Thread: Rate my teams 4 black/white

Talking Rate my teams 4 black/white

I hav sum ideas 4 pkmn teams 4 these games and just want confirmation or suggestions. My teams r:
    White
    Daikenki
    Hydro Pump
    Mega Horn
    Blizzard
    Surf

Zeburaika(will change to Zekrom after elite 4)
    Thunder
    Overheat
    Thunder Wave
    Volt Change

Victini
    Fire Blast
    Focus Blast
    Energy Ball
    Psychic

Waruvial
    Earthquake
    Crunch/Foul Play
    Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    Aerial Ace

and for Black i m thinkin:

Enbuoh
    Flare Blitz
    Hammer Arm
    Head Smash
    Wild Charge

Yanakki
    Seed Bomb
    Rock Slide
    Dig
    Acrobat/Bite

Baibanira/Baivanilla/Vaivanilla
    Blizzard
    Ice Beam
    Flash Cannon
    Mirror Coat

Barujiina
    Fly
    Brave Bird
    Punishment
    Bone Rush

Also, how do u get images on this. I'm new on serebii. But not as a pkmn player. How many pkmn do u guys hav. i hav 486 and wud luv 2 trade 2 get all of them. i m missin deoxys, shaymin, darkrai, arceus,celebi,manaphy,and phione. i can offer groudon, latios, a shiny raticate, mewtwo, moltres and a shiny cresselia(in which case i'd want a regular cresselia and i'd trade something else)

Quote Originally Posted by morningsun View Post
    I hav sum ideas 4 pkmn teams 4 these games and just want confirmation or suggestions. My teams r:
    White
    Daikenki
    Return
    Mega Horn
    ice Beam
    Surf

Thunderbolt/Wild Charge
    Overheat
    Thunder Wave/Nitro Charge
    Volt Change

Victini
    Flamethrower
    Focus Blast
    Energy Ball
    Psychic/Psycho Shock

Waruvial
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    Fire Fang/Claw Sharpen

Enbuoh
    Flare Blitz
    Hammer Arm
    Head Smash
    Wild Charge

Yanakki
    Seed Bomb
    Rock Slide
    Brick Break
    Acrobat/Shadow Claw

Body Purge
    Ice Beam
    Flash Cannon
    Mirror Coat

Barujiina
    Fly
    Brave Bird
    Dark Pulse
    Bone Rush

Also, how do u get images on this. I'm new on serebii. But not as a pkmn player. How many pkmn do u guys hav. i hav 486 and wud luv 2 trade 2 get all of them. i m missin deoxys, shaymin, darkrai, arceus,celebi,manaphy,and phione. i can offer groudon, latios, a shiny raticate, mewtwo, moltres and a shiny cresselia(in which case i'd want a regular cresselia and i'd trade something else)
    If you're using HM slaves in the last two slots, don't. You only need Cut to progress through the story, there are only four you can use pre-nat.dex.

I suggest an Ice type and Dark/Ghost/Steel type for white and a Water type and Ground or Dragon type for Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

White
    Daikenki
    Return
    Mega Horn
    ice Beam
    Surf

Thunderbolt/Wild Charge
    Overheat
    Thunder Wave/Nitro Charge
    Volt Change

Victini
    Flamethrower
    Focus Blast
    Energy Ball
    Psychic/Psycho Shock

Waruvial
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    Fire Fang/Claw Sharpen

Enbuoh
    Flare Blitz
    Hammer Arm
    Head Smash
    Wild Charge

Yanakki
    Seed Bomb
    Rock Slide
    Brick Break
    Acrobat/Shadow Claw

Body Purge
    Ice Beam
    Flash Cannon
    Mirror Coat

Barujiina
    Fly
    Brave Bird
    Dark Pulse
    Bone Rush

If you're using HM slaves in the last two slots, don't. You only need Cut to progress through the story, there are only four you can use pre-nat.dex.

I suggest an Ice type and Dark/Ghost/Steel type for white and a Water type and Ground or Dragon type for Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post

I wasnt plannin on hm slaves. i typically just use 4 pkmn. i dont understand why i need n ice type if i hav a daikenki w/ blizzard or why i need a dark/ghost type if i already hav 1(waruvial). Also, everything tht water types cover, rock, ground, and fire, my enbuoh and baibanira can defeat w/ hammer arm, ice beam/blizzard, and head smash. my yanakki knows dig so tht shud cover tht and a dragon type wud b useless bcuz all tht wud do is cover other dragon types and i generally use ice types 4 tht(baibanira). i m not completely rejecting ur theory and completely respect ur perspective but i wud like more clarification on the matter. plz do not b offended. thnk u.

It's very hard to make a team that doesn't have few types overlap and have supereffectives overlap. I tried to list useful types that at the same time gave you extra resistances and to use extra pokemon. The saying stregth in numbers stays true to a pokemon team as well and really pays of on the defensive side (and depending on the type and movesets it benefits the offence as well).

It's very hard to make a team that doesn't have few types overlap and have supereffectives overlap. I tried to list useful types that at the same time gave you extra resistances and to use extra pokemon. The saying stregth in numbers stays true to a pokemon team as well and really pays of on the defensive side (and depending on the type and movesets it benefits the offence as well).
    so then shud i just use 2 really bulky pkmn tht hav a lot of resistences like dragon and steel and just call it a day or shud i really put sum thought in2 it. do u hav any ideas 4 the last 2 slots. like specific ideas 4 pkmn i cud use

why did sum of the moves i had written change whn u quoted them i didnt put body purge 4 baibanira, i wrote yanakki w/ bite/acrobat not shadow claw, i didnt want hone claws or fire fan on waruvial, there r countless problems w/ zeburaika, i didnt put return or ice beam on daikenki, i had hydro pump and blizzard, and i didnt write psychic/psycho shock just psychic. cud u plz xplain 2 me which 1 u rated, wht i had originally written or the quote, bcuz if it was the quote tht might hav bin why we r havin the differences of opinion and if not i wud luv 2 know why tht happend if u hav any ideas

so then shud i just use 2 really bulky pkmn tht hav a lot of resistences like dragon and steel and just call it a day or shud i really put sum thought in2 it. do u hav any ideas 4 the last 2 slots. like specific ideas 4 pkmn i cud use
    For your white team your fine to dump a Dragon and a Steel type on your team but it'll need a bit of thought for the Black team seeing as a Steel would make you fire weak.
    *reads end of quote* Hang on. Do you only want to use four pokemon or add on two more?
    (Note: Could you please use better grammar? I can deal with no capitalisation and changing unimportant words such as 'to' or 'you' to '2' and 'u', but 'cud','tht' and 'shud' is too far. /grammar natzee has left the building)

EDIT: The quote isn't glitchy, I simply deleted what I saw was wrong and typed out what I saw as right(so I didn't have to type in mainly similar sets). Yes, I am that lazy sometimes.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 8th January 2011 at 12:47 AM.

I always go with a water, fire, grass, flying, and electric, with one wild card as my sixth.

Water; Oshawott (I love water starters)- hydropump, icebeam, surf, dive

Grass; Shikijika (Cute!)- energyball, solarbeam, hyperbeam, cut

Fire; Pansear (I'll get it for free since I'm choosing the water starter)- fire blast, crunch, dig, flamethrower

Electric; Blitzle (Cool as they come, but I'll admit the electric spider came very close)- wild charge, nitro charge, giga impact, discharge

Flying; Pidove (Would have been a washibon if they were available earlier in the game)- sky attack, fly, razor wind, U-turn

W/C; Sandile (Cool)- crunch, dig, earthquake, sludge bomb

Or

W/C; Zorua (Very Cool)- embargo, night burst, shadow ball, foul play

Or

W/C; Kibago (The regional dragons are always a fave of mine)- slash, dragon pulse, strength, hone claw

Or

W/C; Kumasyun (Ignoring the fact that it has a blue snot-ball hanging from its snout, it's actually pretty cute and its evo is awesome)- brine/surf, blizzard, ice beam, shadow claw

Take for granted that I’ll fully evolve them all.

[QUOTE=Aurawarrior8;11848641]For your white team your fine to dump a Dragon and a Steel type on your team but it'll need a bit of thought for the Black team seeing as a Steel would make you fire weak.
    *reads end of quote* Hang on. Do you only want to use four pokemon or add on two more?
    (Note: Could you please use better grammar? I can deal with no capitalisation and changing unimportant words such as 'to' or 'you' to '2' and 'u', but 'cud','tht' and 'shud' is too far. /grammar natzee has left the building)

EDIT: The quote isn't glitchy, I simply deleted what I saw was wrong and typed out what I saw as right(so I didn't have to type in mainly similar sets). Yes, I am that lazy sometimes.[/QUOTE/]

I'm deeply sorry for my ignorance towards your dislike of improper grammar. If I had known I would've used more intricate, precise, and sophisticated language. The way I have been typing is how I talk on the internet with my friends. It's a force of habit. As far as having four pokemon goes I'm completely willing to use another pokemon if necessary. But I have triple or quadruple checked how to defeat every opponent I meet in the game. I was more or less leaning towards moveset changes. However if you can find reasoning as to why I need certain types of pokemon I will definitely raise something(s) of that/those types. I despise status moves that aren't mirror coat or counter because I find them a waste of a turn that you could very well die/faint in. Return is not a preferable move for me. I need aerial ace on Waruvial and i thought that you were against breeding to perfection. How did you come up with fire fang and body purge. Shadow claw I'll take into account, but I want a mixed Zeburaika. Also, Victini has the ability Victory Star, which boosts its accuracy by 10% so I'm not concerned about the low accuracy of fire blast.

Quote Originally Posted by erebus View Post
    I always go with a water, fire, grass, flying, and electric, with one wild card as my sixth.

Water; Oshawott (I love water starters)- hydropump, icebeam, surf, dive

Grass; Shikijika (Cute!)- energyball, solarbeam, hyperbeam, cut

Fire; Pansear (I'll get it for free since I'm choosing the water starter)- fire blast, crunch, dig, flamethrower

Electric; Blitzle (Cool as they come, but I'll admit the electric spider came very close)- wild charge, nitro charge, giga impact, discharge

Flying; Pidove (Would have been a washibon if they were available earlier in the game)- sky attack, fly, razor wind, U-turn

W/C; Sandile (Cool)- crunch, dig, earthquake, sludge bomb

Or

W/C; Zorua (Very Cool)- embargo, night burst, shadow ball, foul play

Or

W/C; Kibago (The regional dragons are always a fave of mine)- slash, dragon pulse, strength, hone claw

Or

W/C; Kumasyun (Ignoring the fact that it has a blue snot-ball hanging from its snout, it's actually pretty cute and its evo is awesome)- brine/surf, blizzard, ice beam, shadow claw

Take for granted that I’ll fully evolve them all.
    dive wud b a waste of a moveslot 4 daikenki. shikijika is a physical attacker not a special attacker so give it physical moves. razor wind isnt tht great of a move. go w/ roost or swagger instead as a last resort move or somethin 2 throw ur opponents off guard. sandile is the better of the 3 choices. zoroark sux and kibago wud b useless 4 u thru the game.

Alright then, Mixed Zeby it is.
    Zeburaika
    Wild Charge
    Overheat
    Nitro Charge
    Volt Change

Without Return or status this is probably the best Zebbies I can think of.

And about the breeding moves. I don't breed to perfection. I won't breed 60 eggs just to get perfect IVs in two stats, but I will be willing to breed for certain moves such as Yawn for my Gastrodon and Ice Fang for my Luxray. It's pretty easy to find a Darumakka on Route 4 with Fire Fang and breed after you get to Raimon and save the bike-seller(who activates two pokemon storage in the daycare) and it hits grass, bug and ice types.
    Body Purge may be far though as you have to wait until the after the fifth gym to get Klink. It doesn't have much else to use though.

Another reason to have more pokemon is the support in attacks. If you added a Fighting type to your arsenal then it is much easier to hit normal types which currently can only be handled by Victini's inaccurate Focus Blast. Once that Victini goes down you are left quite vunerable to Normals.
    It gives you the advantage of number over most ingame trainers as you should know and gives a level playing field to trainers who use six. There will be a situation where one of your pokemon has gone down and you may be unable to counter a specific pokemon and end up losing or getting put in a difficult situation where a balanced team of great number continuously manages to counter you're remaining pokemon.
    If you wawnt to use four pokemon then you can survive to defeat the game enjoyably(you will become higher levelled than you should because of your lower numbers) and your teams get good synergy offensively and defensively. There is no apcalyptic conseqeunce if you don't use six. The team is very smartly chosen for their synergy and anything from beyond here is an add-on, an optional extra.

I just realized why you might want me to put ice beam on Daikenki. If it's because of the accuracy of ice beam being better then that of blizzard, I'd like for you to know that I'm giving Daikenki a wide lens.

Alright then, Mixed Zeby it is.
    Zeburaika
    Wild Charge
    Overheat
    Nitro Charge
    Volt Change

Without Return or status this is probably the best Zebbies I can think of.

And about the breeding moves. I don't breed to perfection. I won't breed 60 eggs just to get perfect IVs in two stats, but I will be willing to breed for certain moves such as Yawn for my Gastrodon and Ice Fang for my Luxray. It's pretty easy to find a Darumakka on Route 4 with Fire Fang and breed after you get to Raimon and save the bike-seller(who activates two pokemon storage in the daycare) and it hits grass, bug and ice types.
    Body Purge may be far though as you have to wait until the after the fifth gym to get Klink. It doesn't have much else to use though.

Another reason to have more pokemon is the support in attacks. If you added a Fighting type to your arsenal then it is much easier to hit normal types which currently can only be handled by Victini's inaccurate Focus Blast. Once that Victini goes down you are left quite vunerable to Normals.
    It gives you the advantage of number over most ingame trainers as you should know and gives a level playing field to trainers who use six. There will be a situation where one of your pokemon has gone down and you may be unable to counter a specific pokemon and end up losing or getting put in a difficult situation where a balanced team of great number continuously manages to counter you're remaining pokemon.
    If you wawnt to use four pokemon then you can survive to defeat the game enjoyably(you will become higher levelled than you should because of your lower numbers) and your teams get good synergy offensively and defensively. There is no apcalyptic conseqeunce if you don't use six. The team is very smartly chosen for their synergy and anything from beyond here is an add-on, an optional extra.
    By status I didn't mean moves like thunder wave, swagger, stun spore, poison powder, or confuse ray. I only meant moves like leer, scary face, and swords dance. As far as the accuracy of focus blast goes it'll be much better because of victory star. However, I may consider Roobushin. Also, I'm very comfortable using four pokemon. These are some of my past teams:
    Fire Red- Charizard, Pidgeot, Seadra, Electabuzz
    Emerald- Swampert
    Before E4- Manectric, Pelliper, Ninetales
    After- Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre
    Diamond- Torterra, Staraptor, Lopunny, Dialga
    Soul Silver- Feraligatr, Heracross, Ampharos, Ho-oh

As far as "Ubers" go, I don't know what exactly an Uber is. I usually do pick pokemon based on the pokemon on the boxart if that's what an Uber is but if I don't know whta 1 is that should exclude me from people who do use them.
    Ignorance can sometimes be a weapon. hahahahaha.

sorry I meant to say i pick games based on the box art not pokemon themselves

dive wud b a waste of a moveslot 4 daikenki. shikijika is a physical attacker not a special attacker so give it physical moves. razor wind isnt tht great of a move. go w/ roost or swagger instead as a last resort move or somethin 2 throw ur opponents off guard. sandile is the better of the 3 choices. zoroark sux and kibago wud b useless 4 u thru the game.
    Cheers for the input, especially with the whole shikijika + special attacks thing, I really appreciate it.

I was leaning more towards sandile really, more due to its early availability in the game. So yeah, I probably will end up picking it as my W/C tbh.

As for putting dive onto oshawott, I try to put as many of the HM moves on my main team members as possible (sounds crazy, I know). I dislike having weak pokemon on my team as HM slaves when at the end of the game. So I’ll probably stick with my main choice of moves for oshawott.

Quote Originally Posted by erebus View Post
    Cheers for the input, especially with the whole shikijika + special attacks thing, I really appreciate it.

I was leaning more towards sandile really, more due to its early availability in the game. So yeah, I probably will end up picking it as my W/C tbh.

As for putting dive onto oshawott, I try to put as many of the HM moves on my main team members as possible (sounds crazy, I know). I dislike having weak pokemon on my team as HM slaves when at the end of the game. So I’ll probably stick with my main choice of moves for oshawott.
    You only use Dive once... After the Elite 4... Just to get some Arceus plates and expensively sold items. In fact you can only use Cut about three times too. IN FACT, the only HMs you really 'need' are Surf and Fly. Use an HM slave.
    Don't use Sludge Bomb if it isn't Gamergeroge or a Poison type. Hydro Pump OR Surf. Fire Blast OR Flamethrower. Rock Slide over Crunch. Return > Giga Impact. Volt Change/Overheat/Thunder Wave > Discharge Return > Razor Wind.
    Next time, post your own thread and format the team correctly.

Next time, post your own thread and format the team correctly.
    What? I thought that this thread was for anyone to post their team plans to get them rated. If it isn't then I sincerely apologise. Plus, I didn't know that there was a proper format to follow. Sorry.

Got some good info from it though, so thanks for that.

That's the reason we have a subforum for it. Too many teams, not enough raters some teams gest missed etc. And if you haven't found the rules:

Pokemon@Item
    Ability/Nature
    EVs
    -Move 1
    -Move 2
    -Move 3
    -Move 4

EVs and nature aren't required and the ability isn't if the pokemon only has one ability.