Thread: Pokémon Horizon

Default Pokémon Horizon

Well, while today's update end up not adding as much as some were expecting, it seems like the japanese page finally brought a preview of the new manga. You can check it here.

However, I've also found what appears to be a pic of the first chapter on this month CoroCoro.

Take it with a grain of salt though. I've found on a random blog/facebook page I was visiting. But the art style seems to match the official preview, so there's that:

Spoiler:- :

Thoughts? Would anyone be willing to follow this manga should it released outside of Japan?
    Last edited by Spider-Phoenix; 14th September 2016 at 4:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
    Well, while today's update end up not adding as much as some were expecting, it seems like the japanese page finally brought a preview of the new manga. You can check it here.

However, I've also found what appears to be a pic of the first chapter on this month CoroCoro.

Take it with a grain of salt though. I've found on a random blog/facebook page I was visiting. But the art style seems to match the official preview, so there's that:

Spoiler:- :

Thoughts? Would anyone be willing to follow this manga should it released outside of Japan?
    I'm keeping a close eye on this manga simply because of that cameo of XY&Z Ash. One is due to Ash-Greninja. The other is the mystery of how Ash is connected to Sun and Moon (I see him in the game concept art with his XY hat instead of Alola and they are going to have to explain Ash-Greninja in the games since I think it's foolhardy for GameFreak not to include Ash-Greninja).

I wonder how people would feel if this boy was the new Ash in the anime....

I hope that someone will translate the manga... I really want to read it!!

Ash has cameod in other Pokemon manga before. Whether or not it means anything is yet to be seen.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Horizon, though. Most Pokemon manga end up lasting a single volume and fall into obscurity.

Hopefully we can get something out of this, but I'm not sure it's gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Ash has cameod in other Pokemon manga before. Whether or not it means anything is yet to be seen.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Horizon, though. Most Pokemon manga end up lasting a single volume and fall into obscurity.

I would like to see those cameos of Ash in the Pokémon manga (and not based on the anime). And no, Red doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post

Seeing that this manga gets more hype than previous game-based mangas, being it advertised on the official Japanese SM website, I have some slight hope there might be more to it than the previous game mangas. But I'm not sure either.

If it lasts longer, there is also some slight chance for it being published in English by Viz. But I wouldn't get my hopes up.

As for its content, it's interesting to see Ash referenced in a game-based manga. I'd love to see more. It's such a pity that CoroCoro leakers never post manga (yeah, I know, I shouldn't say that, but...). But perhaps Dogasu will post synopses of the chapters someday, so we at least know what's going on. I DO feel some potential in this manga but I'm not quite sure how it's gonna turn out.
    Last edited by Maxim; 15th September 2016 at 6:20 PM.
    I don't come here as often as I used to, do I?

So many of the other pokemon manga look so much better to me than Adventures XD I'd take this even just a volume

Just found out why I've felt the artstyle is so familiar. The manga is done by Tenya Yabuno. The same guy who has done the Digimon V-tamer manga as well as Inazuma Eleven.

Quite interesting we have a mangaka who can claim to have worked on both Pokémon and Digimon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadao View Post
    I would like to see those cameos of Ash in the Pokémon manga (and not based on the anime). And no, Red doesn't count.
    He along with Misty, Brock, and Tracey appeared in some special chapters of Magical Pokémon Journey.

And then there's of course various anime spinoffs.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated May 30th, 2016)
    It's got its own TV Tropes page!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine, winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!
    Heart Like A Stone, winner of Most Heartbreaking Fic and 3rd place Best Canon Character-Centric 2014!
    Solar System, 4th place, Villainous Intent

Alolan Gary is epic XDDD
    And the 2nd chapter seems good (seems because I have only watched the scans XD) I wonder what will happen but I think that the main character will get the Midday Form of Lycanrock >_<

The Rockruff is girl's, but the boy said to take Rockruff on a island challenge.

I do not know if this means that the girl will give Rockruff to the boy.

eb3cecd3572c11df5b0f02a56b2762d0f503c24422.jpg