Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Night in the Nacrene City Museum! (673)

So it's summer once again for me, so back to episode reviews. I haven't watched an episode in a few weeks (just kept an eye on the screenshots and read what others have written), so I don't want to jump to too many conclusions about anything.

This is a weird episode, but not so b/c of the ghostly happenings. I wasn't quite sure what to make of the "feud" b/w Iris and Cilan, whether it was just for comedic purposes, or there was a also a deeper meaning to it, relating to the subject matter. It became less and less funny as the argument b/c more and more heated, until Ash finally said, "Whatever" to one of Cilan's explanations-meaning, in the end, it really didn't matter whether the happenings were supernatural or science-related. Cilan eventually admitted as much that he was saying these explanations not based upon a careful inspection of what was going on around him, but b/c he just believed in science and was making up explanations to fit the situation (he eventually said that he didn't believe what he was saying anymore). I'm not a big fan of that sort of thing, and Ash himself isn't really that type of character (he's usually very honest, even if that means being stupidly honest at times); it's a little outside my realm of understanding to see that type of argument in this episode, and I guess I was a little happy that Ash and I were somewhat on the same page on that. I know that this sort of thing is common in kids shows, so I'm not criticizing the episode for seeing this sort of thing. But, on the flip side, I never understand why these things pop up in kids shows to begin with, so I'm not going to praise it.

Another thing that often shows up in kids shows is to make adults seem like cowards or real suck-ups. The museum guy is not someone you're likely to meet in real life, and he's the definition of a kid's show adult. I guess what was most interesting is that he's married to the gym leader lady, and the two must have quite an interesting relationship, just based on their differences in personality. You get the feeling the gym leader lady really runs things in that marriage. I hope you'll humor me on this one, but in one of my classes this past semester, my teacher was this really pretty, funny lady, but she wasn't married-and she wasn't the type of lady who would have objected to a marriage, I don't think, as she talked about some of her luck on dates. I had some fun with that (I've never been on a date myself), and called her my gf on facebook. When I told her about it at the end of the semester, she wasn't too thrilled. And really it wasn't the right thing to do. But I always meant to ask her why she wasn't married or didn't have any luck there (I actually did, but she didn't answer). Looking at the marriage that's in this episode, I wonder how realistic it is; it really might be, so that's fun to think about.

This episode didn't really make me laugh nor did it leave a lasting impression on me, but it did keep my interest. I have to admit that I'm skeptical how the pokemon had so much power, seemingly, but it was helpless to retrieve the mask on its own, and hence this misunderstood story. But it's still an okay episode.

It's about time we make it to Nacrene City. Unfortunately, I only caught half of the episode this morning, and it was decent to say the least.

Apparently Cilan doesn't believe in ghosts, and has to make up physics theories to explain what he calls the truth in mischievous events.

However, after I red the Dex entries for Yamask, this episode was pretty sad on the Pokemon's part. Showing how much it cries when it looses its mask, or if it even looks at it occasionally. I always found Yamask an interesting Pokemon with a back story.

Lenora was pretty cool too, and her voice is plausible. I just expected something different.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I like how they gave her a black women voice!

I love this episode! I've been looking forward to it since it was released in Japan. I love plots that incorperate mind control/brainwashing/etc. It might seem kinda weird, but I like it.
    ~Made By PrincessSarahEm on DeviantArt
    ~ Flute picture aquaticdivinity from deviantArt
    << Please clicky

This episode was pretty good. As much as I prefer fully evolved pokemon, Yamask is one of those rare exceptions for me and it was cool to see him on the show. I also like how Cilan kept poking holes in Iris' theories.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

It's a good episode. I find funny that Iris challenges Cilan about supernatural stuff and he keeps trying to give logical explanations. Next episode will be a Gym Battle, I can't wait to see it.

I really like this episode, it was well constructed I thought and it was really interesting to watch. At first it was that common storyline when a man sees a ghost and no one else can see it no matter what the man tries to do but then the gang go camping (sounds like trouble). Oh I forgot and the Iris and Cilan fued/disagreement/just doing it to annoy each other has already begun. I really enjoyed the 'banter' between Iris and Cilan but I think Cilan held onto his scientific argument a bit too far and it just got annoying. Finally, Yamask a cute pokemon if I must say even though it is a ghost. I thought it was a good little story about it losing its mask and it would do anything to get it back.

I'll comment on lenora next week when we see more of her.

Overall, great episode
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I overall loved this episode. Great humour with Dent being a science nerd like me. Cool to see Yamask debut and Watchog,even though it looks completely freaky. 10/10

Great episode, even if Cilan got annoying with his increasingly ridiculous theories.

Lenora's apron was paint-edited out of every scene she was in.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Iris and Cilan were very entertaining in this episode. The episode didn't focus on Ash very much, but when it did all he seemed to talk about was a gym battle which was clearly not going to happen seeing as how the gym leader wasn't around. He really was acting like...well, a kid.

The episode was abover average for a pre-gym battle episode. Set this episode up in any of the previous seasons and it would have featured Team Rocket trying to steal something from the museum, only to be stopped by the gym leader and blasted off by Ash and Pikachu.

Irish should have caught Yamask. She needs a battler until Axew learns how to battle and Excadrill starts following commands.

8/10
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

Oh, can't wait for the scene where she removes the apron in the next ep.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post

It'll probably be edited.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Haha Vizard Cilan was a total bada**. That alone made this episode for me.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

This was an enjoyable episode. Iris isn't as annoying as she usually is so that's a plus. Cilan and Iris debating was interesting, along with Cilan's rediculous Science theories; its like he's in denial. I wonder why no one noticed the Purple outline on the suit of armor, as that should be a dead (excuse the pun) give-away that a Pokemon was involved. I sort of wish that Yamask-Cilan happened longer though. Just picture Cilan flying around the room chasing everyone!

Interesting that Japan redrew Lynora for us; they must want to make sure she isn't the next Jynx (which she isn't, never will be, and never was). . I must say that Watchog's Illuminate ability looks odd. Can it turn itself into a lightbulb whenever it wants? I'd probably just let it use Flash, but whatever.

Both Lynora and Hawes had good voice actors in my book. I'm disappointed that Yamask didn't had Bayleaf's voice actor/actress though, as James' Yamask in Japan sounds a lot like Bayleaf's English voice actor. Despite this, Yamask's english voice is tollerable so I'll stop my complaining.

Overall I fine pre-gym episode.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

I'm sure they will just remove that part. Kinda weird to remove the apron though...

Kinda odd how sometime people can be skeptical, despite ghost types are known to exist..

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Who cares the apron is gone?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Who cares the apron is gone?
    I care because we could receive a scene like this in the next episode.

Lenora: Let's start! *Removes apron*

Iris: Hey, why were you wearing an apron just now?

Lenora: Was making some breakfast for my cutie-pie here before the battle. *winks*

Hawes: *Burps*

Also, the actual episode was brought to you by low-frequency waves.

Funniest episode in a while mostly due to Iris and Cilan's supernatural vs. science debates. They wanted to figure out what was happening and prove each other wrong and Ash is just in the middle of the argument like "Dude, I just want my gym battle already." It's just too bad Cilan didn't start acting like Jim Carrey when he put on the mask lol. How interesting would that have been? Sssssssmokin'! Loved Lenora's VA by the way, very nice voice for her.

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

Wow I can't believe they actually removed it -__- lol

This episode was okay, nothing too special about it. Cilan and Iris debating with each other was funny, as well. Now we're on to the gym match.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Wow I can't believe they actually removed it -__- lol
    It was removed due to Aunt Jemimah being a copyrighted figure. People get over it!

This episode was enjoyable, but not too special. The next episode should be great. It's good to see the whole trio conversing actively, and Iris and Cilan's debate was funny. There was about ten seconds of fantastic action when Watchog appeared, and even while Ash took out his Pokédex, nothing slowed down. The music was tense and the angle was constantly changing. Why can't it be like that all of the time?! Also, Lenora's dub voice is perfect! It's the best piece of voice casting since Iris and Cilan.

It's good to see the whole trio conversing actively
    That's what I liked best about this episode. I hate it when it's usually Ash conversing with the character of the day while Cilan and Iris just kind of stay back and say a couple of lines of observations now and then.

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

Even though I saw episode screencaps before watching the dub, I didn't notice this before. Not that I'm complaining like most people, but this is interesting.

they pronounce cofagrigus weirdly lol

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast