Thread: Favorite Character Development?

Default Favorite Character Development?

Ah, so many good characters. Who had your favorite development over their series?

Mitsumi from Diamond and Pearl Adventure! is mine. She went from airheaded and dippy to taking charge not only of her past but of the people that had harmed her so badly. When they show up to battle Giratina, she's leading them. And it's implied that they can learn from her example and leave the hatred they had once felt towards the world behind them.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated May 30th, 2016)
    It's got its own TV Tropes page!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine, winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!
    Heart Like A Stone, winner of Most Heartbreaking Fic and 3rd place Best Canon Character-Centric 2014!
    Solar System, 4th place, Villainous Intent

Mine was Ruby in the original Ruby and Sapphire arc, where he goes from being selfish to caring for others, and his relationships with Courtney and Sapphire exemplify his growth throughout the arc.

As of not reading too much of the manga, I gotta say that my love for both Steven and Wallace shifted to over here too. Damn, these two are the cutest bro pair in the Hoenn region. Volume 21 contained one of my favourite scenes where the two of them have a conversation which made me freak out with happiness then cry my eyes out in one go. Then volume 22... yes, you bet I howled. Their characters are likeable, their bromance is adorable, and their impact to the plot is awesome!

I'm planning on buying the DPPt chapter next, seeing as I haven't read it yet, so maybe my opinion will change after that?
    Banner by me!

Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Gallery:
    Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

I've only read from the beginning to the original Ruby and Sapphire arc because that is a lot to read and I needed a break. Nevertheless, I'd have to agree with Phenak that Ruby's development is really good. He's really annoying at first, but he quickly grows on you. The revelations about his past really inform how he changes throughout the series. He could have been really one note, but they did some major work on his character and it pays off.
    3DS FC: 3523-3464-8565
    3DS Name: Elliott

Check out my trade shop with hundreds of Shinies and Events!

Ruby's development was noteworthy and the best I think since he changed a lot throughout the RS chapter and wasn't as vain by the end of it.

I was always fond of Emerald's development in Pokemon Special. I didn't really like him at first since he seemed pretty vapid as far as his battling habits were concerned, but once we found out why he was at the Battle Frontier, and about his past at the end of the Emerald chapter, I grew to like his character more.

ruby and diamond.