Page 3 of 356 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Review This Song, Then Post Another

POST AT LEAST ONE SENTENCE ABOUT WHY YOU LIKE OR DISLIKE A SONG.

7/10

I definitely like the tribal and ominous feel to the song. Very dramatic. The video stopped with about 30 seconds left and wouldn't play again, but I liked what I heard. I'm usually not a big fan of pure instrumentals, but this one definitely passes the test.

Edit: Listened again and it played the whole song. Didn't really miss much, but it was still good.

Power - Kanye West
    Last edited by Lbsweet96; 6th January 2011 at 10:10 PM.

I'm very fussy with modern hip hop. I'm not overly fond of his voice, or phrasing really. I suppose the chanting in the background is quite nice. The tone on the drums or drum sample is quite nice, but I feel it gets a bit repetetive. There's a nice synth sound around 3 and a half minute, but it disappears far too soon. The occasional high pass filter on some of the vocals didn't grab me either.

4/10 sorry

Les Discrets - Les Feuilles de l´ olivier

Awesome, very awesome, maybe I will check these guys. 9/10

Testament - A Day of Reckoning
    Last edited by QingLong; 6th January 2011 at 10:27 PM.

Not heard that track for ages. I was going to say I've not listened to thrash for ages, but I stuck on Dekapitator ten minutes or so ago. Definately my favorite album by them. Nice riff, nice vocals, genrerally good song. nothing else to say. Bit of a classic if you ask me.

9/10

Alcest - Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde

7/10 The song is good. But, alternative songs are just way too similar for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1xY7Heaqg8
    Aqualung- Jethro Tull
    3DS FC: 2964-8589-5538
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf -- Town: Utopia
    Mayor: Chuck
    Please PM me with your friend code if you add me.

Alternative songs are way too similar? Care to show me a band that sound like Alcest? cause ive been looking a while

Ive got a really awesome live version of that somewhere. I think I prefer it to the studio version, as they seem more together as a band, and its mixed better. The riff is a classic. A band I keep meaning to get into more, but never get round to doing so.
    8/10

Walknut - Come Dreadful Ygg
    Last edited by Hammerheart; 6th January 2011 at 11:09 PM.

Not really my cup of tea, but I like the intro. 3.

Rock Mafia - The Big Bang

One of my new favorite songs. The video is pretty good once you get over the fact that it's Miley Cyrus (Who doesn't sing at all).

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

i don't really like it. it doesn't seem upbeat enough for me.

Another Day - Tune Up!

Not really a fan of that sort of stuff; pure electronic sounds with some d&b just don't float my boat. The vocals were pretty meh too. 4/10.

Pink Floyd - Sheep
    Last edited by palingensia; 7th January 2011 at 3:02 AM.

Meh, It was...okay. Not really my type. 7/10 though, because I could stand the beat for 10 minutes...why do I always get the long ones?

The Used - The Bird And The Worm

Oh that's golden. I haven't listened to The Used in so long... Wow, really takes me back haha. Thank you for re-introducing me to them. Great song, great band 8/10.

Skrillex - Kill Everybody
    A̛͔̘̮̮͓̲̤͉̍̔̋̋ͯ̊͆͡s̨̻̼͖̣̮̫̙̦ͣ̓̋̍̇͌ͨ-̧̭̞̻̺̼͓̱̮͑̾̒ͪ̄̚͜S̪̺ͨͦ̉͢a̮̽ͭ͛ͧ̐͢l̶̈́ͧͣ̊̀ͤ͌͏̘a̫̎͗̎̆̉ͬ ̘͍m̷̧͔̝͖̰͖̼̀ͧ̓ȕ̡̠̪͆͊ͬ̓̀͝ ̢̙̺͆ͥA̢̻̠̖̪̎̄̊́l̛̈́̔͠͏̗̞̙̟͙̩͖ă̵̱ͤͬ̈̔̃ͤ̚y̝͔͎̌̀͆ͪ͌̌́ ̗̻͇̳̲k̴̰̰̘̯͕̦̐͢u̖̙̥̯̺̗̲̳̮̐̿̽ͫͩͫ͟͞m̡̘̰̫̓͆̔ͣ̏ͭ̂͡ ̟̟̜

I' sensing the could be some heavy sort of electronic music heading my way from that intro. The thing going on in the background is quite annoying, I assume its a heavily vocoded voice. Theres a nice pulsing synth comes in around a minute. It's a bit too 'random' for my liking. I can appreciate what their doing, but I think id struggle to sit through too much of that. Despite me saying random, its actually quite predictable and repetitive, save the odd different sample.

4/10

Emancipator - Greenland

Great track. I enjoy the way the instruments are used, they are all in the background with nothing shoved in your face not even the strings. It allows me to focus all each instrument individually without issue. It does kind of fade into the background however.

8/10

to make things interesting, the most out there song I can think of:
    OhGr- Whitevan

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

eh. i couldn't get into that song. the music is good, i'll admit..but just not my style. i'll give it a 7.

Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears

That was alright, I liked the vocals and the music both, but it didn't really leap out at me as being anything special. Just sounded ever so average.

5/10

The Angelic Process - We All Die Laughing

You're my wife now!

I love the drum introduction. I like the heavy sound combination between the noise and foreground instruments. 7.7/10

Crystal Castles - Baptism

Rather catchy right from the start. The sound of the synths is less annoying than in other Crystal Castles songs I've heard. Not bad.

Then the vocals come in. Maybe they're an "acquired taste" but they sort of stick out so much in the mood of music it annoys me. Electronic music has never been my thing anyway, and the blips and bleeps do wear out a bit.

Seems like something I'd never like, just because it's not something I'm into. Maybe if I got some shitty acid I'd like it more.

Immolation - Into Everlasting Fire

Old school, very nice. If I were into DM as much as I used to be I'd enjoy it more. Immolation is good stuff, not their greatest song though. Vocals are nothing special, but the music is where it's good. 1:46 - 2:40 = godly.

6/10

Comadre - Hit Me Up On My Celly Cell
    A̛͔̘̮̮͓̲̤͉̍̔̋̋ͯ̊͆͡s̨̻̼͖̣̮̫̙̦ͣ̓̋̍̇͌ͨ-̧̭̞̻̺̼͓̱̮͑̾̒ͪ̄̚͜S̪̺ͨͦ̉͢a̮̽ͭ͛ͧ̐͢l̶̈́ͧͣ̊̀ͤ͌͏̘a̫̎͗̎̆̉ͬ ̘͍m̷̧͔̝͖̰͖̼̀ͧ̓ȕ̡̠̪͆͊ͬ̓̀͝ ̢̙̺͆ͥA̢̻̠̖̪̎̄̊́l̛̈́̔͠͏̗̞̙̟͙̩͖ă̵̱ͤͬ̈̔̃ͤ̚y̝͔͎̌̀͆ͪ͌̌́ ̗̻͇̳̲k̴̰̰̘̯͕̦̐͢u̖̙̥̯̺̗̲̳̮̐̿̽ͫͩͫ͟͞m̡̘̰̫̓͆̔ͣ̏ͭ̂͡ ̟̟̜

Reminds me of modern punk, but with a nod to the old school. I like clapping along with the drums, I think that works quite well. Not a fan of the vocals though. chanting is pretty cool, but I think chanting works better with background music. Though it has just sort built back up which was alright.

6/10

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kBx07tUHes]Blood Ceremony - Master of Confusion[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    Reminds me of modern punk, but with a nod to the old school. I like clapping along with the drums, I think that works quite well. Not a fan of the vocals though. chanting is pretty cool, but I think chanting works better with background music. Though it has just sort built back up which was alright.

6/10

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kBx07tUHes]Blood Ceremony - Master of Confusion[/url]
    Intro isn't anything special. Then it just kicks into another Sabbath worship band. The vocals are fairly matching with the music but nothing special on their own.

Not bad. Just wish it was a bit more original. 6/10.

Celtic Frost - Procreation (Of the Wicked)

Ive never really given them a proper listen before now. In my mind Ive always thought they sounded like Venom on speed. But this is a lot slower and almost doomier. I can appreciate their significance, but its doing nothing for me.

6/10

The Cure - The same deep water as you

I've been enjoying The Cure alot lately. The Disintegration album is amazing. 8/10

This is my friend's band live. I like this performance alot.

Big League - "Norm and Jesse"

It does sound a little generic, but that said, it does seem a well written song. I think I will award an additional point for the keyboard players waistcoat and dancing skills
    I think given the current trend for that sort of indie rock here in the UK, they could be quite popular if they got decent exposure. but alas, its not for me.

6/10

Death in June - But, what ends when the symbols shatter?

It does sound a little generic, but that said, it does seem a well written song. I think I will award an additional point for the keyboard players waistcoat and dancing skills
    I think given the current trend for that sort of indie rock here in the UK, they could be quite popular if they got decent exposure. but alas, its not for me.

6/10

Death in June - But, what ends when the symbols shatter?
    Been meaning to check out Death In June for awhile. The guitar work is rather nice but the vocals seem a bit odd and not to my taste.

Some bells come in and sorta annoy me tbh. There's some weird stuff that seems to be attempting to make an atmosphere that I can't get into.

The sudden ending is a bit weird too and not to my taste as well.

4/10

Morbid Angel - Chapel of Ghouls

Noice! Can't beat early Morbid Angel in terms of Old School Death metal. Well maybe you can with Electrocution but that's a debate for another thread
    Great riffs, great solo's, and some nice drumming.
    "FOOLS YOUR GOD IS DEAD!!!" Classic

10/10

Cathedral - Utopian Blaster (Ft. Tony Iommi)

Page 3 of 356 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast