Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Night in the Nacrene City Museum! (673)

They most likely removed the apron to match up with her updated Pokemon art. The first one had her wearing the apron, but after the games were released in Japan, her art got updated with her carrying it over her shoulder.

...Though it might not make the cut in the next episode.

Wow, they actually did edit Lenora in the anime huh? I heard people talking about the possibility, but I never thought that they'd actually do it. If someone hadn't posted that comparison, I honestly wouldn't have noticed a difference. I watched the last half of the dubbed episode, and I have to admit that I liked Cilan's voice while he was possessed. I also liked Lenora's voice since it sounded different from what we've heard before. Hawes had a terrible voice, IMO.

I loved the new episode, just as all the other ones.
    Also, I just gotta love the NEW team rocket. They're no longer on that quest for pikachu in every single episode, and they're more "mysterious", professional and stealthy. It fits so well, after 600 episodes of them just repeating their motto, tries to catch pikachu, fails, and blasts off again.
    (Although I didn't see any season 11,12 or 13 episodes, though)
    I found shiny Litwick at the 5290th RE.
    Current Black Team:

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    I care because we could receive a scene like this in the next episode.

Lenora: Let's start! *Removes apron*

Iris: Hey, why were you wearing an apron just now?

Lenora: Was making some breakfast for my cutie-pie here before the battle. *winks*

Hawes: *Burps*

Also, the actual episode was brought to you by low-frequency waves.
    That'd be pretty funny.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

I haven't seen the U.S. versiom yet but by looking at the comparision is Lenora darker in the english version?

Hawes had a terrible voice, IMO.
    I thought he kinda sounded like Shaggy from Scooby Doo especially with the way his voice would crack now and then. Funny also considering this was an episode about a ghost and haunted house (museum in this case.)

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

Hawes has an interesting voice, sounds like I've heard it before but I can't find his voice actor on bulbapedia.

Lenora sounded nice.

Yamask and Watchog were fine as well.

I loved Cilan and Iris' back and forth.

I enjoyed it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

This episode made me wish the in-game version of Nacrene City had brightly painted buildings. Guess I'll have to imagine them!
    Pokémon Runner Challenge

Kahuna
    106.95 miles

I tried to get a full shot of lenora if anyone was interested with and without her apron. I'm sure not many of you care but I did so I thought i'd share it with you.

Apoligies in advance for the size.

Spoiler:- Comparison:
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
        Spoiler:- Comparison:
    Why would the dubbers remove the apron? I find it kind of pointless. After all, the Game Lenora has an apron.

Overall, nice little filler episode (it may be a filler, but it's cool and spooky). Hawes and Lenora both had nice voices (Lenora especially, and Hawes did indeed sound like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo).

My favorite part of the episode has to be Iris and Cilan debating, Science vs. Religion (sort of). Cilan is definitely starting to fill the Brock-shaped hole in the Pokemon Anime world. I like his character and love for logic and reasoning (which seem to be deteriorating in the Pokemon world... ).
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

The dub did not remove Lenora's apron. It was an edit done by the writers. No dubbing coming can do an edit that professional. Work on this episode started way before the change to Lenora's Sugimori artwork (in the new one she has her apron slung over her shoulder) was made. And by the time the new one appeared the episode was too far along for them to go back and make any changes. But they had time to edit it for the international releases and any future re-airings in Japan.

This is happened before with the Croagunk Festival episode in the Diamond and Pearl series. When this episode (and the other 2 episodes Lenora appears in) is rerun in Japan the version were Lenora doesn't have her apron will most likely be shown. It's kind of funny that anyone would think a dubbing company can do an edit of this scale- TPCI wouldn't be able to redraw and reanimate Lenora's body without it looking shoddy. Because it was a professional edit, I didn't even notice she was missing her apron until I saw it mentioned in the Bulbagarden forums.

Yeah I quite liked this episode, and I mean, THANKS they're finally progressing past the silly fillers. I love Nacrene City, and I wish more of its cultured artistic aspect could transpire a bit more in the games. It was a cool episode, and Lenora was awesome. I can't wait for the next episode when we get to see the first proper battle in a while (well, I'm still waiting, all the previous ones have tended to be one way).

The only thing that annoyed me was Cilan blaming everything on high frequency waves and magnets. I understand in BW there's a theme of contrasts and accepting opposite opinions, but sometimes the writing becomes stupid.
    Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Yeah I quite liked this episode, and I mean, THANKS they're finally progressing past the silly fillers. I love Nacrene City, and I wish more of its cultured artistic aspect could transpire a bit more in the games. It was a cool episode, and Lenora was awesome. I can't wait for the next episode when we get to see the first proper battle in a while (well, I'm still waiting, all the previous ones have tended to be one way).

The only thing that annoyed me was Cilan blaming everything on high frequency waves and magnets. I understand in BW there's a theme of contrasts and accepting opposite opinions, but sometimes the writing becomes stupid.
    Oooh, believe me. There was a hidden, good reason for Cilan to act like that. You'll have to wait to see what that reason is.

Damn! I wanted Lenora to sound like Wendy Williams!!!
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Nyter09 View Post
    Damn! I wanted Lenora to sound like Wendy Williams!!!
    How you doing? lol

Random : PokéRadar

OMG i just posted about this on "Favorite pokemon" (dragonite, the skeleton) and i see the picure

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    Oooh, believe me. There was a hidden, good reason for Cilan to act like that. You'll have to wait to see what that reason is.
    ....but...it won't be as epic as it was in JP...:<
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    How you doing? lol
    OMG YES! That or Orprah

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    When this episode (and the other 2 episodes Lenora appears in) is rerun in Japan the version were Lenora doesn't have her apron will most likely be shown.
    Well at least rerun on Kids Station wasn't edited.

As soon as I saw the coffin on the poster at the beginning of the episode, I knew what the ep was going to be about ;P.

Anyways, I really liked this episode. Yamask and Cofagrigus are probably my favorite ghost pokemon and I loved Yamask's voice . Cilan was kind of annoying at the beginning how he kept denying that ghosts exists... But I'm glad that Yamask was somewhat "happy" and not some evil spirit that's always sad and thinking about its past life.

After watching this episode, I noticed that Ash said that Yamask is such a cool Pokemon. I was like " If it's a cool Pokemon, then why don't you catch it dummy!"
    It's been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Radlin View Post
    After watching this episode, I noticed that Ash said that Yamask is such a cool Pokemon. I was like " If it's a cool Pokemon, then why don't you catch it dummy!"
    X3 In Japanese he said it was a "cute Pokemon" XD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

The episode was ok.

LOVED Clian and Iris talking about Science and religion and made me ship them even more. Lenora is kinda cool as well even though we didnt see her very much and I like how she and Hawes were married i like to see more adult relationships

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccag View Post
    LOVED Clian and Iris talking about Science and religion and made me ship them even more. Lenora is kinda cool as well even though we didnt see her very much and I like how she and Hawes were married i like to see more adult relationships
    Religion...in MY Pokemon?!

No, seriously. There was no religion involved in this ep.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast