Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: April Plot Discussion

Default April Plot Discussion

Pokespe ORAS is out. Check it on Club Sunday.

Norman appears in here.

So we did not get anything about Beedrill.

And Rayquaza runs to Johto region.

Rayquaza nad Johto... In the anime we has Iris saw Rayquaza at Johto region. Are these things having any meaning ? Norman seems pretty badass as always.

So if i'm not wrong, Ruby and Norman are going to search for Rayquaza, using Hoopa's ability?
    Also, any mention of the whereabouts of Red and Blue?

If Rayquaza is in Johto maybe this will shed some light as to in what time ORAS takes place...maybe there will be a cameo of the Johto dexholders fighting Arceus if ORAS indeed takes place at the same time that HGSS.

A very text-based chapter.

Fast forward 2 days from where we were, Ruby and Emerald have been brought to the Draconids' Village (or Meteor Village), which is a hidden place beneath the Meteor Falls. The old woman, whom people just refer to as Granny, is the head of the village. She explains that Mega Evolution began at their village. Apparently, the Draconids rescued Ruby and Emerald, along with Ultima, Briney and Drake (who managed to swim ashore themselves before collapsing). Granny explains that Drake used to train at the Falls in his younger days.

Ruby and Emerald are then shocked to learn that Archie and Maxie have also come to the village, with their plan to use the Primals to avert the planet's crisis. Granny has given them room (a cave to be precise) where they are teaching Groudon and Kyogre their signature attacks. We also learn that the titans are working with the two men because they instinctively want to save the planet where they are inhabiting as well.

Granny explains that three methods have been in progress to deal with the asteroid. First, Devon's science. Two, the Draconids' 'successor' method. Three, Archie and Maxie's 'nature' method. It seems that Granny is giving help to method 3 because the two others have failed. It is then we learn that Zinnia has successfully brought down the Rocket, and even destroyed the Dimensional Shifter. Sapphire was knocked off the Rocket with Tropius, but no one knows where she is. Granny says she was the one who allowed Zinnia to take up the role of Aster, but clearly the whole Village doesn't think she could succeed. Ruby then reveals that he has the scripture, and gets the confirmation that they need Rayquaza to learn Dragon Ascent to break the asteroid. Ruby volunteers to be the 'successor', and says he has once been aboard Rayquaza, which he knows is a sign that he has the dragon lord's trust. Apparently, no one else at the Village apart from Aster has ridden on Rayquaza before.

Granny is amused by Ruby's attitude, and says it reminds her of someone. It turns out that Norman came to Granny for directions years ago when he was searching for Rayquaza, and he has once again approached her for the same request. It was actually the dragon type cloudlines that led Norman to Rayquaza before, and they think they could do the same. Granny finally agrees to their plan, but says Rayquaza soars freely, and it isn't always guaranteed that its cloudlines will lead to it. However, she reveals that two nights ago, she saw Rayquaza flying off to Johto, and both Ruby and Norman think it must be returning to the Science Building where it was once held captive. By Hoopa's ring, the two proceed to make their way to Johto while Emerald stays behind...

========================

Interesting how Johto comes up and I'm interesting to know why. I wonder if this will connect to HGSS in any way since they are supposed to occur about the same time. I do wonder why Rayquaza would go back to where it was captured out of all places. Maybe the Pokemon Association took something of Rayquaza and it's still in the building? A Meteorite?

With Archie and Maxie's supposed 'goal' revealed, many of the recent chapters' happenings (especially the drowning and burying and fighting) suddenly felt pointless. Unless, they have hidden evil agenda, which would make more sense. So far, ORAS is basically a story of everyone trying to save the world their own way, but hating others who have the same goal but with different approaches.

And we get to see the new Dexes.

Coronis~
    Last edited by Coronis; 1st February 2016 at 3:49 PM.

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

Johto region? No way the Johto trio aren't making some sort of cameo. Too bad Rayquaza didn't head to Sinnoh. We could have found out the ages of the Sinnoh trio and confirm the period betweet E and DPPT.

Giving what happened last chapter, I get a feeling Sapphire will have a scar to match Ruby's

Hm, I think that it kinda makes sense what 'evilness' Maxie and Archie displayed considering that:

1) they might want to save the world, but they probably don't care all that much about individuals. They never really did...
    2) they're too much of in a hurry to explain anything
    3) the initial power high

Still, hope that Red, Blue, and Sapphire are okay...
    Where'd I put my mallet?

Hi again, just read the latest chapter and given the situation right now, it looks as though Ruby & Norman are going to plan 4 with Rayquaza learning Dragon Ascent. Granny agreeing to have Zinnia fill in as Aster's successor might be her greatest sin now that Devon Corporation's plan to destroy the meteor has failed. Granny might have known what a devilish monster Zinnia has become and feels as though she regrets making that choice. When looking at their ways of saving the world, they all have consequences that lead to greater cost for things to come.

As for Rayquaza landing in Johto, it's not surprising how it is going to connect the HGSS Chapter and probably bring the Johto trio into the action. Anyways, I'm looking forward for next month's chapter.
    "Respect the old, search for the new".

July 29, 2016: The Big G Rises Again!!

Year of the Monkey: Year of the Infernape

Link, now, please?

Is Rayquaza heading to Johto a nod to it's encounter in HGSS? Maybe someone is using the Jade Orb!
    Last edited by NeoDude-5000; 1st February 2016 at 7:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Link, now, please?

Is Rayquaza heading to Johto a nod to it's encounter in HGSS? Maybe someone is using the Jade Orb!
    If you want see the new chapter, go on google and type Pokemon Special and go to the japanese site and click the ORAS link.
    "Respect the old, search for the new".

July 29, 2016: The Big G Rises Again!!

Year of the Monkey: Year of the Infernape

ORAS tying into HGGS is gonna be some next level *** pulling to restore the timeline, if that is indeed the case. I wonder though, instatransport by Hoopa Hoops could be a huge game changer, maybe it can lead to a DexHolder reunion?
    BLAH

Forget Yellow showing up in B2/W2, if Johto is in play again, then we might see her here and come back to Hoenn with Ruby to help out Red and Green.

I do hope they confirm or debunk that this happens around HG/SS's timeframe.

Also, quick question. If we're in February, why does the title say April? Sorry if it's a dumb question.

Johto might just be because it's the 20th anniversary for the manga soon and they want to set it up. We already have the Kanto Dex Holders helping out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtndrew24
    spoiler ansem isnt ansem but is actually pretending to be ansem as riku inside ansem pretending to be ansem

Could the reason Rayquaza return to that place is because it want that Jade Orb ? Maybe that Jade Orb will be incorporated into how Ray Megaevolved. And it was a huge mistake to not take Rald to Johto because he was the obe with Jade Orb and he has the most reason to contact with it. ( it was his game mascot after all )

Guys, they can't do another Dex Holder reunion. Green is roaming Kalos, there short a Dex Holder. Two if you count Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by BlackButterfree View Post
    Forget Yellow showing up in B2/W2, if Johto is in play again, then we might see her here and come back to Hoenn with Ruby to help out Red and Green.

Also, quick question. If we're in February, why does the title say April? Sorry if it's a dumb question.
    Wait? Yellow showed up in B2/W2? When?

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Guys, they can't do another Dex Holder reunion. Green is roaming Kalos, there short a Dex Holder. Two if you count Yellow
    ORAS doesn't take place at the same time as XY. I think it's either between Emerald and HG/SS or simultaneous with HG/SS. Green can absolutely show up.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackButterfree View Post

I'm just hoping she has a Mega. Not fair for RGB to have and she is left with nothing.
    Regarding your question, I always had the same question xD.
    Maybe ORAS happens before HGSS (same year, not same time) and because of the actions of Zinnia and Devon, and Maxie and Archie, taking it to extremes for the purpose of saving the world, awaken Arceus and set loose the events of HGSS.
    Waiting for Original Dragon in next Unova game...
    And friggin Mega Flygon and Mega Milotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Jimmy View Post
    ORAS doesn't take place at the same time as XY. I think it's either between Emerald and HG/SS or simultaneous with HG/SS. Green can absolutely show up.
    But he wasn't with Red or Blue so I don't see how that's possible. For all we know he could have been in Kalos for years

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotHeroMaleDexHolder View Post
    I'm just hoping she has a Mega. Not fair for RGB to have and she is left with nothing.
    Maybe ORAS happens before HGSS (same year, not same time) and because of the actions of Zinnia and Devon, and Maxie and Archie, taking it to extremes for the purpose of saving the world, awaken Arceus and set loose the events of HGSS.
    No one on Yellow's team has a mega form though

OK, I'm awake now. Lots of replies to make...

Guys. Ruby is from Johto. He was born there.

That's where Rayquaza was kept when it was captured by the Pokemon Association before Zinnia freed it.

Them going to Johto does not imply a team up.

Quote Originally Posted by XY&Z Legend View Post
    Hi again, just read the latest chapter and given the situation right now, it looks as though Ruby & Norman are going to plan 4 with Rayquaza learning Dragon Ascent.
    Plan 4 is the same as plan 2.

Quote Originally Posted by arawn View Post
    Could the reason Rayquaza return to that place is because it want that Jade Orb ? Maybe that Jade Orb will be incorporated into how Ray Megaevolved. And it was a huge mistake to not take Rald to Johto because he was the obe with Jade Orb and he has the most reason to contact with it. ( it was his game mascot after all )
    There is no Jade Orb in Pokespe. (Or at least one that's been discovered.)

The gem that Emerald has is a fake, "Green Orb", the Pokemon Association created to try and control Rayquaza.

And since Rayquaza doesn't have a Primal Reversion, its Orb doesn't need to be mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Jimmy View Post
    ORAS takes place in the same year as HGSS. When, exactly, we don't know.

And no, it's highly unlikely that he will show up. If two Pokespe arcs run at the same time and they have a plot piece that's shared between the two, it won't be mentioned in the arc that started second until that plot is done in the arc that started first.

For example, Ruby and Sapphire did not show up in Emerald until RS had fully finished in the magazines. And the plot of the petrified Dex holders was not mentioned at all until FRLG finished.

Question: What would Yellow having a Mega benefit for her character? She's been repeatedly noted to be a pretty terrible battler. Her Pokemon are very weak in comparison to her fellow Dex holders, and Crystal even noted her battle strategies are far more simple than experienced Trainers.

Yellow doesn't like fighting, so what use would she have for something that used primarily for fighting?
    Last edited by lolipiece; 2nd February 2016 at 1:12 AM.

Almost to confirm the city that Rayquaza flies to is Goldenrod City.

And Lati@s maybe to look for help, this is an opportunity for the debut of Wally, I guess.

Goldenrod is Ruby's hometown. It'll be nice to see him exploring his roots.

It's also where the Pokemon Association headquarters is. I wonder if we'll see the Johto Association Chairman again.

Hmm. Was it mentioned if the building where Rayquaza was kept was in Goldenrod? I remember them saying it was in Johto, but not anywhere specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post

Wait? Yellow showed up in B2/W2? When?
    No, my theory was that since B2/W2 is also running at the same time as OR/AS and X/Y, Yellow would show up in Unova just like the others went to Hoenn and Kalos. But now that we're revisiting the Tohjo Continent, it's more likely for Yellow to be there instead.

Isn't the Pokéathalon Dome in Goldenrod? They could show it being destroyed by Dragonite in the distance to set the timeline or something.

And while I'd love for Yellow to have a Mega, as its the ultimate symbol of a bond between trainer and Pokémon, she has no Mega Evolvable Pokémon. Though if I were a gambling man, I'd put money on Butterfree being her eventual Mega once it's revealed, since its counterpart Beedrill got one in the games.

Since the Meteor Village is the 'root' of Mega Evolution as Granny called it, I wonder if massive amounts of Keystones (even Mega Stones) could be found there. She referred to the Hoenn starters' Mega Stones as 'Withered Tree', 'Fading Fire' and 'Ebb Tide' like the old man in the games. Maybe she has more Mega Stones in store? It wasn't clarified whether Archie and Maxie's Keystones were from the village, and if I recall correctly, the Keystone isn't required to Primal Revert Groudon and Kyogre. It seems that they obtained the stones simply to gain stronger battle strength (or to showcase the Megas of Camerupt and Sharpedo in a non-plot reason).

That said, the Mega Beedrill silhoutte is clearly not going to happen in Vol 2 (since it comes out this month). But in case the writers haven't dropped this, there is still a small possibility that the Beedrill could really be Giovanni's, since he is theoretically in the proximity of Johto given the HGSS events. Of course, we don't know if HGSS precedes ORAS or not, and we saw no evidence of him possessing Mega in the final HGSS battle. But just in case ORAS is after HGSS, Giovanni may get involved if he is still around, get given a Keystone and Mega Evolve his Beedrill? There were also theories going around the Yellow caught a new Beedrill and it became her Mega.

One more thing about the Keystones. Zinnia snatched everyone's Keystones, presumably to summon Rayquaza like she did in the games. Granny made no mentioning of this at all, even when Ruby and Norman were seeking ways to find it. I wonder if she is just deilberately hiding it from them, or it was something Zinnia just thought could happen.

Oh, and another random thought. I wonder if they are giving Mega Evolution to Norman, to showcase Mega Lopunny or Audino? (I know he doesn't own either of them)

Coronis~
    Last edited by Coronis; 2nd February 2016 at 1:24 PM.

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

The Hoenn national dexes has appeared in front of the plot. So I don't know they put the thing in here just because the dexes get some new function, or they modified the plot?
    Last edited by e9310103838; 2nd February 2016 at 2:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post

And we get to see the new Dexes.
    We had actually first seen the new dexes back in the fourth chapter. By the way, was the one in this chapter Ruby's or Emeralds?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast