Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Battle According to Lenora (674)

Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    That whole roar thing was kind of dumb, im not sure what was the point.
    Well Aloe is a Gym Leader and they do have to fight as hard as they can no matter how close they are with Ash beforehand. So I was thinking that Roar might of been Aloe's tactic in order to get a sneak peak of Ash's second Pokemon therefore leaving her to switch out if she felt a bit threatened by it or maybe saving best to last even though Miruhog is probably her main Pokemon out of the two.

The episode was pretty much Ash getting pwnted and him getting angry at several things, but then realizing he has been taking it easy too much and needs to toughen up and be manly.
    Well there is also Team Rocket now having the meteorite. Also, Ash didn't look angry more frustrated if anything.

That whole roar thing was kind of dumb, im not sure what was the point.
    To know what Pokemon Ash has and will be using, so Aloe can then think of a strategy to beat them.

It can also catch you off guard and that could affect your game.

EDIT: Also, just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's dumb.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 6th January 2011 at 6:17 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

These last two gym matches were better than a majority of the ones in DP. Seriously the anime cast is doing a great job. I can't wait for next week's episode. Also Teshub stop being so picky. What you dislike about the episode has more to do with you rather than the actual episode itself.

So...how many seconds of screen time did team rocket have in this episode? 10 seconds or 30 seconds?

1. Yootery was so "kawaii" lol

2. Aloe switching pokemon makes sense since in Unova they migth have different views on GLs switching pokemon.

3. Mijumaru is psychotic lol.

4. MijumAru and Pokabu have gotten OHKO'd too easily lately. Its embarrasing. Ash needs to train more.

5. I had a feeling Ash was going to lose 2-0.

6. Dent w/ Pikachu looked wierd.

7. Team Rocket was impressive tday.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Well there is also Team Rocket now having the meteorite. Also, Ash didn't look angry more frustrated if anything.

To know what Pokemon Ash has and will be using, so Aloe can then think of a strategy to beat them.

It can also catch you off guard and that could affect your game.

EDIT: Also, just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's dumb.
    I see how you needed to do that edit because it would have been pointless to roar when there are only 2 vs 2. It offered no strategical advantage except starting out with two different pokemon. It's not like she could rawr and then picked something suitable to battle mijumaru, because she only has 1 option only, the meerhug.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    First of all, that was never said as a rule.
    Maybe not in Unova but it has been in the other regions.

Or were you referring to Unova specifically?

Really? I first thought Aloe might switch her Pokemon and gym leaders did switch there Pokemon before Ash battles blaine, but since his battle with blaine no switch outs, until i guess this episode.
    Well ignoring the fact that was Kanto where battles weren't exactly written very well, it wouldn't really count. Since thankfully Johto introduced referees to the battle, making battles a bit better.

So...how many seconds of screen time did team rocket have in this episode? 10 seconds or 30 seconds?
    I'd have to say their switching sequence was fairly long, so about 30 seconds, maybe more.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    These last two gym matches were better than a majority of the ones in DP.
    I beg to differ.

The first 2 Gym matches in DP had a lot more going on with them with Paul battling Roark, Roark's Cranidos evolving, and Ash battling Gardenia in the forest before their official match. Not to mention Ash was also a lot more focused on training for his battles than he is now. The 2 Gym matches Ash has had in BW were pretty straight forward with very little build up, which made them a lot less exciting in my opinion.

This match was OK at best, hopefully the rematch will be a lot better.

I see how you needed to do that edit because it would have been pointless to roar when there are only 2 vs 2. It offered no strategical advantage except starting out with two different pokemon. It's not like she could rawr and then picked something suitable to battle mijumaru, because she only has 1 option only, the meerhug.
    Maybe it was to force Ash into using the 2 pokemon he had. Maybe he didn't want to use Mijumaru but since it was forced out, he had to use the two he ended up showing instead of using pikachu or snivy as the second pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    They got about a minute and 20 seconds.

Speaking of them, the way they stole the meteorite was pretty awesome to me. Just shows how awesome they are.

It wasn't pointless.

This is how it went:
    Yooterii vs Tepig-Aloe had Yooterii use Roar to see Ash's other Pokemon.
    Yooterii vs Oshawott-Aloe recalls Yooterii because Oshawott is a Water type.
    Miruhog vs Oshawott-Ash goes to recall, but Aloe doesn't want that and blocks it. She then uses Miruhog's Thunderbolt against Oshawott, providing an advantage for her thanks to the use of Roar.

It was a strategy she used, to see what Ash had and act on what she sees best fit. She figured Miruhog's Thunderbolt would be useful so she used Miruhog instead of Yooterii. It wasn't pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    These last two gym matches were better than a majority of the ones in DP. Seriously the anime cast is doing a great job. I can't wait for next week's episode. Also Teshub stop being so picky. What you dislike about the episode has more to do with you rather than the actual episode itself.
    This.

I got more pumped of the BW gym battles because of the pace and so far they haven't been disappointing.

It was torturing to wait for 20 or 30 or 50 episodes for a gym battle.

Aloe looks so cool and Yoterri(?) is so kawaii, Great strategy Aloe used in this battle, LOL @ people calling this pointless! and seeing Team Rocket being competent after 12 years is always a relief!

Again like Shooti's case, Ash deserved to lose, come on! you need to train more, Oshawott & Tepig are far behind Pika & Snivy. ._.
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 6th January 2011 at 6:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by random_person#4840 View Post
    Maybe it was to force Ash into using the 2 pokemon he had. Maybe he didn't want to use Mijumaru but since it was forced out, he had to use the two he ended up showing instead of using pikachu or snivy as the second pokemon.
    Pretty sure that's not the case. I think you have to decide which Pokemon you'll use before challenging. It always seems that way to me.

Pretty sure that's not the case. I think you have to decide which Pokemon you'll use before challenging. It always seems that way to me.

That would explain why she used roar. Because if Ash chose before the battle then that would make sense then.

But unless the Poke balls and Pokemon (Yorterri) and moves are really sentient (as in it's roar attack). Even if Ash chose Tepig and Oshawott, why would roar work as it was intended to do so? Seems like it would only work if Ash's other Pokemon were in his backpack and not on him.

Then again I wondered why there was a scene showing Ash holding two Poke balls.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    I know it's a shame James doesn't even have a Pokemon yet and we have not seen much of Jessie's Koromori at all.

A really good episode on its own, a bad episode in continuity.

Brock (I mean, Dento) did a ton of talking. This was horrific development for Dento b/c he's the EXACT same as Brock in these gym battles. Always serious looking throughout the match, while Iris was playing Dawn, smiling in anticipation. I don't know why it never struck me either until this episode, but Dento is way taller than Ash and Iris-there was one scene where Iris and Ash were shown at about eye level walking, and then Dento walked by, and he was so much taller-his face wasn't even shown; I always remember Dawn and Ash were about the same heights, while Brock was a good deal taller. This episode could just as easily had Brock in Dento's place at the gym, and you wouldn't have known the difference at all-and that's very, very, very, very bad.

The battle itself was pretty good. I liked at how Ash wasn't put off by the attitude change in Aloe's dog pokemon, showing how he was really taking the battle seriously. That's really good. Also the way Piplup's cousin fired water gun (I think that was water gun) was also nice; seemed like it curled a little, which I, using a little imagination, can take to mean Ash has done some training. Not bad. Overall, Ash's composure during the battle was nice to see, except for 1 scene which really annoyed me.

What I didn't like was 2 things. One was where Ash started jumping for joy at how Piplup's cousin managed to defend against the thunderbolt by using its shell. As we saw later on in the episode, if that thunderbolt had landed, it would have been a KO. I don't see why Ash would be excited over dodging a hit that he has to dodge. It's not like him, and it was only encouraging Piplup's cousin's attitude that it's so great-an attitude which I personally dislike, so take this criticism with a grain of salt. Aloe even made Ash's reaction look even worse in how she recognized all she needed to do was get rid of the shell, which she skillfully accomplished. Ash had no plan B (the way he was celebrating, it didn't look like he even had a Plan A; he was never that excited over the moves he worked so hard on in Hoenn or in Sinnoh when he used them in gym battles, and maybe that's b/c he expected those moves to work with all of the practice he put in).

The 2nd thing is my major nitpick with this episode. Why did Ash look so depressed after the loss? Like he had no idea what to do. Hasn't he lost gym battles before? He's always been driven to figure out what to do himself, often doing special training with the same pokemon. He certainly never showed that type of extreme doubt in himself in those episodes (Anabel, Brandon, Roark, Gardenia, Fantina; my favorite one is Brawly, where he was actually upset for losing). I very much dislike Ash's immediate reaction to his loss; he looked sort of like Dawn.

Finally, I really hope this is the end of Ash being overpowered in battles for awhile, b/c it's getting to be too much. Takuto, Shooti, and Aloe make four huge battles pretty close to each other where Ash has been totally overmatched-and seemingly, doesn't mind it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by wind21 View Post
    This episode could just as easily had Brock in Dento's place at the gym, and you wouldn't have known the difference at all-and that's very, very, very, very bad.
    Ah, but you wouldn't have gotten the Sommelier discussion or the sparkles. Seriously, if it was Brock, you wouldn't have had that FABULOUS moment at all and just short things like that are all I need to separate the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by wind21 View Post
    What I didn't like was 2 things. One was where Ash started jumping for joy at how Piplup's cousin managed to defend against the thunderbolt by using its shell. As we saw later on in the episode, if that thunderbolt had landed, it would have been a KO. I don't see why Ash would be excited over dodging a hit that he has to dodge.
    Well, because it wasn't dodging. It was blocking. Satoshi always gets happy over "my pokemon can do stuff yours can't" stuff. And there isn't anything wrong with psyching Miju up.

Default erm

i like the pics of the ep, but ash seriously needs to toughen up i mean all these regions and can't give pokemon proper moves lol.

also stop callin ash satoshi. we all know hes called ash grr
    Pokemon white L100 rotation team

Shiny Zoroark

AVID GTS USER
    Im willing to trade if a reasonable offer is given, but never done it before so may need a little guidence :P

Ah, but you wouldn't have gotten the Sommelier discussion or the sparkles. Seriously, if it was Brock, you wouldn't have had that FABULOUS moment at all and just short things like that are all I need to separate the two.
    This. That was pretty much my favorite part of this whole episode. (don't get me wrong, I liked the episode, but atm Gym Battles are boring me ^^; )

I laughed at what sounded like Aloe calling Dento "Sommelier Boy" X3 another part I loved about the episode was Yorterri. It's sooooo cute!! It reminds me of my dogs so much XDDDD being all hyper and friendly and wagging it's tail then suddenly GRRRRRRRRRRR xDDDDDDDD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    That would explain why she used roar. Because if Ash chose before the battle then that would make sense then.

But unless the Poke balls and Pokemon (Yorterri) and moves are really sentient (as in it's roar attack). Even if Ash chose Tepig and Oshawott, why would roar work as it was intended to do so? Seems like it would only work if Ash's other Pokemon were in his backpack and not on him.

Then again I wondered why there was a scene showing Ash holding two Poke balls.
    I assume that scene with Ash holding two of his Pokeballs was implying(Or actually saying(I don't understand Japanese so I don't know what was said)) he selected those two to battle. Don't know what else it could mean.

Also, I think Roar would just call out another Pokemon the opponent was going to use. So the Pokemon Ash planned not using wouldn't be affected just the other Pokemon Ash planned to use, in this case it was Oshawott.

It's hard to say really since we don't always get an explanation and it's mainly just implication.

Quote Originally Posted by Raichu:) View Post
    i like the pics of the ep, but ash seriously needs to toughen up i mean all these regions and can't give pokemon proper moves lol.

also stop callin ash satoshi. we all know hes called ash grr
    First off, any move can be used to a degree where any of them can destroy you. So Ember and Tackle while not the greatest for in-game, they can knock out 5 Pokemon at once in the anime(I'm exaggerating(Then again I think moves have been used in the anime to take down a bunch of Pokemon at once...)).

Second off, Ash has "given" most if not all his Pokemon decent and/or proper and/or power moves in terms of in-game power. It's just it's done later, which is very reasonable since most of the Pokemon seem to lack experience from the start so their is a ton of potential down the road for them. Also, a lot of the time it's not even the trainer's decision to "give" a Pokemon a move, it just happens on it's own, at less that's how it usually is in Ash's case. But still, Ash hasn't had his Pokemon(Besides Pikachu) for that long yet so he's still getting use to them and such.

Third off, Ash will be training next episode with Tepig and Oshawott, which in turn will toughen them and him up.

Fourth off, Satoshi is Ash's Japanese name, so people have the right to use it since it is his name. Now if they were calling Ash "Bob" then that would be an incorrect name and would be a variety of things. Although they can call him "Bob" if they like there is no law against it, but it would be incorrect and would lead to possible confusion and overall just make the people calling Ash "Bob" rather ignorant. But regardless, calling him Satoshi is a choice and people can call that if they like, especially since it is his name.

Fourth off, Satoshi is Ash's Japanese name, so people have the right to use it since it is his name. Now if they were calling Ash "Bob" then that would be an incorrect name and would be a variety of things. Although they can call him "Bob" if they like there is no law against it, but it would be incorrect and would lead to possible confusion and overall just make the people calling Ash "Bob" rather ignorant. But regardless, calling him Satoshi is a choice and people can call that if they like, especially since it is his name.
    Well.....in the second Pokemon movie DUB he did say he wished his mom named him Bob instead of Ash. XDDDD but I agree. I think people should be able to call Ash Satoshi if they'd like, coz after all that is his name. (so.......can we start calling him Bob too? jk)
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

So 2-0 huh? Well Aloe's strategy was extremly good, forcing Miju out to use her Mirhogo's thunderbolt against it. Then removing the shell brilliant. When it was spinning around like that, it kinda reminded me of counter shield technique lol. Yorterry was a toughie too. I thought it was gonna evolve this ep

Team Rocket being cool as usual :P
    I'm really wondering if the lid and wing fossils are connected with that meteorite.
    X Version, Friend code
    4098 - 3179 - 9820
    Friend Safari, Rock Type (Rhydon, Pupitar, Boldore)

Quote Originally Posted by Chill92 View Post
    So 2-0 huh? Well Aloe's strategy was extremly good, forcing Miju out to use her Mirhogo's thunderbolt against it. Then removing the shell brilliant. When it was spinning around like that, it kinda reminded me of counter shield technique lol. Yorterry was a toughie too. I thought it was gonna evolve this ep
    Looked to me more like the writers making Ash lose the battle (hence the training episode) without making his pokemon look like complete losers. I also find it interesting how some people who haven't even seen the full episode, only screenscaps, are assuring us the gym episodes are so much better than anything than was ever done in DP. Gotta love feigned demagoguery.

Looked to me more like the writers making Ash lose the battle (hence the training episode) without making his pokemon look like complete losers. I also find it interesting how some people who haven't even seen the full episode, only screenscaps, are assuring us the gym episodes are so much better than anything than was ever done in DP. Gotta love feigned demagoguery.
    Or maybe the full episode has been out for like 8 hours now so at this point, it's been well seen and you just can't accept that people think differently from you.

Or maybe the full episode has been out for like 8 hours now so at this point, it's been well seen and you just can't accept that people think differently from you.
    Hey friend, Im just telling it how it is. Like gliscor&yanmega talking about how this was such a great episode just by looking at the screencaps.

-Looks like the OP is staying as-is for a while. No new silouettes for us!
    -All these bookshelves are giving me horrible flashbacks to doing this gym in the games. So many questions, such nonexistant ability to read Japanese!
    -Why are they getting derailed with Dento's talk of Pokemon Sommeliers?
    -I sympathize with how confused Ash is right now.
    -Oh, of COURSE the first book Ash tries is the right one.
    -...did Aloe just call Dento "sommelier boy"?
    -Seriously, what the hell is everyone saying. I'm totally lost.
    -Gym battle time at last!
    -Iris thinks Yorterrie is adorable. Of course.
    -The fact that that one guy is calling his WIFE "Mama" still freaks me out.
    -Aloe IS calling Dento "sommelier boy"! That's great. As is Dento being completely ~fabulous~ in the previous scene.
    -Ash sends out Pokabu, but Aloe has her Yorterrie roar it away! Thus accomplishing...uh...something.
    -Awww, lookit Mijumaru's -_- face right after it gets sent out.
    -And now Mirhog used Mean Eye on Mijumaru. I guess Aloe's trying to throw off whatever strategy Ash had planned, but...yeah, I'm not buying it.
    -I love how Mijumaru's just all "what" about all this.
    -...hey wait a minute, why the hell is Pikachu hanging out on Dento's shoulder? Come to think of it, why is everyone standing on the sidelines in the first place? I seem to recall most gyms having loads of bleachers. Sure, the audience was never big enough to make them worth it, but THEY STILL HAD BLEACHERS.
    -...and now Mijumaru just looks scary.
    -Aloe looks surprised that Mijimaru can guard against electric attacks.
    -That Miruhog is quite a breakdancer.
    -And Mijumaru is DOWN!
    -Aloe brings Yorterrie back in and...heyyyy, wait a minute! Now that I think about it, since when do GLs get to switch Pokemon mid-battle? ALOE IS CLEARLY CHEATING.
    -Ash lost with record speed! Not that I blame him; Aloe is a bitch to beat even in the games. How can one Miruhog and one Harderrier hit so hard. HOW.
    -Ash is moping...and resting his head on the egg. The writers have to remind people that it exists at least once an episode, you know!
    -Iris and Dento give Ash lots of advice, and...it's just making Ash more frustrated! But at least it snapped him out of his funk, and now he's ready to train for a rematch!
    -Joy suggests that Ash go to the Battle Club. That...makes sense, really.
    -Meanwhile, TR is doing stuff in the museum. Zzz.
    -Their meteorite switch goes off without a hitch. That's nice, I guess. God, I want some real action in this subplot again. :(
    -This is the most dramatic entry into a battle club EVER.

My final opinion: An interesting episode that would be more interesting if I had any idea what people were saying. Fortunately, I'm sure that once I read what everyone else is say, I'll find out what I want to know!
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast