Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Adventure! Discussion Thread

Neat! How far are you?
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated May 30th, 2016)
    It's got its own TV Tropes page!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine, winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!
    Heart Like A Stone, winner of Most Heartbreaking Fic and 3rd place Best Canon Character-Centric 2014!
    Solar System, 4th place, Villainous Intent

Hello everybody

Im gonna bump this. This manga reminds me of dragon Ball is Hilarious and is fun and mitsumi and cyrus are the best character but is a shame that the Pokemon manga community is boring they only pay attention to the recent plot discussion and ignore everything
    I just wish this community was more active and pay attention to other mangas and talk about new topics
    Last edited by I am serperior; 9th February 2017 at 5:56 PM.

Oh gosh IKR there's even direct character parallels. We just need to find out that Hareta has been an alien all along and Deoxys has to stage a tournament.
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated May 30th, 2016)
    Heart Like A Stone, winner of Most Heartbreaking Fic and 3rd place Best Canon Character-Centric 2014!

Well, we could trace a paralel between the series and "pre-Z" Dragon Ball.

I mean Hareta is son Goku with Pokemon

Especially early on without the backstories being known, yup, Hareta and Mitsumi are essentially pre-Z Goku and Bulma.

Quote Originally Posted by I am serperior View Post
    Im gonna bump this. This manga reminds me of dragon Ball is Hilarious and is fun and mitsumi and cyrus are the best character but is a shame that the Pokemon manga community is boring they only pay attention to the recent plot discussion and ignore everything
    I just wish this community was more active and pay attention to other mangas and talk about new topics
    This is a perfectly fun and solid manga, but unless we're talking about Fullmetal Alchemist or something here, not many people are going to talk about a series a decade after its conclusion. Probably didn't help that there weren't any scanlations back when it did first come out. I do see a good chance of more people becoming interested in this again when DP remakes get announced.
    Where'd I put my mallet?

Scanslations weren't really needed though since it was officially available. I mean it would be good to have scans for people who live in areas where they can't get the books, but that's about the only reason to have them. And scanslations don't equal popularity. There are scanslations for the Conquest "Color Scroll" stories, as well as for things like Golden Boys and Phantom Thief Pokémon 7.

And when people still talk about older arcs of Special despite them having very little relevance to the current storylines, I think it's really only fair. And frankly I'm tired of hearing about nothing but Special all the time. People get so up on it that they'll insist it's the only actual manga, and try to kick any discussion of other manga series out of conversations about Pokémon manga in general. Besides, DPA did a lot of things the DPPt arc of Special did and did them earlier, yet people fawn over the same developments in Special.

This is such a good series and it really shouldn't be kicked under the rug. If it takes talking it up after all this time to get people to pay attention to it, that's what we'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    Scanslations weren't really needed though since it was officially available. I mean it would be good to have scans for people who live in areas where they can't get the books, but that's about the only reason to have them. And scanslations don't equal popularity. There are scanslations for the Conquest "Color Scroll" stories, as well as for things like Golden Boys and Phantom Thief Pokémon 7.

And when people still talk about older arcs of Special despite them having very little relevance to the current storylines, I think it's really only fair. And frankly I'm tired of hearing about nothing but Special all the time. People get so up on it that they'll insist it's the only actual manga, and try to kick any discussion of other manga series out of conversations about Pokémon manga in general. Besides, DPA did a lot of things the DPPt arc of Special did and did them earlier, yet people fawn over the same developments in Special.

This is such a good series and it really shouldn't be kicked under the rug. If it takes talking it up after all this time to get people to pay attention to it, that's what we'll do.
    It's impossible to scanlate Pokemon manga right away with the magazines they're serialized in, and by the time Viz got their hands on DPA (a full year after the volumes came out in Japan), the fourth gen in general was starting to die down, let alone the Diamond and Pearl games. With it being a completely self-contained story with no continuations and sequels (that came out several years ago), there's only so much you can talk about.

Heck, that's the problem with other Pokemon manga in general. There just isn't enough material to really talk about for a long amount of time. Hell, I loved Pokemon Thief 7, but what can you do with a series that was cancelled after one volume?
    Where'd I put my mallet?

Yeah depsite pokespe have a lot of interesting topic to talk about the fandom tend to ignore it and only pay attention to the recent plot discussion this is my main gripe of the pokespe fandom
    Last edited by I am serperior; 12th February 2017 at 4:59 PM.

Not even recent plots but stuff that happened years and years ago, yet try to talk about a different manga from the same time and it's "it's so long ago, it isn't relevant, who can remember that far back" etc.

This particular manga forum has very little activity and I somehow doubt that other English forums discuss any Pokemon manga more frequently. The question is what the situation is like in Japan, where manga isn't niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    This particular manga forum has very little activity and I somehow doubt that other English forums discuss any Pokemon manga more frequently. The question is what the situation is like in Japan, where manga isn't niche.
    You know, your right about that I've been in other site in the Pokemon manga community and Is really nothing to write about,but dang i though the community was going to be interesting since is one of the best selling manga,it has 52 volumes and there's a lot things to talk about but instead we got an community with little activity,but on a positive note the Tumblr is at least entertaining
    Last edited by I am serperior; 17th February 2017 at 12:36 AM.

I would at least think that DPA wouldn't be considered "niche" in areas where it was translated.

When you say the tumblr, do you mean the Incorrect DPA Quotes one? That's one of my favorites.

I just finished the manga. It did have a Dragon Ball feel to it and it was fun for first 3 or so volumes before it got ridiculously repetitive. Way too much friendship power.
    Jiggle butt guy was the best character.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567