Page 12 of 356 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Review This Song, Then Post Another

I'll admit that I'm not a fan of black metal or viking metal. So that's going to affect my rating, but as for the music...let's just say that there are some songs that work well being 10+ minutes long. This is not one of them, sadly. Haha, if half the riffs had been cut out, the song would probably be around 6 minutes long and would have worked much better. At 10:44, it's just far too stretched out.

3/10

Shadow Venger - All I Have Left (Instrumental)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryubane View Post
    I'll admit that I'm not a fan of black metal or viking metal. So that's going to affect my rating, but as for the music...let's just say that there are some songs that work well being 10+ minutes long. This is not one of them, sadly. Haha, if half the riffs had been cut out, the song would probably be around 6 minutes long and would have worked much better. At 10:44, it's just far too stretched out.

3/10

Shadow Venger - All I Have Left (Instrumental)
    9/10: I actually really enjoyed that. The guitar especially was great. The music was awesome in the background when I was writing something, thank you for sharing

Eyes on Fire - Blue Foundation

I'm sure you knew it was going to be mentioned, but I can't hear this song anymore without thinking of Twilight. XP It's not a completely awful song though. Just not my favorite.

6/10

UKF Dubstep - August Mix

Not really my thing, but I must admit, it wasn't too bad

6/10

Lights Out Dresden - Wetlegs

My 2 bands, Killing Fantasy and Refuse To Assent

Seems a little generic, but not bad. The melody over the chorus is nice. Not really my cup of tea though.

5/10

Temnozor - White Thunder Roars

I loved the opening melody with ethnic instruments and how that flute kept coming back in with the guitar and drums. If it weren't tagged as black metal I'd have had no idea that it was. It's very folky and melodic, actually.

8/10

The Offspring - Half-Truism

9/10 one of my all-time favourites =D I've loved this song ever since it came out

Electric Six - Gay Bar
    xD

Currently trying to fix the mistakes I've made.
        Spoiler:- Sad story:

It's Gay Bar. 'Nuff said, no? :P
    9/10

Dream Theater - These Walls

My 2 bands, Killing Fantasy and Refuse To Assent

Quote Originally Posted by Armobyss View Post
    It's Gay Bar. 'Nuff said, no? :P
    9/10

Dream Theater - These Walls
    Probably my favourite from Octavarium, besides the title track. That strong synth is just awesome

8/10

Magdalena - A Perfect Circle
    life is
    a game

one of my least favourite tracks from mer de noms tbh. it doesn't help that it follows the hollow either. 6/10

Mastodon - Sleeping Giant

7/10. It was pretty cool, I never heard of the band though., and it was a wierd vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RveKBiIcoaQ

Spoiler:- Banner Credit:

3/10. never cared for that song even back in the days when i didn't mind them.

Sleep - The Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Tyrant View Post
    3/10. never cared for that song even back in the days when i didn't mind them.

Sleep - The Druid
    Not my cup of tea at all. But to each his own. 2/10

"Final Fantasy XV - XV
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/124c38k.png[/IMG]

I love it 8/10 it reminds me of the song Mockingbird by Eminem (don't ask why I have no idea),
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxIcocIs4Ys
    Seven Day Mile by The Frames such an emotional song.

4/10

I found it kind of boring outside of the opening guitar, to be honest.

Nightwish - FantasMic

One of Nightwish's best songs, in my opinion. It's got everything a great song needs; strong, melodic vocals, great progression, and amazing solos and riffs. The harpsichord synth in the intro and flute in the middle deserve special mentions. Also, I love the song because it was inspired by Disney films.

10/10

Ayreon - Age of Shadows

I like the song. It starts out all mysterious and and blows up awesomeness. The beat, guitar, lyric, its cool. But its not really my kind of my music. But it beats Ke$a and Pink any day.

8/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEzXFuYN89k
    Welcome to SPPf! Where everything's made up and the points don't matter! Yup, the points are like...any argument in this forum!

I have claimed Wooper!

edit: this was at ryubane. i just listened to a shitty 10 minute song and i don't feel like listening to the above one and redoing my rate. deal with it.

reviewing as i listen so if this sounds awkward you'll know why.

opening is rather cheesy, and incredibly difficult to take seriously. too bouncy and over dramatic. the vocals are interesting but the synth/keyboard/whatever is incredibly annoying.

the vocalist has range but his pitch annoys me. drums sound mechanic and aren't doing anything interesting and the synthy thing is still being melodramatic and ****ing irritating. what i can hear of the bass is pretty standard too.

so far the only thing i can think of CHRIST THIS IS ****ING CHEESY

it's probably youtube's quality but i don't like the way it's produced either. the intruments sound cluttered.

the solo/whatever at the 3:50ish mark i think was unnecessary and it seems like they were using it to help progress through the song but it just ended up being awkward.

the acoustics that kicked in at 4:37ish aren't too bad. vocals are a bit more stand out here. still don't like his pitch.

the female vocals that kick in around 6:20 are nice. i like her more than the dude, even if she isn't as talented, but this is also around where the GET TO THE ****ING POINT part of me kicks in. long songs are okay but this is ridiculous and isn't going anywhere.

at by 7:40 i want to tell them to shut the **** up and get to the damn point.

things kick back in at 9:10. i'm relieved, but still find this to be rather cheesy.

THE AGE OF SHADOW HAS BEGUUUUUUUUUUUUUN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

cheesy, "epic" metal. not my thing. 11 minutes of nothing. 2/10.

Sepultura - Slaves of Pain
    Last edited by Evilyn; 21st February 2011 at 3:48 AM.

That was decent, if not terribly innovative. Drumming and guitars were good throughout which was pretty much needed because I didn't think much of the vocals (at least they were sparse :P) and the lyrics were uninspired to say the least. Good, clean riffs but the transitions could have been done better. Overall, not really my style and generic, so 6/10.

SWLABR - Cream

As we wind on down the road~

Pretty decent song, I felt that the guitar could get a bit...warbly, for lack of a better word. But the lyrics weren't terrible and the guitar wasn't half bad. 6/10

Apocalyptica - Fight Fire With Fire

I've never really saw the fuss with them. Though granted the cover is better than their own solo work wich I really think is pretty dire.

4/10

Viter - Dzherelo

I really liked the first half of the song, the instruments were really nice, not a fan of the vocals though. Overall a cool ambient (?) metal song, the music video's imagery was really nice too.

7/10

Radiohead - Pyramid Song

It took quite a while for the song to become interesting at all (about a minute), and it took even longer (about two minutes into the song) to pick up. I also found the singing voice incredibly silly. 3/10

Edit: Bah, Ninja'd. That was directed at Hammerheart.

@Fenix: I honestly can't get into the song at all. The piano is really nice but the vocals in this song are kind of off-putting. 5/10

Alestorm - Leviathan
    Last edited by Umbreon-dana; 21st February 2011 at 10:25 PM.

I never really liked that track. I remeber when it first came out on the EP it was ok, but nothing special. I found Wolves of the Sea to be far better than it (even if it was a cover)

6/10

Dark Forest - Defender

That was pretty good, honestly. I'm not a fan of the lead vocalist, but the instrumentals were awesome (I particularly liked the guitar, the drums were good, but not as good), the backup vocalist weren't half bad, and the lyrics were great. 8/10

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Make You Feel Better

Page 12 of 356 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast