Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scraggy-Hatched to Be Wild (676)

Default Scraggy-Hatched to Be Wild (676)

The Wild Child That Hatched From The Egg.

On their journey to Castelia City, Ash's Egg starts to glow. However, when it hatches into Zuruggu, Ash soon finds that his new Pokémon isn't what he expected as Zuruggu seems to be a very angry Pokémon and is quick to attack the other group's Pokémon. Despite this, it is still very weak so Ash decides to train it. Will Zuruggu become a vital part of Ash's team?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Haha Zuruggu is as weak as Kibago, he was messing with everyone but he doesn't seem to be agressive to humans, haha I loved how he Headbutted Pikachu and Pikachu was like WTF is that? didnt hurt, I loved Mijumaru pissed at him for stealing and stepping on his shell haha, the other pokemons holding him so he wouldn't attack Zuruggu.

After getting his butt kicked by everyone he doesnt want to eat with the other,(once again it seems only Pikachu and Kibago deserve to eat) and runs in the middle of the night starts headbutting a tree(I presume to get stronger) and gets atttacked and poisoned by a Denchura, after that Satoshi says he has to take him to a pokemon center but Dent says its too far and Kibago and Iris go get the berry/flower to heal him, Satoshi gives him the medicine and he falls asleep in his lap.

Zuruggu wakes up and goes to beat on the tree again and this time a lot of Denchuras come out, we get a guitar tune and Satoshi pokemons come to save Zuruggu the entire team kicks the Denchuras *** and Zuruggu his properly presented to them again and seems to be thankfull that they saved him.

Later having their lunch, Zuruggu and Kibago get in another quarrel because of the food and Dent proposes them to have a battle, the battle end in a tie with Dragon Rage blowing in both of them haha and a rilvary is born.

Oh more Meteor Team Rocket stuff happened.

The episode was pretty awesome, I loved the part where the team saved Zuruggu.

So Scraggy tried to escape to be alone for the night, and the friends searched after him.
    Team Rocket this time got 3 different scenes (which is a lot), trying to get into a building, and then they gave the meteorite to a doctor. Scraggy was attacked by Galvantula but Pikachu saved it.
    And it seems Scraggy wanted a revenge so they came back and defeated the spiders.

And eventaully it was a draw between Ash and Iris, and Ash got it in the pokeball. Good ep, 8/10.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Finally Ash's team is complete, it's funny that people thought it would be like the togepi incident, from the description, it looks like a good episode, especially Zuruggu and Kibago having a battle ending in a draw.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Btw if anyone is wondering about its moveset, its Scary face and Headbut.

He repeatedly did that movement of going forwad stopping in front of the enemy and making that face, plus they showed the event version after and it indeed had only Headbutt and Scary Face.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Btw if anyone is wondering about its moveset, its Scary face and Headbut.

He repeatedly did that movement of going forwad stopping in front of the enemy and making that face, plus they showed the event version after and it indeed had only Headbutt and Scary Face.
    The event Zuruggu has four moves - Headbutt and Leer and two others which I'm not so sure about because my puppy was pooing all over the floor and I was distracted. I can be sure, from what I did see, that one was not Scary Face.
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

He looks pretty aggressive,hopefully that means it'll grow fast and will be able to battle by time the 4th gym comes along. Its great that all of Ash's Pokemon got a chance to train on screen, and the hopefully we'll see Mijumaru's an evolution soon.

Why do I have the feeling that Scraggy is going to one day leave the team like Gliscor did?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    The event Zuruggu has four moves - Headbutt and Leer and two others which I'm not so sure about because my puppy was pooing all over the floor and I was distracted. I can be sure, from what I did see, that one was not Scary Face.
    Meh forgot that scary face actually has a scare face ingame, haha tks for the correction, it had 4 moves? Only saw it use two thats why I though it would only have two.

Other attacks might be Low Kick and Faint Attack by his pokedex attacks and him being a baby.

The other two Event Scraggy attacks are Low Kick and High Jump Kick.
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    The other two Event Scraggy attacks are Low Kick and High Jump Kick.
    ;O High Jump Kick? has a baby? must have got it as an egg move, nice I like it haha, I can see him beating something big in the ground gym using Low Kick :P.

Once again tks for the info.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that Scraggy is going to one day leave the team like Gliscor did?
    I hope so. I'm not watching the Anime again until it does. IMO it's the new Monferno.
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by No. 1 Machop Fan View Post
    I hope so. I'm not watching the Anime again until it does. IMO it's the new Monferno.
    Why? you guys must a really big problem with bullying or something, to not accept a little runty pokemon who will probably change with time.

Quote Originally Posted by No. 1 Machop Fan View Post
    ...The new Monferno (strange that you identify it by the form it spent the least time in and did the least in)...

I somehow doubt that. Chimchar was a starter pokemon owned by Ash's main rival, which he adopted after a lifetime of mistreatment. It dominated Ash's later gym campaign and evolved twice to prove itself to its old trainer, as well as harnessing its ability...

How does any of this translate to Zurrugu?

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Why? you guys must a really big problem with bullying or something, to not accept a little runty pokemon who will probably change with time.
    No, I accept Scraggy, it's just that I have a feeling that since Ash has 6 pokemon so early on in the season, one of them will be released or something so he can catch more and since he obviously won't lose Pikachu, a regional bird or any one of the starters, Scraggy's the only one left. Case in point:
    1. Butterfree in Kanto
    2. Bulbasaur, Charizard, and Squirtle in Johto
    3. Aipom and Gliscor in Sinnoh
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 20th January 2011 at 1:45 PM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    No, I accept Scraggy, it's just that I have a feeling that since Ash has 6 pokemon so early on in the season, one of them will be released or something so he can catch more and since he obviously won't lose Pikachu, a regional bird or any one of the starters, Scraggy's the only one left. Case in point:
    1. Butterfree in Kanto
    2. Bulbasaur, Charizard, and Squirtle in Johto
    3. Aipom and Gliscor in Sinnoh
    I was quoting his I hope so, like I hate the dood comment not you mate .

On that subject if this time they do a rotation I think none will get released/sent intraining, if he doesnt Im afraid that migh happen indeed(to a pokemon not not necessarily Zuruggu).

Scraggy was awesome. I don't think I have liked a pokemon so much on it's debut episode since gligar. Hope it keeps it's character. Also loved how the other mons behaved around it. Loved the first introduction bit. Mihu was awesome with it's 'gotta get my precious shell back' attitude.

I am at a complete lost as to what TR is doing and where the writers are going with this. If I am to make a guess I would say the writers are going to give Genesect story to TR just because they have a similar story with Mew-two.

An episode with its positives and flaws.

I'm not sure what to say is the main plot, whether it was showcasing the development of a camaraderie amongst Ash's group of pokemon, or saying that Kibago (right on the name?) is awesome. If the main plot is the first option, then I liked this episode a great deal. It's funny (even if it's stuff we've seen before, but that's okay; it still works and is necessary); and none of the pokemon are absolutely written so that you HAVE to like them-it's your choice. I like this a great deal better than say having Mijimeru (Piplup's cousin; sorry, I will get the name right one day) getting the spotlight for no other reason than the writers trying to bluntly say, this is a cool pokemon b/c no one else is. I liked Mijimeru in this episode b/c everything it did felt really natural, and I could tell it was natural since I could what the tendencies are of all of Ash's pokemon when they are together. So even if I've seen this type of episode before, I definitely enjoy it.

I didn't really care for the way Kibago (Larvitar's twin) was written in this episode, since I felt the writers were forcing me to have to like it. This is more my personal failing than anything, so I had decided not to mention it; but then the writers took it too far, and I feel that this is indeed a sincere fault in the episode. I'm referring to the part when Ash's new pokemon (Zuruku-something like that? sorry, I'll get it soon) has recovered from poisoning and then goes off on his own, OBVIOUSLY to rechallenge the electric spider type pokemon. I saw Kibago with a worried look (rolled my eyes at that, but it's okay), and I didn't think too much of that since I thought it was just for emphasis. Well, in the next scene, I was stunned to realize Ash and group had not followed Zurucku as well; only Kibago had. That's not believable in the slightest; no way Ash wouldn't have followed his pokemon in that type of situation. That's the major flaw in this episode, and since it developed from what was already my major annoyance with the episode, I am quite happy to express myself.

The group fight scene was the best part, probably. My favorite part, though, was Pikachu inspecting the egg after rescuing it. I could use Pikachu at the grocery store (whenever I start doing the groceries for my family, that is) for that very job.

Heh. I knew this would be fun. This episode has some great moments for reaction faces

-Okay, so yeah, Zuruggu is a great addition to the show. Even if he is kind of a brat, at least he's funny with it. I hope he has more interactions with the other mons like this later. And I definitely can see them keeping that rivalry with Kibago going. More than one case of them getting pissed off at each other makes for some great entertainment. And I dawwwed at Kibago thinking he would be a big brother to it.

-The result of headbutt:
    Mamepato-Got scared and ran
    Mijumaru-Got pissed off and had to be dragged away but then tried to beat him up
    Pokabu-Didn't affect him because he's too strong now
    Tsutarja-Was all "oh please" and just pushed him away with Vine Whip.

I love things like that.

-The all-out battle against the Denchura was awesome. Nuff said. (and we will never see Denchura again. :P) This scene had my favorite part of the episode with Zuruggu looking at all of the other Pokemon with awe as he saw how strong they were. Clearly his desire is to become stronger as well (though, I think pissing off Denchura was the first clue of that)

-Another nice thing was Tsutarja pulling Miju out of the way with Vine Whip. It was a nice touch. They didn't need to add that in but they did.

-Oh and we learned Iris does wear PJs! Cute!

-Wow, was the TRio moments disjointed today or what? It was good to see them have a nice amount of screentime, but I think it should have all been in one long cut instead of three separate scenes. Well, we'll see where the Meteonite thing is going in...19.

-Zuruggu vs. Kibago...yeah, that was pretty neat. Kiba fought well against him with all those Scratches. Reminded me of Hajime no Ippo

-Next week, we see Arty...and he is totally fabulous

Scraggy is obviously a Sandile in disguise, yup it makes perfect sense so don't deny it.

But serious, despite it not ending up to be Sandile, I'm just glad it stayed with Ash.

It had more personality then I thought, which is good since I like it and it's interesting.

Some weird people were in this episode though...oh wait that's Team Rocket almost forgot they existed since they weren't in the last episode. Don't know exactly what was going on other then Jessie, James, and Meowth meeting the professor who is doing whatever with the meteorite, not sure what was being said though. Flint was there too.

Scraggy was being a big meanie to all the Pokemon, seemed fine with Ash and that though.

Galvantula overload!!! So much awesomeness from them. Someone should have caught one, who cares if they were trying to eat Scraggy I want to see more Galvantula.

Scraggy and Kibago battling it out was nice, ended in a draw.

The episode was overall great for me. I loved the part where Ash and his Pokemon came to the rescue to save Scraggy. I also loved the Galvantual awesomeness.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Scraggy/Zuruggu is one fiesty little guy, isn't he?

So Ash has a Dark/Fighting type. Yay, status quo breaker!
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I loved the moment when the first Denchura came from behing the tree and looked at Zuruggu as if to say 'You headbutting my tree boy?'

Good that they finally showed Professor Seger. About freakin' time.
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

Another excellent episode Best Wishes delivers!

Scraggy was a total brat, I love his attitude haha and I loved the interaction between Ash pokes! it was amazing! oh and Dent, Iris & Ash in pajamas FTW!!!

I don't know why everybody loves Denchura! o_o it's just alright for me lol

Team Rocket scenes! <3 finally that mysterious professor appeared.

Fantastic episode! 9.5/10

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast