Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon ReBURST

i figured thhat they'd make a mature manga eventually, especially since they made that mature clothing brand for pokemon fans

Cool I would want to read that. First shounen pokemon manga I'll get to read.

I really cannot wait for this... I wish I knew more about what it was about... I mean... come on! I mean, the first generation pokemon fans are growing up! It's about time! Though, as long as they suddenly don't make almost everything else mature, then it would be great, for then there would still be stuff that would be alright for kids so that they could get into the series too, but still keeping the veteran fans who have been playing since the 90s interested with manga like this...

I mean, most fans have been resorting to writing up mature pokemon fanfiction so it is about time something is official...

I'm excited... I mean, I just got done collecting the volumes of Diamond and Pearl Adventures and yeah... it's kind of embarassing going to the "kids" manga section... Hopefully, this will come out in English...

Like, will this be a fifth gen. manga or are they going for the whole nostaligia craze for those older fans? I want to say fifth gen... I also want to know how they deal with things like say... the villains... will the be from the game directly? Will they be made up?

Who knows!
    Betelgueseshipper for life Yo!

I mean, the first generation pokemon fans are growing up! It's about time!
    Even though it's for "older audiences", it's still Shonen i.e. young teens. So, this is to Pokemon as SNICK was to Nickelodeon. We haven't reached Nick at Nite levels yet.

So, it's not going for the guys who've been here since RBY. Most of them are in their twenties. More like those who came in around Gen 2 or 3 I'd say are likely the ones in the target audience.
    Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 18th January 2011 at 10:14 PM.

It seems kind of cool, but I think I'll stick to the other mangas :/ looks a little too violent for my tastes ^^;. I don't really care for the artwork either...
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Hopefully it spans into an anime for us older fans.

How can you call it violent?

You haven't even seen any of it

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Never going to happen..

If Adventures or Pocket Monsters hasn't

Nothing will...

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post

It's just the vibe (Yup! I'm judging a book by it's cover!~ ) I might it a try though lol.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Never going to happen..

If Adventures or Pocket Monsters hasn't

Nothing will...
    Dude thats not proof lol. Just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it never will. Should not be so narrow minded.

Dude thats not proof lol. Just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it never will. Should not be so narrow minded.
    I'm not being narrow minded

Why would some random new manga get an adaptation when the two longest running series haven't gotten more than a cameo appearance and reference

I mean look at Digimon, all the manga it has and none haven been mentioned...

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeX View Post
    Five bucks he's The Rival.
    I really hope so, either that or some sort of antagonist. I'm hoping he'll be the main rival, but I wouldn't mind if he was just a sneaky character.

I doubt it. I don't even think it'll contain too many mature references to be honest, so I don't see an anime adapation of this manga being anything that special or different from what we have now anyway. We really should at least read the first few chapters before we get any other ideas. For all we know, the manga could be terrible. I think it's best not to jump to conclusions, otherwise we could get our hopes up for nothing :s
    Last edited by Lorde; 19th January 2011 at 4:01 AM.

I'll give it a whurl...

The main reason that those mangas didnt get anime adapted is because they followed almost the same storyline as the anime that already exists. (kid in region travels around region collecting the eight badges and stopping the villanous team.) The major differences between the current anime and the special mangas is that they use playable chatacters in the RPGs and major NPC's* in lieu of Ash Ketchum, the main characters of the older incarnations do interact with characters of newer generations, and that characters and other plot devices are tweaked to make the plot interesting,(gym badges used to algamate the bird trio or characters being agents to the villans). If they made a manga that was comepletely original and didnt care about the gym battles and had a different outlook to pokemon (in the way the world revolves around them and not about how people treat them) its likely that this new manga could be adapted to an anime, its why pokemon mystery dungeon and ranger got specials as they showed pokemon differently to just fighters contained in baseballs.

*exceptions to the rule are yellow and emerald who are original characters(blue/green (the girl) qualifies from her debut as it was originally planned in the generation 1 games for players to choose their gender although later scrapped)

To be honest, I believe the way that mon is designed, I can see the art design destorting Pokemon to get a certain edge to them, cause can you see some of the Pokemon actually being in something like this, next to that shadow?
    BLAH

That Mon is Zekrom

It's the only one that resembles it...

We can't really say that with 100% assurance, though.
    Do a barrel roll!

That Mon is Zekrom

It's the only one that resembles it...
    Well, we can't rule out the possibility of fakemon in this manga. So the "Zekrom" might be something that the mangaka designed.

I'll check this out but I won't have a fangasam over it just because it look's different it could very well suck, so we'll see. I do want to see it as it look's very interesting. I would hope they would create a original region since this look's original with nothing but OC's but again we'll see. If it is aimed at teenager's I'm a little surprised as I didn't think Pokemon was that popular with teenager's for them to branch off a series like this but I guess I underestimated Pokemon. Truthfully I don't care if it's really dark or mature as Pokemon is not something I really need mature theme's for, it's Pokemon. So I've got my eye on this and look forward to seeing it. It's great that it will be weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    To be honest, I believe the way that mon is designed, I can see the art design destorting Pokemon to get a certain edge to them, cause can you see some of the Pokemon actually being in something like this, next to that shadow?
    that would be nice. I friggin' loved the realistic designs of Dengeki! Pikachu, and it's a shame that out of the several manga we've had since, we haven't had anything close to that ever again. I'm not sure if that Bulbapedia news article about this being a more mature series should be believable, but Shounen Sunday does seem to be a cut above what's usually expected of Pokemon. If such is the case, I'm hoping they go for an original storyline (rather than an adaption, even a loose one) and not going out of their way to try to showcase every little thing from the games (even Special tends to be guilty of this, don't deny it).

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

The character on the image looks like a mix of Gold and Ruby if you think about it. Also looking forward to scans or images in the meantime.

This is so weird. But it does make sense they'd finally do a shonen. I wonder how well it will do.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

I might give this a read. I couldn't be bothered catching up in Special past the Yellow arc so I'm quite excited at the prospect of keeping up with a Pokemon manga.

No offense, but Zexal looks more compelling than this.

Quote Originally Posted by cohenmarioman View Post
    No offense, but Zexal looks more compelling than this.
    ok man. that's a conclusion we don't need to jump to. we haven't seen any of this new manga yet so we can't really judge.

i'm at least going to give it a read. I started reading Special during the Gold and Silver chapter and I've stuck with it up to Black and White. I just have to wait for a generous fan to translate the new manga (and BW chapters beyond the third).

Special shows more violence than the anime (ie. some of the pokemon and characters die but are eventually brought back to life) and relationships between characters are hinted at or shown in basic forms. maybe this new one will show crippling injuries that last, deaths that last and a few darker elements.
    Hey, you! Yeah, you! No, not you in front, you there who likes pokémon. Do you like the animé? Do you ever think you'd like to use pokémon and battle like they do in the show?

Look no further than the
    Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!

Come say hello in our Chat Thread and we'll help you Get Started on a wonderful adventure. Training pokémon, fighting Gym Leaders, maybe even catching a Legendary Pokemon? The choice is yours!

We're a friendly bunch. We don't bite. What more could you want!

ASB: Trainer Level 4 -- All Around Terrible Battler

Quote Originally Posted by kusari View Post
    maybe this new one will show crippling injuries that last, deaths that last and a few darker elements.
    OK. Wait up. The magazine its being serialized in is Weekly Shonen Sunday - its most violent manga series are Kekkaishi and The World God Only Knows (and they're not very violent at all). Let's not jump the gun here.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast