Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Short/One-Shot Manga Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
        Spoiler:- Image:

Be a Master! Pokemon BW volume 1 cover has been revealed.
    Lolipiece you`re awesome! Now we know that all starters have all evolved to their final forms already. In just the first volume. My 1000 post! I`m so happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kariris View Post
    Lolipiece you`re awesome! Now we know that all starters have all evolved to their final forms already. In just the first volume. My 1000 post! I`m so happy!
    This is the only volume, actually.

I really have no better place to put this, and it's probably a short manga, so...

Can anyone identify this manga for me? It's part of my "make avatars out of these" pile, but it's been sitting there long enough that I forgot where they came from(other than "karubiimunonomo's twitter") & looking through Bulbapedia/Dogasu's list of manga doesn't help much. And I don't need lolipiece's usertext calling me out for misidentifying something again want to label it properly so people have a vague idea of where it came from.

http://i.imgur.com/goDxf.jpg
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

I think that's Pocket Monsters: The Hero of Thunder and Fire.
    Where'd I put my mallet?

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    I really have no better place to put this, and it's probably a short manga, so...

Can anyone identify this manga for me? It's part of my "make avatars out of these" pile, but it's been sitting there long enough that I forgot where they came from(other than "karubiimunonomo's twitter") & looking through Bulbapedia/Dogasu's list of manga doesn't help much. And I don't need lolipiece's usertext calling me out for misidentifying something again want to label it properly so people have a vague idea of where it came from.

Karubiimunomono's twitter also identifies it as 'Pocket Monsters BW: Hero of Flame and Thunder'.

Spoiler:- Image:

Be a Master! Pokemon BW volume 1 cover has been revealed.
    The image isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    The image isn't working.
    Try this one.

The image isn't working.
    I posted that two months ago. I don't need it anymore since you guys should have seen it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post

Yes, yes...I'm sorry.

But I do have one thing to say. We only have two avatar folders for different manga.

The one that has the most avatars is getting extremely clustered and really needs to be separated by manga....

Yes, yes...I'm sorry.

But I do have one thing to say. We only have two avatar folders for different manga.

The one that has the most avatars is getting extremely clustered and really needs to be separated by manga....
    I agree with that, but Serebii's the one who decides what gets different folders. (though I suppose the manga avatars was almost exclusively Special until I started doing ReBURST/random other manga that I got my paws on...I was honestly surprised that he put ReBURST in a seperate folder without me telling him to!)

That said, I don't think there are enough avatars of each of the other manga to give them their own folders...although I don't suppose that'd hurt anything either. (and we all know that only having Special/ReBURST/everything else folders would make people complain that all the other manga were getting lumped together ) ...and now that I look, the XD category got away with only having two avatars.

Anyway, enough of me rambling. Go nudge Serebii if you think we need more specific categories in the manga avatars.

Oh, and thanks for IDing the Pocket Monsters BW: Heroes of Fire and Thunder. I saw that on Dogasu's manga list, but the few pictures there didn't match the scan close enough for me to assume they were the same thing!
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

How could Lance bully Yellow!?

http://twitpic.com/76rvn7

This is from the Hero of Fire and Thunder volume. I don't know what they're saying, but it's interesting.

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions.

First, I'm planning to buy some of the movie mangas. Which ones would you recommend I get? I already bought the Darkrai one because Darkrai and found it rather underwhelming, but it seems that one's not one of the best anyway.

Second, what is known about this manga? I'm somewhat interested in it because Touya is kinda good-looking.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

http://twitpic.com/76rvn7

This is from the Hero of Fire and Thunder volume. I don't know what they're saying, but it's interesting.
    They're practicing making cool poses, and he asks N if he wants to try, but says eh, he's got a cool enough pose already.

http://twitpic.com/7mdp2o/full

In Battle Stories, we have Kyurem!

http://twitpic.com/85ksjg/full

What's going on in this comic? It has Pikachu in a bar and a girl in a bunny suit with Red.

Isn't that the 4Koma manga that came out years ago?

I want the Colosseum (don't know who made it; art looks like Yamamoto) and Ranger Manga (the one from Yamamoto and Kusaka).

Colosseum

Ranger
    Almia

So I picked up Hero of Fire and Thunder. It's pretty cool! Reminds me a bit of DPA, down to having the evil team grunt with exaggerated features (although in this case rather than K2's swollen rear, this guy has a pointy chin, nose, and hairstyle). It's also very very cut down. Team Plasma seems to consist of grunts and N. No Goddesses, no Shadow Triad, no Sages, no GHETSIS. There's no time given to gym battles. The Elite Four is seen once, but Alder has a whole chapter devoted to him.

And when the main character finds out about N's true aim, he still doesn't give up on their friendship. Very Hareta of him.

Oh yeah, main character seems to have only one pokemon, his starter. Gets Required Legendary later on but that's it.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

I'm not sure if anyone noticed but:

http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-M...235815&sr=1-21

The manga version for Victini and Zekrom came out on Tuesday.

http://twitpic.com/9ejrql/full

Rocco doesn't seem too happy.

O: I still wanna know why Rocco is training some random guys to be Phantom Thieves like Hiori. Speaking of which, where is Hiori and Lily? D:
    It's weird seeing Rocco without his ridiculous get up.
    ;w; can't wait to see the entire manga.
    Also, Loli. I love your sig.
    BUNP

Rocco is angry for some reason and that's for sure. And who is the guy and the girl?
    I like Phantom Thieves manga, they maybe short but their drawings are not so bad and not lacking of character developement.
    BTW, Rocco without hat is cool
    And yes I agree with the good sig
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

Is the protagonist a boy? Their uniform seems masculine.

Thief 7 had several chapters not put into volume form, right? So maybe it's related to that.

Ever wonder will Pokemon Rangers : Guardian Sign manga would be made ?
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

Quote Originally Posted by Fake Psychic View Post
    Ever wonder will Pokemon Rangers : Guardian Sign manga would be made ?
    The game came out in 2010. If it didn't get a manga adaptation then, it's not getting one now.

And it does have a manga.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast