Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The Battle According to Lenora (674)

i loved this episode! and i LOVE the new team rocket!!! theyre actually cool now!

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    What? Have you not heard of Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, among other people? Yes, there was the Civil War, but blacks were still discriminated against until they got their freedom in the 1960s or maybe early 1970s. You learn this stuff in school. You could also try googling at as well.

Regardless, I thought the battle was nice. Having a Lillipup rather than Herdier right off the bat was pretty nice so her team is not exactly the same as in the games.
    -_- ??

That's different dude, they being discriminated doesn't mean they were slaves, they got civil rights between the 50's and 60's that's what happened.

Slavery was abolished in 1865 after the confederate states of America were defeated but hey this is a little offtopic.

All I gotta say is... Lenora is the OpraH of Pokemon!
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Why was Ash surprised and unaware of mean look when he seen it several times in the past seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Venomfang View Post
    Great, we're back to the titles with puns....
    Excuse my idiocy, but what's the pun in this title?

I still haven't gotten around to watching this, but from the looks of things, Ash is back to being really stupid. Great.

I liked the episode. Especially the part where Ash lost!

That was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance The Champ View Post
    Why was Ash surprised and unaware of mean look when he seen it several times in the past seasons?
    Who knows? He gets stupid again every time he starts again in a region. And Pikachu weakens.
    nam nam nam nam

I got no ideas for a sig

I think he was surprised and unaware of Roar, not Mean Look.

Still, a "pokemon master" should have heard of Roar.
    nam nam nam nam

I got no ideas for a sig

Good point, but he's not a master yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Good point, but he's not a master yet.
    And probably never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    And probably never will be.
    Who are you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Who are you.
    A dinosaur .

And did Lenora's Lillipup evolve or what?

Not in this episode.

Surprised Ash lost but you need a surprise. Love Lenoras character though and how she calls Clian Connsesour boy hehe. I liked her litle challange as well at the start that was quite intresting

I kinda liked this episode. I was a bit surprised at Ash losing, but I guess you can't win them all. Lenora was an interesting character.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Lenora is a good Normal type trainer, her Pokemon are awesome!
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Ash losing this battle doesn't befit the fact that everyone knows more over the years now. (Team Rocket, anyone?)

All I know is I beat Lenora with one Throh. If you can survive the initial Retaliate you pretty much got an even match. (Retaliate really is no joke though!)

Lenora's strategy was excellent but Ash with all his experience should not have been overwhelmed by it...

Lenora's roar and mean look combination was a excellent strategy, and using normal types in such a superb way...you can't really blame Ash for being caught off-gaurd.
    Team rocket stealing that meteorite and replacing it with a dummy was actually succesful in a sweet way...but where are the real dummies? ^^
    Eeveelution Ace Trainer
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/28tw9d4.gif[/IMG]
    -Credit to Purplepassion-

Diamond/Pearl team pre-national dex
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/20gijow.png[/IMG]
    -Credit to Gladeshadow, Dark Valley Request Shop

I didn't think Ash would win this battle. Not because of Mean Look and Roar, but mostly because Oshawott wasn't strong enough to beat a fully evolved pokemon that knew Thunderbolt just yet, and Tepig only knew two attacks. Good thing Ash is training them now.     Spoiler:- spoiler:

7/10

I’m usually not very big on the gym battle episodes, but I enjoyed this one a lot.

Let’s see... I thought it was neat how Lenora psychoanalyzes people based on how they interact with books (“She’s got your number!” Iris told Ash). I also like how the anime retained part of the whole book puzzle thing from the games. I also like how she referred to Cilan as “Connoisseur Boy.” I might have to start using that nickname for him.

Lillipup was so cute: I’d act just like Iris around it. But I liked how it got all tough as soon as the battle started. And Oshawott was funny upon being forced out of his ball. Although Iris and Connoisseur Boy did a little too much narrating, I liked how the anime really got into Lenora’s clever strategies. It was an interesting battle overall. And I have a funny feeling that somebody’s gonna evolve during the rematch.

And I’m kinda glad Ash lost... Lenora’s the only BW Gym Leader that kicked my fanny up and down the street the first time I battled her, so I’m glad I’m not the only one. Like Ash, I also had to regroup and rethink my strategy. It was touching how Ash blamed himself for the loss... But it was kinda weird that he got so emotional over that, but didn’t care when Trip gave him a good whippin’.

Oh, and I’ve always considered myself a Pokeshipper, but I must admit a part of me likes Negaishipping too. Iris holding Ash during that one scene, Iris telling Ash to go for it when the battle started, Iris concerned about Ash afterwards... A part of me really liked all that. Hmm.

Anyway, great episode... most of the BW episodes have been great. Still playing catch up, but it's fun.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

I've never been that fond of using normal pokemon that aren't flying, but Lenora makes a great case for them in her gym episodes, pointing out that they have no natural weaknesses. I really liked her. Apart from Cilan, she's been my favorite Unova gym leader. Too bad Ash got his butt whipped so thoroughly, though.

It's also bittersweet to think that this would be the end of Team Rocket's astounding 672-episode (leaving out Japan's first unaired episode) attendance streak. I don't mind them not being in every episode, though it was weird at first, but I don't like when they have long absences, like at the start of season 15.

7/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Lenora points out that Normal types have no natural weaknesses.

-Fighting
    -Steel
    -Rock

Good job Lenora.

Aside from that, it was obvious and made sense that Ash would lose here. However I thought it was very cheap that Lenora was allowed to switch pokemon when no other gym leader has that luxury.

This was a pretty neat episode. Ash and Lenora's battle was good. Lenora's Roar and Mean look combination was a clever strategy, which worked very well against Ash. Ash's Pokemon didn't stand a chance against Lenora's Pokemon in this episode.
    It's sad that Ash lost the match, but at least he'll do some serious training with his Pokemon to make them stronger.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast