Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon ReBURST

I was lurking this thread for quite a time now. Haven't read a Pokemon manga for ages and hearing about this new manga has tickled my curiousity.

Anyway, here's some new leaks from Shellspider.
    http://shellspider.blog101.fc2.com/blog-entry-529.html

*What Has Been Seen Cannot Be Unseen*

O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Sakrey View Post
    I was lurking this thread for quite a time now. Haven't read a Pokemon manga for ages and hearing about this new manga has tickled my curiousity.

O_O
    Wait, what...?

Is that what I think is happening?

Well, that's exciting.

Spoiler:- Wow:
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

No...It's Digimon Frontier all over again! D:

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    Well, that's exciting.

Spoiler:- Wow:
    Oh.

Um...

That's different.

O_O
    LOLOMGWUT?

Also,

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    so..someone posted pics of a Pokemon manga on Twitpic (the same one that posted the other ones I posted)

But..is it Reburst? The art looks different, too different..(maybe a doujin?)

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6071/251120844.jpg

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4485/251119275.jpg
    I found the information about this manga! It's by all means real and official.

It's titled "Pokemon BW: Good Partners" (ポケットモンスターB・W グッドパートナーズ), its script is made by Kyouichi Shichigatsu (七月鏡一) and it's illustrated by Kenmotsu (険持). It runs in Shogaku-3.

So, it's a yet another manga which we haven't been aware of.

Will it get tankobonned, I wonder?

Should I make a thread on it?
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

Hmm...good find

But I'm surprise no one mentioned anything about it...

lolwut.... MIGHTY MORPHIN ZEKROM RANGERS!!!!!! Does that mean the girl can change into Resshy?

Anyway, if it is gonna be like digimon frontier I'm gonna be sad, That's the only season of digimon I could not stand... (Haven't seen Xros wars yet so I can't say anything about it yet XD)

BUt it looks like its gonna be interesting
        Spoiler:- There is stuff here... take a look mkay ;D:

Get the **** outta here, that guy's Zekrom form even has special knee, nail, and head parts. If there's anything that could sell me on this manga, that would be it. Also I'm assuming this is why the shadowy mon couldn't be understood, cause its half human. I really don't give bout Digimon Frontier(even if I wanted to kill it with a brick) cause this looks like it could be decent. I mean think about it, humans that can change partially into Pokemon that have special bits to signify what the Pokemon is.
    BLAH

O_O
    If there's one thing I never expected it would be this! *is shocked* I have to give this a try now, just to see if they do better than what Frontier did or if they can't either. (At least Frontier is hated so much that Pokemon vs Digimon arguments shouldn't arise... hopefully.)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    I found the information about this manga! It's by all means real and official.

It's titled "Pokemon BW: Good Partners" (ポケットモンスターB・W グッドパートナーズ), its script is made by Kyouichi Shichigatsu (七月鏡一) and it's illustrated by Kenmotsu (険持). It runs in Shogaku-3.

So, it's a yet another manga which we haven't been aware of.

Will it get tankobonned, I wonder?

Should I make a thread on it?
    Awesome find. I wouldn't mind a thread on info on this. It's looks a bit shoujo, so I'm curious to see what's this manga is all about.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

O_O
    Whoa, that looks so cool. I can't wait for more scans of this manga.

O.O he's a pokemon who disguises himself as a human or half human half Pokemon. OMG that soo totally rocks. Make me wanna read it so badly

PokeJungle's got some scans from 2ch.

First chapter and no sign of any "standard" Pokémon battle ? Even Pokémon are scarcely seen in this chapter (Except for the colour pages and Zekrom, I haven't found a single one).

Well, I guess I need more info about what's going on here to fully understand the chapter.

I knew it, its not a full transformation, but a partial one were the human has Pokemon bits. Only worrying part of this Manga has to be the onslaught of furries this can attract.
    BLAH

Didn't understand much...

Also, is Arcades the name of the region that the manga takes place in?

The ruined town is named Madoro City.
    Last edited by Maxim; 8th March 2011 at 2:22 PM.
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Didn't understand much...

Also, is Arcades the name of the region that the manga takes place in?

The ruined town is named Madoro City.
    A new region even? I'm surprised by this, thought they would at least base it in Unova.
    BLAH

Arcades is the protagonist's father, I thought.
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

I dunno. I read somewhere that Arcades is a place.

Ummmm.

I was excited for this until it Frontier'd on us...

It's a bit odd, but the only thing I can think is, "Why Pokemon?" This seems like it could be its own series rather something based off Pokemon. Seems a bit pointless especially since it's pretty much the usual shounen. But, then again, that's probably why it used Pokemon...

Either it is or the father has some connection to Arcades as the protagonist did say "Otou-san" which is Father. I guessing it is a place like Maxim suggests as the protagonist says something like he wants to go where his father is (roughly).
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)

Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    It's a bit odd, but the only thing I can think is, "Why Pokemon?" This seems like it could be its own series rather something based off Pokemon. Seems a bit pointless especially since it's pretty much the usual shounen. But, then again, that's probably why it used Pokemon...
    damn, you weren't kidding. When I read what you said, I was expecting a low-action first chapter that barely called for the usage of Pokemon, but such wasn't the case. There was plenty of action, but the Zekrom morpher aside, they were giving plenty of super powers to regular HUMANS, like the guy capable of holding a giant flaming cudgel. At least that girl, Miruto (Milt?), looked like she was ready to throw out a Pokemon near the beginning. I wish I could get a better idea of what's being said, but even I can't read this if the text is so small it's barely legible and the bottom of each page is cut off.

Now I really feel like fanfic writers don't need to worry about how they handle this franchise, especially if OFFICIAL media like this is any indication. I've said that in the past about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (and Pipipi Adventure/Magical Pokemon Journey to a lesser extent), in which extremely humanistic Pokemon form their own society and humans are practically non-existent despite how much the other canons emphasize Trainer roles (yes, despite the title, the main stars of Pokemon tend to be humans who interact with the creatures).... and now here we have a form of canon where the reverse is true: the titular creatures are barely existent, at least from what's shown thus far.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

I can understand a tiny little bit of japanese, so I'll try to share the info with you guys.

Spoiler:- Spoilers:

Sorry if I've made any english mistake. This was the best I could get from the little I know. Oh yeah, sorry if there was some pretty obvious info there. :b

Or, we could read Dogasu's summary

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    damn, you weren't kidding. When I read what you said, I was expecting a low-action first chapter that barely called for the usage of Pokemon, but such wasn't the case.

Now I really feel like fanfic writers don't need to worry about how they handle this franchise, especially if OFFICIAL media like this is any indication. I've said that in the past about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (and Pipipi Adventure/Magical Pokemon Journey to a lesser extent), in which extremely humanistic Pokemon form their own society and humans are practically non-existent despite how much the other canons emphasize Trainer roles (yes, despite the title, the main stars of Pokemon tend to be humans who interact with the creatures).... and now here we have a form of canon where the reverse is true: the titular creatures are barely existent, at least from what's shown thus far.
    I was expecting a low action first chapter too; I'm greatly surprised at how much action this first chapter has. And I have a feeling the human action is going the main focus rather than the pokemon action. What an twist.

I have to agree; if ReBurst can get a green light, then writers can do anything with Pokemon and it'll still be a-okay. It's pretty amazing how Pokemon seems to be covering all the bases all on its own. Fanfic writers have nothing to worry about now.

On that note, it seems the guy doesn't use powers (too bad, I think, it could of been something cool), but a device and people do go on some sort of Pokemon journey. It's interesting there has to be a Trial to have a pokemon journey and I wonder why this is (where are all these pokemon coming from, are they regular animals/pets now? It feels like they are right now).

Yet... All of these pokemon bits seem tacked on, just a bit. I can't help but wonder if this story would be just as good with regular monsters created just for this series. I am interested in the world in this manga, though, so I'll be checking out the other chapters.

question- weekly shonen is viz, or something else?
    *signature does not exist. I have no clue when I'll even post again, really. :/*

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast