Thread: Re: The later Ranger signs in GS are... hard (slight spoilers). O_O

Default Re: The later Ranger signs in GS are... hard (slight spoilers). O_O

I got Ranger 3 for Christmas and just finished it (slow, I know >_>), and I loved the game. But one thing about it that sort of irked me was the later signs in the game. Especially that one you have to draw on the door in the Sky Fortress in order to fight the main boss (won't say who that is because of obvious spoilers). I mean, it's not so much the signs that are hard, but the fact that you have to do them in one stroke and within a certain amount of time. Even Japanese kids, who'd have experience with difficult letters because of kanji, would have trouble with it, I think. Kanji doesn't have to be done in one stroke, or within a certain amount of time.

The earlier signs aren't hard, but I think the Kanto bird trio's and Ho-Oh's (oh, God... Ho-Oh's...) are quite difficult, especially for the kids these games are aimed at. And as for that sign on the Sky Fortress's door I've already mentioned, I had to try over thirty times to get it right. I have a feeling a lot of young kids would get really impatient and frustrated at that.

I just wanted to know/make sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Don't get me wrong; Guardian Signs is a great game, and I really enjoyed it, but... The signs... XD
    I'm looking to boost my Join Avenue. I'm offering free Starters (Bulbasaur through Oshawott) for Gen V games. Genders, Natures, nicknames and Pokerus are all requestable. I can also guarantee one perfect IV if you want a specific Nature, and two if you don't. All are legitimate (non-hacked, non-RNG and non-cloned). Please keep requests reasonable; I'm happy to trade you two or three Starters in one session, but anything more and I'll generally ask you to wait until the next day. PM me if you're interested, and I'll usually get back to you within 24 hours.

Pokemon White 2 FC: 1336 0839 8807

Some of the Ranger signs are pretty hard to draw. I remember playing the Japanese version of Guardian Signs earlier this year, and having to ask around for help drawing several of the harder signs. The limit on how much time you get to draw the signs seems to be what frustrates most people. I didn't like that we were rushed when it came to drawing them (since I like taking my time to make them pretty lol), but I figured that having to draw them quickly was one of the challenges in the game. Without that, the game just wouldn't be as fun (IMO). I'm wondering if I'm the only person who believes that the challenge of drawing the signs is part of the allure of the game :s

The signs weren't really that hard to draw (except for maybe a couple of the event signs). Anyone who's passed a 1st grade art class and has decent reflexes should be able to do them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I had a lot of trouble with the Legendary Birds, especially Articuno and Zapdos. Sky Fortress and Ho-oh were pretty tough but not the worst for me.

Really? I believed they were all easy. Ho-oh's sign was the most aggravating to draw. Overall, it was fine for me.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

I have not got to the hard ones yet.
    "Prepare to be zapped by Lightning!"

Reshiram Man is my PokeCommunity username.

Ive never found any sign hard, strangely. Metagross took some time trought.

I sometimes find Entei's to be hard to draw because I rush to complete it within the time limit, and sometimes the bottom parts turn out too rounded.
    Latias' sign is also hard for me to finish within the time limit. >_<

Seriously, why do we have to complete the sign within a certain amount of time?

The signs for me are only difficult when i haven't played for a while, I decided to replay the game about a month after i'd beaten it and the legendary pokes were some-what difficult to draw

I can make the Ho-Oh sign shiny(charged)! (Probably 'cause i practiced on paper for like a half hour) but the birds and the sky door were murder though.
    Last edited by WillieNelson; 26th May 2011 at 9:27 PM.

Credit to FrozenConstellation

aipom, hands down.

Click him please!

the tigers, latios and ho-oh i memorized. never tried the birds. a hard one though, mewtwo's
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

some of them arent that bad,but for some reasons the latios one never works for me. but yeah the legendary birds were crazy,same with metagross

Once I got the habit of using Ho-oh's Sign for a re-match with it, I could do it quite easily, even when charged.

However, I found Mewtwo's Sign quite hard, as I could not really remember it too well...

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.