Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pocket Monsters Discussion Thread

How old is Isamu supposed to be? Maybe it's just art evolution but in the recent scans I've seen he looks older.

Looking for advise on which pokemon manga set I could start reading? any advise?
    Subscribe to me on Youtube: Shadow57889

Start with the original adventure series, they were the most enjoyable.

A random thought (I think there's no problem with bumping the thread, since it's still a sticky).

The more I think about it, I get the feeling that the "unknown Bug" that Red caught in Viridian Forest in the first volume was just a poorly-drawn Diglett.

It's obvious that in the first volume of PM that Anakubo wasn't familliar with Pokemon artworks back then (and probably didn't fully understand what was going on in the games - otherwise he wouldn't have put Mewtwo in Viridian Forest) and most Pokemon look kind of deformed (like that three-eyed Persian) because they're drawn solely from Red/Green sprites.

Looking at Diglett's RG sprite, I find it fully plausible that someone not familliar with this Pokemon's nature, and knowing it only from a tiny Game Boy graphic could easily mistake the "patch" of ground beneath it as some kind of centipede legs.

And I don't know why everybody (including Bulbapedia with their "Bulbadenial" policy) takes as a given that this Pokemon was a Bug-type. This was never stated. It's just a fan assumption.

By the way, someone delete those spambot posts, please.
    Last edited by Maxim; 2nd January 2015 at 1:46 PM.
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12