Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Zoroark: Master of Illusions (M13)

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    I have NO Idea why waterpokemonmaster, head of pokebeach, trashed this movie so badly when he saw it in japan. I do not know the skill level of his japanese,.. but i think maybe because he did not quite understand what was going on through it. He trashed the movie bad, and it was not that bad at all.
    I asked the exact same thing after I'd got done watching a subbed version. Compared to the last few DP movies we've had, this? Was actually quite good. I can barely remember what happens in Darkrai's movie, and I can scarcely remember anything from Shaymin's and Arceus's (outside of Regigigas and Notched-Ear Pichu respectively).
    And I think I actually shed a tear with what happened near the end with Zoroark, whereas Lucario just got an upset smile from me, after watching both subbed AND dubbed.

The plot was straightforward, but engaging; the relationship between Zoroark and Zorua was established strongly, you feel a sense of relief, even "completion" when the two finally reunite; the shiny Beasts, as said, weren't as tacked on as most Legends in the last few movies, and even had a decent amount of screentime; the majority of characters were likable, especially the lead Pkmn; and the illusionary tricks honestly got me almost every time (the first use of illusions for the beasts; Kodai's illusions of Zorua to lure Zoroark; the Celebi/time portal illusions; even the ship).

Maybe I'm just easy to please, but I was very satisfied with the way this movie went. I was starting to worry, after the lackluster/forgettable performances of the DP movies.

I can honestly say, we've got a strong pair of mascots for this generation. I've never been one to follow mascots... but for these two, I could make an exception.

~MEWTWO RETURNS AT LAST!~

I didn't like how the dub skipped the opening where we saw Ash, Dawn and Brock watching the Boccer match......
    It explained a lot of the movie, and without it we didn't get to see how Zorua escaped or how Kodai was using Zoroark.
    Zoroark and Zorua FTW!!!!!

A complicated plot, true to the principles of a Pokemon movie. It is a worthy send-off to the D/P/Pt saga. The remix of the Full Celebi theme from Pokemon 4ever was what made me happy. That theme is grand.
    Il Gran Velenatore del Poke-mondo.
    The Great Poisoner of the Pokeworld.

Toy Fair, Pokemon

In the video, you will notice the DVD for Zoroark: Master of Illusions.

That can only mean 1 thing; we're going to be getting it soon!

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Seems like Cartoon Network cut the first ten minutes without TCPi's permission.

Nice to know they'll keep the cut parts in the future.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyVaati View Post
    Seems like Cartoon Network cut the first ten minutes without TCPi's permission.

Nice to know they'll keep the cut parts in the future.
    Yeah but when will "the future" be? Months, years from now? Who knows when CN will bother to air the movie again.

Day-uhm,the main villain Kodai trumps the other Pokemon anime villains in pure evilness

Let me elaborate.Okay,this guy's basically a cut-throat executive.Okay,I can get behind that,he could be a bit friendly-oh wait,what's that?He got his power via reducing the city to a wasteland,and he fully knew.Well,that's that's teetering on the moral event horizon.But there's still-huh?He not only threatens Zoroark by saying "don't fight against me,or your kid's dead",but the moment she has no use he kills her,and enjoys it?Yeah,he's more evil than Hunter J.At least she didn't enjoy the pain of her victims-Kodai decided to one-up her by being a spiteful sadist.Only Ghestis is Pokemon villain higher on the Evil-O-Meter
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

This movie was pretty good, though I didn't know it was cut in the beginning. It was nice to see Zoroark and Zorua in the 4th Generation movie, when they actually came from the 5th Generation.

Also nice to see Suicune, Entei, Raikou, and Celebi here as well, good to see that they had major roles.

I don't like this movie as much as the older ones. Lately, I've been hating that the featured Pokemon can talk. I really don't like that.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

I really enjoyed the movie. Kodai really pissed me off which is the sign of a good villain for me. I read a few of the past post and don't see how there was confusion that zorua was a boy. I got the impression that Zorua was young and still growing. Little boys don't sound like grown men and even without significant base in the voice I could tell it was more masculine than anything. The nature of it seemed more boyish as well. I know the voice actor is actually a female but I think she did a good enough job to pass as a young boy.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

This was an awesome Movie. Probably my favorite Pokemon Movie. Zorua was an awesome character! He was funny an cute. I liked when he turned into everyone. I liked how he called Zoroark Mema. Zoroark was so awesome! I loved all the action in this movie. Kodai was a very evil and very interesting character. I liked Carl and Roweena they were cool. It was cool seeing journalists. The Three Legendary Beasts we so cool and awesome too. I like how they were shiny. It was cool seeing Celebi! Celebi was a very cool character to have in the movie.

Well, it's about to air in the UK.. I'll update you all if we get the intro aswell

EDIT: YES!! WE'VE GOT THE INTRO FROM THE BEGGINNING!!!!
    Last edited by s2daam; 26th February 2011 at 10:25 AM.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    Well, it's about to air in the UK.. I'll update you all if we get the intro aswell

EDIT: YES!! WE'VE GOT THE INTRO FROM THE BEGGINNING!!!!
    YES!!!! Just started watcing it as well! Don't like the fact that its on CITV tough too early in the morning but i think also after the movie ends that the final episode of sinnoh league victors will show which makes sense so that the movie actually takes place before the end.

I enjoyed it

of course now I want a Zorua even more <<

can anyone upload the ending song?

Say what you will about the story of the film, but that ending song combined with the way the credits said goodbye to all the dp characters over the years was worth it for me, very touching.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Ending song? Yikes, I hate you, cartoon network! D:<

Anyway, I think it was a touching movie. Those guys know how to make me cry.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/29krqle.jpg[/IMG]
    SS FC: 3095 0579 5401. Black FC: 2795 1247 0008 X FC: 4270 1776 0283

please click them?
    My shinys:

I saw it in FULL yesterday in the Movie Theatre and it really is great. I loved how they started the whole movie with Ash battling Gold/Ethan where he had a Donphan and Ash had Pikachu!

Remind anyone of any other movie? Exactly! ;D

Also, the ending song was really sort of cheesy if you ask me. All the Japanese endings blow the Dub out of the water anyways.

This movie was really cool. Zorua and Zoroark are so cool! It was great seeing the Shiney Raikou, Entei, and Suicune in this movie. It was great to have Celebi back again for a very important role. Zorua and Zoroarks' illusions are really cool and funny. It was funny to see Zorua changing into Pikachu, Ash, Brock, and Dawn. The bad guy really hurt Zoroark a lot, especially in the beginning. Zorua is definitely 1 major Mischievious Pokemon.

80/100

Zoroark: Master of Illusions airs tomorrow at 2:00 on YTV for us Canadians.

Hopefully we get the full thing.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Yes! YTV aired the whole thing, including the first 10 minutes and the credits.

I enjoyed the movie much more and I understood it better too.

The ending song was great. It was called 'I Believe In You' by Erin Bowman. It's stuck in my head now. Somebody should upload it when it airs on the west coast.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I saw the movie at the Black and White Tour. It's been a long time since I saw a Pokemon movie in theaters (the last one I remember was Pokemon 4ever). It was a great movie, though I only missed some of the begining. There was an intriguing plot, an antagonist that would go so far to accomplish his own selfish goals, and great scenes. The audience laughed at the funny parts, like the ones where Zorua turns into humans. Overall, I had a good time.

Master of Illusions will on Cartoon Network again, Saturday today. Hopefully the full version of the movie will show.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura24 View Post
    Master of Illusions will on Cartoon Network again, Saturday today. Hopefully the full version of the movie will show.
    It is the full version

That's good :3

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast