Thread: FAT 12.1 [Bigger-FATterer]

Default FAT 12.1 [Bigger-FATterer]

Quote Originally Posted by AlCario
    So, I had this idea. There are 460 pages of threads in this section, but a great deal of them were trolled incessantly and did not recieve the quality of rates that they deserved. I have endeavoured to revive the thread below so that the newer raters can bask in its golden glow as the older ones once did.

In order to create a sense of user interaction, I have decided to turn this idea into a kind of game: the first person to guess the creator of the team below wins, essentially, and as a prize I will honour them in my signature. Simply state the username of who you think the team's creator might be in your post. If you're unclear on the rules, don't hesitate to ask for assistance. I can't stop you from using the search function, but try not to, since it takes the fun out of the game.

Remember to rate the team!

Oh, and if the team is yours, please DO NOT SAY SO. It sort of defeats the purpose. Just sayin'.
    Yea, mo4r FAT. Happy guessing!

Latias @ Choice Scarf
    Bold Nature
    252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SpDef
    ~ Trick
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Flash
    ~ Recover
    And so it begins. I chose Latias to be my Lead because of not only her great Defences, but also because of her ideal movepool for a situation like this.
    With a TrickScarf lead, it is important to be able to take multiple hits from a range of opponents, and Latias is certainly capable of doing so. The given EVs allow for well-rounded defences and great Bulk, giving her 187 HP , 154 Def, and 153 SpDef.
    There is no Pokémon in the Battle Tower that Latias will fail to pass her Scarf to. Not even Scarfed opponents that land a Super Effective Critical Hit can OHKO, and in most cases she will also be able to hit the opponent with a Thunder Wave to cripple them and negate the Speed boost from that Scarf. After this, she will still be alive to Recover damage and proceed to spam Flash until it is a perfect time to bring in another team member.

Lucario @ Leftovers
    Modest Nature
    252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 SpDef
    ~ Flash Cannon
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Iron Defence
    In many other circumstances, this Lucario would be destroyed before it could have the chance to set up. But thanks to Latias, it is far easier for Lucario to switch in and set up once the opponent has been completely crippled.
    The EV Spread makes Lucario bulky enough to take a fair beating after a setup and still survive, but it also gives it a great amount of firepower behind Flash Cannon. Max SpAtk is used because Lucario will need all the power it can get to deal with heavy resistors and bulky waters, as Flash Cannon is its only attacking move.
    Having only one attacking move does not worry me, however, as with a good setup from Calm Mind, it will be hitting at insane levels that would rip through even the bulkiest Empoleon within a few hits. As soon as Lucario comes in, it will get a Substitute up and use either Calm Mind or Iron Defence first, depending on the attacker. Once the setup is done, it will proceed to Sweep, and hiding behind a Substitute, it does not fear Critical Hits or OHKO moves.

Swampert @ Chesto Berry
    Careful Nature
    252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
    ~ Curse
    ~ Rest
    ~ Waterfall
    ~ Return
    Last, but not least, Swampert. I chose to have Swampert on my team because of its great bulk and brilliant typing; Water and Ground has only one weakness, Grass, which Lucario or Latias, if she is still alive, can take hits from. With its bulk, Swampert can come in on a variety of opponents that might otherwise cause Lucario trouble and set up.
    Swampert's EVs allow it to take hits better from the Special side of the attacking Spectrum, as that is where it cannot boost its own defences. The Chesto berry allows Swampert to get an immediate heal when it needs one, and also to cure itself of Burn or Poison that it may have picked up.
    Together, Return and Waterfall provide at least standard coverage on almost all opponents, only hitting for "Not Very Effective" damage on Empoleon. Curse is in there for the obvious reason; to allow Swampert to tank effectively and take out anything in its way.

^Click it!^

^ OHMYGODIKNOWTHIS TEAM.

Translation: Oh my god, I know this team.

Nothing to say, since I helped the person who created it put the thing together. Although running 252 Hp / 172 Def / 84 SpD is the optimal spread for a TrickScarf Latias.

PC+1 Fuk yeah
    .:I reach out my hand and find you there:.

I remember this team, but I don't remember the actual poster. :/

I think it's Ampy. Not sure tho.

Rate-wise? I've got nothing. Stop stealing my Lucario gaiz
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

Nope, 'twas not Ampy, good guess though.

Luc is too gewd not to steal

Also, on your Latias spread Eon, shifting those SpD EV's
    to Spe is also a decent choice, as she outruns base 100's
    and 'Chomp after the Trick. I've used it to great effect.

^Click it!^

^Too gewd not to steel
    Fwa, Quagsire > Swampert for pure awesomeness x3

Hurr, I was going to say Ampy, but since that's not the case...
    idk, mby Al on a non-trolling day?
    lil' ball of spheal.

I actually think that I've seen this somewhere as well... (of similar format)

Is it YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMTAH ?

nothing really that i can rate...

2 more good guesses, but wrong on both. ^^

Wow, I thought this one would be over quickly.

Since someone mentioned Quagsire, I shall regurgitate
    a set.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    252 HP/160 SpD/98 Atk
    *Water Absorb*
    ~ Curse
    ~ Amnesia
    ~ Waterfall
    ~ Recover/Substitute

Max HP, SpD EV's even out the defenses and the rest is
    dumped into Atk. Waterfall doesn't hit Water Absorbers,