Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Battle According to Lenora (674)

Default The Battle According to Lenora (674)

Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!

After solving the problem in the museum, it's now time for Ash's Gym match against Aloe. As her Pokémon are of the Normal-type, Ash has no super effective Pokémon so is sure to face a challenge against her Miruhog. However, her Yooterii proves to be an even greater challenge. Will Ash defeat her?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

So Oshawott lost first to Miruhog, then Yooterii battled Tepig and defeated it.
    Aloe definitely knows to switch pokemon when it is needed. Ash should've been smarter. And it seems that Ash felt into Yooterii's sweetness trap. First it is cute, but in the battle it's strong.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

wait a second, she's allowed to switch pokemon? When's the last time a GL was allowed to do that?

Really? I first thought Aloe might switch her Pokemon and gym leaders did switch there Pokemon before Ash battles blaine, but since his battle with blaine no switch outs, until i guess this episode.

So what attacks did the Pokemon use?

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    wait a second, she's allowed to switch pokemon? When's the last time a GL was allowed to do that?
    Was it ever stated that they couldnt? or you got that from the american version?

I always though they didnt switch because they just didnt want to.

Did the opening have new silhouettes or was it the same?

Just looked at the pictures on Serebii so far.

Ash vs Aloe:
    Tepig vs Yooterii-Yooterii uses Roar right away.

Oshawott vs Yooterii-Aloe recalls right away(Wasn't aware Gym Leaders could do that).

Oshawott vs Miruhog-Miruhog uses Mean Look and Ash can't switch. Miruhog wins easily and is recalled.

Tepig vs Yooterii-Yooterii wins easily.

Aloe won without losing a single Pokemon. Ash didn't do that good at all in here. I'm surprise, I though Yooterii would have at less lost but I was basing that on how Gym Leaders can't switch but I guess they can now.

We see the egg in Ash's lap.

Team Rocket steal the meteorite.

The training part is in the next episode as well...something I didn't think would be the case. Hopefully the training doesn't take away from the rematch.

Moves used(By my best judgment):
    Yooterii:
    Roar
    Shadow Ball
    Take Down

Miruhog:
    Mean Look
    Thunderbolt
    Low Kick

It was a nice episode. I'm sure it'll be even better when I watch the video of it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    Did the opening have new silhouettes or was it the same?
    It was the same old intro since the last time. Nothing about it changed.

I have to admit, it threw me for a hell of a loop when Aloe switched Pokemon. I mean, I'm so used to Gym Leaders not being allowed to switch. I guess the rules are different in Unova.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Osiris View Post
    I have to admit, it threw me for a hell of a loop when Aloe switched Pokemon. I mean, I'm so used to Gym Leaders not being allowed to switch. I guess the rules are different in Unova.
    How exactly? It was similar to the first gym except that instead of 3 people with 1 pokemon each, it was one person with 2 pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    It was the same old intro since the last time. Nothing about it changed.
    Except that all of them are coloured in right from the start.

So someone said that Pokabu vs. Yorterry was the last battle, i was hoping Mijumaru vs. Miruhog would be, oh well.

Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Except that all of them are coloured in right from the start.

So someone said that Pokabu vs. Yorterry was the last battle, i was hoping Mijumaru vs. Miruhog would be, oh well.
    I believe they were also all colored in at BW14, the last one to be filled in was Koboar in BW13 (bel's episode).

Not from the start, but in this episode they were.

Not from the start, but in this episode they were.
    Koboar was already filled in from the start in the last episode. Other people can confirm this.

COMPLETELY FABULOUS

-Speaking of the guy, his Sommelier-ness was brought up again so I'm thinking there is something to that. I just don't know what they're doing with it.

-So they replaced the maze with a "test" of sorts, making Satoshi have to choose a book in order to find the gym battle (she was cluing him the whole time by slightly tapping the book at the beginning. Quite smart)

-First of all, HNNNNNNNNGGGHHHH. Second, I can't believe there's finally a "kawaii" Pokemon that wants to hug Iris. Thought that would have been a running joke. Well, then again, he seemed to like everybody.

-Okay, so the match starts with Yoterii vs. Pokabu but then OH SNAP SON! IT USED ROAR. Then Miju comes out and is half-asleep. Seriously, I loved this part with Miju. He had no idea what he was doing and acted the same way a guy would if you woke him up at 7 am and told him to fight a wrestling match. The best parts were when he was Low Kicked by Miruhogg and when he got up he had this psycho smile and laugh and was all "BRING IT ON!"

-He did well with Satoshi Water Gun'ing Miruhogg from above but he ultimately lost to a Thunderbolt. Then it was Pokabu vs. Yoterii again and it proved clearly why having just Tackle and Ember as moves is a horrible, horrible idea. Yoterii just Take Down'ed that and finished Pokabu off. His dejected face was soooooo adorable.

-Dento having Pikachu on his shoulder was just wrong for some reason

-So I thought the match would be interrupted by the TRio which would lead to a battle over the meteorite, but I guess the writers are done with that cliche and decided to have them steal the thing at night like a sting operation. Okay, they've officially become competent thieves. There's no denying it now.

-With a fully charged Poka and Miju ready for revenge, it's time for training at the Battle Club. (Satoshi's in a swimsuit again? This quickly? :P)
    Last edited by garfield15; 6th January 2011 at 4:28 PM.

Uh no, we zoomed past Chaobuu in the last episode opening and it was blank then it was shaded in, now it was already coloured in, no colouring.

Uh no, we zoomed past Chaobuu in the last episode opening and it was blank then it was shaded in, now it was already coloured in, no colouring.
    That might be it, in the zoom part it could been dark but then shaded in. But on the last episode, in the last part of the opening, it already looked colored.

The episode way okay, nothing out of the ordinary unless people start making a big deal about Aloe somehow switching pokemon, but it was not mid-battle but after one pokemon fainted. They also designed Aloe very thick, she looks almost as wide as as Don George.

I totally loved this episode, I can't wait until Ash has his rematch with Aloe.

Also to the people wondering why Aloe can switch her Pokemon in a Gym Battle, the reason is because she's just so awesome, that she can do that.
    My Youtube Account: XCutieBlondieX

Me: Thumbs up if you like the new Black characters in Pokemon Aloe, Iris, and Renbu! ...oh wait...
    Caitlin: What? Is this youtube now? ._.
    Cynthia: Thumbs up.

Tepig and Oshawot were taken out fairly easily. What were TR doing, and what did Don Quixote tell Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    What were TR doing,
    Stealing and switching the real meteorite for the fake one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    and what did Don Quixote tell Ash.
    (Don Quixote?)

Satoshi wanted some help to beat Aloe and he was basically saying he was going to put him through some very tough training

The episode was pretty much Ash getting pwnted and him getting angry at several things, but then realizing he has been taking it easy too much and needs to toughen up and be manly.

Aloe being allowed to switch Pokemon was a total asspull. Not being able to switch has been standard rules for a while now.

It'll only be justified if every other leader in the region is also allowed to switch, because then it will be fair.
    Last edited by TheNewGuy; 6th January 2011 at 5:32 PM.

First of all, that was never said as a rule.

Second, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe the rule for the gym match was a 2v2 but the Pokemon they picked had to fight the Pokemon they went up against. That's why when Poka was Roar'ed out, she switched to Miruhogg.

That whole roar thing was kind of dumb, im not sure what was the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    That might be it, in the zoom part it could been dark but then shaded in. But on the last episode, in the last part of the opening, it already looked colored.

The episode way okay, nothing out of the ordinary unless people start making a big deal about Aloe somehow switching pokemon, but it was not mid-battle but after one pokemon fainted. They also designed Aloe very thick, she looks almost as wide as as Don George.
    Who cares?! Wow people complain about the little things. Not really watching this ep since once the dub starts I'll just be watching it and not coming here for spoilers anymore. But from the sound it seems like it was not the best battle

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast