Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The DC Universe Thread(Shows, Movies, etc etc...) *Potential Spoilers*

Default The DC Universe Thread(Shows, Movies, etc etc...) *Potential Spoilers*

Hey guys, this thread is to discuss all things DC, from Super Man 2 to the Arrow, and everything in between.

There's a lot of great things happening with DC so I thought we should have a place to discuss it all.

As always guys, make sure to follow the rules and be respectful of each other.

Enjoy!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

The flash pilot was really fun, even if they talked in trailer-speak, and most of the characters were either oblivious, or D-bags (flash was the only really nice guy I can think of).

I started reading gotham academy, Fun comic, feels like a blend of nancy drew, and harry potter.

the justice league comic is still good, and Lex luther is now a member, which is a nice change for the character.

so this happened....http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56322
    basically for whoever dosent want to go to the link it says:The full descriptions of films, via press release from Warner Bros., is below.

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
    “Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
    “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
    “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)

“The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
    “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
    “Shazam” (2019)
    “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
    “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
    “Green Lantern” (2020)
    so what do you guys think?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Yeah that was a pretty big reveal today. Honestly not so sure about doing suicide squad as the second film. I like that they are doing a wonder woman solo and have the courage to bring Green lantern back. Hopefully it can be done right this time.
    I have claimed (Rampardos)!
    3DS Friend Code: 1418-6701-0126

The Flash is showing promise and seems to have a lot in store very early on. There are some very important players showing up by episode 5.
    A few minor things were used already like the prototype Cosmic Treadmill and the Flash's speed talking.
    Last edited by Skiks; 16th October 2014 at 4:33 AM.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

I knew it wasn't Komodo who killed Sara lol, way to easy. The writers said it's gonna be a season long ark to find her killer.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Erza Miller as the Flash...Erza Miller of all people...

God help us. God help us all.

I'm not exactly feeling some of the movie scheduling either. Why bring out a Suicide Squad movie straight before Justice League when they could better develop the universe by giving one of the leaguer's their own origin movie? Why are they giving us a Cyborg movie (Or is it just Metal Men)?

What I don't understand is...WB are looking at big name actors like Will Smith, Tom Hardy and Ryan Gosling for the Suicide Squad movie...But go with unknowns like Erza Miller and Jason Momoa for Justice League.

Also, does anyone watch Gotham? Watched the first episode and I'm torn on it. The acting is generally really good (Minus Alfred) but the plot just seems a tad weak.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

I don't know. I have a feeling the big names are for trying to get people to go to the suicide squad movie in the first place. Mainly since they want people to pay money for characters they don't know about...but don't have the confidence Marvel did with Guardians of the Galaxy. Also they know people will go to see a Flash movie no matter what though.
    I have claimed (Rampardos)!
    3DS Friend Code: 1418-6701-0126

So if Komodo didn't kill Sara in Arrow I wonder who did?

As far as the movies news goes, I was really hoping Stephen Amell (Arrow) and Grant Gustin (Flash) would be in the Justice League movie. What a bummer that they won't be.....

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    So if Komodo didn't kill Sara in Arrow I wonder who did?

As far as the movies news goes, I was really hoping Stephen Amell (Arrow) and Grant Gustin (Flash) would be in the Justice League movie. What a bummer that they won't be.....
    They said from the start they don't wanna mix the TV and Movie Universes.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    They said from the start they don't wanna mix the TV and Movie Universes.
    It's kind of a bummer. Then again, what if the DC movies that are planned to come out completely suck? If the movies end up being a big blunder, maybe it's a good thing that the shows wont tie in with the movies. The shows are really good. In my opinion anyways. I would really hate to see shows like Arrow go down the drain because they decided to cross over with DC movies like Justice League.

I'm not saying the DC movies will suck, but there's always that possibility. I hope Justice League doesn't suck! Hopefully it will be fantastic!
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 17th October 2014 at 4:44 AM.

1693 1038 1902

Ooh, DC thread. Guess I oughta throw some stuff out really quick. Tried watching Arrow, and I just didn't like it, but I am hoping The Flash is more enjoyable (Haven't had a chance to watch it yet though). Saw the first three episodes of Gotham and it seems very meh to me, might keep watching but I doubt I'll lose too much by skipping out. Teen Titans Go! sucks, and I'm only mentioning it to cover all current DC TV shows. Sorta related, I find the "No fantastical powers" idea some adaptations use to be a bad idea and it can really kill a comic adaptation for me.

Watched Batman Begins for the first time a couple hours ago. A really good movie, although the scene where Batman tells Ra's al Ghul "I won't kill you, but that doesn't mean I have to save you" and then actually leaves him to die almost killed it for me.

Looking forward to most of the announced movies (Why must we wait until 2018 for Aquaman and 2019 for Shazam?! Aquaman is my number one favorite hero and Shazam is third). Keyword "most", I've never been a fan of the Suicide Squad. Amanda Waller is one of my least favorite DC characters and the series has never really impressed me (The New 52 version is probably my least favorite, but that doesn't mean I liked the older ones.)

Due to the general difficulty in getting comics where I live (It's pretty much hoping to luck out on yard sales, ordering it online, or going a couple cities over to the nearest Books-a-Million (And maybe Barns and Noble, I have no idea if they have a section with comics but the closest one of those is still a good bit away)) I only own one physical comic (New 52 Aquaman Vol 1). I hope to increase that though. Online copies are nice and all, but nothing can beat nice paper pages.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    Erza Miller as the Flash...Erza Miller of all people...

God help us. God help us all.

I'm not exactly feeling some of the movie scheduling either. Why bring out a Suicide Squad movie straight before Justice League when they could better develop the universe by giving one of the leaguer's their own origin movie? Why are they giving us a Cyborg movie (Or is it just Metal Men)?

What I don't understand is...WB are looking at big name actors like Will Smith, Tom Hardy and Ryan Gosling for the Suicide Squad movie...But go with unknowns like Erza Miller and Jason Momoa for Justice League.

Also, does anyone watch Gotham? Watched the first episode and I'm torn on it. The acting is generally really good (Minus Alfred) but the plot just seems a tad weak.
    Cyborg is because he is now a founding Justice League member in the new 52

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikepiex7 View Post
    Cyborg is because he is now a founding Justice League member in the new 52
    True, but Cyborg as an individual hero doesn't actually have any villains. Moreso, even in the new 52, he doesn't even has his own series yet. Given all the talk about the Metal Men movie a while back, and since some people are under the impression Scoot McNairy is playing the Metal Men's creator William Magnus in Dawn of Justice, I'm starting to get the impression WB will sell the Metal Men movie as a Cyborg one to draw in more people since it's a fairly unknown team (Recently as well, Cyborg began to act as a leader of the new Metal Men during Forever Evil)

So one day later and my thoughts on the Justice League castings;

Ben Affleck as Batman is genius, and I have high hopes for him
    Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman initially worried me, but now that she's bulked up I'm very hopeful
    Ray Fisher as Cyborg is a risky casting, but actors who just come out of theatre transition really well on the big screen
    Jason Momoa as Aquaman is genius too, dye his hair blonde and he'll finally end all the prejudices about the character
    Ezra Miller as Flash...I just don't see it. Barry or Wally, I don't see him as either, and he hasn't really done that much as an actor, so this is the only one I don't like

Also today, an extra on the set of Dawn of Justice has broken confidentiality and has leaked that we will have Carrie Kelly as Robin in Dawn of Justice (The female Robin from Dark Knight Returns), and Jena Malone will play her. I want Carrie Kelly in the movie, but Malone is a bit too old. I was hoping for someone younger like Chloe Moretz.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousHeartless View Post
    Due to the general difficulty in getting comics where I live (It's pretty much hoping to luck out on yard sales, ordering it online, or going a couple cities over to the nearest Books-a-Million (And maybe Barns and Noble, I have no idea if they have a section with comics but the closest one of those is still a good bit away)) I only own one physical comic (New 52 Aquaman Vol 1). I hope to increase that though. Online copies are nice and all, but nothing can beat nice paper pages.
    If you ever want any recommendations or reviews on some of the new 52 storylines, message me whenever and I'll help you out. The new books are pretty pricey but I've read a couple, and I'll tell you my honest assessments of the stories and whether they're worth buying. There are also some people on youtube who do videos on each page of the stories. I remember one guy doing the entire story of Justice League Beyond on youtube; ah it was awesome.
    Last edited by I-am-the-peel; 17th October 2014 at 6:23 PM.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    True, but Cyborg as an individual hero doesn't actually have any villains. Moreso, even in the new 52, he doesn't even has his own series yet. Given all the talk about the Metal Men movie a while back, and since some people are under the impression Scoot McNairy is playing the Metal Men's creator William Magnus in Dawn of Justice, I'm starting to get the impression WB will sell the Metal Men movie as a Cyborg one to draw in more people since it's a fairly unknown team (Recently as well, Cyborg began to act as a leader of the new Metal Men during Forever Evil)

So one day later and my thoughts on the Justice League castings;

Ben Affleck as Batman is genius, and I have high hopes for him
    Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman initially worried me, but now that she's bulked up I'm very hopeful
    Ray Fisher as Cyborg is a risky casting, but actors who just come out of theatre transition really well on the big screen
    Jason Momoa as Aquaman is genius too, dye his hair blonde and he'll finally end all the prejudices about the character
    Ezra Miller as Flash...I just don't see it. Barry or Wally, I don't see him as either, and he hasn't really done that much as an actor, so this is the only one I don't like

Also today, an extra on the set of Dawn of Justice has broken confidentiality and has leaked that we will have Carrie Kelly as Robin in Dawn of Justice (The female Robin from Dark Knight Returns), and Jena Malone will play her. I want Carrie Kelly in the movie, but Malone is a bit too old. I was hoping for someone younger like Chloe Moretz.

If you ever want any recommendations or reviews on some of the new 52 storylines, message me whenever and I'll help you out. The new books are pretty pricey but I've read a couple, and I'll tell you my honest assessments of the stories and whether they're worth buying. There are also some people on youtube who do videos on each page of the stories. I remember one guy doing the entire story of Justice League Beyond on youtube; ah it was awesome.
    well Jena Malone is confirmed to be in batman vs superman http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=124172 and yeah it is most likely going to be Carrie Kelly. Kinda wanted Dick Grayson as kid robin or Tim Drake or maybe even Damian, But Jena Malone seems talented so I wonder how they will introduce robin in this film.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    well Jena Malone is confirmed to be in batman vs superman http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=124172 and yeah it is most likely going to be Carrie Kelly. Kinda wanted Dick Grayson as kid robin or Tim Drake or maybe even Damian, But Jena Malone seems talented so I wonder how they will introduce robin in this film.
    By the time of DoJ, if they are going with Dark Knight Returns Batman, Dick Grayson will have already been Nightwing, Barbara Gordon would have been Oracle and Tim Drake probably would have left. But, they are also going with the new 52, so I suppose anything could happen.

I think though in the next Batman movie (Which won't be until 2019 at the earliest, daaaaaaaaaamn), Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon will return to give Bruce hell for returning to the cowl, Carrie Kelly will be in the movie too as Robin, and I have a hunch they'll introduce someone else too. Either go with the Under the Hood storyline with Jason Todd, or they'll go with the introduction of Damian Wayne storyline.

That scenes with Barry and Caitlin bonding were so cute . And I always get so sad during the scenes with Barry and his dad.

so who do you guys think should be green lantern in the dc universe films? I want Kyle Rayner because not only would it gives us the first Hispanic superhero but it could lead to a Kyle Rayner vs parallax driven Hal Jordan showdown!

So I finally watched the newest episode of the Flash. That was a very interesting ending with Dr. Wells. I just read a theory stating that Dr. Wells could possibly be Reverse Flash. Reverse Flash might have killed Barrys mother.

It's a interesting theory.

1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    so who do you guys think should be green lantern in the dc universe films? I want Kyle Rayner because not only would it gives us the first Hispanic superhero but it could lead to a Kyle Rayner vs parallax driven Hal Jordan showdown!
    I was thinking this same thing. I know Hal Jordan is in the upcoming animated Aquaman movie, so I'm assuming he will be in the DC movies. But there is a chance that a different GL will be the focus of the movie. Alan Scott is unlikely because he works differently from the other GLs. Simon Baz is unlikely because he is only in New 52 and the movies will probably try and target general audiences who would be more familiar with pre-reboot DC (He also has a pretty crappy costume that would have a hard time looking anything but silly in live-action). Normally I'd feel like they'd go with Hal, but his last movie bombed and he'll probably already have focus in the Justice League movie. He's an interesting character, but I'm not sure Guy Gardner could carry a movie on his own.

That leaves Kyle Rayner and John Stewart. I'd picture more Kyle Rayner since it would still be early on, but am fine with either. Heck, I'd be fine with any of the GLs really.

I watched the new episode of Arrow tonight it was pretty awesome! I watched the promo for the next episode, and holy smokes I can't wait! Ras Al Ghul will finally be making his appearance!

1693 1038 1902

Got caught up to episode 4 in Gotham. This show is still incredibly meh.

I had hopes for Fish Mooney but now she pretty much just screams 'EVIL SEDUCTIVE EVIL CORRUPTION STARSCREAM'. Pretty much every scene she's been in has been an unimpressive generic bit of evil after episode 1.

On the other hand, I really like this version of Oswald.

Also, am I the only one who dislikes this version of Renee Montoya? Ages are always hard to pin down in comics, but Renee usually looks a bit younger than Bruce to me and even if that's wrong there is no way she's around twenty years older than him. The fact she was aged up so much kind of feels like she was included mainly for drama and so they could have two minorities checked off with one character. Normally I don't feel that way about Montoya and I like to give benefit of the doubt, but looking past those implications, she just isn't interesting. She is supposed to be the uncorrupt one, but she does stuff like break into Barbara's apartment (The fact she kept the key after they broke up is bad enough) and try to ruin her relationship with Jim. Then, there are still the unfortunate implications that a normally straight woman was made bisexual simply so she could've had a broken-up, drug-filled relationship with a woman and is now living a happy life with a man (Okay, that bit is more about Barbara than Renee, but I still don't like it and the fact still stands that Renee's main relationship was full of drugs and she is doing illegal things to get close to her ex).

And less so, but I don't like what they are doing with Edward Nygma. They played with his running gag in is first appearance before it ever got played straight and then he's been mostly pushed to the sides. Really a lot of the characters don't impress me.

Frankly, I'm not sure I've found much that I do like past Oswald, but none of the stuff is really bad enough to push this show into crap for me.

Looking forward to the live action Static Shock http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/10/21/wa...ontent-series/.

Ooh, new announcements. And they're numbered, which I like.

1. That sounds epic.
    2. At first I was like 'Eh, never heard of this'. But then I reached 'Teen Titans Go!'. Yeah, not for me.
    3. Evil girl scouts? Sounds pretty interesting.
    4. I love Homeward Bound so I hope this turns out good just from the summary.
    5. 'Darker versions'. I'm not sure I explained this here before, but I'll keep it simple. If anything is justified or described simply by 'darker', 'edgier', or any of those other faux-mature keywords it really annoys me. And besides, most of the important character have already been shown in plenty deep and dark lights, even the Big Blue Boyscout himself. I'm not sure why we need anything darker at this point.
    6. Sounds interesting. 'Over the course of one night'? I feel like that may keep this to one season or however these things are set up, which may be a bit sad if this turns out good.
    7. Not familiar with Veronica Mars.
    8. What?
    9. Every couple words made me go 'What? That's awesome'. Looking forward to this. And hey, maybe Richie can actually be gay here and not just have the creator say he is.
    10. Mortal Kombat? No more details needed, this sounds awesome (As long as it doesn't turn out like the second movie).

Quote Originally Posted by colomb View Post
    Looking forward to the live action Static Shock http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/10/21/wa...ontent-series/.
    Hmm, I hadn't actually heard of this. Since Static wasn't included in WB's main slate with movies like Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad, will this movie be made by another branch of WB, like Shazam is? If so we could get a more light-hearted Static Shock, but it won't tie in to the rest of the DCCU, hmm...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast