Thread: Rate future gen 5 teams

Default Rate future gen 5 teams

Figured I'd do one of these since I'm kinda bored, the pics are in my sig if you're not familiar with one or more of the names. These are not for competitive battling, I never really liked that. Hold items will likely be stuff that boosts types (like miracle seed or mystic water) or just w/e I can find. I have the natures I would prefer to have listed but will probably just deal with whatever I get, esp for the starters, mascots, moth, and zororark. No ev's, since this is for single player and I don't care enough to spend all that time ev training.

There are some moves that I will have regardless of whether or not they're good, these will be in bold and please don't suggest any replacements for them. I mean, you can if you want to, but i probably wont listen. Also don't suggest different poke'mon, I use the ones I like, while also considering type coverage.

Most of the bold attacks are HM's, I don't use HM slaves, I think it's dumb. Why waste an entire poke'mon slot instead of just a few attacks?

Also if you have any good nicknames let me know, I couldn't think of names for a few of the black pokes.

White:

Jalorda "Liquid" - Serious (Atk and SPAtk)
    Overgrow
    1] Leaf Blade
    2] Dragon Tail
    3] Aerial Ace
    4] Coil

Waruvial "Tator" - Adamant (Atk)
    Moxie
    1] Strength
    2] Earthquake
    3] Crunch
    4] Rock Slide

Abagoura "Bowser" - Quiet (Atk and SPAtk)
    Solid Rock
    1] Surf
    2] Stone Edge
    3] Ice Beam
    4] Earthquake

Wargle "Steven" - Adamant (Atk)
    Sheer Force
    1] Fly
    2] Superpower
    3] Shadow Claw
    4] Return

Ulgamoth "Benisuzme" - Modest (SPAtk)
    Flame Body
    1] Fire Dance
    2] Gale
    3] Bug Buzz
    4] Butterfly Dance

Zekrom "Yin" - Adamant (Atk)
    Teravolt
    1] Lightning Strike
    2] Cross Thunder
    3] Dragon Claw
    4] Zen Headbutt
    Last edited by Lord_Kain; 13th January 2011 at 8:20 PM.
    White: Liquid(Serperior), Steve(Wargle), Kitsune(Zoroark), Bowser(Carracosta), Benisuzume(Volcarona), Yin(Zekrom)
    FC: 2623 2056 1823-Tatyana

Black: Solidus(Samurott), Cell(Reuniclus), Tator(Krookidile), Archie(Archeops), Buckshot(Sawsbuck), Yang(Resiram)
    FC: 1420 6686 1330-Mike

White2: Longpig(Emboar), Lucky(Sh Scolipede), Jimmy(Vanilluxe), Tetsujin(Golurk), Peanut(Jellicent), Rose(Ferrothorn)
    FC: 2237 5012 1360-Kain

Abagoura would probably do better with Stone Edge than Rock Slide. You sacrifice 10 accuracy to get 25 more Power, which is probably a better deal considering all Abagoura's other attacks have 100 accuracy.

Outrage on Zekrom instead of Dragon Claw would probably be more efficient.

Denchura would do better with Discharge removed and replaced with another type move.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

If anyone has any good or creative names for Archeos, Zororark, or Mebukijika let me know.

Black:

Daikenki "Raiden" - Serious (Atk and SPAtk)
    Torrent
    1] Surf
    2] Strength
    3] Ice Beam
    4] Shell Blade or Megahorn

Archeos (Any name ideas? All i can think of is Peetree) - Adamant (Atk)
    Faint Hearted
    1] Fly
    2] Focus Blast
    3] Rock Slide
    4] Earthquake

Zoroark (Any name ideas? Maybe Zoro, Zora, Kitsune or Noah?) - Timid (Atk and SPAtk)
    Illusion
    1] Nasty Plot
    2] Flamethrower
    3] Night Burst
    4] Focus Blast

Mebukijika (Any name ideas? Maybe Furfur?) - Adamant (Atk)
    Herbivore
    1] Facade
    2] Wood Horn
    3] Megahorn
    4] Faint Attack

Denchura "Shirakumo" - Modest (SPAtk)
    Compoundeyes
    1] Thunder Wave/Toxic
    2] Energy Ball
    3] Signal Beam
    4] Thunder

Reshiram "Yang" - Modest (SPAtk)
    Turboblaze
    1] Blue Flame
    2] Cross Flame
    3] Dragon Pulse
    4] Extrasensory
    Last edited by Lord_Kain; 13th January 2011 at 8:16 PM.
    White: Liquid(Serperior), Steve(Wargle), Kitsune(Zoroark), Bowser(Carracosta), Benisuzume(Volcarona), Yin(Zekrom)

Black: Solidus(Samurott), Cell(Reuniclus), Tator(Krookidile), Archie(Archeops), Buckshot(Sawsbuck), Yang(Resiram)

White2: Longpig(Emboar), Lucky(Sh Scolipede), Jimmy(Vanilluxe), Tetsujin(Golurk), Peanut(Jellicent), Rose(Ferrothorn)

Fix the first post, we have a format to follow

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

ya, i didnt do that because it would be a huge post. i guess i could edit my second post and put black there

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Skydra

1. i guess i could do that, i did rock slide for the extra PP but ill probably find ups anyway

2. really? im not a big fan of those kind of attacks. maybe.

3. i wanted to get rid of discharge but didnt see anything useful there. never really use non-attacking moves besides healing stuff (it seems to be better in single player to just beat em up) but maybe thunder wave? i dunno, any ideas? i figured i could use it for doubles, triples, and rotations.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is that good enough?

assuming it is, now that thats fixed, have anything to say about them?
    Last edited by Lord_Kain; 11th January 2011 at 1:53 AM.

White team:

Jalorda
    Adamant Nature
    ~Leaf Blade
    ~Dragon Tail
    ~Coil
    ~Aerial Ace/Leech Seed

Wargle
    Adamant Nature
    ~Fly
    ~Return
    ~Shadow Claw
    ~Rock Slide/Superpower

Crush Claw with Encourage is still weaker than Return, not to mention you lose that nice Defense drop effect. If you prefer Superpower for the last move, go with Keen Eye ability.

Rock Slide instead of Brick Break on Waruvial.

Butterfly Dance instead of Psychic on Ulgamoth.

Rock Slide/Stone Edge instead of Zen Headbutt on Zekrom.

-----------

Black Team:

Daikenki
    Mild/Rash Nature
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Grass Knot
    ~Megahorn

You won't need Strength anymore as soon as all boulders are moved into their place, because they stay within the hole permanently. So after all boulders are moved, replace Strength with Grass Knot.

Archeos wants Acrobat over Focus Blast.

Your Zoroark is Timid yet you give it 2 physical moves? Try this

Zoroark
    Timid Nature
    ~Nasty Plot/Grass Knot
    ~Focus Blast
    ~Night Burst
    ~Flamethrower

Mebu is a deer, not a Qilin
    Anyway, replace Facade with Return.

for Denchura, replace Thunderbolt with Thunder, and Discharge with Volt Change or Spider Web. Or Hidden Power, if it gets something not Poison/Grass/Bug/Electric.

for Reshiram, Focus Blast instead of Extrasensory.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

made changes on white

"If you prefer Superpower for the last move, go with Keen Eye ability."
    why?

"Rock Slide/Stone Edge instead of Zen Headbutt on Zekrom."
    nah, i already got 2 rock attacks in that team.

-----------
    made changes on black too.

"You won't need Strength anymore as soon as all boulders are moved into their place, because they stay within the hole permanently."
    what?

"Archeos wants Acrobat over Focus Blast."
    but he'll have an item. does the attack description lie?

"Your Zoroark is Timid yet you give it 2 physical moves?"
    just noticed that. wonder what i did there...

illusion sounds like its pretty useless in single player. is it?

"Mebu is a deer, not a Qilin "
    last pic i saw of one looked like a deer. oh well.

"for Denchura, replace Thunderbolt with Thunder, and Discharge with Volt Change or Spider Web."
    for some reason thunder never works well for me, misses way too often so i try to avoid it, spider web seems pretty useless in single player and im not a fan of the attacks that make you switch.

HP might work, i usually stay away from it because i can almost never remember what type i have. any other ideas? id really like to get rid of discharge. maybe toxic or thunder wave?

"for Reshiram, Focus Blast instead of Extrasensory."
    i already have 2 focus blasts, i like a little variety ")
    Last edited by Lord_Kain; 11th January 2011 at 3:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Kain View Post
    made changes on white

"If you prefer Superpower for the last move, go with Keen Eye ability."
    why?

Superpower isn't boosted by Sheer Force and could never be activated with your moveset. Keen Eye can actually be used.

"Rock Slide/Stone Edge instead of Zen Headbutt on Zekrom."
    nah, i already got 2 rock attacks in that team.

-----------
    made changes on black too.

"You won't need Strength anymore as soon as all boulders are moved into their place, because they stay within the hole permanently."
    what?

Strength boulders, once moved, will stay in the holes they can be moved into forever. Stregth boulders are rare eniugh anyway and just get you stuff you won't need.

"Archeos wants Acrobat over Focus Blast."
    but he'll have an item. does the attack description lie?

Acrobat will only be 55 power with an item. Post-items if you want to use one.

"Your Zoroark is Timid yet you give it 2 physical moves?"
    just noticed that. wonder what i did there...

illusion sounds like its pretty useless in single player. is it?

You can fool the opponent to using an ineffective move against your Zoroark. It's very useful if played well.

"Mebu is a deer, not a Qilin "
    last pic i saw of one looked like a deer. oh well.

"for Denchura, replace Thunderbolt with Thunder, and Discharge with Volt Change or Spider Web."
    for some reason thunder never works well for me, misses way too often so i try to avoid it, spider web seems pretty useless in single player and im not a fan of the attacks that make you switch.

With Denchura's ability Compundeyes Thunder gets 91% accuracy. Thunder Wave is really your only other option if you won't use Volt Change or Spider Web.

HP might work, i usually stay away from it because i can almost never remember what type i have. any other ideas? id really like to get rid of discharge. maybe toxic or thunder wave?

"for Reshiram, Focus Blast instead of Extrasensory."
    i already have 2 focus blasts, i like a little variety ")

Archeos shouldn't use Focus Blast as Acrobat without an item gets to 160 power with STAB. Focus Blast is much less useful for it. Ram needs it a lot more to handle Rock types. In-fact it should replace Cross-Flame. Blue Flame is much better.
    Mebukijika
    Adamant
    -Wood Horn
    -Jump Kick
    -Return/Megahorn
    -Wild Charge

Jump Kick hits Steel types which wall you easily. Return is more reliable than Facade and gets STAB but Megahorn hits other grass types. Wild Charge gets flying types which also wall you and manages to hit the majority of pokemon neutrally.

Abagoura wants Earthquake over Crunch. It allows it to cover many more types and types that threaten him such as Electric.

Daikenki wants Megahorn>Shell Blade and Return over Strength. Use an HM slave should you want HMs. Only Surf(Water type Thunderbolt) or Fly(most flying types have too lacking a movepool for anything else) or Waterfall should be on a team but any other HMs are wasting a pokemon's potential for moving a boulder to get an item that you won't use or Cut down a tree once or twice in the game.

Jalorda wants an Adamant nature. Serious does nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Superpower isn't boosted by Sheer Force and could never be activated with your moveset. Keen Eye can actually be used.

Are you sure? Well thats balls. Thats the only reason i wanted that ability

Strength boulders, once moved, will stay in the holes they can be moved into forever. Stregth boulders are rare eniugh anyway and just get you stuff you won't need.

well, like i said in my OP, id rather waste one attack slot with a bad move than waste an entire pokemon slot with a slave. itll be awhile til i can get the mascots though, so i will have one until then.

strength is a decent attack anyway.

Acrobat will only be 55 power with an item. Post-items if you want to use one.

well, like i said in my OP, i just use items like soft sand or mystic water. would it just be better to forget the item and get the boost?

You can fool the opponent to using an ineffective move against your Zoroark. It's very useful if played well.

but is that usefull in single player? i dont battle online.

With Denchura's ability Compundeyes Thunder gets 91% accuracy. Thunder Wave is really your only other option if you won't use Volt Change or Spider Web.

ah, forgot about that, you can tell i dont do this much. until now ive just caught them and just learned w/e. since this is the first gen ive been paying attention to before release, ive been doing more planning to pass the time.

Well, ill probably just give him TW, if it turns out it doesnt help much ill switch to toxic

Archeos shouldn't use Focus Blast as Acrobat without an item gets to 160 power with STAB. Focus Blast is much less useful for it. Ram needs it a lot more to handle Rock types. In-fact it should replace Cross-Flame. Blue Flame is much better.

well, ill probably just forget the item and go with acrobat.

i know, but i just like to have the special moves, even if its something like shadow force or doom desire. i can always switch out, its no big deal

Mebukijika
    Adamant
    -Wood Horn
    -Jump Kick
    -Return/Megahorn
    -Wild Charge

Jump Kick hits Steel types which wall you easily. Return is more reliable than Facade and gets STAB but Megahorn hits other grass types. Wild Charge gets flying types which also wall you and manages to hit the majority of pokemon neutrally.

well, steels are pretty rare, and i dont really want 2 self damaging attacks, howabout

Wood Horn
    Return
    Megahorn
    Wild Charge
    ?

Abagoura wants Earthquake over Crunch. It allows it to cover many more types and types that threaten him such as Electric.

alright

Jalorda wants an Adamant nature. Serious does nothing.

i kinda wanted the starters to be both attack and special attack.
    Last edited by Lord_Kain; 13th January 2011 at 8:18 PM.

Quick question. Say i want a female Zorua, which you only have a 12.5% chance of getting. Could i save outside the building and reset until i get it, or is its gender decided when i transfer the Celebi over?

Eh, busy atm so I'll just answer your questions but I'm not gonna comment on your movesets.

well, like i said in my OP, id rather waste one attack slot with a bad move than waste an entire pokemon slot with a slave. itll be awhile til i can get the mascots though, so i will have one until then.

strength is a decent attack anyway.
    Talk about being 'wasteful' then stick an HM move on your Pokémon when you will only need to use it a few times in the whole game? Right.

well, like i said in my OP, i just use items like soft sand or mystic water. would it just be better to forget the item and get the boost?
    Soft Sand and Mystic Water are pretty awful items anyway. I say it's better to drop them.

but is that usefull in single player? i dont battle online.
    The AI is programmed to use the wrong moves against Zoroark whilst under Illusion. It is useful in-game.

i know, but i just like to have the special moves, even if its something like shadow force or doom desire. i can always switch out, its no big deal
    Blue Flame is a special move too, so. Iirc anyway.

well, steels are pretty rare, and i dont really want 2 self damaging attacks, howabout

Wood Horn
    Return
    Megahorn
    Wild Charge
    ?
    Meh, it can work I suppose. I'd say to run Swords Dance > Wild Charge for at least some kind of firepower.

i kinda wanted the starters to be both attack and special attack.
    But you aren't running any special attacks on your Jalorda.

Also it's harder to work with your posts when you don't quote properly. Js. x)