View Poll Results: How would you rate my gallery?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • 15-20 - You are awesome!

31 37.35%
  • 10-15 - You are good.

38 45.78%
  • 05-10 - Meh...

13 15.66%
  • 00-05 - You sir, have no talent at all for spriting.

1 1.20%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This Gallery Sucks!

Talking This Gallery Sucks!

So i felt like having a gallery and exposing my best work and stuff. I know i'm sucky but i'm sure i'll get at least one positive post :3
    Most of those works are really old, hence i don't have much about 5 gen. Hoje you enjoy

Spoiler:- FUSIONS:

Spoiler:- Scratch Comic Panels:

Spoiler:- Fakemon:

Spoiler:- Maps (warning: huge):

Spoiler:- Misc:

That's all folks
    Feedback me now
    Last edited by Rex exploder; 6th January 2011 at 10:03 PM.

Your fusions are badly copy and pasted. I suggest reading the tutorials on scratching and reshading.

I disagree, I love what I'm seeing. Its nice to see someone go outside the boundries and actually use a little creativity, believe me, its hard to come by on these boards.

What you do have scratched on the fusions and sceneries is quited nice, hopefully in the future you'll also consider doing some straight up scratched pokemon as opposed to a fusion. Not to say the fusions are bad, because I love them, just sometimes working with a different medium helps.

I'd post real crit, but to be honest, it seems like you're improving at a good rate, so just keep doing what you've been doing and you will go really far.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemazter3001 View Post
    Your fusions are badly copy and pasted. I suggest reading the tutorials on scratching and reshading.
    Fun fact: Scizor + Glalie is 0% copy paste
    Also fusions lide Scizor + sazandra, Scizor + Mence or even Garchomp + Ononokusu have a minimum amount of copy pasting.

Pokemazter, please stop being an idiot. Like Raiga I think that these sprites as actually really good. Sure, some of them are a little C+P'd, but Rex exploder can work on those if he wants to. He's got the basic thing right. A lot of those sprites are of a really good quality. I LOVE Voltorb+Electrode.

Your fakemon are very good. I particularly like Dunsparce's evo and the Ice ghost.

You do need to work on making sure that your sprites LOOK less Copy/pasted though as some do. But overall it's a really good set of sprites.

I only see the fusions as a bit iffy, no need to take a bat to my head and burn me at the stake. It's a matter of opinion, where I am saying left, while you say right. I'm not completley bagging the kid out, and yes, a few are quite well done. However, some are badly thrown together. Call it an issue with shading or whatever, it doesn't help the sprite. I see that with more effort, he/she will become a very good spriter, seeing that they are headed in the right direction. It's not my fault if we don't happen to agree on something.

I love them! Especialy the Ivysaur/Torterra and the Dundra, that SHOULD be an evolution! (I hate Dunsparce and beleive that it should have something worthwhile to evolve in to not just stay a stupid semi druged turd)
        Spoiler:- games I want:

Click the banner to check out my semi-regularly updated chiptune filled soundcloud.

Yes, I have to say, you are really good. Some of the fusion just look weard but alot of them are really well mixed. I personaly love the marowak with the 'kukem' (if that's it's name).Also the scizor and glalie is awesome! I could sum up alot more that I liek but that owuld make this post al ittle bit too long

I'm not such a big fan of your fakemon though. The evolution of dunceparce is good, but the body structure looks too much like sceptile's. The concept of the others all seem a little bit unclear too me...

But keep up the good work, you rock

Yeah, about the Dunsparce when i made the original concept on paper in came a bit too scpetile-ish. Also i didn't felt confident enough to make a fakemon form zero (despite DeviFire, Angice and Kokuro being made like that) so a took a sceptile body and used it as a guideline to make the sprite ;o

There isn't anything wrong with that. I believe it becomes a fusion though. It is very well done.

Well thanks everybody for the feedback so far ^^ I Hope i can get better. And for Pokemazter3001 i'm a boy ;o

Well i just finished this Fusion. Giratina-O + Ulgamoth. All scratched except the tentacles because i cound't imagine any nice way to merge together wings and tentacles. But because of Giratina-O's big head i had do remake the tentacles on the left. Overall i'm pleased about how it came out, altough i think the small legs could be better. Well here you go.

Some sprites are a bit messy and all over the place, but some are very well done

I'm just in love with your Marowak/Kyureum Fusion and Scizor/Glailie- Very well done!

The only Fusion that's an obvious ultra-C+P is Voltorb/Electrode. Although it just seems you were just having fun ;P
    I'm just letting you all know that I will not be returning to Serebii. I've lost interest. But please remember to visit my DeviantART!
    ¸.-~*Pokemon Insanity*~-.¸
    ¸.-~*Breeding Pokemon, Breeding Insanity*~-.¸

Zozo1999 --> Yeah the messy sprites are the oldest ones :P
    And yeah i had a lot of fun foing voltorb + electrode.

So folks this is a retype i made:

Im proud ábout the result, oberall, except the wings. Gosh i can't draw fire at all ;_;

With your retype, I feel the wings are the highlight of this sprite. The neck ornament looks horribly off, wether it be the shape or the shading.

With your retype, I feel the wings are the highlight of this sprite. The neck ornament looks horribly off, wether it be the shape or the shading.

You definitely CAN do fire, and that sprite is really good. I agree with Pokemazter here, the neck thing, while good spriting, seems a little weird.
    I have to say I'm really liking your sprites.

A side work. A didn't dedicated much time so it might not be as good as the others. But it was fun anyway x)

Actually it's the Wings I don't like, and the rock additions I like the most, you've pulled off the magma style and you've grafted them on quite well, while the fire wings are good i'll give you that, they look too straight, explosion like and simple, if you look at the fire on moltres, it swirls and curves a little.

Unless you were going for the full out force of fire projectiles, in which case, bang on. *thumbs up*

Your voltorb/electrode fusion, is kind of, silly.you just C+P the same pokemon so many times over, and they look the same, really no effort involved there. But i quite like your Scizcor fusions, nicely blended imo.

Keep it up, I find it helps to try and imagine what you want your fusion to look like, before you start creating, that way you can fix it up as you go along, instead of just throwing yourself into a fusion and trying to mash two pokemon together without any real design to it.
    Last edited by Northern Lights; 2nd January 2011 at 8:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
    Actually it's the Wings I don't like, and the rock additions I like the most, you've pulled off the magma style and you've grafted them on quite well, while the fire wings are good i'll give you that, they look too straight, explosion like and simple, if you look at the fire on moltres, it swirls and curves a little.

Unless you were going for the full out force of fire projectiles, in which case, bang on. *thumbs up*

Your voltorb/electrode fusion, is kind of, silly.you just C+P the same pokemon so many times over, and they look the same, really no effort involved there. But i quite like your Scizcor fusions, nicely blended imo.

Keep it up, I find it helps to try and imagine what you want your fusion to look like, before you start creating, that way you can fix it up as you go along, instead of just throwing yourself into a fusion and trying to mash two pokemon together without any real design to it.
    Yeah o went to that route when i realized i still couldn't make fore like motres's. The tropius is like "Don't mess with me *****" x)

So...i revamped a old fusion. Much better now

Quote Originally Posted by Rex exploder View Post

So...i revamped a old fusion. Much better now
    Very nice! I actually think the first one is good enough, but the new one is quite the improvement with all the scratching on it. It actually looks kind of like a new pokemon personality-wise.

The only problem I have with it is that I find his hands a little too large, but I do realize its part of its appeal so its fine.

The hands kinda complement it somehow though. I feel the tail on the left could use a bit more tweaking. It just seems a bit off. This sprite really impresses me.

^Laziest fusion ever.^

Bump

My furst pixel over ever. Those things are a pain to make >_>

Click on the happy dancers to go to my sprite gallery! And don't forget to feedback!

I like the pixle over.
    It's clean without any big mistakes.

The last fuion actualkly is quit good, simplistic but nice

Keep up the good work

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast