Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scraggy-Hatched to Be Wild (676)

It's finally great to see axew exhibit some fighting spirit and start acting like a dragon
    and scraggy really overestimates his strength...

Also, has it been proven that axew's a male yet ? because I believe Iris said something about axew being an "onii-chan" to the pokemon in the egg right before axew gets over-excited and sends the egg flying. I believe everyone knows that onii-chan means older brother in japanese so does this prove axew's gender ? Oh also I think it's important to note that the axew in the mystery egg is also male.
    Last edited by XXD17; 20th January 2011 at 10:52 PM. Reason: add
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

This episode was great and probably one of the best in the series so far. I loved the way that it interacted with all of Ash's Pokemon.

Pidove was like "Hello! (Headbutt!) Blink, OWOWOW!"
    Oshawott is like "Hey welcome to the team." Gets hit and then its like "I KILL YOU! KILL YOU!"

My favorite part was the fact that all of Ash's Pokemon were able to appear in do something in the episode.

Locormus are you watching the same anime we are, cause it seems to me like your misunderstanding Ash's character here.

1.He isn't the medical type, that's always been Brock's duty, and now that he's gone Iris has apparently gotten that role, which imo fits her because she isn't useful otherwise.

2.Ash is not a forceful person, he's not gonna force a pokemon, newborn or not to go into a pokeball if they don't want to, the fault thier lies with Zuruggu personality.

3.They were all asleep sans Kibago the first time it ran off, so how was he supposed to know that it had run off, the guy isn't psychic.

4.The second time it went back to the tree, Ash did come and save it. His pokemon combined thier efforts and sent the spiders packing, did Iris or Dent help out in the aspect? Not at all.

Seriously, stop making up excuses mr. "plot power dictates everything." and enjoy the show for what it is, cause your starting to become as bad as Maxim is at being a nitpicker.

Daaaaamn. That baby is one badass kid. Loved how he was just Headbutting everybody left and right. The one that started it was hilarious. Not to mention that it's facial expressions are hilarious. A great addition to the team. Reminds me of Gible.

I guess another episode that has me slightly interested in the series.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Okay I think Team Rocket will have something to do with Deoxys.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I have to agree with Ash6K and AlmightZard here.

Iris helping out, is just that, her helping out.

Dento said they were too far from a Pokemon Center, and Iris then immediately wanted help out by making the "antidote."

Remember Iris only supplied the medicine to heal Scraggy, it was Ash who actually fed the antidote to Scraggy, as well as gave it some water to drink.

None of what happened to Scraggy can be blamed by Ash at all since:

1. It didn't want to go into the Poke ball.
    2. Like AlmightZard said, Ash isn't psychic and doesn't know what Scraggy would do if he was asleep.
    3. Scraggy didn't really seem to care if it got hurt.

To go back to someone's previous post on why it wasn't believable that only Axew followed Scraggy (the second time) keep in mind a few things:

1. They probably didn't think Scraggy was going to go back to the tree. I mean would you go back to the tree with Pokemon that tried to kill you? Sure its happened before with Ash's Grovyle, and someone else I can't think of, but surely almost dying as a newborn would've brought some sense into Scraggy. Even though apparently not.

2. They likely saw Axew going with Scraggy and figured if anything happened Axew would come and tell them (which is what happened). Remember this happened with Axew in BW009, you could tell Iris was worried about Axew, but since Pikachu went with it, everything would've been fine and taken care of.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

i love zuruggu`s battle spirit, cant wait to see its development

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Why? you guys must a really big problem with bullying or something, to not accept a little runty pokemon who will probably change with time.
    Actually, I do. Bullying has given me a fear of teenagers, so the introduction of Scraggy, who is based on the very kind of teenager I fear, was my worst nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    ...The new Monferno (strange that you identify it by the form it spent the least time in and did the least in)...

I somehow doubt that. Chimchar was a starter pokemon owned by Ash's main rival, which he adopted after a lifetime of mistreatment. It dominated Ash's later gym campaign and evolved twice to prove itself to its old trainer, as well as harnessing its ability...

How does any of this translate to Zurrugu?
    The only link between Monferno and Scraggy is a personal one, in that both of them (though for different reasons) made me stop liking the Anime. Nothing major.
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

-Kibago's rather curious about the egg, since it's...close to hatching!
    -WAY TO TRIP AND SEND THE EGG TUMBLING DOWN A HILL, KIBAGO.
    -And Pikachu saves the egg from becoming an omelette!
    -Zuruggu hatched! It seems polite enough to Ash, but...it tries to headbutt Pikachu. Tsk tsk.
    -Ash decides that it's a-ok for the newborn Zuruggu to battle Pikachu. Oh, Ash.
    -Ash has Pikachu use Thunderbolt, only about 10,000 times weaker(he says "juu volt(10 volts), not juuman volt(100,000 volts)"). See Iris? Ash CAN adjust his power levels to train baby Pokemon!
    -Looks like Zuruggu can talk a tough game, but it can't walk the walk.
    -Oh god, Mamepato's face after Zuruggu headbutts it. Combine that with Kibago's face right afterwards, and it looks like this is gonna be a great ep for funny faces!
    -Pikachu and Pokabu had to drag Mijumaru away before it beat the shit out of that little roughneck...or at least they tried. But now Zuruggu knocked off Mijumaru's shell. This means WAR!
    -Zuruggu can use its pants as a shield? Seriously?
    -You know Ash, you could at least TRY to scold Zuruggu for its misbehavior.
    -Bahahahahaha, Tsutarja just gracefully jumped away from Zuruggu(making the little ruffian pretty woozy). And now it's holding Zuruggu back with Vine Whip. I love this episode.
    -Uh oh, now Zuruggu has its sights set on Kibago. ...but Kibago hid in Iris' hair like a coward.
    -Blah blah TR time blah
    -Where are Dento's Pokemon in this dinnertime scene? When was the last time we even saw his Ishizumai? WHY MUST YOUR POKEMON STARVE, DENTO?
    -Blah blah another 5 seconds of TR blah
    -It's nighttime back in twerpland, and...Zuruggu vanished!
    -Oh hey, Iris DOES have proper pajamas!
    -Zuruggu was just kicking/headbutting a tree. No big deal. Other than the giant electric tarantula(with a badass voice!) it just pissed off.
    -Zuruggu gets hurt pretty badly, but luckily for it, Iris is as good as a Pokemon center!
    -Blah blah TR delivers the meteorite to mad scientist mark twain blah
    -In the morning, Zuruggu heads right back to that tree so it can headbutt it some more & summon the Denchura for a fight. I'm starting to think that Zuruggu is...special.
    -Kibago wants to eat next to Zuruggu, Zuruggu doesn't want to, they start fight, and...Dento has the bright idea of making them fight each other? What? I'd expect that from Ash, not you!
    -Naturally, the match ends with a rather explosive Dragon Sneeze knocking out both Pokemon.

In short: A pretty damned hilarious episode that introduced what seems like a pretty damned hilarious Pokemon. Zuruggu's "acts tough but is actually pretty weak" schtick is better than the generic bullying I expected. But most importantly:
    All of the fucking egg speculation is done. It's done! Thank you, Jesus! Thank you, Allah! Thank you, Zeus!
    Last edited by Juputoru; 21st January 2011 at 12:38 AM.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    -Zuruggu can use its pants as a shield? Seriously?
    According to its Black Pokedex entry, it can. The 'pants'' rubber elasticity repels attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    But most importantly:
    All of the fucking egg speculation is done. It's done! Thank you, Jesus! Thank you, Allah! Thank you, Zeus!
    You forgot to thank Arceus!
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

I am also glad that the egg speculation is over with. But I guess the only other question is will Ash catch a Sewaddle in the next episode and if he does then hopefully he will be able to balance out switching them around.

-Kibago gets told he's becoming an 'older brother' by Iris. This + the event Kibago = proof? Please...
    -'Pikachu use Quick Attack!' Wow...did not see that coming...
    -Aw, the first thing Scraggy does is pull up its baggy skin. So cute.
    -Leer+Headbutt combo onto Pikachu.
    -Ash asks Scraggy if it wants to battle because of it attacking Pikachu. Scraggy is keen and Ash says' Ok Pikachu, rather than greeting it, let's battle!'
    -So glad they didn't show preview of the Scraggy/Pikachu battle Irisgetsit speculation would have gone through the roof.
    -Scraggy knows (at the moment) Leer and Headbutt - Iris comments that that's not many, but Ash reminds her that Axew only knows two too. NOTE: The Event Scraggy has two extra moves: Low Kick and Hi-Jump Kick.
    -Haha, Ash tells Pikachu to attack using '100-000 Volt' (Thunder Bolt in the dub) but to make it 10 Volts instead.
    -Poor Pidove, coming out looking for a hand shake and getting headbutted
    -Oshawott is win. That is all.
    -First example of Skin Shield. I can see that coming up a lot.
    -In a mirroring of Pansage and Axew's fight, Snivy stops Scraggy's attack from a distance. She is not impressed.
    -Digging Jessie's new hair style.
    -Oh wow, all of Ash's teams still out and eating together, + Axew. Scraggy's not interested. Dent + Iris think he's upset because he lost to the rest of Ash's team.
    -When Ash tries to put it in a Pokeball it won't. Dent guesses it may be because it just hatched it wants to be outside for a little bit more.
    -Axew realizes Scraggy is gone and alerts the team, who immeadiately go searching for him.
    -Axew finds footprints and they follow it to a tree where Scraggy is practising headbutt.
    -Out pops Gavantula, and a fight ensues. Pikachu scares it off - and it recedes into the dark with smexy/creepy glow in the dark purple eyes.
    -Iris goes off to do her forest doctor thing. They never mention that Scraggy is poisoned, just ill because of Gavantula's electric attacks.
    -Ah, it's not poisoned, but paralyzed.
    -TRio board the 'Team Rocket Moving Research Lab'.
    -The proffessor determines that there is material in the meteorite that doesn't exist on Earth.
    -When the rock glows the Prof says 'This is the response that we've been looking for!' but they need more analysis. Flint tells the TRio they're off to the next mission.
    -It does seem kinda odd that when Scraggy goes off no one would follow it, except Axew.
    -But who really cares because it allows for a BA entrance of Ash and co. with an even more BA music cue :P
    -Battle ensues; I like that Snivy pulls out Oshawott from danger.
    -It occurs to Dent that Scraggy came back to the tree for revenge ... dadoi.
    -Axew, feeling sorry for the self-imposed loner Scraggy goes to eat breakfast with it, but Scraggy is not interested.
    -Dent suggests that Axew would make a good parter for Scraggy to practise battling with.
    -Scraggy's headbutt causes Axew to fail at Dragon Rage, resulting in a draw with them both knocked out. Iris seems to think it was Axew's fault.
    -Ash captures Scraggy.

Overall a nice ep, fairly funny for Pokemon and TR being as vaugue and mysterious as ever - but now in a different hair style.

All of the ****ing egg speculation is done. It's done! Thank you, Jesus! Thank you, Allah! Thank you, Zeus!
    But now we get to speculate on when/how Iris is going to get the Pokemon because it's standing next to/near her in some sketches!!
    Last edited by Sabonea_Masukippa; 21st January 2011 at 1:25 AM.
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

I don't want Scraggy going anywhere. I really like it. He's creepy, rude, violent, and awesome. This episode made me like Snivy even more too.

Good episode. Best of Best Wishes so far.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Meguroko has shown to want the attention of Ash. To think that it would want to go with Iris at this point is a bit weird.

What may make it plausible is that Iris had a pretty big role in 'saving' Zuruggu in this episode. Iris was the one that cured Zuruggu's poison and she got jack for that.. Ash couldn't do a damn thing, so I'm not very pleased with the complete progression of how it bonded with Ash.

That being said, I did like the episode, just the fact that Iris saved Zuruggu while Ash couldn't is just a plain smack in the face in my opinion to the sentiment and request that Ash got when he got the damn egg.

'Please take good care of the pokemon in this egg'

Next thing you know he's relying on other people's skills to do so.. I'm sorry, but Ash doesn't really deserve Zuruggu now does he? And don't give me that crap akin to 'well he defended it the second time'. If it weren't for Iris saving it the first time, and Ash maybe keeping an eye on his newborn, then there wouldn't have been a second time.

So all of you people who said that 'Ash should get it, because he got the egg as a gift' should look at themselves with this in mind. He didn't only get it as a gift, he got it with a request, and he failed to fulfill that request the moment it hatched.

How is Ash worthy of keeping it?

I like that Zuruggu is one the team, it's a fun character, just the way this episode was written means that it will always have a flaw.
    First few comments in bold.

I like the idea of Ash and Iris becoming training partners and working together, that's great and all. I don't have a problem with that.

I think you misunderstood my post a bit if you think I pressed the 'Iris/Scraggy'-thing. The whole point of my post wasn't to state that I rather want Zuruggu to be with Iris (though it kinda implies it here or there, I do admit), but the real point was that I see, very clearly, that Ash has not once, but twice in a single episode failed on keeping his promise and therefore shouldn't really be keeping the thing, it just isn't right and fair to the person who gave him the egg...
    Correct, but Ash carried it away when it was poisoned, if he just left it there Galvantula woulds have lizard for dinner. It went with Ash because it was Ash's pokemon he greeted with and it was Ash's pokemon who saved them the second time. Aswell as Ash commanding him in battle. If I was a pokemon I would not want to leave my trainer for someone who ordered a pokemon to attack me. As for Sandile, it is very well possible that it is still wild from does sketchs. Besides if it was going to be Iris pokemon in the end what was the point of Ash getting it at all. Also it was Iris who feed Tepig, all Ash did was clean it but Ash still got him in the end so it is similiar to this situation a little. What that COTD doesn't know won't hurt her, she gave the egg to a trainer so the take care of it will be broken because Ash will battle with him and it will get hurt in battle. Plus him trading it away would be breaking the promise too. She told ASH to take care of it, not Iris. Calm down and be happy he is in the group at all.

I think it was a very good episode, I loved the interaction between Zurrugu and Ash's other pokemon. I am happy that in the end it is Ash's Zurrugu.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    But now we get to speculate on when/how Iris is going to get the Pokemon because it's standing next to/near her in some sketches!!
    NOOOO, NOOOO, OH GOD IN HEAVEN NO. ARES destroy the speculaters and my life is yours (yes i did use that from God of War). I'd rather Zurrugu oaked for the whole region then for it to leave with her. Sandile and Zurrugu can both be his, as one pokemon like pidove or one of the starters can be temporarily oaked.
    Last edited by benknightprime; 21st January 2011 at 3:03 AM.

First few comments in bold.

I like the idea of Ash and Iris becoming training partners and working together, that's great and all. I don't have a problem with that.

I think you misunderstood my post a bit if you think I pressed the 'Iris/Scraggy'-thing. The whole point of my post wasn't to state that I rather want Zuruggu to be with Iris (though it kinda implies it here or there, I do admit), but the real point was that I see, very clearly, that Ash has not once, but twice in a single episode failed on keeping his promise and therefore shouldn't really be keeping the thing, it just isn't right and fair to the person who gave him the egg...
    Dude, you're taking this WAY too far. It's done. Ash caught it. GET OVER IT. I'm starting to wish they never leaked those stupid sketches of the Ducklet episode
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 21st January 2011 at 2:41 AM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

I think this was actually one of the better episodes. As someone pointed out above me, seeing Pokémon interact with each other is usually the best, and this ep had plenty of it. And it didn't give me much pain when writing a summary of it for a certain fanpage.
    And Denchura was just aweseme <3 I so want that sweetie in my team.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

This episode made me love Snivy. It's so sassy, yet elegant and poised. lol. Denchura too. It's such a cool pokemon. They should've introduced it's pre-evolution as well. Have Scraggy bullying the little spider only to have it run to mama Denchura and Scraggy is screwed.

Marry the Night

Zuruggu is AWESOME.
    That is all.

I really, really hope it doesn't go to Iris.

I never expected a Zurugu to hatch, but I like its personality. Ash is up for a challenge.

I liked the fact that Zuruggu is weak from the start, like a real baby. This was one of the best episodes so far. It was lulzy too:
    - Pikachu doing a small thunderbolt, still destroying Zurrugu (kinda reminds me of that episode where Ash tried to help a trainers Paras to evolve, by using weak thunderbolts)
    - Zuruggu, just the whole of him is great. Headbutting everyone as greetings lol
    - The whole team saving Zurrugu was the best. It's reaction was great too, its like seeing your own "siblings" and being proud

Without subs, there is not much I can say about TR. It seems to me that Pidove is the weakest (except Zurrugu), since it looked very scared getting headbutted, despite not damaging much (it had a delayed reaction). Oshawott was angry probably because the lack of respect I guess. And it seems like Kibago finally got it's fitting practice partner! Also the preview of this episode made me think first that it was using a kicking attack.
    I think Zuruggu will struggle to learn punching moves, since it keeps it hands on the pants the whole time during battles, which will be comical for Ash to train it in the future
    X Version, Friend code
    4098 - 3179 - 9820
    Friend Safari, Rock Type (Rhydon, Pupitar, Boldore)

Quote Originally Posted by Chill92 View Post
    I liked the fact that Zuruggu is weak from the start, like a real baby. This was one of the best episodes so far. It was lulzy too:
    - Pikachu doing a small thunderbolt, still destroying Zurrugu (kinda reminds me of that episode where Ash tried to help a trainers Paras to evolve, by using weak thunderbolts)
    - Zuruggu, just the whole of him is great. Headbutting everyone as greetings lol
    - The whole team saving Zurrugu was the best. It's reaction was great too, its like seeing your own "siblings" and being proud

Without subs, there is not much I can say about TR. It seems to me that Pidove is the weakest (except Zurrugu), since it looked very scared getting headbutted, despite not damaging much (it had a delayed reaction). Oshawott was angry probably because the lack of respect I guess. And it seems like Kibago finally got it's fitting practice partner! Also the preview of this episode made me think first that it was using a kicking attack.
    I think Zuruggu will struggle to learn punching moves, since it keeps it hands on the pants the whole time during battles, which will be comical for Ash to train it in the future
    Pikachu doing a weaken Thunderbolt reminded me of when Dento and Iris were battling not to long ago, and Dento had Pansage use a weak Bullet Seed and Solar Beam yet still being too much for Axew. Both cases were pretty funny for me, wouldn't mind seeing another situation like it, with different Pokemon though.

I wouldn't call Pidove the weakest just because of how it acted. It was saying hi to Scraggy and out of no where it headbutt it, it was just thinking "What happened here". Poor thing was confused.

Oshawott was probably more angry about getting hit for no reason, especially when Oshawott was being nice and that.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Iris looked hot in her pajamas! There I said it!

Scraggy is like a big head, full diaper, bad baby.

Highly entertaining episode. Zuruggu is probably my favorite Pokemon on Ash's BW team now. Snivy and Oshawott, your time was short lived. Although Snivy's extra bit of sass in this episode was enjoyable. So calm and collected.
    Anyway, yeah, Zuruggu, I'm loving it. As usual, the anime manages to make me adore a Pokemon I didn't really care for before.

Lots of nice stuff here this time around. Another practice battle for Iris and Axew (and it got some stuff done!), Team Rocket got a little more than what they've been getting lately, and Ash's "Use 10 Volts" joke made me giggle.
    Ah yes, and Denchura, those things are awesome.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

It's funny that people thought the egg was going to hatch in anything else aside from a Zuruggu, but that's beside the point is it? It surely was debatable at the time.. And if I recall, I made a point of saying in my last post about the subject that it could go to either Ash or Iris: 'Whoever saves it'. And how right I was about that situation by the way.. So the best way you could've worded that sentence was 'it's funny that people thought it COULD be like the Togepi incident'
    No there were some people that said it would definitely be a Togepi rehash, there was at least some evidence of Meguroko, Zuruggu or Kurumiru hatching, but Sunyshore explicitly explained that Zuruggu wasn't standing on Iris, hence no evidence that it would go to Iris at all.

Anyway, as others said, it was a nice episode, Zuruggu's meet and beat, with Ash's Pokemon is probably the funniest shiz in best wishes so far,

Mamapeto being nice then getting headbutted, so it flew away was nice.

Mijumaru trying to greet it and then getting headbutted and Mijumaru wants to get it back and Pokabu and Pikachu pulling Mijumaru away, then it's shell being stolen, and Mijumaru getting it back and hitting Zuruggu was awesome.

Pokabu acting all "Well that wasn't nice" after being headbutted was nice. Pokabu acting like the little baby that it is was cute, kind of reminds me of cyndaquill.

And Tsutaja was being the confident little female dog that she is against Zuruggu was funny as anything.

Great episode, just beat episode 3 of best wishes in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm off to watch it again ;D.
    Last edited by playerking; 23rd January 2011 at 3:02 AM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast