Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: September Plot Discussion

Default September Plot Discussion

Another month, another Tuesday, another new chap of Pokespe ORAS.

http://club.shogakukan.co.jp

7 days remain.

The Draconid guys are Renza, Jinga, and Tomatoma. (Wonder what those mean. Although I he last one is obvious.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 6th July 2015 at 4:30 PM.

Well, Diancie's appearance came out of nowhere, and did Ruby start crying over Sapphire? And Mr Stone sure looks like a villain now. Other than that, I have no idea what even happened.

Look, parallels!

Spoiler:- :

In addition to using Team Flare tech, they panel with Steven using the Absorber is almost exactly the same as last month's XY chapter.

The panel placement, the dialog, even the poses.

But I'm sure it doesn't mean anything.

Well damn, there it is. That's not even slightly subtle.

It seems that Stone will use that machine to suck mega power of Blaziken and Sceptile to boost up his infinite power thing. I can't wait to see a big showdown between draconids and devon coming soon .

I wonder what is going on with Ruby and Dianice. And I agree the Devon Machine and the Team Flare machine look similar.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    I wonder what is going on with Ruby and Dianice. And I agree the Devon Machine and the Team Flare machine look similar.
    They aren't similar. It's the same machine.

Quote Originally Posted by arawn View Post
    It seems that Stone will use that machine to suck mega power of Blaziken and Sceptile to boost up his infinite power thing. I can't wait to see a big showdown between draconids and devon coming soon .
    So we've got the Draconids (and Ruby?) against Devon, Steven and probably Drake on Devon's side, and Sapphire and Emerald could go either way but they might still be occupied with the absorber. That'd be an awesome fight.

Quite an interesting twist and the writers seem to take liberation in expanding the Aster/Zinnia relationship. I'm happy that ORAS continues to pleasantly surprise me.

Basically, the Draconids confront Ruby about his visit to the Sky Pillar, and it is explained that their Pokemon were able to stand in midair because of the invisible 'aerodynamic clouds' created which were left behind by the flight of dragon Pokemon (think the skylines left behind by planes). Ruby questions if they are comrades of Zinnia, but to his shock, they aren't. The truth is, what Zinnia told Ruby was only part of the truth. Indeed the Draconids are prepared for the meteor's coming, and plan to invoke Rayquaza. However, Zinnia isn't the chosen one. Rather, it is Aster (of course this leads to the joke panel of Ruby's referral to the Whismur Aster). However, Aster is no longer around (subtle wording of death I suppose), and thus Zinnia took up the role. Unfortunately, unlike Aster who possesses special gift and powers, Zinnia doesn't, and therefore the Draconids are not convinced that Zinnia could invoke Rayquaza and persuade it to let her ride on it and target the meteor. Meanwhile, the early meteor showers are arriving, and Ruby (Latios to be exact) gets unfortunately hit and crashed. One of the guys mentioned about some script that Zinnia may have possessed, but Ruby says he didn't see it on her.

Ruby wakes to find himself in a cave, and it is said that Diancie is the one who saved Latios and Ruby from the open seas. Ruby marvels at Diancie's beauty, but gets depressed when he realizes that contests are no longer possible if the world is about to end. We see Ruby getting emotional, and he expresses his stress about the current situation. He also mocks himself for trying to shoulder it all on his own again just like 4 years ago. He expresses that he still has many things he wishes to do (basically it's just to tie in the fact that Mega Evolution would one day be used in Contests I guess). Ruby manages to come around after letting it out though, and decides to get moving again. Latios uses his shared vision with Latias (who has gone to Sea Mauville), and we see the frightening Absorber sucking out the life energy of Mega Blaziken and Mega Sceptile who 'coats themselves with the power of using the ultimate moves but not actually using them' as Joseph Stone puts it. The scene is too painful for Latias to keep watching and the vision is cut short. Ruby gets determined, and thinks he shall not rely on Devon or Zinnia, but that he will be the one to board Rayquaza and soar the skies.

===================================

Diancie's presence creates an interesting question on the timeline and its role. Under the assumption that we only have one Diancie, it used to live in Hoenn then moved to Kalos during XY. If it Mega Evolves in ORAS, it means it has already done so when it got in touch with Diantha's group in its chapter. I was always thinking that Diantha may bond with Diancie and mega evolve it in XY. But if its mega form is already showcased in ORAS, I wonder if the writers will still bother giving it screentime in XY.

And poor Blaziken and Sceptile. I wonder if they will be exhausted/temporarily knocked out, which gives them a chance to Mega Evolve their other team members (Sapphire has Gallade, we still don't know Emerald's current team). The Absorber scene is certainly a parallel to Team Flare.

As for the names of the Draconids, I'm afraid they don't really mean anything to me at the moment. Tomatoma suggests that they may be fruit/vegetable related, but I can't think of anything with Jinga and Renza at the moment. Maybe it will come to me later.

P.S. quite a disappointing way to showcase the three Megas as Mawile and Sableye basically did nothing. I hope they get featured again.

Coronis~
    Last edited by Coronis; 6th July 2015 at 6:05 PM.

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

That's an interesting take on Aster's role, much better than the unnecessary vagueness we got in the games. And it's cool to see the Draconids have their own divisions and aren't just relying on one kind of immature girl to do everything.

I'm not exactly happy that it's going to end up with Ruby on Rayquaza after Sapphire's been sidelined the whole time, but at least he's not going to take a side.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    They aren't similar. It's the same machine.
    ...This makes me question a lot of things actually.

For one, the timeline...because it feels so...out of place now. Many things are happening that make sense in certain places but some are not.

Being the same machine is a little hard to believe....if we are going by the assumption this happened before the XY chapter it makes little sense...the ultimate weapon, in its entirety, is underground back in Kalos (unless this isn't the ultimate weapon at all and just a new machine altogether). Even if Devon had prior knowledge of its existence in the first place it just seems so out of place...of course there's no denying they could have simply managed to somehow find the 3,000 year old weapon and just made an exact copy back in Hoenn after finding out of what it could do (and like Mr. Stone's grandfather apparently envisioned, 'use the power to help not destroy for the benefit of Pokemon and humans alike' or something along those lines).

Come the giant meteor, it becomes the opposite. (Unless it was always meant to stop that meteor all this time, except now someone else has the same idea but he's not planning on shooting alien invaders in the sky).

Do forgive me if I misunderstood the whole thing about the machine though...

Click me!

Tumblr: http://fyras14.tumblr.com/

Where I post fanart and stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Little Hero View Post
    ...This makes me question a lot of things actually.

For one, the timeline...because it feels so...out of place now. Many things are happening that make sense in certain places but some are not.

Being the same machine is a little hard to believe....if we are going by the assumption this happened before the XY chapter it makes little sense...the ultimate weapon, in its entirety, is underground back in Kalos (unless this isn't the ultimate weapon at all and just a new machine altogether). Even if Devon had prior knowledge of its existence in the first place it just seems so out of place...of course there's no denying they could have simply managed to somehow find the 3,000 year old weapon and just made an exact copy back in Hoenn after finding out of what it could do (and like Mr. Stone's grandfather apparently envisioned, 'use the power to help not destroy for the benefit of Pokemon and humans alike' or something along those lines).

Come the giant meteor, it becomes the opposite. (Unless it was always meant to stop that meteor all this time, except now someone else has the same idea but he's not planning on shooting alien invaders in the sky).

Do forgive me if I misunderstood the whole thing about the machine though...
    This Absorber machine seems separate from the Ultimate Weapon from what I understand. It is merely a device to power things up (the ultimate weapon in XY, and now the dimensional thingy in ORAS).

It does still pose the question of the origin of such a technology (i.e. the Absorber) though, whether Team Flare stole the design of Devon or there was some shared development in the past. But the Absorber in ORAS probably has no connection to the Kalos underground ultimate weapon at the current timeline.

Coronis~

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

Mr. Stone said Devon was built upon the development of Infinity Energy. They are fully aware of what AZ did 3000 years ago and used a similar process to become a big business.

Presumably, this is a replica of the ultimate weapon's Absorber, just without the Giant Death Cannon.

Remember, Sea Mauville was an energy harvesting plant.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 6th July 2015 at 7:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    This Absorber machine seems separate from the Ultimate Weapon from what I understand. It is merely a device to power things up (the ultimate weapon in XY, and now the dimensional thingy in ORAS).

It does still pose the question of the origin of such a technology (i.e. the Absorber) though, whether Team Flare stole the design of Devon or there was some shared development in the past. But the Absorber in ORAS probably has no connection to the Kalos underground ultimate weapon at the current timeline.

Coronis~
    Ah, thanks.

Still it seems rather fishy all the same; they both absorb energy of living things, even if the purpose for its creation changes. Considering what we learned about the Key Stone's power and their connections to the trainers it makes me think that something bad is going to happen, cause and effect after all.

Mr. Stone said Devon was built upon the development of Infinity Energy. Presumably, this is a replica of the ultimate weapon's Absorber, just without the Giant Death Cannon.

Remember, Sea Mauville was an energy harvesting plant.
    Well, the lack of cannon is obvious (considering that the only thing they want is just put the meteor somewhere else in the games). Considering the weapon's original purpose it makes sense. (For all we know it also responsible for giving life to Deoxys, as well...)

...about the Sea Mauville I just thought it was a research facility to find new sources of energy to be honest...

Question: Is the Absorber thing in the Sea Mauville?

Click me!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Hero View Post

...about the Sea Mauville I just thought it was a research facility to find new sources of energy to be honest...
    Nope. Apparently it was a lie to keep the public in the dark.

Here's the game quote.

"The file labeled "CONFIDENTIAL" contains stained documents. The documents have dates way before you were born."
    "De— Sec— Investi— —port"
    "The develop— on new —rgy turned out to be true. The ene— that uses —kémo— bio—rgy is called —inity Ener—."
    And without missing lines.

"Devon Secret Investigation Report"
    "The development on new energy turned out to be true. The energy that uses Pokémon's bioenergy is called Infinity Energy."

Ah, I see...I guess if we see Mr. Stone going 'Mwahahaha' we'll know who the real villain is.

Click me!

I wouldn't call him a villain.

He's trying to save the world, but has to use Pokemon life force to do so.

A necessary evil, I'm sure.

Only real questionable part is the fact Devon was built on the energy and uses it today.

Only real questionable part is the fact Devon was built on the energy and uses it today.
    Ah...why can't he be the villain?

But joking aside, I kinda agree with you with the part of using the energy as questionable. It begs a lot of questions that won't be answered in the long run, and it makes him look bad in comparison.

Click me!

I don't really like the new Draconids, but I was surprised to see Diancie show up as well as the parallels to XY. Ruby's angst was interesting too.

I love how kusaka explain the battle on sky mechanic. Regarding to the infinite, i wonder if something will happen with Sapphire anf Rald if they keep using that Absorber . Just like Korrina when she lost her keystone, i think these kids will suffer the same fate if they continue doing these things.

All it does is drain the Pokemon.

The kids should be safe.

Agreed. He's just ruthless, not genuinely evil. It's hurt a few Pokemon to protect billions of lives or wait to get destroyed by a meteor. And we already know his "sacrifice for the greater good" mindset applies to his own son, so this isn't anything new for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    P.S. quite a disappointing way to showcase the three Megas as Mawile and Sableye basically did nothing. I hope they get featured again.
    Coronis~
    It looks to me like only Slowbro mega-evolved, out of the three. So those Draconids will certainly show up again to showcase Mega Sableye and Mega Mawile.

They bothered giving the three names, so obviously they'll show up again.

I wonder why they even have a Mawile here. We saw a Mega Mawile in XY.

Anyone else concerned with the picture of crowd on the 17th page of this month's ORAS chapter?

I mean, it looks... totally not Yamamoto-like. It looks as if it was cut out from a different manga.

Perhaps I'm overthinking this, but I feel that this crowd may be a reference to something.
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast