Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scraggy-Hatched to Be Wild (676)

I finally watched this episode of Best Wishes, and I admit that I wasn't very impressed. Despite it appearing that Ash indeed got to keep his Zuruggu after all, the whole episode still felt empty. I might also receive numerous death threats for saying this, but I'll say it anyway: I disliked Zuruggu. I thought I'd like it because it looked sort of funny in the previews, but it wasn't. Anyway, it was interesting Ash examining his Gym badges. You know, because he has OCD and he was afraid they might have run off if he didn't keep an eye on them all the time. Then Kibago noticed Ash's egg beginning to glow, and Ash and friends got all excited about that. Kibago then accidentally hit the egg and it went rolling. Haha. Luckily, Pikachu managed to catch it before it hit a rock, so no harm done I guess. The egg finally hatched ( I really liked that egg-hatching music that we got in there) and as many predicted, it contained a Zuruggu. It looked harmless enough, but then it used Leer and tried to Headbutt Pikachu for some reason. Ash then decided to teach Zuruggu how to battle. Either that, or to showcase its techniques (I don't care, really). Iris was surprised that Zuruggu only knew 2 moves, but then again, so did her own Kibago. Ash had Zuruggu attack Pikachu with Headbutt, but the attack didn't do much against Pikachu. Then Pikachu used a tiny Thunderbolt on Zuruggu, but even that looked like too much. Geez, the Zuruggu looked weak. Ash then sent out his other Pokemon to meet Zuruggu, and Mamepato tried to greet Zuruggu but it got attacked by Zuruggu. How rude! Mijumaru tried to greet Zuruggu, but was just attacked. It was so cute to see Pikachu and Pokabu having to hold Mijumaru back as it tried to fight lol. Mijumaru wasn't taking BS from the newbie though, and it attacked Zuruggu again, only to have its shell taken by Zuruggu. Mijumaru used Water Gun, but Zuruggu blocked most of it. It then Headbutted Pokabu. Haha, that was funny though. It looked like Zuruggu was really just out of control. Lol, problem, Ash? Zuruggu then tried to Headbutt the rock where Tsutarja stood, but Tsutarja managed to dodge that quite faaaabulously. You go girl! She then used Vine Whip to hold Zuruggu back. It looked like Zuruggu was going to attack Kibago next, but it hid in Iris's long hair. Well, I guess that's one way of avoiding trouble teehee, Though I wouldn't mind it if Kibago had gotten attacked, since it did almost kill Zuruggu while it was in the egg. Back in Shippou City, Team Rocket appeared all serious-like and they were seen talking to that Flint guy and it looked like they were going to target yet another building in the future. Geez, even this show's filler has filler. Anyway, that evening, Ash and his friends appeared to have stopped to feed their Pokemon. Ash tried to talk to Zuruggu, but it didn't seem to want to socialize or even eat. Well, Ash shouldn't have to beg it, anyway. Then we got another scene change to Team Rocket. Talk about bad pacing.

It appeared that Team Rocket had found the building that they had looked at via their laptop earlier. Anyway, in the next scene, Zuruggu appeared to have started eating, much to Ash's surprise. Zuruggu didn't want to go back into its Pokeball that night, however. Spoiled little brat. That night, Kibago woke up and noticed that Zuruggu was looking at the sky and then went missing, so it alerted Iris, who alerted Ash and Dent. They found Zuruggu Headbutting a tree, then a wild Denchura appeared! It looked sort of creepy at first, but then it looked cute. Ash and Pikachu were going to fight it, but Zuruggu wanted to fight instead. Denchura used Elecball and then ElecNet, which trapped Zuruggu. Pikachu managed to scare it away in the end, though. Just as Ash was talking to Zuruggu, it appeared to have suffered from one of Denchura's attacks. Iris managed to make some medicine though, which cured it. Huh, Iris is like the Brock of Best Wishes. Back in Shippou City, Team Rocket delivered the meteor to some scientist guy who ran some tests on it. It started glowing and for the first time in like 17 episodes, Team Rocket showed some emotion as they looked surprised. In the morning, Zuruggu woke up but returned to the forest to practice Headbutting again. Then, predictably, a bunch of Denchura appeared and Kibago had to go warn the others. Ash and friends then ran towards the forest, and arrived just as the Denchura were going to attack Zuruggu! I was impressed with Mamepato, Pokabu, Mijumaru, Tsutarja, and Pikachu's efforts as they fought back the Denchura. Looks like those bugs got squished. Ba-zing! It looked like Zuruggu gained some new respect for its fellow Pokemon after that battle, which was great character development I suppose. Well, almost, since Zuruggu still didn't like Kibago. Dent then said that Zuruggu and Kibago should battle, which I found odd. As the battle started, Zuruggu used Leer and then Headbutt on Kibago, while Kibago used Scratch on Zuruggu several times. After that, Iris had Kibago use its most potent attack: Dragon Rage! Only, Zuruggu used Headbutt before Kibago could finish charging it, which just caused an explosion that knocked out both Iris's Kibago and Ash's Zuruggu. Well, that was anti-climatic, to say the least. After the battle, Zuruggu allowed itself to return to the Pokeball, officially giving Ash a team of six Pokemon, which hasn't happened this early since the Kanto saga I believe (I don't care, really). Ash then did his little victory pose thing that he usually does when capturing a new Pokemon, and all seemed well with the world. It would appear that Ash would set his sights on Hiun City next. Well, the episode could've been worse. Like I said, I didn't find Zuruggu to be likable, but it sure was crazy in the beginning; what with attacking Pokemon with Headbutt for no apparent reason. I'm sort of sad that it went to Ash though, since Iris could use some love. Anyway, normal episode, 6.5/10. Stay faaaabulous~

I just realized, Zuruggu is the Unova equivalent to Ash's Primeape because they're both Fighting pokemon & Zuruggu's headbutting and nasty demeanor is like Primeape's thrashing

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Seeing that Tyrunt is trying to make friends with the other pokémon, but is acting a little too pushy
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

I expected Zuruggu would be on Ash's team even before the show aired. It just has that look to it. Like, I can picture Ash with Waruvial, Gigalith, Zuruzukin, braviary, and Reuniclus by the end of the BW series up until Generation 6.
    WARUVIAL

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Iris looked hot in her pajamas! There I said it!
    Seconded. Shame we couldn't see her in her pajamas for a little longer.

But I definitely loved Tsutarja in this episode, especially when she gave Zuruguu that 'yea...don't think so' response when it tried attacking her and when she was battling.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

I've been following Best Wishes since it started, and while I was generally
    impressed by the direction its going, this episode was the first I gave a straight thumbs-up.

The simple thing about this episode that makes it so good is the "family bonding" between Ash's team. Featuring all of his pokemon trying to bond with a new member is one rare chance, and this episode managed to pull it off. Sure, Dento didn't get much screentime in this episode (and none of his pokemon were featured), but the focus was on Ash's team, so I didn't mind it as much. Kibago was prominently featured, but I see a rivalry between the two babies of the group and that justifies Kibago being featured in this episode.

1) We start off the episode with Ash admiring his newly-accquired badge. I'm not going to criticise him for this, after all he did just win the badge and travelling might not provide exciting events all the time, so a good ol' look at recent accomplishment is not unusual.

2) Kibago notices the egg glowing and soon the group is waiting excitedly for it to hatch. Then surprise! surprise! Accident happens and the egg is on a downhill trip. While it does sound a filler for time (until we get further details if it had affected Scraggy), Pikachu's actions were simple and great, from quick attack, to grabbing the egg, landing and checking if the egg was fine. Simple, cute actions, but they were nonetheless entertainment for me.

3) Scraggy emerges from the egg! Its first reaction to Pikachu? LEER! Followed by a missed headbutt. No question later that this Scraggy is eager for battles and soon Ash had arranged one for it with Pikachu. The match was hilarous, with Pikachu exaggerating himself being hit before realising it was not as what he thought it would be. Ash commanding 10-volts was actually funnier than 10-volts itself though, but it took out Scraggy nonetheless.

4) Ash thinks its a good idea for team bonding (yay!) and we are soon treated to a Scraggy-headbutts-everyone fest. Pidove was the friendliest and first to introduce itself and as a result, was first to be headbutted among the four. Its delayed reaction was funny, since it displays that it wasn't actually hurt by the headbutt, but was confused (since Ash told them Scraggy was a new teammate) and then reacted when it realised Scraggy was aggressive by nature.

5) Mijumaru was next, being friendly as well. Unlike Pidove, Mijumaru reacted with the attitude we all know Mijumaru for. Hilarity follows. (Pikachu and Pokabu dragging Miju away was one of the best scenes). Scraggy blocking water gun with the pants was also an impressive moment (And when I saw Pokabu behind, I knew who was going to be next).

6) Note to self: Pokabu's head is harder than Scraggy's. Scraggy's headbutt provided more recoil damage than it did damage to Pokabu. Pokabu's part was short, but given he was just in the limelight the previous episode, that's fine.

7) Snivy's response, like Mijumaru's, was expected but was also a delight to watch. She even sparkles when jumping!

8) Team Rocket - Ash's Group Dinner - More Team Rocket - Ash's Group at night was quite the mess in terms of organsation. Should have merged the Rocket parts together.

9) DENCHURA. WINZ. I HAVE NOTHING MORE TO SAY. (Denchura ranks #1 in my list of favorite Gen V Pokemon, and hence this is extremely biased.) As bad as I feel for Scraggy, Denchura displayed awesomeness in its attacks (although it totally outmatches Scraggy for obvious reasons.)

10) Typical rescue scene by Pikachu, and Denchura retreats to its tree, with its awesome creepy purple eyes. Scraggy is shown to be injured from the battle and Kibago finds the herb needed to cure it. Adds a nice touch of "human" emotion to the episode.

11) Back to Team Rocket. I like the new professor. He looks serious and he means business. Plus points for his evil look when he finds out the meteorite reacts the way it should (And makes him even more so, when the trio and even flint have shocked reactions).

12) Stubborn Scraggy is stubborn. We have four times the previous number of Denchuras now (4x the awesomness) and it makes me wonder why the group didn't follow him despite him running away. But that's fine, since it made way for

13) Dramatic entrance by Ash and co, with Pikachu and the "Squad of Four" (Yes I name it that, I liked the four pokeballs being released in that animation and their combined voices while running to find Scraggy was cute beyond measure). The fight was awesome, with everyone being featured.

14) Scraggy vs Kibago. Figured it would end with Dragon Sneeze and wasn't wrong, but to see two babies fighting each other was... cute!

So basically, this episode had cute, awesomeness, team bonding and the team rocket segments introduced us to a new character who means business, that combination makes the episode a unique one that gets my immediate thumbs up!

I liked how all of Ash's pokemon worked together at the end to save Zuruggu....you don't usually see pokemon with such good teamwork....and Ash didn't have to command them. It was really cool to see that they could fight without his guidance sometimes. (You could argue they fight better when he's not guiding them )

I'd like more scenes like this, it makes me wonder what the anime would be like if more pokemon were outside their pokeballs at once.

I'm glad that Scraggy ended up hatching instead of Meguroko now.

My ideal battle ever!

Scraggy! yay its a really cute Pokémon, im glad it hatched..it suits Ash =P
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

good episode liked the Scraggy Vs Axew "battle"
    Pokemon White Version
    FC: 0432-7962-0527
    Name: Dean

Wow. TPCi are being slightly careless with their episode titles. They've spoiled what hatches from the egg with this title, and also spoiled Tepig's appearance as the mysterious Pokémon back in episode four. O_o

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    Wow. TPCi are being slightly careless with their episode titles. They've spoiled what hatches from the egg with this title, and also spoiled Tepig's appearance as the mysterious Pokémon back in episode four. O_o
    Scraggy is hardly meant to be a surprise; doesn't he actually hatch before the titles?

EDIT: No, not quite, but certainly within the first five minutes; hardly a massive spoiler.

Mind you, if the Japanese had done this, the whole Scraggy/Sandile/Sewaddle saga would never have happened.
    Last edited by Beeblebrox; 30th April 2011 at 10:25 AM.

This episode was alright. It was cool to see Zuruggu and Denchura for the 1st time. It was great to see Zuruggu hatch from the egg. Zurrugu is one tough Pokemon. It loves to Headbutt every Pokemon it meets. It was funny when Tsutarja used Vine Whip to keep Zuruggu at a distance. Mijumaru's reaction to the Headbutt was very funny. Zuruggu definitely was getting into a lot of trouble with the Denchura. It was cool to see the other Pokemon work together to save Zuruggu, even after the headbutting.

69/100

Yes Scraggy I didn't expect him but i'm glad. Also cool to see Galvantula for the first time. Axew seemed so excited to be a big brother. Funny when Ash introduced Scraggy to the rest of the team especially Oshawott and Snivy. 9/10

The episode was average :].
    However, this episode made me dislike Scraggies o.o.
    I found Ash's Zuruggu very... annoying. It was reckless and rude :l. (At least in my opinion.)

However, I liked seeing Pokabu, Snivy, and Miju rescue him ^^. They were epic. And it was also really cool to see the Dentulas (one of the trainers should've caught one ;P).

The English dub is airing tomorrow. Am I the only one hoping to God that the Galvantula keep their Japanese voices?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Seeing that Tyrunt is trying to make friends with the other pokémon, but is acting a little too pushy
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Anyone else find Iris extremely hot in those pjs?

Also loved Oshawott's reaction after being headbutted! "I'm going to kill you!"

Now that I understand the dialogue...

This episode is just really poorly written. You could tell whoever came up with this episode started with the idea that Scraggy and Axew needed to develop a relationship, and really didn't put too much effort into developing a scenario for that. I'm not sure what type of pacing this series is on, but it's really hard to develop a really good relationship in just one episode; that's what this episode tries to do, and it's just really corny.

I liked Ash's dialogue and characterization-except for the ridiculous scene where he doesn't even care where Scraggy is going (but I've covered that)-, and I think Iris as well has a pretty good outing. My favorite part was the bit of dialogue when Iris criticized Scraggy's lack of moveset, with Ash then pointing out that Axew was in the same boat. That's one of the few times when Ash has seemed more experienced than Iris, which is nice (also what was nice was that Ash didn't call Iris a little kid when he made that remark).

This episode again doesn't have any sort of moral to it, though there were several possible things the episode could really focus on. In the end, though, it just doesn't focus on anything, and it's hard to be an impactful episode when that's the case.

Pretty cool episode. It's nice that Ash got a Scraggy and I think it is cool how Scraggy thinks he is so tough, when he really isn't. Seeing Pidove is always a good thing and of course Oshawott would get a high amount of attention. Galvantula did seem a bit random, but I liked the battle with Pikachu, Pidove, Oshawott, Tepig & Snivy VS The Galvantulas.
    9/10

Does anybody know what Iris mean when she said, "I wonder......."?
    Last edited by Torpoleon; 28th May 2011 at 3:14 PM.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

It's a good episode. The egg hatches into Scraggy, which acts all tough and doesn't want to hang around with anyone. Scraggy gets paralyzed by wild Galvantula, but recovers. Scraggy tries to fight the Galvantula again, but saved by Ash's Pokemon. Scraggy fights Axew, but ends in a tie. Can't wait for the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Pretty cool episode. It's nice that Ash got a Scraggy and I think it is cool how Scraggy thinks he is so tough, when he really isn't. Seeing Pidove is always a good thing and of course Oshawott would get a high amount of attention. Galvantula did seem a bit random, but I liked the battle with Pikachu, Pidove, Oshawott, Tepig & Snivy VS The Galvantulas.
    9/10

Does anybody know what Iris mean when she said, "I wonder......."?
    Most likely about them being training partners.

It seriously never occurred to me that a newly hatched Pokemon would refuse to join his trainer's party. Scraggy surprised me; he was really quite different from the other hatched Pokemon.

Axew and Scraggy being training partners was an excellent idea. Both being Level 1 (after all, they just hatched out of their eggs), they are equally matched.

By the way, Scraggy reminds me of a gangster-type kid with sagging pants who acts all tough but really isn't.

Hmm... I think I'd give this episode an 8.5/10.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno_rocks View Post

By the way, Scraggy reminds me of a gangster-type kid with sagging pants who acts all tough but really isn't.

Hmm... I think I'd give this episode an 8.5/10.
    Wangsta trying to get in with the black kids XD Seen so many in my school

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Wangsta trying to get in with the black kids XD Seen so many in my school

-So have I and i'm black. But overall, this was a decent ep. Scraggy is a cool Pokemon to have and liked his interactions with the other Pokemon, especially Oshawott.

-It still feels weird to see Team Rocket less and less in each episode and not interacting with Ash and Co. This week though they were on a little bit more though.

- Man, I'm feeling Galvantula's voice. I swear it sounds like Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget.

- All in all I'll give it a 8/10

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Finally, the egg hatches and Ash has his first dark typed pokemon and it's even the primary type even though I think that has no significance whatsoever lol. But what's this? Scraggy is a bit startled and begins to cause some shenanigans (ooo nice word, some people will get what I mean by this). We have battles, runaway baby pokemon, scary galvantula's, the teamwork of Ash's pokemon and many many more shenanigans but I feel that the list has gone on long enough.

Oh wait, Ash hasn't caught the little guy yet? Is it just me or does anyone else think that the writers suddenly thought that they forgot to give the little guy a pokeball because I can recall Ash trying to 'return' scraggy to it's pokemon previously in the episode, but that might be a dubbing error or i'm imagining things that didn't happen.

I really enjoyed this episode, and I'm pretty sure scraggy knew his 'mummy/daddy' as soon as he/she hatched so I just presumed that Ash was going to get the hatched pokemon from previous episodes. The battle I guessed half way thought because you noticed that Axew had a shine for Scraggy because he realised it was weak. Also, the 'fight' they had before the battle I think was just because Axew didn't like being ignored when he was trying to make a friend/battle partner/etc. I wish scraggy all the best in future episodes, i'm looking forward to it.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I really like Galvantula's dub voice. Very creepy!

Scraggy is still not one of my faves though.

Random : PokéRadar

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast