Thread: I just couldn't resist (OU)

Default I just couldn't resist (OU)

As OU in 4th Gen is dropping in originality and the coming of 5th Gen, I decided to wait a small while before getting back to it again.

This team was based around the Support of DD Tyranitar but also by having Tyranitar's Sandstorm aid the rest of my team. The Stalling ability in the Sandstorm allows me to weaken the enemy to be Revenge Killed or sweeped Late Game.

I also finally dipped into Team Options for pokemon, and I found it to be incredibly succesful. Cresselia, Tyranitar, Celebi, and Zapdos all come together in great harmony for a +6 Sweep. And in case you didn't know, this is fourth Generation.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 Spe
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Draco Meteor
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Fire Blast
    - Earthquake
    Dragonite is my choice for an Anti-Lead, since I'm not a huge fan of using Hazards and having them blown away. I have no room for a Spinblocker, so why not just have my opponent waste a slot on a Spinblocker they won't use?

Dragonite counters most of the leads in the game with this set. He also effectively handles Infernape and Jirachi, two commonly seen Anti-Leads, since he cannot flinch. Draco Meteor handles the ever existent Swampert and Hippowdon. Extremespeed let's me finish picking off the remains of my opponent without ever being outsped thanks to +1 priority. Fire Blast handles Forretress, Skarmory, Jirachi, Metagross...the list continues. Earthquake allows me to chase after Heatran Leads and Metagross, who I will outspeed with 4 Spe EVs, if it has had an Occa Berry.

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Aqua Tail
    The BOSS. One of the most hyped pokemon to exist, and for a good reason. Even though Dragon Dance has almost no potential to most people, he can force a switch and dance. He now has the combined stats of both Band and Scarf sets. Sand Stream allows me to stall a bit with Celebi (who with Sandstorm will outstall a Choice Gengar if it uses Focus Blast) and Zapdos (Who has SubRoost and Toxic.) He also has Cresselia for some support, barriers and healing too.

Crunch is an excellent STAB move that cannot be denied. Stone Edge is that other STAB move. Aqua Tail can handle bulkier ground types like Hippowdon or Gliscor, who this team has problems with.

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Grass Knot
    - Recover
    - Thunder Wave
    - Earth Power
    Celebi offers Tyranitar support to some of it's weaknesses, and Tyranitar does the same. It's ability to stall in the sandstorm has won me a number of victories. I won't change it without consultation.

Grass Knot can hit Swampert and Hippowdon. Recover just to abuse it. Thunder Wave can help out every pokemon on my team, and makes Dragon Dancing even easier. Earth Power hits Heatran, Jircahi, Magnezone...

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Roost
    - Thunderbolt
    - Toxic
    Zapdos closes up the holes in both Celebi and Tyranitar, resisting pretty much the rest of their remaining weaknesses.

SubRoost is an effective stalling set, with the raw power to just... sit there. Roost gives it a method to heal, and avoid pesky Ice attacks. Thunderbolt because it needs something to do behind a Substitute, Toxic works in conjunction with the sandstorm and... oh god.

Cresselia @ Light Clay
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 40 SDef / 68 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Lunar Dance
    - Ice Beam
    Cresselia is a much beloved pokemon on this team, the support that will almost always lead to a Tyranitar sweep.

Reflect and Light Screen shoot Tyranitar's defenses over the roof: enough to allow it to never be OHKO'd by Scizor's Bullet Punch with a positive nature, Swords Dance and max EVs. Yeah.

Lunar Dance will fully repair a sweeper, most notably Tyranitar. Ice Beam gives it an effective method of attacking. Cresselia is more talk, less action, but effective nonthless.

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - ThunderPunch
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    When's the last time you've seen this? Never, right? The good thing about Metagross is that it is so unexpected, people think it's an AgilityGross, and don't know how to beat it when they mispredict.. It speed ties with base 130's with beneficial natures and max EVs. This means Magnezone is not Problem. He makes an incredible revenge killer.

Thunder Punch hit's Water Pokemon and Meteor Mash is for the STAB. Earthquake is to cover things and Explosion is just epic. He works like Heatran without the bonus STAB, but also without a second weakness.

Definitly my most effective team. I love it.
    Please rate away~

Hey, um well im in your clan.... so just thougt i let you know that i will rate and help build teams for your clan. Only if you like it of course :P

On with rate..

Ok the team looks goods, nothing to noticable though. But i see that your week to SD Scizor. I find more and more of these coming out. With a safe switch in and you switch giving him a free SD is dangerous. Bug bite takes out Celebii no question. Wth your tyrantar i ran some calc's to comfirm my suspision.

VS your tyranitar
    Standrad SD scizor deals: 774 - 912 / 226.3% - 266.7%

VS your Cressilia
    Standard SD Scizor deals: 576 - 680 / 129.7% - 153.2%

Light screen against Cressila Deals : 64.9% - 77%

So thats just the bug threats you might want to go into dragonite to fire blast it but a bullet punch OHKO it. thats without reflect up. wth reflect up it does. 44.9% - 53.3% With SR up thats could mean a dead dragonite. So what i recommend is if you dont want a very weak metagross or a lot of pokemon fainted. That you change you Zapdos' Toxic to Heat Wave or This Set to this :

Zapdos @ Life Orb / Leftovers

EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe or instead of SpD 228 Def
    Nature : Calm/Bold
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Roost
    ~ Hidden Power(Grass)
    ~ Heat Wave

One more thing.. Suicune. It causes a big threat so i recommend that you wach those carefully. That can cause a problem without Metagross.., You cover it nice but its just a extra procaution. If you have problems with it you can PM me and think of something to handle it. But right now i have to go.

Hope this helps, PM for any concerns or questions.