Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rematch at the Nacrene Gym (675)

Default Rematch at the Nacrene Gym (675)

Shippou City Gym Rematch! Explosive New Move!!

Following his defeat at the Shippou City Gym, Ash decides to start training at the Battle Club in order to get his Tepig & Oshawott to be even stronger. After the training though, it's time for Ash's rematch with Aloe. However, things are tougher than before as her Yooterii evolves...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

So apparently Yorterry evolved offscreen, i thought it might.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Well, it was pretty expected that Yooterii will evolve off-screen. The traning took about 10 minutes, but it was fine with the new moves.
    The battle started again with a Roar attack which forced Ash to use Oshawott, who had problems to control his Aqua Jet, but eventually it was a draw with Miruhog.
    Amd yeah, Pokabu is the star after beating Haderia.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Love the bulk of how Pokabu hold onto the battle. He show heart in this battle.

By the way, can't believe it, but Team Rocket didn't show up at all. The first time since the first episode.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

That was the laziest win for a battle they could think of. Colliding for final moves to faint the opposer.
    The Sinnoh Ash would have found a way to stop Haderia from using Roar and Miruhog from using Mean Look, furthermore Ash could have gotten Tepig and Oshawott to learn Nitro Charge (Fire Volt Tackle) and Aqua Jet (Buizel replacement pretty much destined). But oh how EVIL Zuruggu is! For Ash's first Dark type it's expected.
    Fiery Oxidation!
    -The spark plug of versatility.
    - Cutest fire type ever!
    ★ Signature was over the maximum height so it was eaten. Read the Sig Rules! Oyeak.
    Hmm, what should I do today? Mow the lawn or cook a casserole?
    Lawnmower, what did I tell you, don't eat the signatures! DIED: May 29, 2009
    Reobtained June 07, 2009- Used against Fantina
    Guys, Ashy Boy knew what he was doing against Morty- Noctowl kicks ghost hiney indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by realarcastform View Post
    That was the laziest win for a battle they could think of. Colliding for final moves to faint the opposer.
    The Sinnoh Ash would have found a way to stop Haderia from using Roar and Miruhog from using Mean Look, furthermore Ash could have gotten Tepig and Oshawott to learn Nitro Charge (Fire Volt Tackle) and Aqua Jet (Buizel replacement pretty much destined). But oh how EVIL Zuruggu is! For Ash's first Dark type it's expected.
    Eh. Sinnoh Ash was ok with gym battles. Yes with some of them like Fantina he was amazing but not that impressive. Also it probably isn't laziness. Every gym leader has different means of being taken down. After re-watching the first gym battle I realized how well Aloe's strategy was and what her thinking process was. Ash countered the way he felt best. Also neither Tepig or Mijumaru could have really stopped roar.

Quote Originally Posted by realarcastform View Post
    The Sinnoh Ash would have found a way to stop Haderia from using Roar and Miruhog from using Mean Look
    Unless it was an anime only thing, none of Oshawott's nor Tepig's characteristics (moves, abilities, anything I missed) would be able to counter roar and mean look, at least I'm pretty sure.

Besides Tepig did hold on for as long as it could before being forcefully being switched out.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Who was the finisher was it Pokabu or Mijumaru.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Who was the finisher was it Pokabu or Mijumaru.
    Pokabu lay the final move. It did look like both will fall at the same time, but all Pokabu did after his opponent fall is to sit down on his rear.

Team Rocket not appearing is a first

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    By the way, can't believe it, but Team Rocket didn't show up at all. The first time since the first episode.
    About damn time.

I was getting sick of seeing them shoehorned in just for the sake of it. Good to see the writers, directors etc. don't feel the need to include them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Wow! I can't believe it too! for the first time since the freakin' 1st episode , I think this may be the last saga Team Rocket are in.

The bummer of the episode is Ash re-challenging w/o making sure that Piplup's cousin (I'll learn the name eventually; it'll take some time) had properly learned Aqua Jet. I'm not sure he even recognized that Piplup's cousin didn't have full control until the gym battle had actually started. I also think Ash got a little lucky in how, during the gym battle, the Aqua Jet rebounded off the ceiling of the gym and redirected right back at the squirrelish looking pokemon (I really, really should learn these names). On the positive side, he certainly took it in stride, and was ready to make it count (Yes, definitely a real positive; I'm rewatching it, and while Aloe was surprised, Ash was alert. Nice!).

So, I think the real key to learning Aqua Jet was that it gave Piplup's cousin another attack move to use, so that it didn't have to use its shell too much for offense-and so Aloe couldn't just take it away like before. Okay, that makes sense to me (TOTAL speculation on my part).

This gym battle was pretty much advertisement for whatever place Ash was training at. Ash strikes me more as an outdoor type, and from what I remember, he's done most of his training outdoors when he's had the chance. Also, rather than using fancy machinery to mimic the shadow balls, Ash could have had his other pokemon call out attacks, giving them screen time. But, I guess the writers had to showcase this training facility, and this is something that had to be done. I would be surprised if a similar sort of situation popped up again. It's been a while since the reasoning for Ash losing a gym battle was that he didn't train his pokemon enough to stand a chance. The closest I can think of to a last time was Ash's battle against Anabel, and even then, I think Ash's problem was not so much that he didn't train his pokemon, but that he wasn't in sync with his pokemon. I personally dislike the type of moral of not training hard enough since a trainer of Ash's experience should always be trying hard enough-he just may not be trying the right way, or with the right tactic. But, again, I think this gym battle was set up for advertisement, and now it's done, fortunately.

Dento and Iris were much better than last time during the gym battle.

Unless I missed something, I think everyone was laughing at Ash's pose for winning a gym battle. That's a little different.

I liked this episode, despite how many things I've complained about. I was entertained, and it was nice that 3 pokemon really had the spotlight. Pokabu (right?), Piplup's cousin, and Larvitar's relative all had quality moments. There was also much more focus on Ash battling, rather than sideline talk, compared to the last episode.

This episode would have been rushed with Team Rocket so I'm glad they weren't necessary for an episode status quo.

-Okay, so the training was as expected. Pokabu learned Nitro Charge while Miju learned Aqua Jet, though he can't control it well yet. I'm not exactly sure what the point of Kibago messing with Miju's training was outside of offering more silly shenanigans but, maybe it's foreshadowing that he's actually in the episode next week.

-I lol'ed at Miju being all happy that he found water to swim in.

-Now, the gym match. I figured Mijumaru and Pokabu would sweep the battles, but Aloe did not make it easy for Satoshi to win. Miruhogg was completely out-classing Mijumaru and if it wasn't for Aqua Jet, he probably would have won again. Mijumaru didn't even win, it was a double knock-out which I did not see coming.

-However, Poka was the real star of the episode. First of all, his Ember is huge now (of course, Haderia has freaking Protect) but it's still really big. Tackle actually hurts and he knows Nitro Charge. It was fitting that Pokabu countered back against the very attack that beat him in the first place. I was reminded of Dragonball the way Pokabu and Haderia were both unconscious and being yelled at to get up. However, Pokabu really deserved that win so I'm glad to see it.

Okay, now that both of you have won your gym battles consecutively, please let the other guys take some center stage Miju and Poka. They need training too.

What happened to Team Rocket? They didn't show up...I'm shocked.

I'm not surprise Oshawott and Mirhog tied. The battle was good and everything.

There was nothing really wrong with the episode, it was enjoyable.

No Team Rocket was a disappointment, I don't care if they would have only gotten 5 seconds I wanted to see them.

I think Joy said the egg should hatch soon which it does in the next episode.

Aloe is pretty interesting, hopefully we'll see her again later on.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Gooo Pokabu! Loved this guy, he proved himself this battle. Miju was not that impressive and he got a lucky aqua jet win. Still he managed first hit on Miruhog which Aloe seemed to be surprised.

Oh yea Team rocket needs a rest, so that was good
    X Version, Friend code
    4098 - 3179 - 9820
    Friend Safari, Rock Type (Rhydon, Pupitar, Boldore)

Yea, it was the same opening as the last one. So im guessing we will get a new intro when the DP specials air or the BW episode after it.

Does anyone think that Tepig is showing signs of being a powerhouse, but Oshawott more of comic reliefer?
    Last edited by Teshub; 13th January 2011 at 4:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    Yea, it was the same opening as the last one. So im guessing we will get a new intro when the DP specials air or the BW episode after it.

Does anyone think that Tepig is showing signs of being a powerhouse, but Oshawott more of comic reliefer?
    Both have won gym battles, I think both will be powerhouses. Mijumaru can be a comic reliefer and a great battler.

I'm so happy Tepig was the one to take the final win, now I need Pidove or Snivy to win in Castelia Gym (Hopefully Pidove evolves).

I think they're both gonna evolve in the future.

Nice episode. Really enjoyed it overall. Just surprised that there wasn't a single appearance of TR.

i think ash might be getting over his original shock of being in unova. love tepigs nitro charge. the training was good, short but good. i hope pidove will evolve in the next gym coz its bug types n all that so super sick evolved bird pokemon killin al the bugs haha. overall i givin a big thumbs up for aqua jet n nitro charge

oh, n the little dark type pokemon being a nastly little pleb. is lol. but heres hopin the first dark type will be bad ***. eventhough he will probably give it away :|
    Pokemon white L100 rotation team

Shiny Zoroark

AVID GTS USER
    Im willing to trade if a reasonable offer is given, but never done it before so may need a little guidence :P

I enjoyed this episode.

Ash should bring Buizel over to Unova so he can give Mijumaru some tips on controlling Aqua Jet.

Kibago is still as cute can be.

I did not expect a double KO at all. Pokabu starred here, and Mijumaru starred in the 1st gym. Hopefully in the next one Pidove stars and it doesn't happen to what happened to Staravia vs Maylene. It got outshone by Buizel.

Random : PokéRadar

This gym battle was incredibly cheap.

Pokabu vs. Haderia:
    - Ember -> Protect..
    - 6 Shadow Balls -> 4 Evaded, 2 Ember’d away..
    - Tackle -> Roar..
    No damage done at all..

Mijumaru vs. Miruhoggu:
    - Mean Look
    - Shell Blade -> HIT!
    - Aqua Jet -> Miss!
    - Aqua Jet -> Miss!
    - Water Gun -> Miss!
    - Flash
    - Thunderbolt -> Hit!
    - Water Gun -> Miss!
    - Aqua Jet -> Countered with Thunderbolt, but HIT!

Both are knocked out:
    - Mijumaru by: own recoil damage and Thunderbolt
    - Miruhoggu by: Shell Blade and Aqua Jet

Pokabu vs. Haderia:
    - Ember -> Protect….
    - Tackle -> HIT!
    - Tackle -> Did not connect
    - 4 Shadow Balls -> One hit!
    - Giga Impact -> Hit!
    - Nitro Charge -> Countered with Giga Impact, COLLISION!

Haderia is knocked out:
    - Haderia is knocked out from damage by: a Tackle and Nitro Charge collision.
    - Pokabu sustained damage from: One Shadow Ball, two Giga Impacts

Now this strikes me as odd. Pokabu fainted in the first battle due to a single Shadow Ball and a single Take Down. Now it faced that same pokemon, but evolved, and is somehow able to take more attacks, and a considerably stronger one at that, and it manages to survive? Mijumaru I can understand, considering the recoil it took from crashing with Aqua Jet and Thunderbolt, which is somewhat akin to the damage it took in the first battle (Low Kick, Slam collision with Shell Blade (not against its body, so I doubt it hurt) and Thunderbolt).

Not to mention that both Aloe's pokemon were taken out in merely two moves..
    - Miruhoggu: Shell Blade and Aqua Jet
    - Haderia: Tackle and Nitro Charge...

Nonetheless, I liked that Pokabu got to star as it was the most turned down from losing in the previous episode. I just wish they would've put in some more effort, let Haderia take some more hits instead of letting it use Protect...

Here's a prediction for upcoming pokemon to star in the coming gym battles:

Sanyou: Mijumaru
    Shippou: Pokabu
    Hiun: Mamepato
    Raimon: Snivy
    Hodomoe: Mijumaru
    Fukuyose: Kenhorou/Pikachu
    Sekkai: Pokabu
    Souryuu: Pikachu (most likely)
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Ash has never really managed to land that many attacks on his opponents. Usually, they end up being taken down within three attacks, so this is not surprising. I was very impressed with Tepig here. He was giving everything he had. I especially enjoyed the way he twirled through four Shadow Balls.

I'm also impressed with Aloe, and how she managed to train her dog to fire four shadowballs at once. I expect we'll be seeing more adaptations to common moves like that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast