Thread: Competitive Black/White team

Default Competitive Black/White team

Okaaay, lets get started

I'm new to EVing and competitive battling, never really giving a damn about natures before, or EVs, Ivs and Characterisitcs, etc.

It's not really in game (since I don't have either of the games), but I'm going to be making a team as close to this as possible

sorry to the Mods if I'm posting in the wrong section, didn't really know where to post it other than here, understandable if it's moved etc.

Enbuoh

Flare Blitz
    Earthquake
    Hammer Arm
    Wild Charge

Blaze
    Adamant Nature (+Att, -Sp.A)
    252 Att, 252 HP, 4 Speed

I've been thinking about Enbuoh for a while, new to the full aspects of EVing, I decided on this moveset, if Enbuoh can be utilized for it's high HP and high Attack, while maybe focusing on speed a little bit (maybe through Choice Scarf or something), Enbuoh could be a force to be reckoned with. Flare Blitz and Hammer Arm are the physical STABs, Earthquake is fairly staple as most of you know, and Wild Bolt for assistance in taking out it's destructors I should imagine it will have (Such as Gyarados). Ideas for hold item pl0x

Abagoura

Aqua Tail
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Curse

Solid Rock
    Impish Nature (+Def, - Sp.A)
    252 Att, 252 Def, 4 HP

Abagoura is pretty much my favourite addition to the family, with a fairly high Attack and outstanding Defense, having Solid Rock, one of the most epic abilities, shutting down alot of stuff that would most likely destroy Abagoura, and while looking totally freggin badass (Y) Aqua Tail, along with Stone Edge being physical STABs, Earthquake is an obvious choice, Curse raising it's already epic Attack and Defence stats. Need a hold item, ideas pl0x

Rankurusu

Trick Room
    Focus Blast
    Pain Split
    Psychic

Magic Guard
    Life Orb
    Modest (+Sp.A, - Att)
    252 Sp.Att, 252 HP, 4 Speed

I'm still a bit skeptical on Rankurusu, it's not doubt that it's cuteness catches a few hearts, however it's Speed is horrible, and it's Defences aren't the best, Trick Room is there to put Rankurusu ahead of the opponent, but I'm also skeptical on whether this would work or not, however with it's high HP, decent Sp.A, Magic Guard being freggin awesome and it being so cute, it's easily one of my favourite Pokemon in GenV, however if it doesn't make the cut I'll definitely remove it, maybe for Azelf or something.

Weavile

Pursuit
    Brick Break
    Night Slash
    Ice Punch

Pressure
    Expert Belt
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    252 Att, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Nothing too special here, I just generally like Weavile, it's a widely used Pokemon, great for competitive play, awesome Attack and Speed, and would be a speedy addition to the team. I do have one dislike about Weavile, that being the typing, it's interesting, yet I pretty much absolutely hate it, not sure why, I just think it lets it down a little, but never mind. In addition to Weavile's movepool, I've noticed the widely regarded Hone Claws being added to the arsenal, would it be good for Weavile? thoughts on this please. Like Rankurusu, I may be inclined to switch Weavile.

Electivire

ThunderPunch
    Ice Punch
    Cross Chop
    Earthquake

Motor Drive
    Adamant (+Att, -Sp.A)
    Muscle Band
    252 Att, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Electivire is on here, basically because I have it (got it in a trade) I've liked Electivire's design since I first saw it, especially in comparison with Magmortar *shivers*, I love Electivire's Attack, Speed, and it's ability to hold it's own in battle, while, like Weavile being a fairly regular choice in competitive battle. If there are any additions that are introduced in GenV, please inform me so I can look them over. I'm using Muscle Band over Expert Belt considering what will most likely be the next OU tier, but if you have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to convince me otherwise. Also inclined to substitute Electivire.

My last Pokemon I haven't really had much thought in, especially considering it's 3.30 am here, at the moment it's an empty space that needs to be filled, preferably a Stealth Rock user. If anyone can provide suggestions that'd be appreciated

like I said, I'm fairly new to EVing, IVs and Competitive Battle and constructive criticism would help me in the long run.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Ravenous14; 13th January 2011 at 3:43 PM.
    The world will turn to Ash...

SS Friend Code
    James 4727-2044-6382
    Silver Trainer Card, 4 Stars
    493/493 Pokemon

White Friend Code
    James 4813-6393-3409
    Purple Trainer Card

Looking for a female Anticipation Eevee
    Can offer Pokerus etc.
    PM for offers

The rules state that you must have a complete team to post a RMT. If you need help in selecting your last team member use the Ask a Question thread. Thread locked.