Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Battle According to Lenora (674)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Don't try and make Ash seem like a complete idiot since he's not.
    Just mostly :P

Team Rocket's antics are getting quite interesting. Do you think this is because they now consider themselves elite? When Giovanni considered them incompetent, they acted as such. But now that it appears they have gained his favor (somehow...), they've certainly stepped it up. I won't lie, though, as awesome as they are, I've had some definite facepalm moments where I feel they're acting *too* serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    I won't lie, though, as awesome as they are, I've had some definite facepalm moments where I feel they're acting *too* serious.
    The problem is Jessie/James lost their old personality. I have no problem with them being competent, but this doesn't seem like the same Jessie/James we've known for 13 years. Where is Jessie's vain attitude and James meekness? Couldn't they still have their old personalities and be competent at the same time?

Meowth is the only one that still seems similar to his old counterpart, especially when he dressed up as an Umbreon in BW4.

I don't care if Jessie and James lost their old personalities. I like them way better now.

This episode was wack. Ash's battle against Aloe was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    I saw nothing wrong with it. What was so horrible?
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

As it was said, the rule for this gym was that they could switch their Pokemon whenever they wanted. Satoshi even had a strategy involving this but, oh well, Roar screwed him over.

These episodes sure make sense when I fully understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    It sucks that Satoshi loses from time to time. He should just tank them all all the time and not even try to train the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    I don't care if Jessie and James lost their old personalities. I like them way better now.
    The interesting thing there is that it's not so much as that they lost their old personalities as much as they regained their 'pre-Ash' personalities as we had seen them in their training flashback. But one thing that amazes me is that for Isshu to be so advanced, their security sucks. TR literally stole their meteorite in 10 seconds, though apparently they're ninjas now.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Ash was asked to pick 2 Pokemon for this battle. Effectively he "deposited" the rest of his pokemon, leaving only Mijumaru and Pokabu. I mean, we're not going to have him leave the gym to deposit it in the Pokemon Centre correct?
    This is the facilitating point of Aloe's Roar, Mean Look Strategy.

*This suddenly made me think they need to have PCs in gyms and limit the number of pokemon we can use in a gym in the games.

Aloe's Roar, Mean Look strategy looks lame because of 2 reasons.

Firstly, anime laws. In the games, if someone applied this strategy, we would be hardly worried because most of us would be confident that both our Pokemon are always alert and awake. But in the anime, no. Pokemon sleep inside their Pokeballs (Mijumaru LOL). That never happens in games. In the anime, such actions confuse the Pokemon, but obviously not in the games. That's why those who play the games might find it lame.

Secondly, it looks lame because Yoterii could have just taken down Pokabu from the start with Take Down actually. But of course, Aloe wanted to know about Satoshi's second pokemon (Mijumaru). To us, who have Serebii and information at our fingersfor the games, we already know all opposing trainers' pokemon. But remember, they don't know in the anime (Other than Aloe already telling Satoshi what she is using).

Sometimes, we need to appreciate the anime from the "Story-reading" point of view, and not as though we already know everything, like we do in the games.

That aside, Satoshi REALLY needs to train more. Pokabu and Mijumaru don't feel like they're past level 7 in the games (From the way they battle).

Yeah, Ash pretty much had no chance once Aloe used Roar. As soon as I saw that and then Mean Look I was like "He is screwed."
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Wouldn't be Pokemon if Ash didn't lose at least one gym battle, Ash always seems to have the toughest time against opponents that have a strategy set in place. It was nice seeing Ash actually have a strategy in place to defeat Aloe and it failed, but at least he modified it by thinking on his feet like usual and actually got some decent strikes in before he was shut down. Anyway cue Rocky training montage for Ash.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I never realised that lillipups could be so cute and adorable(do those 2 words mean the same thing?).
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2isyqsx.png[/IMG]

This episode was good. It was cool to see Yooterii for the 1st time, it's so cute! It was a great battle. Yooterii was so pumped right before the battle, it was as if it had 2 different personalities. The Roar+Mean Look combo was very clever and unique. Mijumaru really struggled against Miruhog. Miruhog was able to kick away the Scalsword, and then be able to deliver a big blow with Thunderbolt, knocking out Mijumaru. Pokabu also struggled, this time against Yooterii. Yooterii was just too quick and was able to take Pokabu down with Take Down attack. It was interesting to see TR steal the Meteorite in this episode.

78/100

This episode was cool. Lillipup is cute Watchog looks Scary ._. . Team Rocket is so Bad*** Nice to see Ash lose a gym battle. 7/10

The episode was pretty... average xD.
    Lenora seems really wise and comes off as a mother-like figure to me. After watching the episode, I like Lillipups and Watchogs a lot more. It was also very cool to see Mean Look being used O:.

What? Did no one watch the episode?

Goodbye Apron, we'll miss you.

It's too bad Ash lost, though not surprising.

Ash: Why isn't Ember working?

Me: Gee, Ash. I don't know...maybe it has something to do with Ember being one of the weakest fire-type moves?

lol tcpi never does paint edits why dont you take the japanese characters of the signs instead of taking some coloured chick apron if cause it might be racist
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Why did this start at 9:11 and not 9:00? Anyway poor Oshawott looked pissed off! Also anyone noticed Michelle's Jessie sounded just like Rachelle this episode?

Neat episode. Ash battles Lenora, but he loses. She is one tough Gym Leader. Ash is going to need lots of training, so he visits the Battle Club.

Meanwhile, Team Rocket steals the meteorite from the museum. What are they planning to do with the meteorite?

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    lol tcpi never does paint edits why dont you take the japanese characters of the signs instead of taking some coloured chick apron if cause it might be racist
    Maybe because they didn't? No dubbing company has the skills to do an edit that professional. I mean just look at 4kids, back when they were dubbing the show, editing of a rice ball to a sandwich and compare it with this- A sandwich can't roll down the hill because it would break apart. And yet a sandwich rolled down the hill without breaking apart, twice. And to top it off it looked off-model. It's clear it was done by the original, Japanese, writers. Heck in previous episode I couldn't even tell she had an apron before because the edit is clearly professional. Watch this version of the episode (and the other eps of Lenora without her apron) be aired in Japan when they re-air those episodes.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 14th May 2011 at 3:52 PM.

Who cares about the damn apron?!

Hehehe, I loved Iris's "OSHAWOTT IS NOT AMUSED" comment when Oshawott was first called out. It's like they're specifically speaking to the Internet fandom now.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    A few things..

1. Learn Japanese. That isn't any language, it's gibberish.

2. Who said TCPi did it? Chances are it was done by the original Japanese animatiors.

3. Who cares if the signs have words on them? They're signs, meaning they have to have words on them.

Pretty neat episode. I like that Ash lost his first Unova gym battle. Seeing Oshawott & Tepig again is annoying, but it was still fine. Lillipup is cute, but it's nice to see that Lillipup has some serious power and so does Watchog. The Roar and Mean Look Combination was a nice touch for Lenora. Hopefully Ash's training goes well!
    9/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

It looks like even in-anime characters can't even beat Lenora the first time. Was this referencing the game, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    It looks like even in-anime characters can't even beat Lenora the first time. Was this referencing the game, perhaps?
    I doubt it. I found it easy to defeat Lenora.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast