Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Zoroark: Master of Illusions (M13)

Quote Originally Posted by Aura24 View Post
    He couldn't fly as a Skiploom nor a Celebi, since it was only an illusion. It is true though. Since Zorua couldn't fly as a Celebi, he had Bronzor help him fly like one using its Psychic to fool Kodai. I thought it was a little obvious.
    No, but he "became" the Skiploom so that he could safely float down instead of falling to his death.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSplash View Post
    No, but he "became" the Skiploom so that he could safely float down instead of falling to his death.
    I know that. I find Zorua's tail still visible while in human rather interesting. It is possible they based this off the mythical japanese fox, the kitsune, since it too has difficulty hiding its tail when it takes on human form.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura24 View Post
    I know that. I find Zorua's tail still visible while in human rather interesting. It is possible they based this off the mythical japanese fox, the kitsune, since it too has difficulty hiding its tail when it takes on human form.
    That's exactly what they based it off, hence being the "Trickster Fox" Pokemon.

As for what people were saying about Zorua flying in the beginning, Zorua was not flying as a Skiploom, he was floating down. He couldn't control where he was going, which is why he fell on both Team Rocket and the Vigoroth.

Also, while I too think it was due to Bronzor, Zorua flying as Celebi could possibly be seen as Zorua's abilities improving over the course of the movie. Kodai even went as far to say that Zorua had improved in his illusion abilities when he turned in Tangrowth, and he was also able to create the illusion of his home in Unova during the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Tails View Post
    That's exactly what they based it off, hence being the "Trickster Fox" Pokemon.

As for what people were saying about Zorua flying in the beginning, Zorua was not flying as a Skiploom, he was floating down. He couldn't control where he was going, which is why he fell on both Team Rocket and the Vigoroth.

Also, while I too think it was due to Bronzor, Zorua flying as Celebi could possibly be seen as Zorua's abilities improving over the course of the movie. Kodai even went as far to say that Zorua had improved in his illusion abilities when he turned in Tangrowth, and he was also able to create the illusion of his home in Unova during the end.
    That is possible as well..

Well finally foundtimw to fire up the DVR and watch it.

yeah cut out the prologue.. ok CN,.. more commercials yay!

The movie itself was good.. I have NO Idea why waterpokemonmaster, head of pokebeach, trashed this movie so badly when he saw it in japan. I do not know the skill level of his japanese,.. but i think maybe because he did not quite understand what was going on through it. He trashed the movie bad, and it was not that bad at all.

Loved seeing the shiny beasts loved seeing Celebi, loved seeing Zorua and Zoroark. Boy was Zoroark angry! You don't mess with a mama's baby. Thoguh the end was sad about Zoroark,.. pretty much died, or was pretty close to it, and celebi brought it back.. kinda reminded me of the end of the fourth movie when the same happened to Celebi.

Major Boo-urnss to CN for speeding up the end credits and squishing it to the side,.. they always do this not sure why i thought they would otherwise... I wanted to see the baccer stuf but noooooooooooooo didn't evden get to see that baccer scene they showed during their commercial break scenes, the we'll be right back yadda yadda scenes.

Team Rocket floating away at the end, what was weird it was like noone ever knew the trio was around for the entire movie LOL

Other then that I thoguht it was a good movie
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 7th February 2011 at 10:39 AM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Is it just me or did Zoroark sound like Edward Elric making noises?

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    Is it just me or did Zoroark sound like Edward Elric making noises?
    Well, her Japanese VA is Romie Park... who I think did Edward Elric in the Japanese FMA.

That could explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    Major Boo-urnss to CN for speeding up the end credits and squishing it to the side,.. they always do this not sure why i thought they would otherwise... I wanted to see the baccer stuf but noooooooooooooo didn't evden get to see that baccer scene they showed during their commercial break scenes, the we'll be right back yadda yadda scenes.
    If you'd like, I can PM you the opening and ending of the subbed version. At least you'll see it.

/CL
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 7th February 2011 at 9:01 PM.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Thankfully someone had a video up online (will not give away the details) and I had the opportunity to animate two scenes from the movie. I know a couple of frames could be missing, sorry.

Save them on your imaging account; thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    Thankfully someone had a video up online (will not give away the details) and I had the opportunity to animate two scenes from the movie. I know a couple of frames could be missing, sorry.

Save them on your imaging account; thank you.
    Mind telling me how you got them to that size? As you can see in mine, I had to do quite the amount of things to get it within the size limit. Did you use Photoshop? Or some other program that allows you to make .gifs?

Which makes me think, I may consider making a few .gifs of Zorua's illusions.

/CL

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Mind telling me how you got them to that size? As you can see in mine, I had to do quite the amount of things to get it within the size limit. Did you use Photoshop? Or some other program that allows you to make .gifs?

Which makes me think, I may consider making a few .gifs of Zorua's illusions.

/CL
    Basically, I just screen cap the whole scene first off, from the point I want till the end. Next, I crop the entire image so it would only be the scenes (no borders outside of the image). I animate it first to see if it feels fit enough, then I click image> image size to change the proportions (make sure the scale thing isn't locked up so you can have it at a certain degree) to make it smaller. That's basically it. Yes I do use photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    Basically, I just screen cap the whole scene first off, from the point I want till the end. Next, I crop the entire image so it would only be the scenes (no borders outside of the image). I animate it first to see if it feels fit enough, then I click image> image size to change the proportions (make sure the scale thing isn't locked up so you can have it at a certain degree) to make it smaller. That's basically it. Yes I do use photoshop.
    Oh... alright then. What % would you say is the optimal size for these .gifs to avoid screwing around with the colour that would otherwise botch it?

Okay... well, I finally got around to watching the dub, and besides the lack of opening and end credits, I thought it was pretty well handled.

Do you want to know what I'm actually most peeved at? No, not the voices; even Zorua started to sound okay after a while. Not the translations either, as most of it was pretty spot on to what I "read" in the subbed version (minor tweaks, but that's to make the sentences sound right). So what is it? The opening Title.

Allow me to compare:

Spoiler:- "Japanese":

Spoiler:- "English":

Yeah, we got gypped.

But, other than that, I loved it! Also, Sean Schemmel did an excellent job as Kodai. Why is he so damn good at doing villain roles?

Otherwise, pretty good to have it dubbed. Everyone was done quite well here. I'm quite surprised at the variety of people TCPI is getting for this.

Now I just want to know what song they'll use for the Ending Credits.

edit: Oops, just realized just how big those images were. Spoilered them just in case.

/CL
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 8th February 2011 at 5:28 AM.

- Cobaltios

Ever since I learned that Zoroark was Female I can't stop thinking about her arms... Her Legs.... Her lush furry body.... Every time I look at her picture I get that tingley feeling... I don't know what it with me and antropormorphic creatures but... They just have this way of getting into my head...
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Ever since I learned that Zoroark was Female I can't stop thinking about her arms... Her Legs.... Her lush furry body.... Every time I look at her picture I get that tingley feeling... I don't know what it with me and antropormorphic creatures but... They just have this way of getting into my head...
    eew. 10char
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    At first i was like +.+......then i ♥.O'd because that was very descriptive
    " The ability to love, I think, is some kind of psychic ability...~Sabrina"
    Credit to Profile Picture is TheGreenTerror

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Togekiss•Torchic View Post
    At first i was like +.+......then i ♥.O'd because that was very descriptive
    I know... But I`ve also herd from other Pokesexuals that Zoroarks are very hard to mate with... They say it`s like driving a Dodge Viper in the snow. Unless you have alot of skill and I mean alot of skill theres a very good chance your going to die. They told about Zoroarks mating techniech, apparently it involves the Female biting the males neck and digging her claws into the males body... I don't think the human body was designed to take that of abuse. Maybe I should have my Gardevoir do a Memory sweep of my brain...
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

I thought this movie was better then the last one that's for sure. I didn't like Zorua voice it reminded me too much of shaymin. This movie is probably my second favorite Pokemon movie of the Diamond and Pearl series, my favorite one is the Rise of Darkrai.

Default First reply

Konichiwa,users of Serebii.net I am new here,Tsunaski is what you can call me.

Anyway

I just watched the movie on Youtube before it got removed due to Copyright. I fell in love with Zorua! He's too adorable,especially his giggle. I still didn't see the first 10 minutes of the actual movie,though . I could get it on DVD and maybe they'll have the first 10 minutes in it. It was a very great movie,I enjoyed it. I especially liked how some scenes were all sad,very. It almost made me cry. The Pokemon Movies sure have such scenes.
    I will get Black and White and I have the shiny Legendary Beast trio and Ash's Pikachu ready for it so I can get Zorua and Zoroark. When I have a friend code for Black and White,I'll let you know on my profile;.

Voice Actress, they got Colleen O'Shaughnessey to voice Zorua.

Now I'm going to be hearing Genis the whole movie ;_;.

edit: GAH! That laugh reminds me too much of Midna.

/CL
    I thought that the laugh sounded familiar. I personally think that Zorua sounds like a little boy. I got that it was a male right away.
    3DS FC:0533-4900-6084

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in thier shoes, that way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have thier shoes.

Shiny Expert: Xander
    After Xander loses the Unova League, he gets a mysterious call from Prof. Rowan saying that he must come back and see what he's found. Xander has no idea what's in store for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Xman96 View Post
    I thought that the laugh sounded familiar. I personally think that Zorua sounds like a little boy. I got that it was a male right away.
    They use female voice actors for young boy characters a lot in anime............
    Zoroark and Zorua FTW!!!!!

It was an ok movie. If the movies are canon, we now know a reason why Ash went to Unova and a slim possibility of meeting those two again. THough my favorite movie would still be Spell of the Unown and Voice of the Forest.
    My Pokemon Friend Codes:

Diamond:4983-5430-4342

Gah! I wanted to post here last week, but I somehow didn't. Okay, so this is what I said (rather dramatically) when I watched the movie:

- When I saw Zorua and heard her (it's a her, right?) cute little laugh, I was like, "Oh, that little Zorua is so CUTE! I want her as a pet so I could pet her on the head all day!"

- When I saw Zoroark using Night Burst or something, I was like, "0_o Wow."

- When I saw Karl's (I think that was his name) totally cool Woobat hat, I was like, "Wow, his hat has a WOOBAT on it! Hurray! Zorua and Zoroark aren't the only Generation Five things here!"

- When I saw the Zoroark-created Entei, Raikou, and Suicune terrorizing the city, I was like, "Whoa, that looks so scary and so EPIC at the same time..."

- When I saw that Rowena was working undercover, I was like, "Hurray! So she's not a bad guy after all! She is going to be SO useful."

- When I saw Zorua biting Kodai's illusion canceler, I was like, "Yes! You are awesome, Zorua! Haha, Kodai! IN YOUR FACE!"

- When I saw Celebi getting the energy from the time portal, I was like, "Um, how did Celebi do that? I thought Kodai got the energy already!" To this day, I still don't know how Celebi did that. It would please me greatly if someone could explain it to me.

- When I saw the end of the story, I was like, "Wow! That was a great movie! I loved it!"

- And... when I saw that Cartoon Network sped up the credits, I was like, ">( WHY DID YOU DO THAT, CARTOON NETWORK?"

Yes, I am a drama queen.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Zorua is a male pokemon

I thought the movie was pretty good. As some guy said before, way better than the last movie...
    GAMES ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    1st Prize in Caption Contest 7/15/11
    Won a Cool Vuvuzela in Pokémon Assembler!

Currently, I have an obsession with the Litwick line's tendency for sucking souls out.
    Fan Fics Stuff!
    i love pokémon is not only on Serebii, it's now on FanFiction.net!
    Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno_rocks View Post
    - When I saw Celebi getting the energy from the time portal, I was like, "Um, how did Celebi do that? I thought Kodai got the energy already!" To this day, I still don't know how Celebi did that. It would please me greatly if someone could explain it to me.
    Kodai was basically getting the "illusion" created by Zoroark. It was part of getting Kodai to admit that he was responsible for the events 20 years ago. Hence why it cut to Zoroark's eyes so you could tell that what was happening was indeed an illusion.

Celebi went for the real deal.

And if you're annoyed about the end credits deal, PM me, and I can send you a subbed version of it. Sure, it may not be in "English", but you'll still understand it.

/CL

- Cobaltios

Kodai was basically getting the "illusion" created by Zoroark. It was part of getting Kodai to admit that he was responsible for the events 20 years ago. Hence why it cut to Zoroark's eyes so you could tell that what was happening was indeed an illusion.

Celebi went for the real deal.

And if you're annoyed about the end credits deal, PM me, and I can send you a subbed version of it. Sure, it may not be in "English", but you'll still understand it.

/CL
    Thank you! It makes much more sense now. I almost NEVER fully understand Pokemon movies the first time I see them. I often have to do some careful thinking, or, if I'm really stumped, I end up asking other people for their interpretations. XP

Nah, I'm not THAT annoyed with the end credits. They're just... mildly irritating.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast