Page 2 of 353 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Review This Song, Then Post Another

Quote Originally Posted by FireTheAbsolLord View Post
    It was a beatiful, light, cheery song to listen too, but I can't understand a thing. It's nice and I personally liked it alot. I can't understand anything though! 9/10

Yellowcard - Fighting
    5/10 not bad, but it just sounds like everything else my sister listens to.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_scNxF1Wxhw
    115-Elena Siegman from Call of Duty Black Ops.

Great song! I just started the Black Ops campaign! Where can i download this song??
    I'll give it 8/10

Killswitch Engaged- Starting Over
    Formerly, Chariking

Never been their biggest fan, but Ive never aposed them.Some quite nice harmonies, and the clean vocals are pretty nice. I love that 80' galloping riff in the verse. I know I keep saying this, but for the most part all this metal core sounds quite samey. (with the gallop in this song being an exception.

8/10 for it being better than the last metalcore track posted.

Ray Lamontagne - Within You

I had to see another video because that one wasn't working. It is the same song though.

So it seems very peaceful and relaxing, with doses of melancholy mixed in. It has a sort of blend that makes your heart lift though, or maybe all this I'm feeling is just personal without any sort of reason behind it. It gives me a nice sensation, and the strings in the background are very beautiful.

9/10

Antonio Vivaldi - Spring, Allegro
    Sorry for doing Vivaldi again, but not many classical pieces are under four minutes and I don't want to put a long song in here.
    Last edited by starliteevee; 5th January 2011 at 4:27 PM.

My fic, Drowning. Chapter 3 rewritten as of 7/22/2014!
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to 00swms for the beautiful banner!

Not bad but not my type of thing 4/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qibe0UC2jU8
    Sur Tes Pas- the theme for a french show called Wakfu

@~-Overheat-~ Sorry, I don't know where to download it.

EDIT: @ starliteevee 2/10, I really don't like anything classical.
    Last edited by Dark Eevee; 5th January 2011 at 4:34 PM.

Nice, reminds me of nightwish crossed with Autumn's Grey Solace, or it did untill about 50 seconds. Sounds like pretty standard melodic power metal with a bit of a symphonic element to it. Not sure how much I like the sound of French vocals, though that just a personal preference, but they aren't bad as such. The break down around 2:50 seemed a bit predictable. But all in all a nice uplifting track, that I imagine would work nicely as a theme for a show.

7/10

Jimmy Eat World - 23

very calming 7/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXELTWot_FI
    Nightwish-Ghost Love Score

6/10

I used to enjoy that song, and it's one of their better pieces. The climax of the song is still great, but the interest has faded with time. Definitely the best on Once, an album that's littered with some lackluster songs. The background chorus is wearying after a while, especially since it plays for a good deal of those ten minutes.

"Good Morning, Captain" by Slint

7/10

Not really my thing, but it's very atmospheric, I have to say.

Falling Down - Atreyu

Currently trying to fix the mistakes I've made.
        Spoiler:- Sad story:

7/10 sounds like a cool song

Moment 4 Life--Nicki Minaj
    nam nam nam nam

I got no ideas for a sig

4/10. Not my thing. I don't mind some rap but that's the kind I don't really like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0PYwPMnUCM

8/10

It's too hardcore for my taste. I like more upbeat music. However, I enjoyed the instrumentals very much. lol

Only The Good Die Young - Billy Joel

(Personally, I like the Glee version 10x better, but I don't want people's bias affecting the rating)
    Bye </3 You got what you wanted, Zabi. Congrats, your lies worked.

10/10, I love the song and i like the glee version better too.

Damn It, Janet - RHPS

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

5/10
    Pretty jumpy and would normally be fun to listen to, and it sounds like a good song to dance to, but it's just not my cup of tea. A bit too jumpy I think.

Pirates of the Caribbean Theme

My fic, Drowning. Chapter 3 rewritten as of 7/22/2014!
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to 00swms for the beautiful banner!

I always did like that theme. 7/10 because it's too short. :c

Camel - Freefall

6/10. Might just need some more listening but it's not really my thing. Not bad though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqEwhrQZAmI

5/10 It was a good song and i like Neil young I just thought it was to long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-e6oS8lGMo
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

No. Just no.

Merkabah - Narwhals

Can I just ask if we can have a rule where you have to write at least 1 complete sentence if your going to post? I know a few people are, but it comes across like some are just rating for the sake of posting a song.

Interesting, my first thought was Swans when I heard the start. Loveing the sort of jam session in the middle, sounds nice. Some interesting effects on the guitar towards the end, sounds like it could be some sort of rotary effect or something. One of those things my pod has that you never think will come in useful lol some nice funky bass playing too.

quite nice, 8/10

Moss - Subterranean (only first ten minutes)

Whilst I love the music, I don't really see how the vocals add anything to the song, in fact I think they distract from the essential enveloping and submerged sound of the music and to be honest sometimes vocals like that just sound a bit silly. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather it was an instrumental track. Still very good though.

7.5/10

Swans - Blind

You're my wife now!

I really got into swans this last year, but I'm not familiar with this track, what album is it of? It sounds like latter era swans. I know a lot of people prefer the more brutal/agressive earlier stuff, but I tend to prefer their more melodic side. This track is really nice, I love the almost ethereal feeling the synths provide in the background over the constant pulsating arpegio. As much as I like Gira's voice, I think Jarboe's vocals would have been nice, though i don't know if she was in the band at the time of recording.

I'm going for 9.5/10

Grey Waters - Broken

I didn't like it at first, mainly because I found the guitar to sound a little tinny but trying too hard to dominate the instrumentals at the same time. That and I sometimes see this kind of music as a watered-down attempt at metal. However, when I listened to it a bit more, it started to grow on me a fair bit more. The singer's voice is pretty generic but the song itself has a nice atmospheric feel to it that I don't hear very often.

6/10

Paint It Black - Sigma

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart
    Can I just ask if we can have a rule where you have to write at least 1 complete sentence if your going to post? I know a few people are, but it comes across like some are just rating for the sake of posting a song.
    yes please
    Last edited by Noctourniquet; 6th January 2011 at 3:47 PM.

I wasn't sure at first, the sped up break beat was getting a bit annoying, but fortunately, some bass came in and added some variety. I like the ethnic sounding samples in the background. I'm quite fond of how this type of music builds up layer at a time, its something I'm quite interested in when composing music. I would say there isn't much by way of variety, but I think I might be missing the point really. Reminds me a little of Pink Floyd's The Great Gig In The Sky when the female vocals occasionally come in, and oddly the rythems/music remind me a little bit of a 'neo-medieval' band called Covus Corax. I'm actually quite liking this, though I doubt I'd go out of my way to listen to more of it.

Good solid track, 8/10

Lord Wind - Atlantean Monument

Page 2 of 353 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast