I have to agree with Ash6K and AlmightZard here.
Iris helping out, is just that, her helping out.
Dento said they were too far from a Pokemon Center, and Iris then immediately wanted help out by making the "antidote."
Remember Iris only supplied the medicine to heal Scraggy, it was Ash who actually fed the antidote to Scraggy, as well as gave it some water to drink.
None of what happened to Scraggy can be blamed by Ash at all since:
1. It didn't want to go into the Poke ball.
2. Like AlmightZard said, Ash isn't psychic and doesn't know what Scraggy would do if he was asleep.
3. Scraggy didn't really seem to care if it got hurt.
To go back to someone's previous post on why it wasn't believable that only Axew followed Scraggy (the second time) keep in mind a few things:
1. They probably didn't think Scraggy was going to go back to the tree. I mean would you go back to the tree with Pokemon that tried to kill you? Sure its happened before with Ash's Grovyle, and someone else I can't think of, but surely almost dying as a newborn would've brought some sense into Scraggy. Even though apparently not.
2. They likely saw Axew going with Scraggy and figured if anything happened Axew would come and tell them (which is what happened). Remember this happened with Axew in BW009, you could tell Iris was worried about Axew, but since Pikachu went with it, everything would've been fine and taken care of.
Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.