Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Collecting: One Year Later

Default Pokemon Collecting: One Year Later

About a year ago, I started to actively collect Pokemon merchandise, and more specifically, Mew and some other favorites. My little collection has grown immensely over this time period, and I thought I would share with you all some of my stuff!

First we have to look at where I started. Heres the basics. My figures, Mew+FLygon+Lanturn+Drifloon collections, and other plush minus my Piplup pillow and talking Pikachu.

And now, heres where I stand today. If you want to see these larger, you can just copy the image location and paste it the url to a new window.

First, Mew collection.

My Mew plush. My favorite Mew item is my first Pokemon Center Mew plush (of the two big ones in the middle, the left one)

My favorite figure is the Mew Mountain scene Zukan. Zukan are scale figures of Pokemon, with majority of them being in 1/40th scale. The measurements are based on the ones given in game via the Pokedex. They have a ton of detail for figures that can be so small!

Here's random Mew stuff! Includes a Pokedoll-style Mew charm, Mew towel, a glasses case, and drawings people have done for me.

And here are my Mew cards. My goal was to get a card or each artwork, since I don't have the money or the patience to track down all both American and Japanese Mews and various re-releases. At this point, I'm only missing 2! The most expensive and rare ones of course XD My 3 favorites are the CoroCoro SHining Mew, Mew *, and the Tree of Beginnings Mew. Sadly my scratched up card protectors do them little justice. Very pretty cards.

Moving on to Drifloons!

Amusingly enough, when 4th gen first came out I thought Drifloon was pretty dumb. That didn;t last long.

Heres my very small Lanturn collection

The second shot is a closer look at my Lanturn Zukan. This set also comes with a Relicanth, and isnt on its proper base/pegs. But it was cheaper like this, and I only cared about Lanturn itself anwyay! I wish Lanturn had more merchandise :P

Time for some 3rd Gen love

Hasbro Flygon plush, you are so derpy looking. Flygon merchandise is pretty expensive, so Im missing a bunch of cool things.

While taking these pictures I realized I ended up having bigger collections of some of my other favorite Pokemon than my Lanturn collection, without ever intentionally collecting them. Fail.

The posable Bayleef plush was a massive want of mine, and is my second favorite plush overall. Look what he did! Now I want to collect Bayleefs XD Dragonite snuck up on me apparently, and Bulbasaur has always been a huge favorite of mine, but I decided not to collect him due to so much merch, and huge amounts of derpness. One day when my 4 mains start to slow down, which doesn't seem so far away now, I'll get to him.

Heres most of the rest of my TOMYs/Kids/Jakks/random stuff chilling on my shelves and cabinet thing. And of course, my first Red team in TOMY form plus my other zukan.

And finally, my Pokedolls, Canvas plush, and other Pokemon Plush. Say hello to factory reject Turtwig and Piplup XD

I purchased most of this stuff from the Pokemon collecting LJ community, http://community.livejournal.com/pkmncollectors/profile or from eBay. Since I live on Long Island, a ton of my old TOMYs and my Pokedolls came from Nintendo World in NYC.

Subtracting out the money I made off of selling Pokemon items, my total amount spent on my collections this past year (Dec 2009-Jan 2011) is between $150-$200.
    Last edited by Shining Mew; 19th January 2011 at 9:00 PM.

Wow, that's a lot of toys & plushs. Nice job at collecting them.
    Pokemon Omega Ruby DexNavlocke

Badges: 3
    Deaths: 0

That's amazing that it's only one year...You have quite the Mew collection.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

In a year? Wow. My parents would kill me.

Christ in a friggin' crutch! That's a ton of collectibles.

All I can say is that you're a true Pokémaniac. My hats off to you, Dazzling Mew.

Edit: I also forgot, where did you get the money to get all this?!

Wow where on earth do you keep all this stuff?

I just came...
    Name:Travis
    Black FC: 0518-6582-7956
    White FC:Will add soon
    DW:Pokeman493 (If you want to register me, use my black DW)
    Steam: Pokeman493
    Gamertag: Snivy493

Spoiler:- GenIV Info.:

Proud owner of a LV.100 Celebi!
    Proud owner of a TRU Arceus!

Looking for:
    Shiny female Ralts
    Legit only please.
    PM me for offers.

Wow...I... how.. how many dollars, did it take for you to get all of that?!?
    Welcome to SPPf! Where everything's made up and the points don't matter! Yup, the points are like...any argument in this forum!

I have claimed Wooper!

@Brumrha: Funding for it all comes from Pokemon stuff I sell! ex) Buying and reselling on eBay. I also keep close track of everything I buy/sell so I know what I can afford, and once I finish selling off a few more things next week, my net spent will be around $150-$200. So around $20 a month.

@alishenai: I have two shelves for them, and a plush pile in the corner of my room. Everything was just all over the place for the pictures :P

i am SOOOOOOOOOOO sory! i dont know wut happend! the server wus slow and i only did it once!
    Welcome to SPPf! Where everything's made up and the points don't matter! Yup, the points are like...any argument in this forum!

I have claimed Wooper!

WOW thats a lot of pokemon collectibles (about 50% are Mew).
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to stop trading for a while due to school. Any trades that were started will be finished up.

Nice collection. one day I'll post my collection..

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Wow Mew, all I have are like 20 figures and 6 plushes. All legit.

We have custom avatars, a fantastic staff, and a great community! Join today!
    Say that "DiscoPichu" referred you!
    Credit to zhanton for sig.

WOW. Impressive!!

My peeps

Leafeon credit to: Grovyl

Cu-laimed!

That is an amazing collection of stuff that you've got there! I've actually been collecting some Pokemon merchandise too, though I'm going for variety. I've loved those little TOMY Pokemon figures since I was a kid, and I recently purchased some online. I got the old Pokemon figures first and I've been working my way up to the more recent TOMY figures. I have about 50 of those now, compared to just 10 that I had about 5 months ago. I'm hoping to get at least 50 more, before I move on to collecting plush figures of my favorite Pokemon.

Wow thats awesome! You have a lot of plushs.

All I have is about 40 figures and a ton a cards from when I was younger.

Most legit pokemon collection I've seen in recent memory. Props to you for collecting all that.

Wow.. That's so cool!

I wish I had money to spend like that.. It must feel really cool having all that stuff.
    I used to have a handful of Pokemon toys and dolls, but nowhere near as much as you! I have like. A Totodile and a Pikachu now. @___@
    But anyways, really nice!

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

WOW that's a lot of collectibles. I've been colletring all my life and i don't have half that much stuff. Where i live there are not many stores that sell pokemon, so i try to buy where i can. I only have a few plushes and figures, but quite a lot of cards. I wish i had your collection.
    "I Don't care about what their stats are.. I love them.. And if i lose or win.. I will always love them.." - A friend of mine talking about his team

My Y Team:

Backup team :

i've seen you on pkmncollectors :'D
    i should post mine sometime... i haven't updated on lj in a while o3o
    i love your collection <3

O.O holy crap, I have never seen that much stuff before, I could not get that much Pokemon stuff in Australia or find them, only maybe a few plushies and cards/games/DVDs but that's about it
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

That is one mahoosive collection, not just massive; mahoosive. I have the first four movies and then 10 incomplete sets of TCG cards - Basic, Jungle, Fossil, Rocket, Gym Heroes, Gym Challenge, Neo Genesis, Neo Discovery, Neo Revelations and Neo Destiny. Some of them are agonisingly close to completion, others; not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Talking

Dang... How did you amass so many... And in one year two!? I particulary liked the giant bayleaf plush. Did you get that off Amazon? Of course I have a good size buneary plush but a giant one or better yet a giant Lopunny one would make a great sex toy... A giant Gardevoir Plush would also work...
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Ho-ley fuck that is a huge collection of mews

hai bh :3

Jess is still alive? Welcome back! Nice collection... it's larger than most people I know. Any plans of stopping, or are you still collecting? And do you have all the US event Mews that came out post-4th gen, including Ranch Mew? Which ones have you gotten on your own?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast