Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon ReBURST

Default Pokemon ReBURST

Well, Pokémon release new manga will serializedin in Weekly Shōnen Sunday.

This is the first case.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Juputoru; 27th March 2011 at 7:08 AM.

Really? Great! (I love Shonen Sunday)

Wait, are you sure it's Pokemon though? It doesn't really look like it to me...

This could be the most interesting pokemon-related thing I've heard about since the announcement of the 5th gen.

Quote Originally Posted by alicetama View Post
    Really? Great! (I love Shonen Sunday)

Wait, are you sure it's Pokemon though? It doesn't really look like it to me...
    It has Pokemon in Katakana on it...

Hell yeah. Pokemon aimed at teenage boys? Pokemon Special was aimed at children, and that was badass.

And it's weekly, so we'll be getting a new chapter every week. I'm following this for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    It has Pokemon in Katakana on it...
    Well, excuse me for not understanding Katakana. xD

You bring up a point, ForeverFlame. I'm getting excited. =D As I've said before, Shonen Sunday is my favorite manga serialization. They serialize manga such as Rumiko Takahashi's works, Detective Conan, The World God Only Knows, Hayate no Gotoku, etc.

And it seems like the main character is an original character made by the mangaka.

Well, excuse me for not understanding Katakana. xD
    You're not alone; I don't understand Japanese characters either, so I was confused about that image. It didn't help that the character on the image looked almost nothing like the typical Pokemon character I'd expect to see in a Pokemon manga. Anyway, I'm going to have to agree with ForeverFlame, about how this new Pokemon manga series looks like it'll be aimed at teenagers instead of children. Getting a new chapter every week sounds great too.

A weekly Pokemon serialization? Awesome! Ooh, if it does well, I hope it goes beyond one region. Pokemon Special and Pocket Monsters are the only ones that do that.
    Where'd I put my mallet?

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    You're not alone; I don't understand Japanese characters either, so I was confused about that image. It didn't help that the character on the image looked almost nothing like the typical Pokemon character I'd expect to see in a Pokemon manga. Anyway, I'm going to have to agree with ForeverFlame, about how this new Pokemon manga series looks like it'll be aimed at teenagers instead of children. Getting a new chapter every week sounds great too.
    I was totally confused with the way the character looked. He looks like a very wild and risk-taking guy. (Well, okay, all Pokemon main charas are like that, but he's just different. xD)

I forgot to include this in my last post, but another great reason about it being aimed at Teenagers is that we'll see some adult-themed stuff, which would be great.

I'm veeery interested in an original character that's not just an expy of the in-game playable character. I hope we get to hear more about this series!

e9310103838, is that your magazine? Just making sure...
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    e9310103838, is that your magazine? Just making sure...
    Weekly Shōnen Sunday is Japan magazine.......

It's not mine.

It serializedin in March.
    Last edited by e9310103838; 17th January 2011 at 2:24 AM.

the clothes of the boy seems like mmmm,,, a pokemon ranger i hope not, because is time of a badass saga with blood and i dont know,,,romance lol, hope this manga can make the difference wich i was waiting for a loooong loooong time. i mean something better than pokespecial.

i saw another pic here
    http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/1...angamarzo2.jpg
    Last edited by Kustem; 17th January 2011 at 3:57 AM.

I don't like Special, but this interests me quite a bit. Perhaps because it's weekly and in one manga, instead of divided between multiple magazines.

I think they used an OC so they can keep him throughout multiple regions like with Ash.

This is a whole new level of win! >8D
        Spoiler:- There is stuff here... take a look mkay ;D:

I forgot to include this in my last post, but another great reason about it being aimed at Teenagers is that we'll see some adult-themed stuff, which would be great.
    I'm not too sure, I think it all depends on your definition of "adult-themed" to be honest. I'm personally just looking for a new manga to read. While I'm all for something a little more intense than what is normally seen in manga like Pokemon Special, I don't want this manga to shift its focus too much. I guess I'm just worried that it won't have the same feel as some of the other Pokemon manga that I know and love. I suppose I'll be able to tell whether or not there will be an issue, once I actually read the first few chapters.

Hmm... now this interests me. Something targeted at an older audience? Here's hoping it does well.

Oh, finally something different!

The art and character looks "average shonen" to me. Perhaps a kind of Naruto-like manga with Pokemon?

Anyway, I hope that we'll hear more about this manga soon (hell, we don't even know the title yet), probably Dogasu will be doing monthly summaries. Can't wait!

This manga seems to have the potential!
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

That's a very interesting looking manga.~

Can't wait to find out what it's about.
    ^U^
    The art style really looks more shonen like than any other pokemon manga I've seen so far. (granted, I've only read 3-4 series total..but...)
    BUNP

This is very interesting. The main character looks like someone from another shonen series. I can't wait to see what's it about.

This looks really interesting, I'm a big fan of its style, it looks a lot different from other Pokemon manga. I'm excited to see how it turns out...
    X Team:

Y Team:

Wow this manga looks odd imo. It's looks to "harsh" for pokemon o_o (and yes I read the "it's aimed for teens" post). I would have never guessed it was pokemon if I never saw the pokeball thing. I'll stick to the other pokemon mangas, but to be honest it reminds me of some.. violent looking comic I saw before but I can't put my finger on it.
    .:No Longer on Serebiiforums/.net:.

When I went on Pokebeach this morning, I saw this and I immediately got excited! It kinda shocked me that they are making a Manga for the Older/Matured audience.

I can't wait for this <3 I hope that we get some fan dubs for it though...

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

I like that new image that was posted. I think it makes the main character guy look cooler than he looks on the colored image we got before. It looks like we're also going to get an interesting cast of characters in this manga. I like the look of the girl who is next to the protagonist; she has this sort of surprised look on her face. The guy on the protagonist's other side appears to have his eyes closed/slanted, which automatically makes me like him

This actually looks really interesting.
    The entire concept of a Pokemon manga aimed at teens is just awesome (and hopefully if this is awesome enough, it'll draw some of the attention away from Special and make people see that there are different manga. Alas, that is a different tirade for a different time).

Any idea what that black monster is behind the main guy? Zekrom? Sazandora?

Also, I love his headband. *O*

I'm also liking that every character seems to be an original character so far. I like it when a Pokemon mangaka makes up characters instead of stealing a game design.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    The guy on the protagonist's other side appears to have his eyes closed/slanted, which automatically makes me like him
    Five bucks he's The Rival.

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast