I'm not a huge OU tier fan, so I'm hoping that we'll get to standard tier or a more mixed bag of pokemon soon. I feel like we should be starting 5th gen with pokemon that weren't given coverage in 4th gen that are perfectly usable, guys like Ninjask, Tentacruel, Cloyster, Gastrodon, Weezing, etc.
-LO Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Adamant: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Perfect use of STAB with Stone Edge and Crunch which gives great coverage in OU/Uber tier, which has lots of Flying and Psychic types around it. Earthquake is just amazing for its coverage, and Dragon Dance boosts the set as a whole.
Machamp with a No-Guard Dynamic Punch will waste Tyranitar. In fact, most fighting types with Superpower or Cross Chop can make quick work of Tyranitar. Gastrodon can use Tyranitar's Sand Stream to trigger its Sand Power and annihilate it with Earthquake. Bulky Ground types like Donphan, Steelix, and Torterra have a great time against Tyranitar thanks to their resistances (Well not Donphan, but the new Sturdy lets him tank anyway) and access to super effective STAB moves. Politoed can cancel out Tyranitar's Sandstorm and strike it with a high powered Surf.
- Anything with Sand Power or Sand Throw works well with Tyranitar. Rock Types get the Sandstorm SpDef boost, Ground and Steel types resist the damage.
- Cradily benefits from Sandstorm's SpDef boost and takes down bulky ground types.
- Kabutops handles bulky grass types with X-Scissors and ground types with Waterfall, and picks up the Sandstorm SpDef boost.
- Nattorei handles Sandstorm just fine, and deals with Bulky Ground and Water types, as well as setting up Entry Hazards.
- Claydol can scare aware Fighting types and can survive Sandstorm, plus avoid friendly fire from Earthquake.
Last edited by TimmahX; 9th January 2011 at 2:36 PM.
This is a signature that doesn't eat up an absurd amount of space.