Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon ReBURST

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    that would be nice. I friggin' loved the realistic designs of Dengeki! Pikachu, and it's a shame that out of the several manga we've had since, we haven't had anything close to that ever again. I'm not sure if that Bulbapedia news article about this being a more mature series should be believable, but Shounen Sunday does seem to be a cut above what's usually expected of Pokemon. If such is the case, I'm hoping they go for an original storyline (rather than an adaption, even a loose one) and not going out of their way to try to showcase every little thing from the games (even Special tends to be guilty of this, don't deny it).
    I am excited too!! I used to love Dengeki! Pikachu! Too bad it only has four volume. I wanted that series to continue so badly.

I'm not sure why other people are getting excited about potential violence. I'm more concerned with the overall atmosphere of the manga potentially being more serious.

For me "violence" in a manga isn't about the pain and gore factor, it's about making the reader believe that the characters' they've grown attached to may face real consequences if a fight doesn't go well.

They don't need to go overboard on violence, just incorporate enough of a "darker" atmosphere that a reader can actually feel concern for a fictional character in danger. Just enough that you can tell that the situation is "serious" or that the story is taking itself seriously.

Done well, creating a sense of seriousness or urgency for the hero's situation may not even require "violence" in the gory sense. For example, compare Pokemon Special to the Pokemon anime. It isn't particularly more violent as far as actual gore is concerned, but maintains a higher "threat level" to the characters through threats thereof. On the other hand, violence for violence's sake has the potential to ruin a story.

I would love if this new manga had a "serious" atmosphere (this doesn't mean I'm against light-hearted moments, I enjoy those too). Whether this requires violence or not isn't the issue, it's how it's used. It would be nice to see an incarnation of Pokemon that is more mature/less childish.

Yes, I know the target demographic of the games is kids, and that all non-game Pokemon material is essentially there to promote the games, but I feel older fans could use something with a few darker elements so they can continue to enjoy non-game parts of the franchise. It's sort of nice to watch a series you like grow up with you. For example, compare the first Harry Potter book to the last one. I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoyed starting a series at a kid-friendly level that became more serious as I got older. It would be neat to see this happen with Pokemon as well.

Guess we'll see what this incarnation does soon enough.

http://blog-imgs-37-origin.fc2.com/r...2011-03_06.jpg

Via BlueSKY.

To begin publication in Shonen Sunday from next month's issue (March 9th), also going to have the first chapter published in Corocoro as a special supplement (March 15th).

Get excited
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

Does the manga have a name or something?

I'd like some info on it

That Pokemon is wierd as ****, but I guess its a Zoroark, going by its body. Or is it? I can't make it out for nothin.
    BLAH

This looks interesting.

The link you provided us gives you an error. Did you perhaps save the image before it was taken down? How did the Zoroark appear?

I saw the picture on Blue Sky itself...nothing new, just the old picture of the protagonist against the shadowy figure we saw last month.

So this manga is going to be serialized starting next month? Wow, I'm really excited about this series since it looks really cool judging from the images that we have so far. The protagonist looks awesome and the other characters we've seen look pretty dynamic as well, so I'm looking forward to seeing the whole story unfold. I'm still not sure if this will be a bit more "mature" than some of the other Pokemon manga out there, but the artwork sure looks sharp and edgy; I like it.
    Last edited by Lorde; 16th February 2011 at 11:45 PM.

I seriously don't know what they're aiming at with this manga -.-
    I'm 14 and I read hundreds of mangas that vary in many genres, and I believe that Special is very Shounen on it's own rights.

It has a high emphasis on moral, friendship, and teamwork, a reckless male protagonist, some rather dark elements, and hints of potential romance. It has a combination of seriousness as well as light humor, and it doesn't ignore issues like death or destruction.

If you read deep enough, there's some pretty deep themes in the manga, like the interactions between humans and nature/Pokemon (RBG, Y, E, BW), the question whether goals really justify the means (Y, GSC, FRLG), does creating a utopia act as an excuse to commit genocide (Y, RS), etc.

To me (a teen), this manga provides less of an appeal than Special. But then again, I analyze literature all day, what do I know XD

SPECIALSHIPPER!

"Pokemon? Isn't that for little kids?" -Guy that got whacked in the head two seconds later

Yeah! I heard about that. Looks interesting, not sure if I'm going to read that or not. The characters look a bit overdone from what I have seen, but I'm sure it can be a great series, I'll probably wait for some to come out, like, quite a bit, read up to where they stop and decide if I'd like to continue. It looks quite interesting, though.

Black FC:
    1420-6510-1767

Quote Originally Posted by Masteryoshimon View Post
    I'm 14 and I read hundreds of mangas that vary in many genres, and I believe that Special is very Shounen on it's own rights.

It has a high emphasis on moral, friendship, and teamwork, a reckless male protagonist, some rather dark elements, and hints of potential romance. It has a combination of seriousness as well as light humor, and it doesn't ignore issues like death or destruction.

If you read deep enough, there's some pretty deep themes in the manga, like the interactions between humans and nature/Pokemon (RBG, Y, E, BW), the question whether goals really justify the means (Y, GSC, FRLG), does creating a utopia act as an excuse to commit genocide (Y, RS), etc.

To me (a teen), this manga provides less of an appeal than Special. But then again, I analyze literature all day, what do I know XD
    You make a very good point about the themes in Special. I never noticed it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Masteryoshimon View Post

This is the most logical post I've seen on this forum.
    Do a barrel roll!

http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/...-Shonen-Sunday

Pokemon ReBURST starts March 9th.

March 9th you say? Well, that isn't very far away. Can't wait!
    Betelgueseshipper for life Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Cool. I can't wait to see this new manga.

I'm excited about this new manga, but it's an anxious excitement. I'm worried it's gonna try too hard to be "hardcore" and fail at it spectacularly.

You know...I really don't get where people are getting the "more mature/hardcore" thing from. No official materials have said that. At all. It's just random speculation based on the fact that...uh...I dunno, the art looks actiony?

Then again, the Pokemon fanbase constantly wants everything to be more mature even though the games/anime/etc are already at just the right level of maturity to be enjoyed by everyone, so what do I know?
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

I can't wait to read that manga I am sooo curious. >.<

Via BlueSKY, the manga's name is revealed to be 'Pocket Monster ReBURST', looks to be a completely new story.

Here's a colour pic of the protagonist and other random characters. http://mantan-web.jp/2011/02/25/2011...056000c/1.html
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    Via BlueSKY, the manga's name is revealed to be 'Pocket Monster ReBURST', looks to be a completely new story.

Here's a colour pic of the protagonist and other random characters. http://mantan-web.jp/2011/02/25/2011...056000c/1.html
    I see Ghetsis!!

So, character of game will be appear?

I don't think thats Ghetsis.

That's because it isn't

The new characters look great and definitely original. I think this series will be pretty cool.

The story program of "Pokemon ReBURST" came out.

The boy リョウガRyouga to seek for his father and mystical soldier アルカデスArukadesu on a journey.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast