Thread: Questions

Question Questions

i dont know if this is the right place to post these..so here is go
    1)if you breed a pokemon from a hacked pokemon with perfect IVs will the newborn be hacked or not?
    2)are there any tricks to find out if a pokemon has hacked IVs?
    3)guys from smogon have lots of pokemon with IVs like 31/20/31/31/31/31 and they say that are not hacked.how is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond View Post
    1)if you breed a pokemon from a hacked pokemon with perfect IVs will the newborn be hacked or not?
    3)guys from smogon have lots of pokemon with IVs like 31/20/31/31/31/31 and they say that are not hacked.how is this possible?
    1. Depends on who you ask. I don't recommend using hacks to often.

2. Other than working out they have Max IV that really all you can do.

3. There is a small chance for getting 5 perfect IVs. They've worked the chances for it.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    3. There is a small chance for getting 5 perfect IVs. They've worked the chances for it.
    im sorry but I beg to differ, I am an IV Breeder and I must say for me, about 2/5 have IV's like that. perfect ivs are not so rare either if you are breeding the right pokemon, some natures are exteremely rare while many are quite common. Sorry if this sounded rude, i do not mean to sound like a "flamer". I could just be really lucky although, I have no idea about how it is down in the coding
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/t9a1b7.jpg[/IMG]
    HG friend code : 4340 7324 1742
    Black Friend code : 1635 3818 5907

Quote Originally Posted by Grand~Kingdra View Post
    im sorry but I beg to differ, I am an IV Breeder and I must say for me, about 2/5 have IV's like that. perfect ivs are not so rare either if you are breeding the right pokemon, some natures are exteremely rare while many are quite common. Sorry if this sounded rude, i do not mean to sound like a "flamer". I could just be really lucky although, I have no idea about how it is down in the coding
    Ok, you can make it easier.

But still 5 perfect IVs is not 1 in 100, its a lot harder find, even if you've got good parents. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20650

Admittedly, HGSS Changes may have tools increase your chances, but still, you may not find the right Pokémon in your first box.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

1.) Technically a hack-checker wouldn't catch it because coding-wise, it would have been normally generated by the game. But it would probably be considered frowned upon by most.
    2.) Not that I know of that don't involve hacking to look at the PID (in which case, yes, technically there is a way). In some instances with caught shinies, there are impossible IV combinations, but other than that, it'd be hard to tell without hacking into things yourself (which I always thought seemed counter-intuitive..).
    3.) They were probably RNGed. Other than that, the chances of getting IVs like that are very slim (but not impossible).
    3DS FC:1848 2955 3635 IGN: Cannibal

Free Pokemon for you! =D
    No longer taking RNG requests at the moment; too busy squeeing over X and Y. x)

I can breed in English and German in Kalos. ;o

2/23/2014: National Pokedex completed! =D

1) Technically no

2)Yes, there are certain iv combos that are illegal (only for wild pokemon, they don't apply to bred pokemon, and PID's can be checked as well for either)

3)It's not that hard to breed a quintflawless pokemon, I myself have done it quite a few times. Most people on smogon use a method called Rng Abuse