Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Egg Run Thru

Alright guys I need 2 more pokémon to start the run. I desperatly need a flying type so I can use the Fly HM...Oh wait nevermind Charizard can use Fly. I still don't know how I'm going to distribute the HM moves. Once I have all the egg scramble pokémon, ill start by challenging the first gym. Meanwhile i'll grind the pokés I have.

I'm now offering eggs as well. BTW they don't include those in my sig (new stock just 4 U, weeee!), but I promise I'll try to deliver them with good natures and eggmoves.
    Last edited by Drippy Miltank; 26th January 2011 at 4:52 AM. Reason: eggs updated, a plead for a flying type. Also I like cheese.
    Embrace

A breeder joyously hatches a riolu for a client. To the dismay of the hatchling, the client never returns to claim him. Faced with an abandoned pokémon, the breeder vows to find the riolu's trainer and family.
    (Better banner coming soon.)
    Current - Chapter 1: The Client.

Coming up - Re-writing Chapter 2

Spoiler:- 4th Gen Eggmove (Any Nature/Gender):

Okay, updated my team and now I'm just waiting on my final egg, though I am already progressing through the game. I've also been working on breeding some new Pokemon, so anyone looking to start the challenge or anyone in need of an egg should just let me know and I'll get something for you.
    Current Playthroughs
    Pearl Team: , , , , (Scramble)
    Black 2 Team: , , , , ,

I've beaten the first gym (rock). My pokémon are around lv.10 atm and I'm on to my second gym in Eterna city. I still havent hached the Nionel's egg as I decided to let it hatch naturally (not running around in circles). Ive decided to keep chimchar as an HM slave (already taught him rock smash to get to next area).

surfer treecko graciosly gave me smoochum with the eggmoves Shadow Ball and Psychic. While Sky warrior7 gave me his totodile with the odd eggmoves Ice Beam and Hydro Pump (I think ill replace Hydro Pump with surf the first chance I get).

A reminder: I offer eggs as well.
    Last edited by Drippy Miltank; 26th January 2011 at 4:04 PM.
    Embrace

A breeder joyously hatches a riolu for a client. To the dismay of the hatchling, the client never returns to claim him. Faced with an abandoned pokémon, the breeder vows to find the riolu's trainer and family.

I have eggs for everyone! I'm not doing natures but I've given them all eggmoves, unless you wan't to take a gamble and use my guenuinly mystery egg, I've forgotten what it is, but it may be very good or complete rubbish
    Last edited by Ψosiden; 26th January 2011 at 6:53 PM.

I've decided I want to take this challenge now, leave my a PM or VM if your interested in contributing an egg.

Received two eggs so far, my current team:
    - - My Starter
    - - From Ψosiden
    - - From Drippy Miltank
    -
    -
    -
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 26th January 2011 at 11:43 PM.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

I just passed Florema town and the whole team galaxy mess, and Eterna Forest. My pokémon are around lvl 16. Iguana and Napalm evolved into charmeleon and monferno respectively. I changed my totodile's name to Chunkers instead of Chomper. I like it better that way.

I'm really digging Napalm he hits like a beast. Guero the drowzee will come in handy, specially because he has the thunderpunch eggmove, the only pokémon on my team with an electric attack at the moment. I'm not too worried about the Eterna gym, since all my pokémon have super effective attacks against grass types.
    Embrace

Ah so my mystery egg of mystery was a snover... I remember now, did I give it any egg moves?
    I still havn't hactched yours yet. Milktank, we never seem to be on at the same time, are you free around 8 GMT today?

Sounds awesome I'll give it a go! But I haven't started a 4th gen file yet so hang about.
    Are you allowed to use your starter?

Received Three eggs so far, my current team:
    - - My Starter
    - - From Ψosiden
    - - From Drippy Miltank
    - - From Surfer Treeko
    -
    -

Still need two more to start.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Displeased Owl View Post
    Sounds awesome I'll give it a go! But I haven't started a 4th gen file yet so hang about.
    Are you allowed to use your starter?
    Yep, you can use your starter if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91
    Still need two more to start.
    I've got an egg for you if you'd like it.
    Current Playthroughs

Hi i love this idea and would like 4 random eggs if thats okay
    Will Offer a legit Shiny Ponyta Nicknamed Bluebell (Caught today)
    PM Me Please
    Last edited by laddyda; 28th January 2011 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nionel View Post
    Yep, you can use your starter if you want.

I've got an egg for you if you'd like it.
    I'll take it, PM or VM your name/FC and we will organise the trade.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by laddyda View Post
    PM Me Please
    I can get you some eggs, I don't know that I'd feel right taking that Ponyta though, even as much as I want a shiny Ponyta. ^_^;
    Current Playthroughs

Received Four eggs so far, my current team:
    - - My Starter
    - - From Ψosiden
    - - From Drippy Miltank
    - - From Surfer Treeko
    - - From Nionel
    - - From Drippy Miltank

One more and I can be on my way! (kinda hoping for a flying type).

Quote Originally Posted by laddyda View Post
    PM Me Please
    I will gladly offer up an egg for you, no need to be trading away your shiny though.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 28th January 2011 at 11:38 PM.
    My Anime List

He he...
    I should probably give laddyda back his shiny ponyta... shame...
    OK, laddyda, next time your online, I'll trade it back to you, it was nice to see it

My pokémon are around lvl 25 at the moment. They seem to be just a little above the lvl of npcs pokémon. I beat the Eterna gym, cycled south to Oreburg city again, crossed Mt. Coronet, did nothing at Hearthome city, went north throu Soleceon town and arrived at Veilstone city.

Num Nums is having trouble keeping up with the rest, so I fed him a sp. attack vitaming I found. She is great for double battles though.

Luna is a glass canon atm. If I can safely switch her in, she then ***** slaps anything with a face.

I never noticed how usefull Dragon Rage (on Iguana) was. For a while it OHKO anything that it came across. Lately though it's been losing it's luster. I hope Iguana learns a new move soon or evolves so I can teach it fly (not that I have that HM yet).

I gave a sp. def vitamin I found to Guero. Maybe hopefully now it will outrank the rest of the team in sp. def like its SUPPPOSE TOO.
    *slaps Guero, disgusted*
    Embrace

If anyone needs any I can give eggs, though I can't guarantee good egg moves, unfortunately.
    Shiny Semi-Flawless/Flawless (5th gen):

Working on Learning 5th gen RNG.
    Diamond FC: 4213 0213 1340
    Black FC: 2666 8273 4049

Yay, I've claimed Charizard .

Okay, I went ahead and typed up an updated version of the rules for the challenge, and while I wish I could just update the original post, there are here in case anyone needs them. They are based off the original rules with changes based on what we've done here so far. If you think anything should be changed, just let me know.

Egg Scramble Rules

1. Your team must be composed entirely of Pokemon sent to you as eggs from another trainer, with the exception of your starter Pokemon if you choose to use it.

2. You cannot use Pokemon you captured in the wild in battle. Catching a Pokemon such as a Bidoof or a bird Pokemon to use for HMs is acceptable if your team lacks a Pokemon that can learn a required move.

3. Please don't send Pokemon such as Magikarp, Feebas, or Combee (unless you can guarantee it's Female). These Pokemon are difficult to use near the begining of the game or have no method of learning additional attacks and should be avoided unless specifically requestd by a trainer.

4. The contents of the eggs you send should be kept secret from the trainer, as telling them what they will be recieving violates the spirit of this challenge.

If you need an egg for your game just make a post here in the thread, many of the participants are more than willing to send eggs from their extra carts for use on a playthrough. If you have any further questions, please just let us know and we will address them as soon as possible.
    Current Playthroughs

Trainer: Drippy (ID: 49000)
    FC: (4942 3242 1627)
    -a psychodelic Castform (Nick: Num Nums, Offered by: Nionel)
    -a heavy handed Smoochum (Nick: Luna, Offered by: surfer treecko)
    -a hip thrusting Monferno (Nick: Napalm, STARTER)
    -a diaper rashed Charmeleon (Nick: Iguana, Offered by: Jolteon9)
    -a chunk shredding Croconaw (Nick: Chunkers, Offered by: sky warrior7 )
    -a creepy Hypno (Nick: Guero, Offered by: Nionel)

Yay, Guero evolved into a hypno! and his stats have improved tremendosly. *hugs Guero*

Num Nums is just so cool right now. Its moves are Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Thunder (bought at department store), and Powder Snow. I will of course replace powder snow with weather ball when it's available.

I beat Maylene with my psychic types and have arrived at the town with the water gym.
    Embrace

Can I get 6 eggs?
    I'm using platinum...
    Last edited by chimecho_guy; 3rd February 2011 at 9:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chimecho_guy View Post
    Can I get 5 eggs?
    Do I just send anything in return or what?
    I'm using platinum...

Turtwig
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    I could give you a couple of random eggs if you'd like. :3

I have 4 eggs, one which I'm completely unsure of the baby, since I've had a box with some for almost a year. If one happens to violate the rules, I apologize in advance, though I have never bred Magikarp, Feebas, or Combee.

Note: If chimecho doesn't claim them, they're up for grabs.

EDIT: Claimed, but I have more if anyone is interested. Just PM me. :3
    Last edited by ShadowSplash; 3rd February 2011 at 7:03 PM.

2 Badges!!!

> > (from ShadowSplash)
    > (from ShadowSplash)
    > (from Byzantine)
    > (from surfer treecko)
    > > (from Byzantine)
    > (from Nionel)

Finally got all my eggs!
    Last edited by chimecho_guy; 13th February 2011 at 11:22 PM.

Figured I should come update my run through, haven't been able to play as much as I had hoped, currently have two badges and I am training my team up to level 25 to challenge Fantina. Snover and Piplup made short work of Roark's gym with their Ice and Water type moves respectively, the Galactic battle back at Jubilife was another push over for Riolu who was also able to take care of the majority of the Galactics in Floaroma town and the valley Wind Works.

Gardenia and her whole gym presented another push over, between Buneary with Ice Punch and Fire Punch, Riolu with Blaze Kick and Murkrow with Brave Bird I was spoiled for choice with who exactly to use and what moves to use.

As I said above, I am now training my team up to level 25 before I challenge Fantina.

Current Team:

- > level 25
    - level 25
    - level 25
    - level 22
    - level 20
    - level 23
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 7th February 2011 at 2:17 AM.
    My Anime List

Okay, time for an update. I just drove Team Galactic out of Eterna City and am ready to head south and slowly make my way toward Mayleen's gym clear over in Veilstone. The team isn't nearly as high leveled as what I would normally have at this point, but I also wouldn't normally have a team of six at this point. Anyway, here's the team at this point...

Level 22
    > Level 20
    Level 19
    Level 17
    Level 17
    Level 14

The team is going to need a bit of love on the way to the next gym, but I'm expecting to have everyone in the 30 range by the time that I do my next update after the fourth gym.
    Current Playthroughs

Currently have 6 badges, those 6 gyms have been laughably easy with the Pokemon I have received and their movesets.

Fantina was a pushover for Murkrow with its newly learnt Assurance, 1 hit KOs and the majority of her Pokemon.

Then it was on to Maylene, Murkrow again had a field day with Brave Bird taking out the whole gym with one hit KOs I started to think it was going to be to easy.

Crasher Waker was a bit more of a challenge but between Snover with Razor Leaf and my newly evolved Lopunny with Thunder Punch it was never going to be overly hard.

I then used Rileys healing powers on Iron island to grind my whole team to level 40 before challenging Byron, who again thanks to Lucario and his new Aura Sphere and Buneary with Fire Punch was another push over, now making my way up to Snowpoint City while training my team to 45.
    Current Team:

- > > level 42
    - > level 45
    - level 45
    - > level 40
    - > level 44
    - > level 40
    My Anime List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast