Thread: Computer-Controlled Characters in Multiplayer Co-op?

Default Computer-Controlled Characters in Multiplayer Co-op?

Alright, so I'm trying to come up with ways to get that damn Deoxys (why did they have to force you to have two players to catch that bastard? I don't think enough people would buy the game for them to be able to do that) when I came across this:

http://www.gamepro.com/article/revie...guardian-sign/

In one of the captions, and in the second to last paragraph, the article mentions being able to team up with computer-controlled teammates. Does anyone know anything about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

This is probably a misunderstanding from before too much was known about the game. There are no computer players available.

The multiplayer stuff does seem really unfair. I have access to two player, and even then dungeons are nearly impossible. How are you supposed to do them in one player without grinding to 5 times the recomended level?
    Will-Powered Spriter

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    The multiplayer stuff does seem really unfair. I have access to two player, and even then dungeons are nearly impossible. How are you supposed to do them in one player without grinding to 5 times the recomended level?
    I haven't even gotten past Tangrowth because he takes forever to beat with one player. It takes hundreds of circles to capture him. I think if they want to try something similar in the next game, they need to either:

1. Make it so you can team up with other players via Wi-Fi (because then we could just post a thread here for people to get together and complete the missions)
    2. Allow for single players to team up with computer players.

or

3. Just make the missions doable for a single player.

The whole thing kinda sucks because the Ranger series isn't popular enough for them to do something like that. It'd be fine for the main series, but not Ranger. I have several friends that play pokemon, and I'm the only one who got this game, meaning I'm totally screwed. And even then, the only reason I got it was for the Meteor Mash Deoxys. Talk about ironic, huh? I guess the only way for me to get it is to get another copy and have one of my friends help me (he doesn't mind playing the game, he just doesn't think it's worth the money).
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

This is probably a misunderstanding from before too much was known about the game. There are no computer players available.

Its true you have to go above the recommend level going solo but I actually managed to do this as a bonus because I was getting the levels while trying to get some slates from boss pokemon of previous levels.

If you want to get passed tangrowth I recommend getting drapion from the first level.

However I do agree it was risky to go for a non-wifi multiplayer as I am the only one who plays pokemon out of all of my friends, so when I want to have a normal pokemon battle from the main series I have to use wifi. Computer rangers would be the easiest solution because i think wifi would be too much as it would cause too much lag.

I am also very disappointed that I cant get deoxys either .
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I too, am very disappointed about what has been done about this multiplayer malfunction, as I call it. The only reason I bought the game was because I could get a heatran with eruption, manaphy, shaymin, and deoxys, but still have yet to get deoxys >.> Im stuck at magmortar anyway, it seems impossible to keep going unless you have players around you. No one around where I live plays pokemon ranger, let alone plays pokemon, so I am kinda ****ed.

Days without 3DS:
    41 and counting
    GOAL: To have a bigger trade shop than varanus_komodoensis & Zold :3
    I have Alpha Sapphire, but my 3DS is broken and I am waiting to receive it repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmoday View Post
    I too, am very disappointed about what has been done about this multiplayer malfunction, as I call it. The only reason I bought the game was because I could get a heatran with eruption, manaphy, shaymin, and deoxys, but still have yet to get deoxys >.> Im stuck at magmortar anyway, it seems impossible to keep going unless you have players around you. No one around where I live plays pokemon ranger, let alone plays pokemon, so I am kinda ****ed.
    i also only got it for those reasons and i was very mad about how hard the multiplayer is

go hidan

I don't use "uber" Pokemon,I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection and I sometimes care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are barring unfortunate natures, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar and re-worded a little by me)

http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/InfernapeX3
    please hold my eggs and feed my pokemon

I cant help you with deoxys as I am yet to find a solution, but if you want to get past magmortar I recommend using piplup, i got past it using piplup with level 3 - 2 - 3 in that order. It might be sensible to level up your styler too.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I'm in the same situation except for being stuck on Magmortar. I'm still stuck on Tangrowth. Now the game feel like a total waste of money for me because the whole reason I bought the game is unattainable because no one else I know cares about the Ranger series.

Use an Action Replay with infanite time cheat like I do! (no flaming please, I'm just trying to help).

Credit to FrozenConstellation