tell Ash was pointing out to Unova right away; yet he doesn't know about it yet. Quite the irony indeed.

That's gotta suck. Yeah, don't worry, they appear. It's a really neat way of finishing off this saga. Sure, the finale today may have made it more meaningful for the characters, but for the generation in itself, I felt it was the perfect little transition between gens 4 and 5.
    Oh I know there were there already. I was trying my best to watch that very tiny stretched out screen to see when they'd apper. They went by so fast though, but I could tell out a few from when their pictures appeared.

That tournament is literally the first thing shown during the credits.... wait a sec *checks*

Yup, it's the very first thing they show during the credits.

If you'd like, I could PM you a clip of the subbed Jap credits, so at least you can see what you were missing.
    That'd be great actually. I'd love to see it. Better than squinting my eyes and jumping close to the TV screen, haha. But thank you very much.

Oh, it has. TPCI did a surprisingly good job, and I'm just glad I'm still as much of a fan now, as I was then.
    After watching DP, I'm glad to continue watching the show as a fan. I can't wait to see how TPCi performs with the Black/White anime. And from what I've seen, from the commercial today (plus, the special preview), it's already looking great.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

So CN seriously cut out the prologue...wow. And probably just so that they could try and get an episode of Adventure Time into the time slot (really after cutting out the prologue they still seemed to have 15 minutes left to spare to use to broadcast one of their own shows...WTF). :/

EDIT: Actually now I checked...the prologue lasted approximately 10 minutes...an episode of Adventure Time should last approximately 10-11 minutes...holy crap...
    Last edited by FunPika; 6th February 2011 at 1:58 PM.

I wonder why Zoroark didn't have a telepathy voice... I was very ( Turned On ) When I discovered it was Female! I might just soft reset in White just to get a female! And yeah! Why did they skip the intro!? Come on! How much sponsors could a Pokemon movie possibly need!?
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Yeah, Zoroark is female in the movie, but they didn't give any clues that she and Zorua had a gender in the english Dub, from what we've seen of it.

I'm used to Zorua calling Zoroark "Maa" in the original japanese version. "Meema" just sounds a little like a name than "Mama".

Pretty cool movie. Grings Kodai seems like a dangerous man. I feel stupid since I was saying Zorua & Zoroark's names wrong! (Same goes for Raikou.) I like that now Raikou has been in a movie! I don't believe they showed Pokémon Baccer, but then again, I don't really remember. I do have the movie recorded. It does suck that we only saw all of the group's Pokémon at the very end, but whatever. When Zorua & Zoroark were on the boat, I honestly thought it was actually Ash & Pikachu. They do go to Unova soon anyways.
    9/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Aura24 View Post
    Yeah, Zoroark is female in the movie, but they didn't give any clues that she and Zorua had a gender in the english Dub, from what we've seen of it.

I'm used to Zorua calling Zoroark "Maa" in the original japanese version. "Meema" just sounds a little like a name than "Mama".
    You could tell the Zoroark was Female because of it's voice. But I read the preview on this site and learned it was female. Pretty sexy Pokemon now that I think about it!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Also, don't worry about soft resetting your White to get a Female Zoroark. It's set to be a Female already; making it the same Zoroark from the movie!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Wait... They cut out the epilogue?! As in, the farewell to all the characters that appeared throughout the series? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Pretty cool movie. Grings Kodai seems like a dangerous man. I feel stupid since I was saying Zorua & Zoroark's names wrong! (Same goes for Raikou.) I like that now Raikou has been in a movie! I don't believe they showed Pokémon Baccer, but then again, I don't really remember. I do have the movie recorded. It does suck that we only saw all of the group's Pokémon at the very end, but whatever. When Zorua & Zoroark were on the boat, I honestly thought it was actually Ash & Pikachu. They do go to Unova soon anyways.
    9/10
    The english dub pronounces Zoroark's name "Zoro-ark" while in the original version, they say it like "Zo-roark".

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    I wonder why Zoroark didn't have a telepathy voice...
    Well, Zorua did say when Ash and co. first met him that he was told not to talk to humans (strangers in the dub) by Zoroark. Considering that Zoroark had no reason to trust humans until near the end, it's not really a surprise that she didn't talk to anyone. I suppose a "thank you" would've been nice to hear from her, at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    I saw Kodai was on a pretty satisfying level for me. Other villains were great as well, but there was definitely something about Kodai that felt more evil. His visions to see the future, yet to manipulate that power to take over the world's business, that's quite a big power he's got. No wonder he's so successful prior to his appearance. Great character, but I don't like him. When I would say this about the antagonist, then the he/she is doing a great job in that role.
    Hell, according to the tvtropes entry for this movie, I think he's the first villain to hit "complete monster" status. I mean, of the human villains in previous movies, at least they could "potentially" be redeemed (even Zero in GatSW turned over a new leaf during the credits. Markus was just scared of the whole land being turned back to a wasteland. Phantom... he's a pirate, he doesn't count :P. Butler... he just wanted revenge on Team Magma, but he realizes his mistake. Annie and Oakley, they're just thieves. And one of them goes a bit out of control...). Except I think for Masked Marauder. I think they tie.

I forgot to mention this in my notes. I wonder if Ash is really going to meet Zorua/Zoroark again. I know this sounds very far fetched, since Movie characters/Pokemon never usually appear in the anime show.
    You forget, Lugia. The instant Ash meets one in the Whirl Islands, he immediately says the he say one in the Orange Islands. Or, even Lucario. But, that's as far as it's been.

That'd be great actually. I'd love to see it. Better than squinting my eyes and jumping close to the TV screen, haha. But thank you very much.
    Glad to be of service. I just feel bad that so many people got gypped. I mean, it's just the opening and ending, but damn, these things give you extra little tidbits/closure that the main movie ignores.

After watching DP, I'm glad to continue watching the show as a fan. I can't wait to see how TPCi performs with the Black/White anime. And from what I've seen, from the commercial today (plus, the special preview), it's already looking great.
    And knowing what's ahead is just only going to make things sweeter! Out of all the improvements, it's TR that I'm looking forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by FunPika View Post
    So CN seriously cut out the prologue...wow. And probably just so that they could try and get an episode of Adventure Time into the time slot (really after cutting out the prologue they still seemed to have 15 minutes left to spare to use to broadcast one of their own shows...WTF). :/

EDIT: Actually now I checked...the prologue lasted approximately 10 minutes...an episode of Adventure Time should last approximately 10-11 minutes...holy crap...
    Wow. That's actually kind of pathetic that CN would do that. You know I used to feel upset that I couldn't get CN here in Canada (at least, with the service providers I have at my disposal), but seeing what they're doing makes me think that it's not really all that worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    9/10
    If what everyone's been saying is true, and that the opening/end credits were removed, then you did indeed miss out on Pokemon Baccer. It's not a big deal, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by GaZsTiC View Post
    Wait... They cut out the epilogue?! As in, the farewell to all the characters that appeared throughout the series? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!
    From what I've been hearing, it seems so. Just curious, have you seen the movie subbed yet?

/CL

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

When Zorua transformed into Brock and when Ash said he always trusts Brock was my favourite part of this episode.

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/3csxu.png[/IMG]
    a.k.a croag

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Except I think for Masked Marauder. I think they tie.
    Speaking of Iron Masked Marauder, there's something I'm wondering... Do the writers have a thing for choking Celebi? First the IMM chokes Celebi near the end of movie 4, and this time they had Kodai choke Celebi.

I loved it. Kodai was one of the best villains in any of the Pokemon movies. Is it just me or were all of the DP movie villains pokemon, save the 13th?

Fight Between Warriors: Usopp vs Luffy

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Tails View Post
    Speaking of Iron Masked Marauder, there's something I'm wondering... Do the writers have a thing for choking Celebi? First the IMM chokes Celebi near the end of movie 4, and this time they had Kodai choke Celebi.
    Help me in the movement "Do Not Chock Celebis".

Also, I found it a little bit too odd that Zoroark was arguably (and possibly extremely) tough, fending off three Legendary Beasts.

Can't help but find it a bit personal when they do that

Well I'll be, the two most evil villains have both involved Celebi.

The damn thing cannot catch a break, can it?

/CL

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Can't help but find it a bit personal when they do that
    What on earth did you do to the writers to make them go that route, Serebii?

Anyway, the movie is supposed to air again tonight. However, seeing how the schedule says they're airing another one of their shows during that last 15-minute interval, I'm not expecting the prologue to be shown this time either.

When? I saw it in Japanese. Still wanna see it in English.

Fight Between Warriors: Usopp vs Luffy

Quote Originally Posted by Qymaen View Post
    When? I saw it in Japanese. Still wanna see it in English.
    It airs again tonight at 6 PM.

What on earth did you do to the writers to make them go that route, Serebii?
    Maybe he just wants to prove something. Maybe...

Anyway, the movie is supposed to air again tonight. However, seeing how the schedule says they're airing another one of their shows during that last 15-minute interval, I'm not expecting the prologue to be shown this time either.
    It may only be subbed, but I'd be glad to PM you a link for the intro/end credits.

/CL

- Cobaltios

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast